[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

Woow..ep was good...can't wait for more :)

As for this 'sibling' thing...thats why i said from the start father should of involved her too from the start..she should of known he just pretends to be her brother...pretending to the world would be enough...many people will dislike the fact she starts to have feelings twds MM while she still thinks he's her brother :crazy:...well since they took this path and can't be changed i hope she will find out the truth very soon at least...before she totally falls for him

OTP really has great chemistry and i'll be sorry if this plot ruins this great love story and the drama

No matter who MM really is...he grew up free as a bird...is fearless, brave and with strong will..just like AR...i think they totally suit each other

To tired to go to details of todays ep tonight...there were many great ones...will do it tomm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

we still didn't see Ah Ro's full reaction to his "forced" kiss but she obviously wasn't into it!! plus don't you think that it was wrong of his side to just jump into kissing her while she gave him no sign of agreament?!! she even calls him "Master Pervert" and all she see and think about is Sun Woo and I won't talk about her feelings for Sun Woo but when it's obvious for him that he's almost invisible to her how can he do such a thing?!! it was wrong and he will learn that what he did was wrong!! peace chingu!! :) 

It kind of went with the flow..

He has always been blunt and upfront about whatever is on his mind to her, he protects her, he was the first to jump on BR when he ridiculed Ahro.. the man respects her ... he is always taking care of her.. has her bodyguard constantly making sure that she is safe..

In the context of the story, it was an act of desperation but no not as heinous as everyone is making it out to be...

If there is enough time to judge his kiss, then there is enough time to judge ahro not pushing him back.

If time is less for ahro's reaction, then time is less to interpret King's reaction to her reaction and his overall intention..

We are talking of a period where he considers her his woman in the sens he loves and respects her. He knows there is no man in her life. He is after all the king and can literally make her do anything.. but that's not even on his mind..

Right now off the two folks, king is much much better. Let ahro come out and tell him that she doesn't and wouldn't love him.. madam hasn't done anything of the sorts.. 

He he...shipers war?...AR&MM team - against kiss...AR&king team - was ok

I ship AR&MM...and hate king for kissing her first <sulk> :wink:...but not as if i won't be able to sleep coz of it...more coz the week till next ep will be looooooooooooog :sweatingbullets:

P.S. Really hope this thread won't become real war zone...its only a few of us here as it is...thats what i'm sorry the most

1 hour ago, dani4lane said:

So due to the fact that Ahro is not pushing him away with so much force that makes it ok for him to push himself on her. It is never ok for a man to force himself on woman whether she pushes him away or not. Ahro doesn't know Sam Maekjong, to her he is just a stranger that paid her to tell him an erotic story and has just chosen to force a kiss on her that she didn't ask nor wanted him to give her.  Yes, it is that serious because there are people out here that think that things like wrist grabs or force kisses are swoon worthy in dramas and they are not. 

hmm.. he is far from a stranger..

He is someone who has constantly been around saving her!!!.. even on the story day, her behavior was more inappropriate than his..

sleeping in a closed room with the man she is apparently uncomfortable with? Don't think so..

And the kiss happened in a flow.. it wasn't that she is running away and he grabbed her, dragged her, kissed her. .. she is pushing him trying to free herself and he is still forcing himself upon her.. NONE of that happen..

I have three point to make:

1. I judge everything in the context of the story  (includes era, period, characterizations, character interactions, intent, timing in the story)

2. Judgement of an action should be fair to both parties and not biased

3. Morality lectures are relevant only in relevant contexts

2- unless ahro pushes him back with same fervor and he refuses to stop, i will not consider this act a heinous crime.. yes a mistake in flow of the moment... but really in this context he is expressing his love.. and from preview he makes it clear that he will pursue her.. ( perfectly alright.. for he has never minced his words in front of her.. and has been always very clear of his feelings for her).. show me when ahro is genuinely uncomfortable and king starts to harass her and i will agree  with you on king being wrong

3-  first, every wrist grab is not a signal of rape. Second, people who have issues with legit intentions too .. i am super curious how or why they watch dramas.. because almost every other romance drama has the theme of one partner getting a litte more verbal/aggressive to move the plot forward... and if these people are so concerned about what is shown, they should know they are contributing to promotion of such acts by contributing to viewership (not just live rating but even when one talks abt it, refers the drama to it... adds to its CPI on social sites.. etc etc)

In my opinion, raising voice when actual violence happens, or a woman is shown weak in accepting torture in any form, or when entire gender is made to questions its equality in the society , or if legit violence and torture is sold, or when school kids are made to act and study through home tuitioning.. take up those issues.. which are indeed issues..

E.g. Scarlet heart, LJK's character.. when he literally threatened the heroine that he will kill the one she loves.. THAT is wrong signal out an out...

but here in context of the story, i don't buy your point of it being a "forced upon" kiss

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

we still didn't see Ah Ro's full reaction to his "forced" kiss but she obviously wasn't into it!! plus don't you think that it was wrong of his side to just jump into kissing her while she gave him no sign of agreament?!! she even calls him "Master Pervert" and all she see and think about is Sun Woo and I won't talk about her feelings for Sun Woo but when it's obvious for him that he's almost invisible to her how can he do such a thing?!! it was wrong and he will learn that what he did was wrong!! peace chingu!! :) 

Preach!!!!

Everyone go crazy with love line. But, did you realize the preview a little bit confusing with seon woo/MM identity. A man came to master Ahn Ji to say "he is not the one that should come outside the world"? Is it refer to king? Or what? I just dying to know hehehehe may be they ( MM/king ) were switched *makjang* There has to be a story behind them

20 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

It kind of went with the flow..

He has always been blunt and upfront about whatever is on his mind to her, he protects her, he was the first to jump on BR when he ridiculed Ahro.. the man respects her ... he is always taking care of her.. has her bodyguard constantly making sure that she is safe..

In the context of the story, it was an act of desperation but no not as heinous as everyone is making it out to be...

If there is enough time to judge his kiss, then there is enough time to judge ahro not pushing him back.

If time is less for ahro's reaction, then time is less to interpret King's reaction to her reaction and his overall intention..

We are talking of a period where he considers her his woman in the sens he loves and respects her. He knows there is no man in her life. He is after all the king and can literally make her do anything.. but that's not even on his mind..

Right now off the two folks, king is much much better. Let ahro come out and tell him that she doesn't and wouldn't love him.. madam hasn't done anything of the sorts.. 

I know that he likes her and won't tolerate anyone to talk bad about her, and I know that he kissed her not in disrespect act but because that's what he felt doing but still it was wrong!! I'm not saying that he's a bad person, he's not, he only acted the wrong way and that's what I didn't like and made me angry!! he's using the wrong way to show his feelings and win her heart!! I still love him and I know that he'll learn to be a better person and king but we only voiced our disagreemant to his wrong action!! Maek Jong is a good person but being a king who lived by himself for a long time made him unaware that some of his actions are unappropriate and I'm not talking only about the "kiss" but many other actions like ordering Sun Woo to put him down but then realised his mistake and asked politely for him to save him and how his actions with Ah Ro made him look like a pervert to her and he's not helping her to change that idea about him with all his pushy actions!! and even if she has no one in her life he doesn't get to kiss her without her permission or any sign of agreemant add to it she's not supposed to give him any clarifications about her personal life as it's her personal life add to it she didn't even knew that he think of her as a woman!!

I think you mean Meak Jong and Sun Woo by the "folks" and as for me Sun Woo is a better person and Maek Jong is learning and will learn more from him!! Sun Woo is a protector and care taker who believes in equality between the people while Maek Jong is a demander, self-centered person which I'm not blaming him to be that way as that's how he was raised as a king but to be a better person and King he will learn how to change that and he's on the start of that path with his interactions with Sun Woo and the others!! 

that's my opinion anyway and everyone can have a different opinion as long as we remain respectful to each other!! right chingu?!! :) 

57 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

He he...shipers war?...AR&MM team - against kiss...AR&king team - was ok

I ship AR&MM...and hate king for kissing her first <sulk> :wink:...but not as if i won't be able to sleep coz of it...more coz the week till next ep will be looooooooooooog :sweatingbullets:

P.S. Really hope this thread won't become real war zone...its only a few of us here as it is...thats what i'm sorry the most

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes that would be bad but don't think we will reach that!! :D 

5 minutes ago, Bernadeta Meidy said:

Everyone go crazy with love line. But, did you realize the preview a little bit confusing with seon woo/MM identity. A man came to master Ahn Ji to say "he is not the one that should come outside the world"? Is it refer to king? Or what? I just dying to know hehehehe may be they ( MM/king ) were switched *makjang* There has to be a story behind them

the ajhusshi was referring to Sun Woo (Moo Myung)'s identity which I'm dying too to know what is it!! :crazy: for sure Sun Woo's identity is too important and most likely from a royal family but don't think that Maek Jong isn't a ligit son himself!!ahhhhhhh I want/need to know who's son is Sun Woo (Moo Myung)!! :crazy:

17 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

OST part 4

thank you for the OST!! :wub: here is an MV for it!! :wub: 

lyrics hangul:

Spoiler

Wendy & Seulgi – I Can Only See You Hangul

틈만 나면 생각나
자꾸자꾸 커져만 가
너 때문에 웃게 돼
온종일 너만 보여
아무렇지 않은 척
내가 먼저 다가갈까
니 귓가에 속삭여
I’m waiting for you
오 오 오에오
오 오 오에오
오 오 오에오
You can sing for my life
자꾸 눈에 아른거려
너만 보면 두근거려
말 못하는
고백들만 쌓여가
어떡하죠 나
아직 너무 서툰데
이 마음을 전하고 싶어
내 심장이
다 고장났나 봐
세상을 다 가진
기분이 드는걸
조심스레 용기내
고백해볼까
나 있잖아
널 사랑해
오 오에오
오 오에오
오 오에오
난 너만 보여
너도 내 맘 같을까
모든 게 다 꿈만 같아
처음 만날 때부터
I’m waiting for you
오 오에오
오 오에오
자꾸 눈에 아른거려
너만 보면 두근거려
말 못하는
고백들만 쌓여가
어떡하죠 나
아직 너무 서툰데
이 마음을 전하고 싶어
내 심장이 다
고장났나 봐
세상을 다 가진
기분이 드는걸
조심스레 용기내
고백해볼까
나 있잖아
널 사랑해
오 오에오
오 오에오
오 오에오
나는 너뿐이야
살며시 다가가서
부드럽게 입맞출까
언제까지 니 곁에
I’m waiting for you
태어나서 이런 맘
처음이야
세상을 다 가진
기분이 드는걸
수천 번을 들어도
설레이는 말
사랑해 너를
운명처럼

cr: http://klyrics.net/wendy-seulgi-i-can-only-see-you-lyrics-hangul-romanization/

romanisation:

Spoiler

Wendy & Seulgi – I Can Only See You Romanization

teumman namyeon saenggakna
jakkujakku keojyeoman ga
neo ttaemune usge dwae
onjongil neoman boyeo
amureohji anheun cheok
naega meonjeo dagagalkka
ni gwisgae soksagyeo
I’m waiting for you
o o oeo
o o oeo
o o oeo
You can sing for my life
jakku nune areungeoryeo
neoman bomyeon dugeungeoryeo
mal moshaneun
gobaekdeulman ssahyeoga
eotteokhajyo na
ajik neomu seotunde
i maeumeul jeonhago sipeo
nae simjangi
da gojangnassna bwa
sesangeul da gajin
gibuni deuneungeol
josimseure yongginae
gobaekhaebolkka
na issjanha
neol saranghae
o oeo
o oeo
o oeo
nan neoman boyeo
neodo nae mam gateulkka
modeun ge da kkumman gata
cheoeum mannal ttaebuteo
I’m waiting for you
o oeo
o oeo
jakku nune areungeoryeo
neoman bomyeon dugeungeoryeo
mal moshaneun
gobaekdeulman ssahyeoga
eotteokhajyo na
ajik neomu seotunde
i maeumeul jeonhago sipeo
nae simjangi da
gojangnassna bwa
sesangeul da gajin
gibuni deuneungeol
josimseure yongginae
gobaekhaebolkka
na issjanha
neol saranghae
o oeo
o oeo
o oeo
naneun neoppuniya
salmyeosi dagagaseo
budeureopge ipmajchulkka
eonjekkaji ni gyeote
I’m waiting for you
taeeonaseo ireon mam
cheoeumiya
sesangeul da gajin
gibuni deuneungeol
sucheon beoneul deureodo
seolleineun mal
saranghae neoreul
unmyeongcheoreom

cr: http://klyrics.net/wendy-seulgi-i-can-only-see-you-lyrics-hangul-romanization/

I think I'm the only one here who ships Aro more with Sunwoo/Dog Bird :sweatingbullets: The King is cute and I like him too, but Sunwoo's love for Aro seems more pure and selfless. I love the way he protects her from harm, and lightly teases her without overstepping the line. As of now the king I feel, has a slight selfish intent to liking Aro, which i don't blame him, given his sad backstory. I think Aro gives him a sense of comfort, familiarity, and belonging all which he has been deprived of in his childhood.

On another, here is some fan art I did of Aro who is the cutest character ever imo! :blush: 

tumblr_oj8e41i1GL1qcz1tco1_1280.jpg

3 hours ago, novemberschopin said:

I think I'm the only one here who ships Aro more with Sunwoo/Dog Bird :sweatingbullets: The King is cute and I like him too, but Sunwoo's love for Aro seems more pure and selfless. I love the way he protects her from harm, and lightly teases her without overstepping the line. As of now the king I feel, has a slight selfish intent to liking Aro, which i don't blame him, given his sad backstory. I think Aro gives him a sense of comfort, familiarity, and belonging all which he has been deprived of in his childhood.

On another, here is some fan art I did of Aro who is the cutest character ever imo! :blush: 

-mod edit-

no quoting of pics -

You are not the only one that ships Ahro more with Moo Myung/Sun Woo. I love their scenes/interaction with each other they have really genuine conversations. I also agree with your assessment as why Sam Maekjong is infatuated/likes Ahro.

Related imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated image

My first post, Hello to everyone and just wanted to unlurk to join in talking about these latest episodes which to me keep getting better and better.  Hoping you won't mind my sharing my thoughts as well...

First I am neither on the Kings team or the MM team LOL:)I guess you could say I like them both and could see it going either way.   I do however feel that MM is not her brother just someone who is replacing him.  They share no blood and yes her Dad in a way is to blame for this mess but I also think MM felt so bad about the loss of his friend that he wanted to do something, anything to help his friends family even if it means being used.  Yet, it's true that legally he is her brother in that sense.  I guess it's kind of like when two single divorced parents meet who have older kids and marry what if the kids fall in love is that a sin some might say yes.  But I don't think so, they share no blood, didn't grow up together, it's not their fault their parents fell in love and they shouldn't be punished for falling in love themselves.  Love isn't forced it just happens and you can't control the heart.  If they shared the same blood that's a whole different story all together...

AR's heart is being stirred by MM and her friend was kind enough to give her a quick lesson on what she was feeling that it wasn't family love but the romantic kind.  Just from what she said alone it looks like MM is her first love at least that's how I see it...

In episode 5 I found my heart so moved by the scene where AR is cleaning MM's wound and she is spilling her heart out to him thinking he is a sleep and being humble and honest in telling him she hasn't had anyone to lean on for such a long time and her fears as well.  When MM starts to share his heart as well and you could feel his pain in worrying what have I gotten myself into and how in this world can I protect this innocent, lovely soul.  You can hear his fears but he tells her to trust him and reminds her that she is no longer alone that he is there for her and to lean on him...  Such a heart wrenching moment because it feels so real...

MM isn't the only one with a sad story so it is with the King who may seem to have it all.  That is everything except the one thing he needs most love.  His past speaks for itself and although he knows who his parents are I have a feeling he wishes he was adopted or could be anyone but who he is.  I actually think he is in worse shape then MM as least MM has a sense of who he is as a person the King is lost not in where he is but who he really is...

The kiss that has been so talked about to me wasn't meant to be harmful and I say that because of his past history with AR he not only looks after her, risked his life for her, paid her debt and watches after her from afar.  But you can read it in his character.  I think when AR was teaching him about the butterfly first you could see his excitement.  Then when he asked about a picture word for the KING she drew a little bird who had fallen out of his nest.  Spoke from her heart with passion about her feeling sorry for the faceless king and all his pain and struggles. 

As the King sat and listened to her describe her picture and thoughts she was in fact ripping off his mask and word for word she was indeed telling it just like it was.  It's as if she could see the real him underneath the cocky attitude and confident mask the him who was broken, lonely, without family, without a home and lost as to even his purpose or who he was. So hurt and lost is he that he wished he wasn't even born.  Her defending him like that was more than he could handle. It crushed him right down to his soul and hearing it broke his heart...

With tears in his eyes he wasn't kissing her in anger or in an aggressive way. At least not in his mind and I don't think in hers either.   Although he did get upset about her mentioning her brother mostly because he loves AR and is jealous of MM.  It's the very reason he wanted to study with them he wants to be close to her, to be with her.  Even his kiss was out of need to show her, I want you, I care about you.  His timing was wrong but his heart so full of her at that moment he just couldn't hold back because he just wants to be loved and feel the warmth of someone next to him...  For he is that little bird, cold and alone and no place to call his own and no one to give love to or receive love from...  That sums up his life that is, until he met AR...

7 hours ago, novemberschopin said:

You are not the only one that ships Ahro more with Moo Myung/Sun Woo. I love their scenes/interaction with each other !!!!!!They also have most genuine conversations with each other as well.  I also agree with your assessment as why Sam Maekjong is infatuated/likes Ahro.

Hi All.. 

Just dropping by to comment and ask. ^^v

I honestly havent watched the drama just yet, but saw bits of the clips here and there. There are just too many characters - I'm not familiar with all the actors. This feels like watching Hana Kimi, too many males - looking pretty much alike.  
I like Hyung Sik here though - he has grown a lot since The Heirs so kudos to him, and despite not having watch the whole series so far, I already shipped the King and Ah Ro so bad (hahahaha.. :sweatingbullets:). I think I'm going to regret jumping into this ship. Sigh 

Some questions, I hope you guys dont mind answering: Is this based on history? If it is, is there any link to read? 
I thought I read somewhere, perhaps in this forum, that the King is going to marry a commoner / less noble? Is she Ah Ro?

Thanks and happy new year! 

I'm also on the Sun Woo/Ah Ro ship! 

I spent the first episode shipping her with Sammaekjong due to the swoon worthiness of his actions - like when he pulled her waist toward him, and thought I was a goner. Will also admit he was just too beautiful. Second lead syndrome as usual. But then Sun Woo upped his game with everything he did. Putting his life on the line, being sweetly protective of her and of course those rare smiles he would try to hide whenever he was with her. There is something so natural about their interactions, like it was meant to beMaybe it is my personal preference, but Sun Woo's bravery to stand up for what he believes in and experience with hardship were qualities I found to be very attractive - more so because Sammaekjong in comparison, has clearly led a life where most things have been done for him (being the king), and where he has always had others bowing down to him. I'm not saying he hasn't had his fair share of hardship, but seriously, how can a guy who can't do his own washing be super attractive? Or a guy who steals the ball from his own teammate in a fit of jealousy? Some of his actions struck me as too impulsive and well, rather goofy (which was adorable most of the time haha cus jealous Sammaekjong is pure gold). Sun Woo on the other hand knows how to take care of himself. He's nonchalant about scooping horse poop, is independent and strong willed. But of course, you can take all this as a grain of salt, as it is merely my own opinion! :) 

I must say though, I was so shocked when Sammaekjong kissed her! There's only a handful of dramas where the second lead gets to kiss the girl. 

21 minutes ago, dani4lane said:
42 minutes ago, novemberschopin said:

You are not the only one that ships Ahro more with Moo Myung/Sun Woo. I love their scenes/interaction with each other they have really genuine conversations. I also agree with your assessment as why Sam Maekjong is infatuated/likes Ahro.

me too!! :blush: and I think that it's natural for Maek Jong to like Ah Ro as other than being his "medicine" she was the 1st and only one one who conforted him and saw the pain, fear and lonliness he was living with for all those years!! 

@dani4lane chingu if you can please delate the quoted picture and video from your post, it's against soompi rules!! thank you in advance!! :) 

23 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

My first post, Hello to everyone and just wanted to unlurk to join in talking about these latest episodes which to me keep getting better and better.  Hoping you won't mind my sharing my thoughts as well...

First I am neither on the Kings team or the MM team LOL:)I guess you could say I like them both and could see it going either way.   I do however feel that MM is not her brother just someone who is replacing him.  They share no blood and yes her Dad in a way is to blame for this mess but I also think MM felt so bad about the loss of his friend that he wanted to do something, anything to help his friends family even if it means being used.  Yet, it's true that legally he is her brother in that sense.  I guess it's kind of like when two single divorced parents meet who have older kids and marry what if the kids fall in love is that a sin some might say yes.  But I don't think so, they share no blood, didn't grow up together, it's not their fault their parents fell in love and they shouldn't be punished for falling in love themselves.  Love isn't forced it just happens and you can't control the heart.  If they shared the same blood that's a whole different story all together...

AR's heart is being stirred by MM and her friend was kind enough to give her a quick lesson on what she was feeling that it wasn't family love but the romantic kind.  Just from what she said alone it looks like MM is her first love at least that's how I see it...

In episode 5 I found my heart so moved by the scene where AR is cleaning MM's wound and she is spilling her heart out to him thinking he is a sleep and being humble and honest in telling him she hasn't had anyone to lean on for such a long time and her fears as well.  When MM starts to share his heart as well and you could feel his pain in worrying what have I gotten myself into and how in this world can I protect this innocent, lovely soul.  You can hear his fears but he tells her to trust him and reminds her that she is no longer alone that he is there for her and to lean on him...  Such a heart wrenching moment because it feels so real...

MM isn't the only one with a sad story so it is with the King who may seem to have it all.  That is everything except the one thing he needs most love.  His past speaks for itself and although he knows who his parents are I have a feeling he wishes he was adopted or could be anyone but who he is.  I actually think he is in worse shape then MM as least MM has a sense of who he is as a person the King is lost not in where he is but who he really is...

The kiss that has been so talked about to me wasn't meant to be harmful and I say that because of his past history with AR he not only looks after her, risked his life for her, paid her debt and watches after her from afar.  But you can read it in his character.  I think when AR was teaching him about the butterfly first you could see his excitement.  Then when he asked about a picture word for the KING she drew a little bird who had fallen out of his nest.  Spoke from her heart with passion about her feeling sorry for the faceless king and all his pain and struggles. 

As the King sat and listened to her describe her picture and thoughts she was in fact ripping off his mask and word for word she was indeed telling it just like it was.  It's as if she could see the real him underneath the cocky attitude and confident mask the him who was broken, lonely, without family, without a home and lost as to even his purpose or who he was. So hurt and lost is he that he wished he wasn't even born.  Her defending him like that was more than he could handle. It crushed him right down to his soul and hearing it broke his heart...

With tears in his eyes he wasn't kissing her in anger or in an aggressive way. At least not in his mind and I don't think in hers either.   Although he did get upset about her mentioning her brother mostly because he loves AR and is jealous of MM.  It's the very reason he wanted to study with them he wants to be close to her, to be with her.  Even his kiss was out of need to show her, I want you, I care about you.  His timing was wrong but his heart so full of her at that moment he just couldn't hold back because he just wants to be loved and feel the warmth of someone next to him...  For he is that little bird, cold and alone and no place to call his own and no one to give love to or receive love from...  That sums up his life that is, until he met AR...

hi chingu!! happy you joined us here and you're enjoying the drama like we do!! :D

I agree with you!! Sun Woo/Moo Myung only agreed for Abeoji's request when he mentioned Mak Moon and Sun Woo was of guilt that he wanted to help his friend's family as much as he can!! and I believe that Sun Woo is Ah Ro's 1st loves as well, dispite her love stories she still couldn't recognise her feelings for him as her friend told her!! :wub: 

yes I loved that scene too!! they both shared their fears and their feelings, he's the 1st person to make her want to lean on him and he told he to rely and lean on him dispite his fear of not being able to do that as he lost her brother not being able to save him!! and I loved their scenes this episode, how each one of them is  worried for the other!! :wub: 

yes!! I think that as Maek Jong grew in fear understandably Sun Woo grew into a fearless and strong willed man dispite both of them growing without their families feeling abondonant by them!! 

I agree with you and I know that he had no bad intentions but I just didn't like it and I know he'll learn from his mistake!! 

2 hours ago, Bernadeta Meidy said:

I'm curious about this too... whose son he is? is he really an important person? I had a feeling he's a royalty too

50 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Hi All.. 

Just dropping by to comment and ask. ^^v

I honestly havent watched the drama just yet, but saw bits of the clips here and there. There are just too many characters - I'm not familiar with all the actors. This feels like watching Hana Kimi, too many males - looking pretty much alike.  
I like Hyung Sik here though - he has grown a lot since The Heirs so kudos to him, and despite not having watch the whole series so far, I already shipped the King and Ah Ro so bad (hahahaha.. :sweatingbullets:). I think I'm going to regret jumping into this ship. Sigh 

Some questions, I hope you guys dont mind answering: Is this based on history? If it is, is there any link to read? 
I thought I read somewhere, perhaps in this forum, that the King is going to marry a commoner / less noble? Is she Ah Ro?

Thanks and happy new year! 

hi chingu!! this drama is based on a life of a real figure that is the King Jinheung/Sam Maek Jong and the creation of the Hwarang but the rest of characters are fictional!! and sadly I can't help you much on here you can find much information about him other than the wikepidia!! :sweatingbullets: 

20 minutes ago, keepondreaming said:

I'm also on the Sun Woo/Ah Ro ship! 

I spent the first episode shipping her with Sammaekjong due to the swoon worthiness of his actions - like when he pulled her waist toward him, and thought I was a goner. Will also admit he was just too beautiful. Second lead syndrome as usual. But then Sun Woo upped his game with everything he did. Putting his life on the line, being sweetly protective of her and of course those rare smiles he would try to hide whenever he was with her. There is something so natural about their interactions, like it was meant to beMaybe it is my personal preference, but Sun Woo's bravery to stand up for what he believes in and experience with hardship were qualities I found to be very attractive - more so because Sammaekjong in comparison, has clearly led a life where most things have been done for him (being the king), and where he has always had others bowing down to him. I'm not saying he hasn't had his fair share of hardship, but seriously, how can a guy who can't do his own washing be super attractive? Or a guy who steals the ball from his own teammate in a fit of jealousy? Some of his actions struck me as too impulsive and well, rather goofy (which was adorable most of the time haha cus jealous Sammaekjong is pure gold). Sun Woo on the other hand knows how to take care of himself. He's nonchalant about scooping horse poop, is independent and strong willed. But of course, you can take all this as a grain of salt, as it is merely my own opinion! :) 

I must say though, I was so shocked when Sammaekjong kissed her! There's only a handful of dramas where the second lead gets to kiss the girl. 

the more I see of Sun woo the more he impresses me ans steal my heart even more than he already did!! he's a great friend, he's fearless man who won't give a blind eye to what he believes is wrong and will fight against it, he's protective and thoughtful to ah Ro and those around him, he's adorable when he's shy and flustered around Ah Ro and he's a self-made man who can take care of himself add to it he's so swoon worthy!! :love: 

yes not many have that!! 

hwarang keeps getting better and better, its a show that i cant stop myself from watching, it has a certain charm and i wanna see how the boys become friends and deal with the hardship and angst that is sure to come in the future. i also love how all the hwarang boys are well sketched out. lol i cant believe we got a kiss between sam and Aro, i was surprised, i have no bets in either otp i like them all but i have to say i feel like if the end game otp is MM and Aro they need to make or should have made dynamic a bit different from the start cause i can understand why a lot of people like sam/Aro couple, that's the kind of dynamic that would draw me in and pique my interest as well. 

anyways does anyone else love ban ryu, his character is very compelling, in ep 6 when he was talking to suho and he had the flashback of his father getting beaten, the way his face changed was some good acting. also since we are on the topic of lovelines, who  else is looking forward to ban ryu's love line to start with suho's sister, its always fun to watch cold guys for in love and im quite sympathetic to him as well, his home environment  and i assume how he was raised seem pretty sucky. no affection,compassion and warmth, so no wonder he seems pretty moved when suho's sis touched his face like that.

cant wait for next weeks ep, im glad the show is getting love as well. 

Archived