[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

20 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

There are two different versions of the BOGOSHIPDA QUESTION SCENE

YK version (could be similar withI-version)

Versus SBS Version
Warning Lengthy post. (I am supposed to cap off the night , but I just saw the naver cast video of the back hug in the laundry line scene. Adding to what this post said

Spoiler

Not discounting the length of this series which is really insufficient for a 20-episode run (the investors won't take a risk to have a longer series knowing this is a pre-produced) , and the fact that the writer must jive two aspects of history of Goryeo + Adaptation. I would be taking this episode as Hae Soo's inner struggle.

Yes. As much as LJG got me with the smiles in this episode, my heart aches for Hae Soo.

You may read this , but I am sharing my take as Team Hae Soo right now because of personal experience.

Hide contents

Me and my fiance had been together for four years but somewhere along the relationship we ended it, abruptly until I have learned his betrayal after. Like Hae Soo I asked why, but I never get the concrete answer that I got from him. What did I do wrong? Something changed? He had changed? Or Was  I who didn't change the way he wanted to be? 

No answers.

Came another man, but it was feel like a rebound so I ended the relationship right away.

And along those first two years I was hoping he would come back and say he did a mistake and would ask forgiveness and have the relationship a second chance.  I only woke up from reality when I heard he is already married. 

That took me seven years of not engaging to another relationship because of trust issues. There.

Hae Soo's is in her lowest low. And here comes a devoted man as she is asking her to wait for him (sounds like a notting hill plea? LOL). She refused. I would understand her on that part because what just happened when she got herself involved in relationships, someone will get hurt. On her POV, because of her , WS was poisoned, and Lady Oh died. How can she possibly accept a proposal for her to wait for that man whom she almost killed?

A year had passed. She had beaten to hard labour, to cynical remarks, she was stigmatized in a place far away worst from what she had perceived an unfair workplace in Damiwon (remember her whining during her first few days).How can she move forward when she is surrounded by people in a depressing environment? None from the prince show themselves to visit her.  She can't complain . She can't be defensive. Because she think she deserves this punishment because one fine court lady was hanged in order to save her. 

And the person who promised to come back, returned. She dismissed the thought, that it is an illusion on her part. But he was there.When she heard his voice--

She realized he was real.

And immediately hugged her and said he missed her.

Without asking, that man said he missed her.

She was tearing up. And yet she need to restraint her emotion because she almost killed that person hugging him right now.

Back to the river dark of doom scene. 

*From I-version* She stated those I missed you ..even so i missed you. But she was not looking at him. 

That question looks like a rhetorical question to me. She is interrupting Wook's alibis, and promises . After a year , even if he is closer to her place, he never visited her. He never let his presence known to her. That is why she felt all alone all in that one year (which I really felt her deep sighs, when Wang So hugged her. She almost break down again, but she can't. She can't afford to cause anymore trouble by being herself).

She only looked at WW 's eyes when she asked that question. (while she was looking all the time at Wang So after she pulled herself from his back hug. While Wang So is checking her bruised hands, she was staring at him all the time, teary eyed.) I can feel a mix of bitterness from that. And she said that okay that is enough. At least after all his broken promises /false hopes you missed me. It is more of a resignation from Hae Soo. 

Surprisingly, I am not feeling frustrated for Hae Soo because of  her series of rejections to Wang So. My heart aches to this lady who only want to forget for her dilemma in the present but taken back to a more complicated period of which she has no armor but herself. She is loosing the Go Ha Jin as the time passes and yet she is even dragged more into the politics she doesn't want to get involved too. Plus the fact that she has a biggie secret to hide all the time, that she is not Hae Soo. She is Go Ha Jin.

Well said! Agreed!

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Hae Soo's is in her lowest low. And here comes a devoted man as she is asking her to wait for him (sounds like a notting hill plea? LOL). She refused. I would understand her on that part because what just happened when she got herself involved in relationships, someone will get hurt. On her POV, because of her , WS was poisoned, and Lady Oh died. How can she possibly accept a proposal for her to wait for that man whom she almost killed?

A year had passed. She had beaten to hard labour, to cynical remarks, she was stigmatized in a place far away worst from what she had perceived an unfair workplace in Damiwon (remember her whining during her first few days).How can she move forward when she is surrounded in a depressing environment? She can't complain . She can't be defensive. Because she think she deserves this punishment because one fine court lady was hanged in order to save her. 

And the person who promised to come back, returned. She dismissed the thought, that it is an illusion on her part. But he was there.When she heard his voice--

She realized he was real.

And immediately hugged her and said he missed her.

Without asking, that man said he missed her.

She was tearing up. And yet she need to restraint her emotion because she almost killed that person hugging him right now.

Back to the river dark of doom scene. 

*From I-version* She stated those I missed you ..even so i missed you. But she was not looking at him. 

That question looks like a rhetorical question to me. She is interrupting Wook's alibis, and promises . After a year , even if he is closer to her place, he never visited her. He never let his presence known to her. That is why she felt all alone all in that one year (which I really felt her deep sighs, when Wang So hugged her. She almost break down again, but she can't. She can't afford to cause anymore trouble by being herself).

She only looked at WW 's eyes when she asked that question. (while she was looking all the time at Wang So after she pulled herself from his back hug. While Wang So is checking her bruised hands, she was staring at him all the time, teary eyed.) I can feel a mix of bitterness from that. And she said that okay that is enough. At least after all his broken promises /false hopes you missed me. It is more of a resignation from Hae Soo. 

Surprisingly, I am not feeling frustrated for Hae Soo because of  her series of rejections to Wang So. My heart aches to this lady who only want to forget for her dilemma in the present but taken back to a more complicated period of which she has no armor but herself. She is loosing the Go Ha Jin as the time passes and yet she is even dragged more into the politics she doesn't want to get involved too. Plus the fact that she has a biggie secret to hide all the time, that she is not Hae Soo. She is Go Ha Jin.

Sorry to cut your great post..

I love you for writing this! I remember feeling heavy with emotion during this scene. She was waiting for him, she thought she was imagining things, but there he was, coming for her. 

Another scene that I love was when Soo blurted out everything to So, that she tried to live again, to forget everything by experiencing all the pain from the labor work. She merely breathes and lives by. I'm quite sure that her feeling for Wook is only what's left of her memory. All she needed was closure.

• Like 24

Spoiler

My sentiment exactly. before bashing her..watch her eyes n reaction carefully...she is already in love with him but her circumstances and situation doesnt allow her to jump into what her heart is saying because she already learnt the hardest way how devastating in could be to her when she lost lady Oh. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, kriswu said:

Right? We and So don't deserve this ;~; I'm actually crying at my own comment too. :lol:

I really dislike Soo right now but she's the only one I want him to be with. She needs to pamper him. If possible, serve him breakfast in bed. Give him all the finest things this world can offer. But we all know he's gonna reject that and will prolly just say Soo's love is enough. :tears:

Your last comment made me tear up :tears: WS is really something else. Even though he's fictional, we fight for him and protect him like crazy. We want to shower him with love, gifts, hugs and kisses. It's crazy, but we can't help it, we want to heal him. Its too bad that guys like WS don't exist that much. Fighting for love and doing anything everything for it.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, rumasa79 said:

She asked him 'DID YOU MISS ME'? I believe she was asking for a closure, she wasn't trying to get back together. She just needed to know if she was really someone worthy of his love.

I will lie if I say that I don't understand that this is realistic behavior...I am not saying is okay but I experienced it because I was like that years ago in a past relationship... I was pathetic and never thought I would be like that, because my personality isn't like that. A relationship similar to WookSoo, full of sweet words and empty promises. I fell in love easily with the illusion of a man...my "perfect" man. INFATUATION that I thought was love. Just as Wook, he was after me..."my perfect man" was after me. :rolleyes: I did the same as her, trying to pleased the man not letting my real self out because I thought he will like me less. I was innocent but still a fool. Why? Because I keep seeing the signs that told me "He is only words not actions" "He said he loves you but sacrifices nothing for you". I keep lying to myself: "Maybe is a confussion"..."Maybe I am too emotional because I am kind of inexperienced". Even if that's the case maybe I can change him...and we can be happy". I was not a teenager...I was 23 years old. But well, I decided that I didn't want to suffer because I didn't born for that...and I broke up and cried. He called me some time after with sweet words and I was again vulnerable and told him: "Do you even loved me?" Jesus Christ! WHAT A FOOL I WAS! :lol: I think that's because of self esteem...even If I wasn't conscious about it...I think it was really bad self esteem. Because if we need to know that we are WORTHY of the love...that means our self esteem is not good...is low. Time changed me (for good) and the grieve disappeared, the "love" disappeared too...and become just a memory. I learned of my mistake. Maybe I am too harsh with Hae Soo because she reminds me the past me that I hated....that stupid girl I was. But I still think that her feelings are natural...even If I dislike those feelings...is realistic...those things happen. But it depends on us if we let that dominate our life forever, or changed (for the best) and move on. LEARNING...not letting that happen again. I never liked WookSoo because of this reason...but the chemistry of Kang Ha Neul and IU was good and they are visually pretty good together. 

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, larinalove said:

Okay, let's get one thing straight.

I think we all would have been more tolerating and patient with this progress of plot in the drama if we knew the drama has up to 25 episodes or if the progress of the "main romance" was more, how do you say it, yes, actually progressing (sarcasm intended). But the drama is not 25 episodes and we are more than half way through without anything big actually being resolved. We still  have a silly, naive HS pinning for Wook, we still have Taejo alive, we still have left to see 3 kings die and up until now the progress of the WS-HS romance has been at a snail pace, no actually there is romance but just a one sided, unrequited love and the writers had the brilliant idea to fit all this in the last 8 episodes?! Well I am no expert but it doesn't seem smart and logical.

I would have been more tolerating and overlooking of the whole WW-HS fiasco and doomed relationship aspect IF Hae So would have been more logical and not plain naive, if she would have been shown having more romantic tendencies and thoughts for WS, if she would have been shown appreciating his efforts to save her life several times, if she wouldn't have shown to be plain mean to him, lashing out at him unjustly so many times, seeing his hurt face every times she opens her mouth to him breaks my heart, he does not deserve this after all he did for her, he comes to her all smiles and hopeful and she crushes him every time, I mean I honestly am so angry with her. Yes, I know many will say HS doesn't owe him her love just because he saved her life but she does owe him respect and consideration, she does owe to give him the benefit of the doubt, she does owe him kinder words and kinder manners after he was there for her at her worst, anyone with enough humanity and sense in him/her self knows that because she sure as hell does have understanding and compassion and tries to justify Wook even after he abandoned her and turned her back on her, the least she could to for WS is be kinder to him.

I know she is battered, broken, disillusioned and ill, I understand where she's coming from, I knew she would not accept WS's love or proposal immediately after being broken up with WW but at least I hoped to not see her pinning after him still after ONE FREAKING YEAR. I thought the whole climax of the 11 episode, with the rain scene marked the end for WW-HS, I thought since this episode she would be shown to move on from him and in this episode we get this?! Was that in vain?! I would be okay if we didn't have time jump but she was still pinning for Wook but after one year how  am I supposed to believe she will give her heart to WS completely after all this?!  Well, not likely. HS has got a lot of redeeming to do in my eyes, the writers have much to show to make me believe that WS is actually the one she loves and he's not the one who's interfering with HS's true love, her dear beloved Wookie.

Look, it's not enough to only show Hae So have her inner thoughts say "why can I not ignore him" and think we can say "oh, look she is having some particles of caring towards him" and get excited or show us some stolen kisses, initiated from WS (duh) saying "hey, look, the kisses happen only between the main couple, we didn't make the second lead kiss HS, so don't forget"!!

I will still watch and support the drama until the end, I am too much emotionally invested in it not to and I respect the hard work of the cast and crew did for months, the fact that it generates so much emotions inside us is an indicator of their success but that doesn't mean we cannot criticize or give our opinions on it.

This is the last time I am watching a drama without ending it's air time, this is a lesson learned.

I am still hoping for better things happening tomorrow, I will not be having high hopes from now on, I will just watch whatever it is shown without high expectations because I get disappointed.

Now, I am off to watch cat videos to calm myself!! Love you all! 

i freakin agree. one yearrrrr girl. we only have 8 ep left. we need to have that fun starting soon, like in ep 10 already.

and seriously, i can even be patient if the soo and so happens a bit later, just a bit. but for her to believe the empty promises wook told her.

for wook to believe in his own lies, i get it, that's his character, he had no choice but to pick his family. no way in his future plan he can protect soo. he made a choice, he kept the girl hanging to his words while continuing to protect his family. that's just mean.

but for soo to keep believing those lies, that's on her. she was strong, she had her own mind, it was she who prevent king marrying her. wook and so failed. that's what irritates me the most. she was turned into the helpless girl, timid. 

i am not angry at the actors, but angry at how the story turns them into something so out of character. the actors did great. the lack of decisiveness prince, the broken heart (again and again) prince. to have a good protagonist, you need a good villain too, queen mother and yeon hwa did a great job there, 3rd prince and 9th are so detestable i have the urge to smack their faces the moment their face got splashed on my screen.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, pujajain said:

I am not surprised with Soo's decision at this point-

1) This is very traumatized girl. She was tortured, her benefactor hanged and her friend ended up drinking poison all because she dared to get close to princes and not pay any heed to warnings about the same. BTW do you think that they are showing that she has a limp in her leg since bone did not set right or something after her torture. She seems to be limping right after that to an year later.

2)She is beginning to realize no one has truly has power except the king. This is also her out for Wook. She is not aware that Wook knowingly took this path. From her perspective Wook was trying to survive but that did not mean he did not love her ..being rash could have only gotten him and her killed. She needs to know he wants to do more than survive...he wants to be the king and he is not a victim but rather one of the players. We will see that in next episode.

3) From her perspective....So is gonna annoy the king and get himself killed with his dogged pursuit of her. He came close once . Whatever she feels for him (and she does feel some form of affection and attraction for him), it is not worth his life. All that is stopping him from marching to his own tune is her refusal. He is wearing her down rapidly though. Besides in her mind she probably is not worthy of him, she is a launderer with a limp and he is destined to be the next king though it is unclear what kind. She has no place in his life. She is here to witness history not play a role in it. Strangely the more she avoids it, the bigger role she gets to play.

4) She is avoiding heartbreak and yearning for quiet life- She believes that Wook wants to lead a quiet life, same as what she wants so she is still holding onto that delusion which will break when she sees that he wants to be the king. With So's destiny, life will always be in limelight and centerstage....if he is to be the king, she is stuck in pit of vipers. Besides based on  her visions, So will not be a kind king. Can she truly live seeing her kind misunderstood friend turn into monster? Can she truly see all her friends die gruesome death? All she has power to do is maintain a distance.

5) In her mind, if she changes her path in adversity, did she ever truly loved Wook? In some ways Wook is still stringing her along. Why tell her you miss her if you were and are unable to do anything for her? Does he think he will marry her if he becomes the king with the kind of family he has? Can he live with the guilt?

In C-Version Ruoxi pondered again and again on her choice and if she could live with what was destined. I think Soo is doing the same but it is not being shown on the screen. Unfortunately this means that So's heartfelt emotions are being rejected gain and again and that leaves a bitter taste in viewer's mind. I found it interesting that today Soo coincidentally led him on a path to throne. He has always wanted to avoid throne because that is what he thought Soo would like and he would enjoy. But in today's episode, he connected throne with having unlimited access to Soo.

i saw UNLIMITED ACCESS TO SOO and my mind straight away went to gutter.

Sorry not really sorry.hahaha

• Like 5

@LyraYoo adding one more person that explained what I'm trying to say in my previous posts...thank you so much.

Chingudeul..many of us here (including me) feel so emotional..so angry that maybe we couldn't see what is exactly HS feelings right now...the convo between WW-HS is too misleading..it could make many of us want to curse (and even throw the remote tv or banging the laptop keyboard..haha). I guess this drama made us as viewers let out all of our emotions inside..angry,sad,fun,frustrated,hate...only happiness that we don't feel yet...(suddenly I remember the animated movie inside out..sorry..OOT). So I guess that's why many of us here still can't accept all those explanations and analysis.. when we calm down..when we are more cooling down inside..maybe then we can embrace this whole episode..to try to understand why HS did what she did. I guess tonight we all having panick attack like HS in ep9.. lol..that's why our judgement is so very bias.

Give us more times (as I like to give times for myself)...tomorrow or maybe the day after..we will come to understand what's exactly HS want to deliver to us viewers..and...I'm getting sleepy,my eyes are getting heavy..gud nite fellow eclipses from my side of world..once again..let's just see today eps (it's already tuesday in my country)

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, finebyme said:

Actually, HS devotion to WW is quite the endearing quality. Because it shows she is loyal and not a floozy! She doesn't just jump ship when things get difficult. 
She will eventually fall in love with WS, but she will not abandon WW.
WS and HS seem to have the same attitude when it comes to relationship. When you choose to love someone you make an active conscious choice to be with that person through thick and thin - meaning they are not just going by feeling but they are thinking though things, and let us say making and educated decision.
I think they operate under the principle - as far as relationships and love goes -the other person's happiness is your priority not your own.

So even is WW is being a jerk, she will remain faithful because she wants his happiness and not her own.  I like that about her! I am glad she just doesn't jump ship and stays faithful to WW. 

Thank you for pointing this out!!! I really agree with you. The way she is portrayed is far more realistic than quickly moving on to the next guy (like in so many other dramas).

And thank you @bebebisous33 for elaborating what you meant with reality! I thought you were talking about love but now I quite agree with you.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, ratgirlina said:

heck at this point, any girl is better then soo. i'll even support chae ryung for so.

no trace of the intelligent strong modern girl she came with. the girl that said she has no one to protect her. here she just hangs to the empty words of wook??? for a yearrr??? after watching him turned his back on her during the rain scene? for not having the guts to show up when they almost hang her? wake upppppp!!!

come on people, give that girl a break... Imagine if you are HS, there are so many bad things happen in her life within short period of time, start from she's a girl from the future, then her cousin was dead, she was sent to the palace for marriage, then got punished to become Lady Oh's assistant, then the poison incident, the tortures that cause her limping til now, then Lady Oh's death, all the palace politics, plus her scary premonitions about WS, then she was sent to become laundry girl...

Imagine her live from rich girl to almost a slave, it must be so stressful and very hard... If I were her, I would be so depressed to the point you just don't want to handle anything complicated, just to stay alive.

I think that's what she's having right now, in this episode I think she's having very bad depression, no smiles, always looking lost, she's have difficulty breathing, and chest pains. I think she just trying to survive, avoiding for complications, and to her, WS's love is more complication. It's only been a year, come on.. if you fell in love with someone and got betrayed, not once but twice... how long does it take for you to get over the guy? 1 month? 6months? 1 year? no... sometimes it could take several years to forget him. It is not easy for her for her to accept WS's love and proposal.

I think she does love WS (but not fully realize this yet) and already knows her love with WW was over, it shows from the laundry scene, she thinks she saw him (because I think she missed him) but he is actually there and gives her a back hug. But she still avoids WS because she just wants to survive (at the moment, she probably got confused as well). So let's see in the next episode tomorrow, I think something big will happen and she will 100% realize that WS is the one :) 

• Like 18

I am so glad they decided to release Lee Hi's ost this episode, I've been waiting for it for so long, I love it, can't stop listening to it!

Although I am still a bit in the heat of the episode I know things will get better, thank you to all who write different insights that makes us see different perceptions and points of view that make us understand the episode and it's flow better. Thank you for your contributions everybody, so happy to be part of this thread.

Now, go listen to this amazing song over and over and relax!

Spoiler

• Like 11

51 minutes ago, icesiren said:

I understand shippers' frustration about the slow build of the So-Soo couple, but when you listen to what she is really saying, both to him and to herself, as she says harsh words to WS, particularly the scene in the laundry, you can tell she is pushing him away for (what she thinks is ) his own good and to try to not have him turn into harsh Gwangjong. 

When she tells him to focus on himself and not her, she clearly states that she knows he is being sent away from the palace as an envoy because he helped her, As he walks away, HS, says to herself, " I won't wait for you. Even though you put your life on the line for me, even though you called me your person, I can't.  Every time i meet you, I get scared. My heart was already for another person, so I don't understand why I can't ignore you." 

Then when he goes to see her at the laundry, she says him in a mini-panic,  "Why did you cover your face? Did you forget how to make makeup? Did your scar get infected? You hate that mask so why are you covering your face again?" Clearly she is concerned for him..  Then, after HS tells him that she is now a slave and cannot meet princes in her station and he chases after her, as she says harsh words, she thinks to herself, "You have to stop liking me." : Please don't throw yourself away for me." Out loud she tells WS, "Please, live peacefully. Don't hold onto anger or resentment. Forget everything - then all can avoid being harmed." 

Moreover, when WS tells her that nothing matters without her, you can tell that she is touched by his words, and actually considers his proposal for a minute, before pushing him and his pin away.  The feelings are there --- she just has to overcome her past hurts and experiences to get there. 

Just my two cents. :) 

@icesiren Wow, long time no see! Forever my hero since our "Faith" days. :) 

Thank you writing for this. You were very eloquent, and I do agree with you that HS has deep feelings for WS, but they developed against her will/without permission (both in e11 and e12 she hints at her repeated efforts to ignore WS, yet being unable to do so successfully) and even up until now (a year later) she's not ready (or willing) to give in to those feelings. So she keeps pushing Wang So away.

Reason tells her she can't possibly become intimately involved with Wang So and perhaps lead him astray from the great destiny that awaits him (though isn't that a contradiction, when HS doesn't actually want WS to become cruel Gwangjong?), while her heart can't but be affected by WS's sincerity and devotion. Yet if she decided to follow reason and ignore her heart--as painful as it is for us SoSoo shippers--hers is a valid choice. That's why we have free will--so that we can make our own choices, wrong or right, and live with the consequences.

The real issues I have with E12 (though I'm still reserving final judgment until I watch both versions of the episode subtitled, and I find some time to organize my thoughts) are:

1) Hae Soo's current feelings for 8th

"My heart was already for another person" --->Is that line what she literally thinks to herself as she's saying goodbye to 4th? I'm asking because I think I've seen it translated elsewhere as "My heart was heading towards another person" (as in: HS was in the process of giving her heart to 8th), which seems to hint that the heart was heading towards 8th but kept being diverted towards 4th. At any rate, I find the use of past tense significant. That is, I'm wondering if HS is purposely using that past tense to signify that her heart is already given to 8th and she's decided to keep that status quo, OR to signify that she used to think that her heart was his, but isn't sure anymore since she can't ignore 4th.

And a year later, that dialogue with 8th when he visits her in the evening by the river. How did you interpret HS telling 8th that she missed him (in the int version) and asking him if he missed her, and saying that's enough.

2) Hae Soo's extreme harshness with 4th

This particularly struck me during HS's first meeting with 4th when he comes looking for her on his return. The SBS cut their exchange after HS walks away the first time and 4th follows, but not only did she say that WS brings back all the bad memories, in the international version she says that whenever she's with 4th, she's scared and nervous and afraid that something bad will happen. Then, worst of all: "Come with you? Are you trying to kill me?"

I really don't understand why it was necessary for HS to go so far, when if she wanted to push WS away, to get that message across it would have been enough to just say what was kept in the SBS version. Whereas using such deeply hurtful words (while being fully aware of their power to hurt) shouldn't come so easy to her, with a person that is dear to her and also very vulnerable emotionally (WS).

• Like 23

@dhia205 Amazon, hah? That's a good idea. She is resilient to hardship and pain, they say. But that will only be better. I don't want a quick and easy dying. 

@junee22 go on and make a call on Captain Yoo. Make sure he flies us high enough to make the dropping. 

@fathiayunia figure out away to kidnapped HS without either WS or Wook or Jung or BA knows anything about it. 

• Like 5

@Adnana: I think HS is so harsh to WS because she doesn't want another person to die because of her. He's already shown that he's willing to die for her (drinking the poison), so she has to use the threat of her own safety as a way to deter WS.

• Like 12