[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

30 minutes ago, rumasa79 said:

Sorry to cut your great post..

I love you for writing this! I remember feeling heavy with emotion during this scene. She was waiting for him, she thought she was imagining things, but there he was, coming for her. 

Another scene that I love was when Soo blurted out everything to So, that she tried to live again, to forget everything by experiencing all the pain from the labor work. She merely breathes and lives by. I'm quite sure that her feeling for Wook is only what's left of her memory. All she needed was closure.

I'm completely agreed with you... I think this drama is very realistic, I don't know about you guys, but if got betrayed by your husband or boyfriend or fiancee, not once but twice like Go Ha Jin/HS, it will take looooong time to get over it and accept a new love. Sometimes even if you think you can love someone new, you will think it's a rebound and better to avoid him, just to make sure if it is 'real' love. Right now, she just wants to live, just want to survive and believe if she avoids the princes/palace politics, she will be fine. Actually I like this episode, it's realistic, mature story, and not like any typical kdramas. 

Looking forward for tomorrow's episode... :) can't wait... 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

(.....................)  It's the noble idiocy trope, I'd say. She is staying away from him because she loves him. JM clearly told her not to bid farewell to any of the prince when she was leaving Damiwon, but whom did she seek out before leaving? WS. And only him alone. No one else. Even when chancing upon WW on her way back, she didn't call out to him. Then when WS came back to find her, she was very much touched to tears. Although she tried to push him away, but I can't miss seeing her being so concerned and worried when she turned around and saw that he put on his mask again. When WS proposed to her, she was also so touched beyond words, that I think she almost agree to him, but snapped back to "reality" which in her mind is that she is supposed to avoid him and leave him alone. Anyhow, in all their interaction, I can only see suppressed love and longing in her eyes.

Side note: poor HS, is she going to limp her way till the last episode? or when she got transported back to 2016? and how did she manage to climb all those stairs at JM's quarter to find WS? :-P

I had the same feeling as I was rewatching the scene, (always raw): that she was much more affected by WS and worried.On the contrary, at her meeting with WW she seemed to me detached from feelings, and the weak smile she gave when WW told her 'I missed u every day' (thanks once again @qwenli)  was not clear to me : it was a smirk of "seriously?so what?how does this help me/us?miss me from a safe distance? poor "almighty" prince", it was a weak expression of "at least u missed me-at least u still believe this is enough-that is all I can expect from you", it was a weak smile of resignation? anyway, i can go on but this is enough,I think i made my point. Nevertheless, even if this is the case, I am still angry  on behalf of the supersweeet, supergreat love of WS, and on behalf of WS himself

• Like 10

My friend told me that I have the wrong picture in my last comment. If she's right the picture is when Hae Soo has returned the hair-pin to Wang So. But for me are the same feelings just they have another meaning. In this picture she already spoke with the king. Then she's disappointed because she knew she can't marry him, and the reproach is towards his insistence. I think is her first step towards Wang So .

• Like 11

Daaaang. Came back to the thread and see a bunch of PO'ed Eclipses. It's understandable though. I haven't watched the episode yet, but I've been reading the comments.

I'm thinking HS is going through the 5 stages of grief, and eventually she'll reach acceptance (last stage). WookSoo ship is dead, but there are just lingering feelings between Wook and Soo; nothing will come out of it. It's a dying light and the scenes between the two are not romantic; they're tragic. What I can see from the video clips are that Soo's heart is wavering for So, but she is in complete denial at this point. Obviously, she has not healed from all the heartache and she's still limping, so that serves a stark reminder of the pain she endured. But the way her eyes shine with hope for a few seconds when she looks at him, and the way she tries to ignore him and smother those feelings is showing the change in her feelings. Her monologue clearly shows her feelings, but her physical body is doing otherwise. She is pushing So away not only because she blames herself, but also she wants to stop the misfortune that could happen to him. Her words are harsh, but she probably is frustrated that he refuses to let her go and can't accept why he would love someone like her. Deep down, even in her monologues, she believes she's not good enough for him. So is really too good for her, but he doesn't care. 

For Wang So, I love that his feelings don't change and he acts upon them. Don't forget that he is socially inept, so he probably doesn't know how to respond to Soo's feelings and give her space. He wants to take her to a better place, but hasn't quite grasp yet that it takes time and patience. He just wants to make things better for her right away. 

YH may be evil, but at least she is honest about her feelings for So. I believe she likes him, but it's always been hard to reach him. I would like to see where this leads. YH may not be a good girl, but we have to question whether she is good enough for So. 

As for Wook, he's annoying and needs to go away already. That's all I'm saying. 

I'm in class right now and preparing for a midterm so I can't write a longer post to share my thoughts. I had to respond because I couldn't stand to see some of my fellow Eclipsers freaking out over this episode. I get you, but chillax, people. We will get our chance. They can actually fit a lot into one episode and we got 8 left. I want at least 6 episodes jammed back with SoSoo - like purely SoSoo. Not about the chase but about a reciprocated love between them.  

• Like 15

Ok, watched without subs.. (Yes, we are all obsessed) But tell me.. When WS came back after one year and HS saw him, her eyes welled up. But when she met WW no tears. Or did she cry? 

I am a sucker for sad endings. Main reason being not many people attempt it. And also because it is extremely hard to pull off. Some very good examples are The English Patient, End of an affair (Ok fine, I have a thing for Ralph Fiennes!), Casablanca. To pull off a perfect sad ending for the lead romance they need to fall in love!!!! 

Without sub and from my (twisted) perception HS is in love with WS (like Wuthering Heights' Heathcliff n Catherine) but she is also in love with WW (Edgar n Catherine). 

Till the subs come out I will keep my tinted glasses on! whip-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

• Like 18

43 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

come on people, give that girl a break... Imagine if you are HS, there are so many bad things happen in her life within short period of time, start from she's a girl from the future, then her cousin was dead, she was sent to the palace for marriage, then got punished to become Lady Oh's assistant, then the poison incident, the tortures that cause her limping til now, then Lady Oh's death, all the palace politics, plus her scary premonitions about WS, then she was sent to become laundry girl...

Imagine her live from rich girl to almost a slave, it must be so stressful and very hard... If I were her, I would be so depressed to the point you just don't want to handle anything complicated, just to stay alive.

I think that's what she's having right now, in this episode I think she's having very bad depression, no smiles, always looking lost, she's have difficulty breathing, and chest pains. I think she just trying to survive, avoiding for complications, and to her, WS's love is more complication. It's only been a year, come on.. if you fell in love with someone and got betrayed, not once but twice... how long does it take for you to get over the guy? 1 month? 6months? 1 year? no... sometimes it could take several years to forget him. It is not easy for her for her to accept WS's love and proposal.

I think she does love WS (but not fully realize this yet) and already knows her love with WW was over, it shows from the laundry scene, she thinks she saw him (because I think she missed him) but he is actually there and gives her a back hug. But she still avoids WS because she just wants to survive (at the moment, she probably got confused as well). So let's see in the next episode tomorrow, I think something big will happen and she will 100% realize that WS is the one :) 

i am not frustrated at how she rejects so or not fall for soo. but for her to blindly believing wook, that i got a problem with. as for wook himself, to choose other than to protect his family would also be out of character. i honestly don't blame him for that. but i do fault him for letting soo believe he is doing everything in his power to protect her. wook already let soo die when he cant say anything about yeon hwa. he didn't show up at soo's hanging because there's nothing he can do. yet, he let soo believe he was out there giving it all to protect her. if lady oh didnt sacrifice herself, our heroine fate would ended then and there, all we get to see would be wook crying for failing to do anything. we would probably also see so dying fighting and protecting soo. 

for her to not accepting so, i can understand, although with the limited time left, if she's gonna fall for him anyway, if she could hurry a bit that would be wonderful. betrayed by men in two different life time, i would totally understand if she said no all together to men.

• Like 5

I wonder how the Korean viewers are taking all this, are they crazed like us international fans after this episode?!  Surely they are more composed, lol. I wish I knew korean so I can visit their sites to read their comments, haha!

I am way too deep in this drama, I need therapy after it ends, haha!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, fuyukoneko said:

@theonlyone88 Did the scene with YH and WS happen after WS's marriage proposal? Maybe WW told YH about it and YH realizes that if she doesn't do anything soon, she'll end up married to Yo? Whereas, before she didn't think she had competition for WS's affection.

No, it happened before. Wang So proposes to Hae Soo later. 

• Like 3

In real life, I understand why HS still has feelings toward Wook. She was so traumatized and guilty-ridden over Lady Oh's death, and then left without anyone to talk to process her feelings that I think her feeling and thoughts are frozen in time before everything feel apart. In dramaland, I wish she had a clean break this episode last episode or that we have more than 8 episodes.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, chelseab said:

@arabela if you read most of the comments from recent preview. We are actually not blaming wook for his empty promises or for his choice to put his family and ambition first, we are over it along time ago. Now we are mad because he can't own up to his own mess but he kept pushing the responsibility to others. he blame wangso for haesoo misfortune and blame yeonhwa (talking about debt) for making him abandon haesoo. His sister already said it, she was ready to die if her plan failed. He should reflect on his own mistake and learn instead of continously denying it. That's what we want :)

Thanks for replying :)

Unfortunate, is very hard for me to keep up with so much comments and cannot have all consider. I know many, if not most , from this forum are mad with WW, and probably after 12 ep even more. I am on the minority group, if there is such a group!, meaning someone else besides me :) who is not mad at him . Yes, he is not assuming responsability, he never was someone to do that from the beggining, but also he is not the only one in this drama :) I am in love with WS, but I can also feel he has some things to take responsability for - he is not without blame, and in a way, WW was , in my opinion , correct - that will remain to be seen, but , like in the Cnovel, the one who will hurt HS more it will not be WW but WS. WS will not be more able than WW to make her happy and safe ... So if we really want to talk about taking responsability we should, in my opinion, talk about WS also , and not let us be blind by the fact we love him more ... But this is just my opinion, and please take it like this :)

• Like 1

I'm come to the realization that I will never be able to stay caught up in this thread. I need to accept this and just learn to live with it. didimiss5iv.gif

Today's episode hit me hard, I'm still in a funk over it. *sigh*  I can't believe HS rejected WS again, isn't that like ...4 times now? My heart can't deal with it. PLUS it appeared as if Prince #13 was stabbed.  smiley-sad025.gif I mean, I'm now wondering if there is any chance at all this drama might have an even 1/2 way happy ending. MEH. Although I haven't seen it, I've read the C-version did NOT have a happy ending. I don't think my heart can take it. 

Thanks very much @qwenli for live translations. :wub:

• Like 9

@dears So earlier, you mentioned about how Wang Wook and Baek Ah continued the legacy since Wang So's reign ended through his son. I thought about Wang Wook's name and Baek Ah's real name. I think Baek Ah's real name, Wang Wook - although written differently and means something else, it is pronounced the same as Wang Wook's name. And Wook means the rising sun. I think it is truly fitting since Goryeo's descendants continued through Baek Ah's son, King Hyeonjong - who is also a grandson of Wang Wook.

Then I remembered someone saying Wang So's meaning the sun at the edge or something like that, I think it is befitting for him and his reign. He kept the country together after King Taejo died and Hyejong (Crown Prince Moo) and Jeongjong (Yo) ascended the throne because it was founded and had to go through troubles and even had to kill his subjects who went against him later in his reign. Yet, Goryeo can't continue through his bloodline. It has to continue with Wook and Baek Ah's bloodline - the rising sun.

I'm not sure if anyone is understanding what I am trying to say. :confused:

And I know everyone is disappointed with Hae Soo x Wang So love line. I personally just want to see how the brothers battle for the throne and the impending tragedy :blush:. I am such a bad fan lol :grin:.

• Like 11