[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

okay so on SBS side it will depend on how long the baseball match going to run...

but if that the case how about the international side.. ??? this is so confusing.. i wish they just delayed it all together rather to see how the long the match is.. now the rating might get effected and also if international side continue with their broadcasting its mean SBS will left behind 1 eps... its a MESS!!!

CuN6WTbWAAQ9Aoe.jpg

• Like 19

22 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Women had more rights during Goryeo than Joseon such as having the same inheritance as their brothers. The multiple queens were considered to be of the same rank in theory. Wang Geon had three wives (first one had no children, second one had the CP, and third one is our evil queen Yu) before he became king, so all three of them became queens. Then he married Lady Hwangbo (Wook1 and Queen DM's mother) and Lady Kim (Woo2 - Baek Ah's mother), who were not queens in their life time, but were promoted later when their grandchildren became king. I couldn't find any info about when Queen 6 (whose daughters married Jeong and Wook1) became queen, but she was from the same clan as Queen 1 who was childless, so it is speculated that Wang Geon married her so that he could have children related to that clan.

MLSHR took some creative license here. Historically, Lady Hwangbo wasn't really queen, and her clan was really powerful, although not as powerful as the Yu clan (Hwangju is in North Korea, while Chungju is in the middle of South Korea - a more strategically important location). Queen 2, the mother of the Crown Prince, was from clan Oh, so Court Lady Oh may be based on her. In fact, some Korean fans wondered if she was the birthmother of the CP at first. 

Generally, only queens lived in the palace with the king, and the other Ladies lived in their own homes with their clans. It seems in MLSHR, many of the wives were still living close to the palace since at least their names come up so often. Except for the crazy Lady Kang. In history, she seems to have cared enough for So to arrange the marriage with the Hwangbo princess so that he could have the support of 3 strong clans (Yu, Shinju, and Hwangbo). 

Later, it is supposedly a member of this Shinju Kang clan that puts Wook2 (Baek Ah) and one of Wook1's daughter's illegitimate child on the throne, so that tells you something about the Kang clan. They lived near the Northern border, and were known for their military prowess in defending the kingdom.

Edit: YH's line that she doesn't want to marry Yo because she doesn't want to be his third wife and not a queen therefore is inaccurate. 

Wow this is amazing. Thanks to @ruizaiofor the detail explanation. Now we know how much is the story deviates from history to adjust the novel.

Do you have a background history on what happen during So's reign? I remember reading somewhere that the first and second part of his term, he's doing okay, beloved even. Only during the end of his term, he started to kill of several (not many) of his relatives who are planning to revolt. 

No?

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, violet90 said:

okay so on SBS side it will depend on how long the baseball match going to run...

but if that the case how about the international side.. ??? this is so confusing.. i wish they just delayed it all together rather to see how the long the match is.. now the rating might get effected and also if international side continue with their broadcasting its mean SBS will left behind 1 eps... its a MESS!!!

Where can i see the news dear?? Official announcement?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Visually-wandering said:

Where can i see the news dear?? Official announcement?

its not official but allkpop release the news... so we not going to get the confirmation whether its delayed or not.. its all depend on how long the match are... 

we will know on monday i guess....

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Wow this is amazing. Thanks to @ruizaiofor the detail explanation. Now we know how much is the story deviates from history to adjust the novel.

Do you have a background history on what happen during So's reign? I remember reading somewhere that the first and second part of his term, he's doing okay, beloved even. Only during the end of his term, he started to kill of several (not many) of his relatives who are planning to revolt. 

No?

Yes, the first 7 years of his reign were calm, and I think he was waiting for his position to be secure before he started out weakening the clans and removing all possible threats to his throne. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Chickpea said:

Greetings, Chingu...

Just watched Ep. 13 again simply because there's nothing else on television on the internet worth watching...  Some thoughts and pardon me if I repeat something that has already been said...  I'm way, way behind...:anguished:

Just a couple of random thoughts...  the preview for Ep. 14 seems to show WS marrying the CP's daughter, at least that's what the translation seems to say.  That would hold true to the history, if I'm not mistaken.  A child bride and in this scenario she will be his first wife, not his second.  Along these lines, it would put WS in line to inherit the throne after the CP.  Then I'm also thinking that the reason Taejo permitted WS to be sent away to the Krazy Kangs was because he knew he had only two sons who were born under a "kingly constellation" and he "chose" the CP so he had to remove WS and have him raised not-as-a-royal so as to insure So was no threat to the CP since he was actually the only threat to the CP.  On some level it seems the CP and So understood this which is why So defends the CP and why the CP puts him in line to inherit the keys to the Kingdom...

I'm thinking about So saying BaekAh was the only brother HS couldn't be in infatuation with since he liked Baekdo and didn't want to have to kill him.  It is fitting, then, that its BaekAh who So goes to for help in bringing back the CP...  And I hope he never has to kill him...  

I'm sad to see the change in WW, how he went from disinterested jerk to a nice guy in love to a calculating, scheming son of a female dog... but then YH is just like him so maybe its in the genes which means Queen Hwang was always more of a threat than Queen Yoo...

Well, that's it until Monday... Ciao, ciao...

@ChickpeaChingu, you are correct  Queen Hwang was always a threat that is why Queen Yoo framed her so she can get kicked out of the palace. In order to come back WW needed a powerful clan to back him so can go back to the palace. I think Yeonhwa always wanted the throne because she was just like her mom. WW pretended to. It want the throne so he use his time, donated a lot of stuff, treated his wife with care and he was nice to the help.  

I can't remember which episode it was but I believe that WW sees his servants as servants not people. The reason why I am positive now is because he allowed YH to be veryyyyyu abusive to them. I certainly did not like the look he gave CR when she begged WW to save her. I believe CR appearing like was due to the 9th prince and truthful chingu's, i reallllly hate that Yoon Sun Woon played that role and I am at awe at how well he played that role. He is so talented for making me hate his character so deeply 

• Like 11

but on the lighter note.....

if international side don't change anything i pretty sure eps 14 will air like usual... also i google (LOL i did do this) baseball game match usually up to 2.5 and 3 hours.. so if its finish early than SBS will air it like usual...

lets make a prayer circle.......... please just finish that baseball game early!!!!!!!! 

• Like 19

Just now, qwenli said:

I am quite sure the international version will still go on.

Is the historic day going to happen that overseas get to watch the drama first before local Korea?. Interesting....very interesting...

i think so too... there is no way international side will change all their schedule just to match SBS.. also SBS have to wait the match to end....

interesting indeed but SBS want the revenue from baseball match more so i pretty sure they already prepared with the loss of their rating.... money come first.......

• Like 14

@KdramaSwimmer  Happy to be of service, chingu.  **bows**  We do whatever we can to enhance our enjoyment of the perfection of these men, don't we? :wub::w00t:

I dunno a thing about cricket but -Mr 360 of KDrama land- that's one cool nickname.

@Hanazumi & @littleloony  So nice to know you all appreciate the action-sequence post.

@littleloony  I am an action nuts too, but only as a critic. As in, I don't particularly enjoy action films/dramas, but when a scene is well done, I would watch it in slow-mo and loop endlessly. :sweatingbullets: Now that I know someone enjoys such a post, I will try to do more. It's just that the highlight gifs and analysis are so time-consuming... but in the end, it's worth it.

Haven't seen "Rurouni Kenshin". I shall check it out. Thanks for the rec.

@LyraYoo  Thank you so very much for the vid link. OMG, you're awesome!

Whenever LJG talks about his "old" age, it makes me want to shake him out of his self-deprecation. I know that the K-industry seems obsessed with youth, but HELLO!!! You GOD of an actor! Just realize what a sexy devil and talented man you are, and stop putting yourself down! He looks wayyyyy better and fitter than his earlier days.

@Angiiee  Thanks for the translation. Please thank your Korean bf on our behalf too. :)

4 hours ago, Angiiee said:

At the same time as the 14th episode, which is supposed to play on the 10th, the 2016 Pro Baseball Wild Card Finals will be playing. Therefore there is a chance that the broadcast will be cancelled.

What? Say what?!! Oh please don't. Please don't prolong my agony. I need the episode NOW! Waiting for Monday is hard enough for me.

Edited by zi4r
Edited links; Added last part
  • Like 19