[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

39 minutes ago, larinalove said:

I wonder how the Korean viewers are taking all this, are they crazed like us international fans after this episode?!  Surely they are more composed, lol. I wish I knew korean so I can visit their sites to read their comments, haha!

I am way too deep in this drama, I need therapy after it ends, haha!

Korean fans often say this phrase, "real life in the gutters (현망진창)" because we're all abandoning our real life duties just moaning, rewatching, hashing out old spoilers, speculating, fighting against antis, worrying about what scenes may have been cut out by the director, creating memes, looking up history, comparing with the C-version, etc., etc. You can find the forum here, but it is often not accessible from non-Korean IPs.

• Like 13

They say you hate only people you had loved or you had expectations from them.If it is true, it explains why I cannot hate WW, even now that he has the gall to blame WS for his own incompetence (and "incompetence" is just an understatement). From  day one, I disliked  WW. He reminded me of the Tom Edison jr character in the film "Dogville".  (sorry, for the random comment, but i was rewatching the confrontation WS-WW scene)

• Like 9

And they just feel each other. WW said all the richard simmons to her when they met after the year passed and she like suggesting him the words he should have said - Did you miss me? ...But So doesn't need suggestions...Just...I miss you... 

And I like her reaction  to both of these phrases - WW's answer and So's initial words...No doubt IU is very good I like her more and more. 

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, dustdevil said:

If the one thing this drama get right is to have her limping for the rest of the time, that might enough to have me to rate it high. It always drives me crazy in sagueks when they show people undergoing this sort of torture, and then they just walk out of prison, and in the next episode they are up and running around. I'm kind of intrigued that this show didn't show the actual torture, but are showing the after effects, which is the reversal of what usually happens.

Its true that it will be realistic that way. 

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, tessieroo said:

I'm come to the realization that I will never be able to stay caught up in this thread. I need to accept this and just learn to live with it. didimiss5iv.gif

Today's episode hit me hard, I'm still in a funk over it. *sigh*  I can't believe HS rejected WS again, isn't that like ...4 times now? My heart can't deal with it. PLUS it appeared as if Prince #13 was stabbed.  smiley-sad025.gif I mean, I'm now wondering if there is any chance at all this drama might have an even 1/2 way happy ending. MEH. Although I haven't seen it, I've read the C-version did NOT have a happy ending. I don't think my heart can take it. 

Thanks very much @qwenli for live translations. :wub:

Well it wasn't a super happy ending for the cversion 

Spoiler

she went back to the 21st century and wonder if everything she encounter back in the past was a dream when they opened the history museum for the era, she was looking through the stuff and noticed no mention of her but then she saw a portrait of the king with the princes and a young lady that looks like her wearing the bracelet serving the princes tea and she realized it wasn't a dream after all. Then she saw a guy which was 4th prince walking in and her eyes teared up and she took off her glasses to look at him and he looked at her like uh....why are you crying looking at me. 

To me she realized that maybe she was meant to go back and meet them since they are destined to be with each other

Spoiler

Its a sad ending for cversion since she died without 4th by her side but she had 14th with her and she died not knowing that 4th still really loves and that she always cherished the time she had with him. But they did a modern day version in which they once again go through hardship and trials to be together and in the end they got together. 

I know its slim to have a modern day version with the rating it has now but probably it would do much better in modern day since viewers seems more into modern day romance compare to ancient romance lol 

• Like 10

So many comments, is impossible to keep up with all these pages !!! :)

Not believing that HS does love WS till know and thinking her feelings for WW were serious enough, this ep is not a disappointment for me, is in fact very logical. Also because I am  investing more in WS than in WS-HS, it really doesnt bother me if HS begin to fall in love with him or better said to accept to have loving feelings for him only in ep15.

I just want to say that we can be sure she would love WS more than WW. Not only because this was in Cnovel, or because is in her description that he is her fated one. But because

1). She never have visions about WW or his future.! It doesnt matter she was not in love with WS, the simple fact she can have visions about him, about his future, is more telling than any other declaration and her initial heart inclination. Her destiny is tied up with WS destiny in a way she could never have it with WW. 

2). More than that, from the beggining she has with WS a very special kind of friendship, one she never had with anyone else, even WW!!. Her love for WS will be build on that strong friendship which will make her love more mature that the one she had for WW. 

3). For her to love WS, she had to overcome much more resistence and arrive to a kind of acceptance she would have for WW only if she would love him long after him betraying her. Let's not forget she will accept her feelings towards a man who will become something she initially could not accept and was terrified!  Also she will decide to fall in love with him after being disappointed again in love, hurt again, hurt by the life again, so this love is much more stronger than the one she had before. Is the love from a mature woman, not a young girl. Like sometimes in life the love from 30ties is much more deep and rich than the one at 20ties

4). Falling in love with him now, I mean at 14-15 ep, is much more meaningfull , in my opinion, than earlier!!! - She is much more mature, less naive, she makes less projections on the man she loves and less idealisations, is more aware of the tragedies of life, and in a way more able to really love someone, even if he is not who she wanted, even if he will hurt her. We could see that her love for WW could not survive after being hurt, anger,disappointed, and more important it could not survive time!!! But her love for WS will not only survive the hurt, the anger, even hate, but more important time and separation - this is why she would be able to write to him such a wonderfull letter in the end - a letter about love surviving all!!! She wouldnt be able to write such a letter if she would fall in love earlier , when she was more naive and more unconscious. Without all this journey , her love for him could not gain so much substance and would fail like the one she had for WW. Time is the love's judge - it doesnt matter how it started it matters how will end. And her love for WW will end and the one for WS would not!!!

5) She loved WW as a young woman, she would love WS as a mature one! So maybe we dont have their love sooner, but will have a greater one. Even if it would not be happier :)

Edited by arabela
  • Like 21

2 hours ago, tanaqvi said:

I will beat any IU antifan with frying pan since now

She was great!

ALL the way her lips told another things her eyes did

She is NOT in love with WW, cmon ppl

She was bitter in that night river scene an that was goobye scene too

WS finally close to reach her

Thats not a drama about our expectations, nor fanservice, IU acted marvellous here, goo job!

Girls, WS is smart an attentive, he surely watches the signs, it was good

For those who undertood ep12 literally - please watch it again

HS never ever looked at WS with THIS expression before, but she is very much afraid to harm him an make trouble for him now

She believes herself as a misfortune since lady died

And we must know what king told her, to understand her

cause in the end she made GREAT EFFORT FOR SAYING "NO" to proposal

HS longing towards WS is pulpable

please ppl rewatch it please please please

by the way I think to appreciate honesty in their relationship HS must tell WS who she really is, or she doesent deserve him

she can be a huge help for him, and if only he is aware  and believes her,  then it will be true honesty

Thanks for posting something positive about IU and her character.  I know alot of people are frustrated by her actions in today's storyline.... and I can't say I'm not disappointed too.  But I can be forgiving because I genuinely felt so sorry for HS.  I mean she gone through physical, mental, and emotional torture, yet she still continues to live and deal with what fate has dealt her.  In addition to missing Lady Oh and her cousin, she probably really misses her own family / friend from her time - yet she can't talk to anyone about this yet.  So in reality, her suffering is double than what everyone in Goryeo thinks it to be.  :tears:

In addition, the character development is amazing in this drama.:) I commend IU on her acting because when I saw this episode, I thought "is this really the same person who appeared in episodes 1-5?" :huh: Not only her physical appearance, but her whole character and aura became like a different person.  I really felt her performance made me sympathize with her character and even though her exchange with WW did not make me happy, I just couldn't hate the poor girl.

In addition WS and WW's characters' evolution also amazing and should receive a lot of praise for their acting abilities.  When I think about WS going from fierce wolf to his cute puppy wave good-bye in episode 12 :wub: - I also think, "is this the same guy?"  This also goes for WW - his glare at WS when he proposed to HS could burn a hole in someone's head!  I love how we see our main characters evolving.  For me, they are much more interesting than characters like WY, YH, evil queen, and even the 10th prince that remain the same.

• Like 24

If there is person I can sincerely hate it will be the EVIL queen and her fave son.

I cant really bring myself to hate wook or yh yet because they were forced to be evil or bad. I dont think any normal person would stand and do nothing when their mother is being humiliated

• Like 7

2 hours ago, plappi said:

LEE HI – MY LOVE (내 사랑) MOON LOVERS: SCARLET HEART RYEO OST

I always watched over you from afar
Because you seemed like my love

I thought you felt the same way
Although you were looking somewhere else

Like the wind, like the dust
I can’t catch you, I can’t see you

Remember love you
I love you
I believed it was love
I called it destiny

Remember love you
I love you
I am living in your eyes

Only answer to you
Hold onto me when I’m swaying

My love, my love

The tears that fall
Down the window of my heart
They answer me

You’re someone who I can’t have
A person I have to forget

My love is getting farther away
I need to let you go
Because it’s not me

Remember love you
I love you
I believed it was love
I called it destiny

Remember love you
I love you
I am living in your eyes

Only answer to you
Hold onto me when I’m swaying

My love, my love

POPGASA

UHHHH Guys....

There's some pretty heavy foreshadowing going on in this song for our Soo/So couple.

Doesn't sound like this ship is destined for smooth waters. Everything about it is written in past tense.

I believed/I called it.

This is tragic as richard simmons. :frown:

• Like 11

Yup I have switched from Team 8 to Team 4! I mean I still adore Haneul but geez as Wook, you just fail... and miserably at that as well... I'm so disappointed in you, Wook. Oh well. Moving on, there's hope as there's --- 4th Prince: Wang So. Hail King Gwangjong, Long Live The King *fist pumps* He is so adorably stubborn too eheh. Everytime Haesoo tried to get him to back off, he just comes on stronger as ever. That's right Wang So, You The Man:D Be confident & go get your woman. 

That lil scene between Baekah & Woohee feels disjointed to me, I'm not buying into their loveline. How is it that Woohee & Haesoo know each other LoL??   

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, sarasona said:

If there is person I can sincerely hate it will be the EVIL queen and her fave son.

I cant really bring myself to hate wook or yh yet because they were forced to be evil or bad. I dont think any normal person would stand and do nothing when their mother is being humiliated

Lol its not her favorite son more like a puppet son. She groom him to be her puppet to take over the throne. He realized that when Wang So got to do the rain ritual and he didn't and she slap him just because of it and he realized she really didn't love him more like using him to get what she wants. Even Jung noticed it and left her. if it was in the cversion, 14th is her favorite child and she favors him. When he realized it at the end he's just her puppet to get what she wants its to late to turn away. He basically do what pleases her cause he thinks she really favors him but really no 

• Like 7

At the rate this thread is going, we might be at 1000 pages by the end of tomorrow, lol.

I was (more than) a little annoyed at today's episode, mostly because I felt like it completely undid all the positive progress Hae Soo made in episode 11, but I'm hoping that tomorrow's will be better. At the very least, I hope Joon Gi gets more screen time!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, AyaA said:

i really agree with you.. all she needs is time.. more time, so when she realizes her love for WS, she will become a devoted lover to her. she will gave him all her heart and love. and they better give us a proper kiss scene with the perfect camera angle.. (forgive my byuntae mind.. hahahahah)

@AyaA.... I want a perfect kisss to and it has to be so hotttt!!! That I willll be extremely happy for the waiting for Hae Soo to finally realize her true feelings for Wang So. Our hero, warrior and true love. 

6 hours ago, kriswu said:

How I'm feeling right now about-

SO - I JUST WANNA GIVE HIM A BIG BIG HUG FOR STILL PURSUING THE WOMAN HE LOVES DESPITE BEING REJECTED MANY TIMES. :tears:

SOO - WANNA BANG HER HEAD SO THAT SHE'LL WAKE UP FROM HER DAYDREAM.

WOOK - THIS USELESS GUY. YALL DON'T KNOW HOW FREAKING ANGRY AND ANNOYED I GET EVERY TIME I HEAR HIS NAME. BLAMING PEOPLE AND MAKING EMPTY PROMISES IS WHAT HE'S GOOD AT. I'M SO PROUD. CONTINUE BEING AN richard simmons.

I was most furious at the way he blamed Wang So for what happpened to Hae Soo. He was never there for her, he was ready for her to leave and he always approach her when she is alone because there are no witnesses to see them together. From my point of view, I see his way of pursuing Hae Soo and supposedly protecting her the cowards way. He wants her all to himself and now he is treating his sister like the snake that she is. I was positivel'y shockedred-fox-emoticon-05.gif red-fox-emoticon-05.gif at the way he looked and spoked to her. I wonder if he really has no love for her. I almost felt bad for her at the way Wang Wook was looking at her but then I remembered she tried to kill the CP and Hae Soo. 

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, churasan said:

Thanks for posting something positive about IU and her character.  I know alot of people are frustrated by her actions in today's storyline.... and I can't say I'm not disappointed too.  But I can be forgiving because I genuinely felt so sorry for HS.  I mean she gone through physical, mental, and emotional torture, yet she still continues to live and deal with what fate has dealt her.  In addition to missing Lady Oh and her cousin, she probably really misses her own family / friend from her time - yet she can't talk to anyone about this yet.  So in reality, her suffering is double than what everyone in Goryeo thinks it to be.  :tears:

In addition, the character development is amazing in this drama.:) I commend IU on her acting because when I saw this episode, I thought "is this really the same person who appeared in episodes 1-5?" :huh: Not only her physical appearance, but her whole character and aura became like a different person.  I really felt her performance made me sympathize with her character and even though her exchange with WW did not make me happy, I just couldn't hate the poor girl.

In addition WS and WW's characters' evolution also amazing and should receive a lot of praise for their acting abilities.  When I think about WS going from fierce wolf to his cute puppy wave good-bye in episode 12 :wub: - I also think, "is this the same guy?"  This also goes for WW - his glare at WS when he proposed to HS could burn a hole in someone's head!  I love how we see our main characters evolving.  For me, they are much more interesting than characters like WY, YH, evil queen, and even the 10th prince that remain the same.

agreed, LJG & KHN are great as expected, and I must say I love IU's acting in this drama, she's much much improved and I must give thumbs up to the director for this. I admitted I was one of those people who doubt IU, but now I think she is the right person as HS. I think in the press conference she said the drama will develop over the years and HS character will change from cute funny 'modern' girl into a mature 'Goryeo" lady... Yesterday I watched 11 episodes marathon and I must say I was amazed by the events and the characters development. And there are still many more events in the next 10 years, so I'm really looking forward for tomorrow's episode. 

• Like 21