[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 hours ago, Hanazumi said:

@dears So earlier, you mentioned about how Wang Wook and Baek Ah continued the legacy since Wang So's reign ended through his son. I thought about Wang Wook's name and Baek Ah's real name. I think Baek Ah's real name, Wang Wook - although written differently and means something else, it is pronounced the same as Wang Wook's name. And Wook means the rising sun. I think it is truly fitting since Goryeo's descendants continued through Baek Ah's son, King Hyeonjong - who is also a grandson of Wang Wook.

Then I remembered someone saying Wang So's meaning the sun at the edge or something like that, I think it is befitting for him and his reign. He kept the country together after King Taejo died and Hyejong (Crown Prince Moo) and Jeongjong (Yo) ascended the throne because it was founded and had to go through troubles and even had to kill his subjects who went against him later in his reign. Yet, Goryeo can't continue through his bloodline. It has to continue with Wook and Baek Ah's bloodline - the rising sun.

I'm not sure if anyone is understanding what I am trying to say. :confused:

And I know everyone is disappointed with Hae Soo x Wang So love line. I personally just want to see how the brothers battle for the throne and the impending tragedy :blush:. I am such a bad fan lol :grin:.

Me too. I don't really put emphasis to Hae Soo love relationship, since the reason at the beginning to watch this series is not that. I was amazed by the resemblance between the story and the history in Korea. I knew this is a remake. I thought that it will follow the Chinese novel just as it is, but the writer did some research, and actually based it in the real kingdom in Korea, not just create and copy the one from China into a fictional kingdom, It's interesting to see how much they are able to maintain, and how will it distort. It's like the scene in the drama help to understand each of the characters in the history that we will never get to know, since they were no longer here. Well, it's not like the writer's description of the characters is all true, but I could just pretend it is. This is the first time I actually do a deep research into the history, I have never bothered before. Other Saeguk drama I just accept it as a mere drama, not a slightest interest to know about each of the characters well.

So that's why, I could care less who Hae Soo would end up with, 4th prince, 8th prince, and I never suffer a heartbreak seeing Soo's rejection over Wang So or her attachment to Wang Wook. That's why I could even joke about it. I just want to see the development of all the characters (their emotional roller coaster) and curious about how they will become in the future of this series. And I will leave it all to the writer. I trust the writer.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

I thought I would hate episode 12, but I really enjoyed it. I love that HS actively goes through the trouble of limping up the stairs so she could talk to WS, but doesn’t try to talk to Wook even though she had the perfect opportunity. I feel that negates her saying she missed him. And their encounter at night was so different from previous ones. HS no longer accepts and believes that Wook’s promises. To me, it seemed that her “I miss you” was an admonishment of why didn’t you visit me instead of making these excuses. That if Wook had really missed her, he would have visited her sooner despite all the reasons he listed out. It’s so different from HS’s first words to WS after a year of not seeing him.

Maybe, I’m totally misinterpreting HS’s words, but the words “are you trying to kill me?” in the context of their conversation seemed more like she’s terrified when she’s with him because he is the person she worries about the most. Compared to her conversation with Wook where’s she seems dead inside and resigned, she still cares what happens to WS (“my heart pounds with anxiety”). Do other people interpret her words differently?

hae soo love wook so much, she will never force herself on wook. if wook doesnt wants to talk to her she is fine. She waits for wook to comes to her, not the other way round. SHE LOVES HIM THAT MUCH! After 1 year, she still says she misses Wook!

And for WS, haesoo has never spoken so much to him. Yes that entire string of nasty stuff she said to him, should be the longest thread of speech she ever said to WS. I think it felt far worse that mud and rocks being thrown at Wang So. HS's words are like arrows going straight to the heart.

At the end of ep 20, Haesoo will realised she is the root cause of the ruthless Gwangjong, she will realise her mistake and she will die in some sad way like Ruoxi did in the c version and return to the 21st century with regrets.

I thought this is a melodrama but its not, is a SHAKESPEAREAN TRAGEDY!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, dears said:

Me too. I don't really put emphasis to Hae Soo love relationship, since the reason at the beginning to watch this series is not that. I was amazed by the resemblance between the story and the history in Korea. I knew this is a remake. I thought that it will follow the Chinese novel just as it is, but the writer did some research, and actually based it in the real kingdom in Korea, not just create and copy the one from China into a fictional kingdom, It's interesting to see how much they are able to maintain, and how will it distort. It's like the scene in the drama help to understand each of the characters in the history that we will never get to know, since they were no longer here. Well, it's not like the writer's description of the characters is all true, but I could just pretend it is. This is the first time I actually do a deep research into the history, I have ever bothered before. Other Saeguk drama I just accept it as a mere drama, not a slightest interest to know about each of the character well.

So that's why, I could care less who Hae Soo would end up with, 4th prince, 8th prince, and I never suffer a heartbreak seeing Soo rejection over Wang So or her attachment to Wang Wook. That's why I could even joke about it. I just want to see the development of all the characters (their emotional roller coaster) and curious about how they will become in the future of this series. And I will leave it all to the writer. I trust the writer.

I know. I actually was cheering when So and Wook held each other's robes. And I just stared at and replayed the scene when they crossed swords in the preview. Your reason to watch the drama is the same as mine. I personally like history and anything that is history based intrigue me too. I know no Korean so having these sageuk dramas help me to learn about the Korean culture (I do research on the other Asian cultures too). It's a personal hobby. I read somewhere that sometimes when men love the throne, they love the ladies more. It's the situation between So and Wook now.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I didnt sleep well last night. 

I know why Wang So became the Ruthless GwangJong, because Haesoo has and never will love him.

Even if somewhere down the line in ep 15 or 17, haesoo finally turn towards him, I am sorry its too late. Wang So will never believes her anymore. In addition, he will marry Yeonhwa to spite her.

I see it all coming now.

Who are the folks who said Haesoo will have a clean break with Wook when he turned her back to her in the rain? It was just a milestone towards Wook as a villain and a testimony to Haesoo's undying love for him.

Thanks alot show, I didnt know you had this in you for daring to be different from the c version and most k dramas, you will certainly be a hallmark show for many years to come.

I have never felt so betrayed as a viewer. Since people have been clamouring for Lee Joon Gi, SBS released breathtaking stills, wonderful bts and spoilers. Thanks for the ride, thanks for the betrayal. 

HS had reasons (and good ones for the record) for rejecting WS in today's episode. Some things still need to happen before these two get together. 

Also, as some people had already pointed out, she's been showing signs of having feelings for WS, she just can't act/acknowledge them at this point ( and as far as a know, that's how things unfold in the c version, Ruoxi takes a hell lot of time to accept her feelings for the 4th prince). 

Be patient, OTP time will come when its time. 

• Like 13

He is the gentle wind that sooth her soul when she sad. 
He is the soft pillow that silently cushion her when she fall.

Hello, this is the way I see this novel(Startling by each step, BuBu JingXin, Scarlet heart) after I watched the Chinese version.
Warning!, I'm about to reveal everything about the ending in the Chinese version of this drama the way I understand it. 
If you have not watch the original chinese version, please do so before you read on.

Last chance, do not continue if you want to watch the original version...

Spoiler

Everything came together in the final episode. When the 4th prince(king) met Ruoxi in the museum in the future(present) time.
he walked toward her and asked her something like..."Do we know each other?", and than walked away like he doesn't know her.
This is intentional, in fact, he know exactly who she is. He walked over to ask her to make sure she see him for the last time. 
He came to the future for a reason and that is to full fill Rouxi last wish before she died in the distance past life. 
Because, in the last letter Ruoxi wrote to the King, she wished to see him for the last time.
But, because of the misunderstanding he though it was from the 14th prince instead, so he threw the letter in the corner.
The king regret that he couldn't see her for the last time after he heard of her death.
But why he doesn't want to recognize her when they met in the future?. That's because again of Rouxi wishes.
In one of the last scenes when she watched the sky together with the 14th prince, he said that he wish
for them to remember each other forever. Ruoxi told 14th prince that she doesn't want to remember any of the princes in her future.
This is why after the king made sure she saw him for the last time and walked away. He made sure that Ruoxi won't have anymore memories of them.
This is also why Ruoxi cannot find any record of her in the past, because to full fill Ruoxi last dying wishes the king never put
any record of Ruoxi in history. This signify, the king final completely surrendered all his love to Ruoxi. 
I'm sure most people heard of this saying before....it goes something like this "If that what the princess wish,
your wish is my command". And that is exactly what he did. He made sure to turn all Rouxi's wishes into his comands and full fill them all.
You can see the drama leaves clues everywhere, especially toward the second half of the drama. The king did everything for her and because of her.
Ruoxi asked him not to kill his brothers, so he locked them up in jail. Ruoxi didn't want those princes to suffer and rot in jail. She asked the 13th
prince to give them poison so they can committed suicide. Because of her, the king lived the rest of his life as a king who killed his own brothers.
Toward near the end of the drama, it tend to show Ruoxi suffer a lot. Everytime Ruoxi suffer, the king silently suffer 10 times as much.
Ruoxi resent the king for all the cruel things he did, but she never imagined that everything he did...he did for her.
Ruoxi will never realized how much the king loves her.
Ruoxi will never be able to measure the depth of the king love for her.
He is the shield that block the sun from her eyes.
He is the pillow that silently cushion her when she fall.
He is the gentle wind that sooth her soul when she sad.

Thanks for reading.

Just like some other people who have watched the Chinese version, I have my reason to worry.
I know there are still 8 episodes left. I hope that they can still deliver the ending that this beautiful novel deserves.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, qwenli said:

hae soo love wook so much, she will never force herself on wook. if wook doesnt wants to talk to her she is fine. She waits for wook to comes to her, not the other way round. SHE LOVES HIM THAT MUCH! After 1 year, she still says she misses Wook!

And for WS, haesoo has never spoken so much to him. Yes that entire string of nasty stuff she said to him, should be the longest thread of speech she ever said to WS. I think it felt far worse that mud and rocks being thrown at Wang So. HS's words are like arrows going straight to the heart.

At the end of ep 20, Haesoo will realised she is the root cause of the ruthless Gwangjong, she will realise her mistake and she will die in some sad way like Ruoxi did in the c version and return to the 21st century with regrets.

I thought this is a melodrama but its not, is a SHAKESPEAREAN TRAGEDY!

Ah good, you are still around. I was going to pm you don't lose hope.

It's not an epic love story if the love came easy and was accepted readily. These 2 are already life partners in a way, going through the ups and downs of life together, supporting each other. Even if Soo doesn't realize yet. Brace for another heartache because I think Soo will persuade So to take YH as wife, setting aside her opposition to polygamy, even as she loves him. Because she knows she's not going to be around forever and he needs someone to love him. This will be her ultimate sacrifice for him. 

The acting is so on point! We pity So, despise Wook and are furious with Soo. As the writer wants us to. 

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

I know. I actually was cheering when So and Wook held each other's robes. And I just stared at and replayed the scene when they crossed swords in the preview. Your reason to watch the drama is the same as mine. I personally like history and anything that is history based intrigue me too. I know no Korean so having these sageuk dramas help me to learn about the Korean culture (I do research on the other Asian cultures too). It's a personal hobby.

Hoho, it's kinda different with me. I don't really like history. It was my least favorite subject during my school days. Sometimes I even avoid watching Saeguk drama. But I do feel a sudden interest for a particular character in the history. There were times when I watch a historical drama (not a korean drama, as I said this is the first time I was attracted to a historical figure in Saeguk drama) and feel curious about one character and then decide to search everything about him in the history, how it all began, why the history leading to where it was. And this time, it was GwangJong. When I saw Wang So, I was attacted to him, why he become the king that he was. This drama is like his journey. He was not all bad. I'm sure no one is. What drives him to make the decision to kill 2 of his nephews in the history, the way he eliminated all the clans before they rebel on him, how he will make a rule to free the slave and instruct a test for the civil servant to serve as the officials (in order to reduce the power of the stong families and the corruption and collusion). I'm not sure it will all be explained in this drama, and maybe it just end up with Wang So's struggle until he gets the throne. But at least my curiosity got me here and everywhere, lurking on everything about this drama.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, ddeokbokkii said:
Spoiler

Everything came together in the final episode. When the 4th prince(king) met Ruoxi in the museum in the future(present) time.
he walked toward her and asked her something like..."Do we know each other?", and than walked away like he doesn't know her.
This is intentional, in fact, he know exactly who she is. He walked over to ask her to make sure she see him for the last time. 
He came to the future for a reason and that is to full fill Rouxi last wish before she died in the distance past life. 
Because, in the last letter Ruoxi wrote to the King, she wished to see him for the last time.
But, because of the misunderstanding he though it was from the 14th prince instead, so he threw the letter in the corner.
The king regret that he couldn't see her for the last time after he heard of her death.
But why he doesn't want to recognize her when they met in the future?. That's because again of Rouxi wishes.
In one of the last scenes when she watched the sky together with the 14th prince, he said that he wish
for them to remember each other forever. Ruoxi told 14th prince that she doesn't want to remember any of the princes in her future.
This is why after the king made sure she saw him for the last time and walked away. He made sure that Ruoxi won't have anymore memories of them.

Just like some other people who have watched the Chinese version, I have my reason to worry.
I know there are still 8 episodes left. I hope that they can still deliver the ending that this beautiful novel deserves.

I made this account just to reply your post. I've watched C-BBJX about 3 times, and it NEVER occurred to me that the reason he acted so coyly at the last scene was because he was doing as she wished? I thought that it was just pure fate. Okay, mind is blown.

Personally, this is a really unpopular opinion - but I'd rather have an angsty ending! I don't agree that HS doesn't love WS, she may not recognise it as something deeper than the infatuation she has for WW. The care she sheds for WS is another level.

Worried about his scar, worried about his health when he's poisoned. It's all part of it. It may not be the kind of love most K-drama fans recognises since the mains usually end up together - but this could have been and watching over each other through a distance - the kind of noble love like other fans have put it, it's love between the two.

Edited by yongwonhi4jfc
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I didnt sleep well last night. 

I know why Wang So became the Ruthless GwangJong, because Haesoo has and never will love him.

Even if somewhere down the line in ep 15 or 17, haesoo finally turn towards him, I am sorry its too late. Wang So will never believes her anymore. In addition, he will marry Yeonhwa to spite her.

I see it all coming now.

Who are the folks who said Haesoo will have a clean break with Wook when he turned her back to her in the rain? It was just a milestone towards Wook as a villain and a testimony to Haesoo's undying love for him.

Thanks alot show, I didnt know you had this in you for daring to be different from the c version and most k dramas, you will certainly be a hallmark show for many years to come.

I have never felt so betrayed as a viewer. Since people have been clamouring for Lee Joon Gi, SBS released breathtaking stills, wonderful bts and spoilers. Thanks for the ride, thanks for the betrayal. 

Lol Chingu calm down ! did you watch the ep 12 with subs? I know that you do live recaps and translate at the same time . However I don't know if with subs the episodes will be easier to understand. I have just finished it and I must say it is not that bad. HS cares for WS's safety and happiness more than her own happiness . Every time she sees him her heart skips a beat and she is not getting the fact that her feelings are changing and she no longer only have WW in heart. WS makes her heart flutter and she can't ignore him. Even she was mad at him that when she sees him she is reminded of all the struggle she went through , I can understand her. HS feels that she is a sort of bad luck happening to princes and she feels guilty about WS being sent away from the palace, the place where he wanted to stay and never leave again . She doesn't want him to get involved with her and end up dead like lady Oh. It was never easy for HS to accept Lady Oh's death. She think, she is responsible for everyone's misery. Even when she was talking to Wook, she was not accepting his excuses. She was just letting him know that she missed him, (once again, HS is not aware about what really happened and how he was a coward and the real one responsible for lady Oh's death) , because she needed his support through the hardship she went through. His empty words still gave her strength to continue to endure things just to survive. She asked him if he ever missed her, to let him know that all the excuses he is giving to her mean nothing to her. She only wanted him by her side and he wasn't. When he answered her. She let him know that that is enough for her and that she wants nothing from him . She is not wanting him to help her anymore. She can't let anyone get hurt because of her. She is not waiting for Wook to marry her nor save her. 

When WS came back and Taejo saw that he is now ready to be a king he told HS not to worry about the future and just to live in this moment and not get on the path of the destiny of his sons Moo and So. HS seems to understand the message and I am hoping for a character change in episode 13 . I think that she might accept WS at some point of the story unwillingly . Just by following Taejo's words to live in the moment and let destiny deal with the future. In this moment the WS she is seeing in front of her is a nice person, not the murderer Gwangjong. The OTP will happen in the upcoming episodes. Let's just stop predicting the flow of the story and we will be surprised by how beautiful the moment will be, when WS will receive the love of his one Lady. We have to enjoy that moment as much as we can. After that let's be prepared for sadness and agony. Gwangjong will be created by the unfair circumstances that WS will be put in . He will have no choice but to eliminate every traitor, even his brothers, who has zero respect/affection towards him.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, dears said:

Hoho, it's kinda different with me. I don't really like history. It was my least favorite subject during my school days. Sometimes I even avoid watching Saeguk drama. But I do feel a sudden interest for a particular character in the history. There are times when I watch a historical drama (not a korean drama, as I said this is the first time I was attracted to a historical figure in Saeguk drama) and curious about one character and then decide to search everything about him in the history, how it all began, why the history leading to where it was. And this time, it was GwangJong. When I saw Wang So, I was attacted to him, why he become the king that he was. This drama is like his journey. He was not all bad. I'm sure no one is. What drives him to make the decision to kill 2 of his nephews in the history, the way he eliminated all the clans before they rebel on him, how he will make a rule to free the slave and instruct a test for the civil servant to serve as the officials (in order to reduce the power of the stong families and the corruption and collusion). I'm not sure it will all be explained in this drama, and maybe it just end up with Wang So's struggle until he gets the throne. But at least my curiosity got me here and everywhere, lurking on everything about this drama.

Yes. This drama gives us something to think about Wang So's reign. And I think that maybe in history, Wang Wook was either a good guy or a bad guy. Ultimately, they become in-laws in history. lol From brothers to rivals for the throne and the lady to future in-laws. It's interesting to think all about these events and characters and the connections to history. I think it's too bad that we can't have a fusion of So and Wook (that's my opinion).:P I also find it interesting that Eun's wife was Taejo's concubine in history. That was a surprise :w00t:. By the way, we are talking to ourselves.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, myramalie said:

Totally, despite her 'mean' words, she counter it back with some words of care to him. she does care about WS. if u look at her expression when So backhug her, it's a look of relief the he is still alive. If u really hate a person u would jump if that person backhug u.. no physical contact or sort..  her ecounter with wook was limited over the one year and  subconsciously she has been making excuse for him as well. his lame excuses   to her justify that. She has not seen the real him n the changes in him, when she sees the changes or the real him, that would be when her heart start to waver. 

although i'm kinda dissapointed of the slow progress of the OTP love life, still gonna watch it and smack my own head saying this is a saeguk and its hv some link to the korean history where in reality hae soo doesnt exist...

i agree that Soo does care for WS (of course) i personally think it isnt that she 'loves' him yet. But i think we are slowly getting there, though i am irritated with just how slow it is moving. I believe the further apart HS-Wook were, the resolve of HS's feeling towards WW i think is slowly dissolving you can tell with HS's action.

And looking at how badly HS's body was damaged from the torture and the kneeling, does break my heart. I think it is a very obvious outward effect on what the palace has done to her and her spirit. 

But (please correct me) that the preview for 13, the King is ill and perhaps there is a plot to kill the king? (thats why Queen Yoo was in the bedroom with him alone and WS walked in on her) perhaps HS discovered the plot to kill the King and she reached out to both WS and Wook, but Wook doesnt wish to save the King hence this causes HS to see him very differently? While WS tries to stop the Queen and Yo from taking the throne by force. Hence that confrontation in the palace square? This is my speculation of the sequence of events.

As much as i do not like ep 12 and the sequence of events, i am looking forward to ep 13. I think it is FINALLY time for HS to wake up, but more importantly that there is going to be a clash of ambition between Wook and WS which to be honest i am looking forward to.

Rather than the constant clash using words i want to see some action.  I think that scene needs to happen. Hopefully after that there is some progression with WS-HS, cause i think we are all frustrated. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, smitten1710 said:

Soo still rejects So because she's traumatized by everything that has happened : Lady Oh hanging for saving her, the killing committed by WangSo that HaeSoo saw in her vision of the future and she doesn't want to change history.  She knows she's not supposed to be there, she's from another century.  It's not only because Su can't forget her love for Wook, it's that and many other reasons.  And she also doesn't want So to be in danger or to be driven toward being the ruthless and brother-killer Gwangjo that she read in history book.

The kissing scene under the tree, the furtive kiss (we have forced kiss and now furtive kiss :wub:) between So and Soo.  Oh how I love that! WangSo being playful.  And he asked Soo how's your heartbreak? (if the subtitle by S One channel is correct).  Because he knows Soo is heartbroken by Wook action of leaving her in the rain when she was kneeling asking for the King's pardon for Lady Oh. WangSo knows HaeSoo's love for Wook.  He's so tender and understanding.

Wook on the other hand....:angry::angry: He pretend not to care for Soo in front of Jung.  Instead he came to visit her at night when nobody's around. And he still has the nerve to tell Soo, "Don't get ill, don't make me suffer more than I have already" WHAAAAATTT??? And Wook blaming So for what has happened to Soo, well you all have already comment about that a lot.  

And the King suspected that HaeSoo is from the future like JiMong. I wonder what he says to HaeSoo when he said, "I regard you as my daughter like Lady Oh did, so I'm going to tell you something..." And he had prepared WangSo to be king in the future, is it because JiMong told him or because the king has seen that WangSo has the talent to be king?   

Ah! don't forget YeonHwa suddenly asking WangSo to marry her for the pretense of "because as a woman I love you".  She did that only because she doesn't want to be that evil prince with eyeliner (is it Yo? I forget his name) woman just to seal the contract between her brother Wook and Yo/Evil Queen.  I'm worry that WangSo believe her words even only for a few minutes out of his desire to be loved :tears:

The scene between So and Soo during airing the laundry.  So touched her arms, felt her hand, I bet he's noticing how thin she has become and she's walking with a limp now.  The look of deep concern on So's face. And another refusal from HaeSoo. 

This episode made me cry! I can't wait for 13th ep. tomorrow :bawling:

Is WS already aware about the WW and WS relationship as a couple?

• Like 2

I think i am not pissed with the fact she rejected him, but her mind-talking "my heart is at another direction" is making me frustrated. If only it s changed to "prince nim, i hope my harshness will push you away and keep you safe" i will feel much better. 

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, briseis said:

I feel you! I've been scheduling my life around this drama, too. When I sleep, when I eat,... - it all depends on ML (sometimes I'm up at 4:30 am, finishing a post). I was too tempted not to go to school tomorrow but I'm saving my absences for episodes with some heavy romantic SoSoo content...

Funny, we even slept at the same time. We are addicts to the core. This drama is a poison. A very strong one yet i am willing to take anyway. ;) Let's enjoy it while it lasts. Cheers. XX :) 

• Like 12

My biggest question is to what extent are the flash forwards correct? Like last week the preview: where seohyun's character pierces Taejo - that didn't happen as we saw in ep 12. But that's to do with the editing, not the fault of a character's memory.

But HS saw 10 and his wife drowning and at the moment the rain ceremony was complete. Could it be she's mixing the textbook Gwangjong with what happens? Cause in Goryeo history has it that Hyejong (crown prince) reigned for 2 years, Jeongjong (3rd son) reigned for 4 years before Gwangjong (WS) comes along at the helm of Goryeo. Maybe the deaths and the plots against the brothers aren't the product of WS? Confused!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I think i am not pissed with the fact she rejected him, but her mind-talking "my heart is at another direction" is making me frustrated. If only it s changed to "prince nim, i hope my harshness will push you away and keep you safe" i will feel much better. 

I don't know if it was a translation mistake in the version I watched. On the site, I watched it, she said "I had feeling for another." instead of I have feeling for another."

• Like 4