[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

This drama is really making me feel super curious about the upcoming episodes that I keep searching for things to read.  Chanced upon this one just now

Although it remains to be seen what will King Taejo's (Jo Min-Ki) first move be, it is believed that the upcoming episode will be the turning point of Wang So and Hae Soo's relationship. Hae Soo will now get closer to the 4th Prince and their interactions will change her unfavorable opinion of him.  It is believed that Hae Soo will then unwittingly fall in love with the 4th Prince after 8th Prince Wang Wook (Kang Ha Neul) gives up on her when he was asked to choose between the throne or her love. 

source:

In episode 10, it seems that WW's mother is supportive of his decision to marry HS,  But now that HS is being punished etc, who asks WW to choose between the throne or HS?  Is it his personal choice or is it his mother?  She appears to be supportive of his decision but now that HS is in trouble, she might change her tune.  

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, rumasa79 said:

The hairpin! I saw two picts posted here, Soo wears a blue dress/hanbok and she definitely wears the hairpin. In BBJX if i'm not mistaken there was this scene where Ruoxi finally wore the hairpin given by the 4th prince to show him that she finally accepted his love? Cmiiw.

I cant wait for that sceneee..I want So to feel Soo's love, altho honestly deep inside I kinda feel Soo doesn't deserve him, her being lukewarm toward him offended me a little. But since So only has eyes for her, so be it then, our hero needs a break. Here I am, acting like a crazy ex-girlfriend :)))

Anyone happens to know those picts I mentioned above? Thanks chingu-deul!

Actually post today's episode I would say, WS does not deserve HS.. come what may...

HS has done nothing for anyone to make a comment on her deserving someone or not. The woman has cared for strangers.. she was not obligated to. So, then what is it that WS has done that makes you say he deserves HS and HS does not deserve him?

He loves HS. He needs HS to exist to feel at peace, to feel wanted. If he goes to extreme lengths to save her, protect her, care for her.. or do whatever.. that is because he loves her. He is not doing that out of charity or humanitarian grounds. It is a very selfish act e.g. Queen Yoo may go to any length if 14th prince will get hurt.. but does that automatically make her a wonderful woman.. ??

WS has done nothing..and I mean nothing.. to DESERVE HS. HS has her own life.. she can like whoever she wants to.. and she does.. 

So handwriging her into giving up what she chose out of fear.. and then over time even if she does fall in love with WS.. its meaningless..

Yes, it would be fascinating becaus WS is being played by a handsome man right now.. and LJK is sexy.. But if I turn WS into a not so good looking man.. this same character becomes tyrant and puke worthy as far as true love goes.. :)

I agree he loves her.. but he does not respect her!!!.. 

• Like 6

OMG i've just realised, the chinese version has sequel ????

so moon lovers is BU BU JING XIN (c version - scarlet heart)

and BU BU JING QING - c version scarlet heart sequel 2

will the korean version has sequel ?????? I really looking forward for moon lovers 2 korean version (as i really want to see them in modern version)

i think it will depend on the ratings, the higher ratings are, the more probably they make sequel :tears:

• Like 2

I feel a lot of pity and want to hug WS so much in this episode. I know that the world is unfair but to him, it is tripled. 

Ok 9th episode is a bitter sweet one. 
This eps taught us that love can make us do a lot of things that we thought we can't. 

Love can make Wook let go his desire to become a King. I'm glad that the prod team decided to make his character different from the C vers. In here, Wook motivation, so far, is not greed but love. It makes me want to love him more, sympathized him more. Wook's desire to King is not his but those around him. He seen it as a burden. The need to become perfect and forgeting the things he loves the most: smile, laughter and poetry, is too much now the person who embodied his true desire is in front of his eyes and love him back (mind you, I'm writing on his behalf not HS). He is a thoughtful lover, he tried to push his anger and told her that he is not. Everyone will thinks that he just being untruthful to her again but I see it as an act of kindness. She already afraid, why make her more worry? He's not cruel to HS. He even thinks about how unhappy HS's life in the palace and proposed they went to a village after they married. This time we got to see that he finally open up about what he has been feeling all this while to HS a little bit. He used to sheltered her from all the bad things, his own resentment and loath to something and even some of her doings. But now, he told her that he can't sleep well because of his burden. It may not seem much but to people so secretive like Wook, it was a rather big step. 

I'm not sure Wook ambition has completely died. The archery scene put a lining to it. Yo must suspected Wook too is not fond about WS, because his words suggested Wook be his alliance in order to bring down WS. Did he also suspected HS be the reason behind the loath, is yet to be determine. But It's not hard to see it, because Wook let down his guard a lot when it come to HS. Wook still denied but his last action betrayed his denial. He indeed will make WS pay for taking HS just like he said to 14th. It will be interesting to see this in the game of throne next. Both party, unlike Yo and Mo, is crazily clever and can be ruthless if needed. 

Now he feels the need to make her truly his before somebody snatch her away. He already suspected WS feeling is different from his other brothers toward HS since 'he's mine' thing. Sure, Eun's feeling is as clear as broad day light too but Wook only thought it as a kiddy crush and HS's feeling toward Eun is a friend zone one. But not WS. It was an interesting thing that prince perfect sees WS, who really has nothing, as a rival. Somehow he knows given time, WS can shake HS's heart eventhough all the while HS's kindness toward WS is just the same to anybody else. Maybe because he knows WS won't back out so easily or eventually she will no longer care for his empty promises. You must take a closer look when he said, "Don't you believe/trust me anymore?" when he propose. He has anxiety because he was aware how empty his word were and how WS can protect HS more effectively without giving one promise. I pity HS. She hard headedly still try to believe Wook eventhough she, in reality, already doubt him. It is unfair to both party and make their relationship as empty as his promises. Eventhough I know he is weak and almost has no power to make it come true no matter how hard he tries and how he hates himself for that, empty promise is an empty promise. It is cruel to given someone hope so high when you know you cam not make the wings in the first place. Better not to promise at all if you couldn't make it come true. 

In this eps, we see his mask again fall for a little bit. We again see how different they make WS and Wook character. Wook is someone who play by the rule. He assumed that everyone too, but So. He knew WS couldn't care less about law or rule but he thought WS wouldn't dare to do anything inside the palace wall. Boy, was he wrong about that. That's why he flipped out and brought about the palace rule that a maid can never leave a palace without the King permission. He is angry to WS btw, not HS. To him still, HS can do no wrong and it was very important to find her a.s.a.p or else she will be punished. 

Another interesting things about this eps are Wook's mother reaction to his announcement to marry Soo and 14th character when he told Wook WS has taken HS away (he too seems didn't suspect that HS could've leave in her own will. This probably will be the ground why he hates WS and resent him become King until the end. That, and because WS make his mother and Yo 'change'. He is so innocent that he didn't know his mother and sibling can do evil things. Or just dumb. He should've known how they operate when his mother cut a man's arm for him). Wook acknowledge that he was a grown up in this scene. But I found this acknowledgement can be doubled meaning. Everyone know how 14th feels about HS. To address that he has grown up can mean he address 14th feeling about HS is no longer a childish one. 14th feeling to HS indeed is evolving little by little. We can see he genuinely felt worry. Would it be love? I think it would. But of course Wook didn't see it as a threat. 

The real threat was enjoying his ride with the most beautiful girl in Goryeo. Like anyone would think, WS didn't care about HS's feeling. Even when she said she love someone else, he wasn't even raising his eyebrow to it. So what? You are mine anyway. Love is very selfish, right? But I dont think WS is a selfish person. He was willing to back down if the person is BA. To him, BA is almost as dear to his heart as HS. He knew BA wouldn't make HS unhappy and it's enough for him to see two of his most beloved happy although it meant breaking his own heart. 
He truly happy when he was with her. He was smiling from start to finish, before interupted by Wook and Jung. WS's eyes is on Wook before Jung tried to grab HS from the horse. I guess both guys now know how the other's feeling toward HS. HS's need to be smack as Wook's girlfriend here. She utter the words that hurt Wook deeply, I know she meant well for Wook didn't get into trouble but please save it for someone who truly care. But at least WS was happy about it. I'll think it as a compasation for her evil words to WS. This girl need to fix his mesiah complex and pacifier tendency or else she will hurt everybody while meaning well. Tbh, I hate this kind of character. Meaning well can not justify how you burn down the house in order to make breakfast for everybody. 

In this episode too, love teach us that because of it, one is willing to endure a lot of pain. HS's words that night must have hurt WS deeply. But did he even get angry at her? No. He tried to make her see his determination, that nothing or no one, except BA, will change how he feels about her. He threaten Madam Oh for her and linger in Damiwon to check up on her after that. 

They played WS drinking poison very nicely. I can feel his emotions, his determination to endure everything for her, how his mind works and it was all about her. I guess YH's feeling for WS is indeed love. We can see how worried she is when WS drank the poison. What I can't get my thoughts on is his mother reaction. She must thinking that WS is that loyal to CP. Did she suspect WS feeling to HS? From this scene, not yet.

What get my intention was when he said, "HS, you have poison me." First, I thought maybe he suspected HS was involved voluntarily. But then again, I thought he was right. His love for her indeed has poison him. He was changing, for better or worse, because of her. And therefore for whatever reason, good or bad, he knew even death can't make him separate from her. 

In that sentiments, Wook already lost the battle and he even doesn't know it yet. How sad. Because for me, no matter how other might look at it, his love is great and pure too. 

• Like 23

24 minutes ago, sriskaddict said:

yeah agree fully one must respect one's choice. but i think so is not a really 21st century modern guy brought up with current Morales. He is in an era where if u want something, u are going to take it. yeah i would also feel bad if someone took my choice away. but expecting a prince of that era .......

In my country the monument which represents the greatest love of a king to his wife, his story will also leave u an unsettling feeling in stomach.

Good if you bring up the era concept..even that theory does not hold. When mughals invaded India and the way they tried to take 'posession' of women is not romantic.. and neither is taj's story any super romantic.. It was wrong then, it is wrong now..

The only time this theory of 'posessing' = intense passionate true love holds is when we are talking of sadistic stories.. Pinjar is a classic novel - woman falls in love with the man she raped, or how women were made to marry their rapist.. and basically were expected to start worshipping that man as their husband..

Whoever believes in that theory.. I'd say it is hogwash! Going against wishes of someone who supposedly love, moreover a woman who is spoken for.. is plain sick. Had she been single etc.. I could still understand WS's point.. because then he is trying to pursue her in his own way. .. but snatching away another man's woman.. very very low.. and cowardly

of course wook should not play nice.if somebody is going to snatch his love, and he has guts then he should fight. So is not a really knight in white shining armour. he moral compass works really different than others. who kills 20 or more people for a mother who doesnt even love u!!!!!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I feel a lot of pity and want to hug WS so much in this episode. I know that the world is unfair but to him, it is tripled. 

Ok 9th episode is a bitter sweet one. 
This eps taught us that love can make us do a lot of things that we thought we can't. 

Love can make Wook let go his desire to become a King. I'm glad that the prod team decided to make his character different from the C vers. In here, Wook motivation, so far, is not greed but love. It makes me want to love him more, sympathized him more. Wook's desire to King is not his but those around him. He seen it as a burden. The need to become perfect and forgeting the things he loves the most: smile, laughter and poetry, is too much now the person who embodied his true desire is in front of his eyes and love him back (mind you, I'm writing on his behalf not HS). He is a thoughtful lover, he tried to push his anger and told her that he is not. Everyone will thinks that he just being untruthful to her again but I see it as an act of kindness. She already afraid, why make her more worry? He's not cruel to HS. He even thinks about how unhappy HS's life in the palace and proposed they went to a village after they married. This time we got to see that he finally open up about what he has been feeling all this while to HS a little bit. He used to sheltered her from all the bad things, his own resentment and loath to something and even some of her doings. But now, he told her that he can't sleep well because of his burden. It may not seem much but to people so secretive like Wook, it was a rather big step. 

I'm not sure Wook ambition has completely died. The archery scene put a lining to it. Yo must suspected Wook too is not fond about WS, because his words suggested Wook be his alliance in order to bring down WS. Did he also suspected HS be the reason behind the loath, is yet to be determine. But It's not hard to see it, because Wook let down his guard a lot when it come to HS. Wook still denied but his last action betrayed his denial. He indeed will make WS pay for taking HS just like he said to 14th. It will be interesting to see this in the game of throne next. Both party, unlike Yo and Mo, is crazily clever and can be ruthless if needed. 

Now he feels the need to make her truly his before somebody snatch her away. He already suspected WS feeling is different from his other brothers toward HS since 'he's mine' thing. Sure, Eun's feeling is as clear as broad day light too but Wook only thought it as a kiddy crush and HS's feeling toward Eun is a friend zone one. But not WS. It was an interesting thing that prince perfect sees WS, who really has nothing, as a rival. Somehow he knows given time, WS can shake HS's heart eventhough all the while HS's kindness toward WS is just the same to anybody else. Maybe because he knows WS won't back out so easily or eventually she will no longer care for his empty promises. You must take a closer look when he said, "Don't you believe/trust me anymore?" when he propose. He has anxiety because he was aware how empty his word were and how WS can protect HS more effectively without giving one promise. I pity HS. She hard headedly still try to believe Wook eventhough she, in reality, already doubt him. It is unfair to both party and make their relationship as empty as his promises. Eventhough I know he is weak and almost has no power to make it come true no matter how hard he tries and how he hates himself for that, empty promise is an empty promise. It is cruel to given someone hope so high when you know you cam not make the wings in the first place. Better not to promise at all if you couldn't make it come true. 

In this eps, we see his mask again fall for a little bit. We again see how different they make WS and Wook character. Wook is someone who play by the rule. He assumed that everyone too, but So. He knew WS couldn't care less about law or rule but he thought WS wouldn't dare to do anything inside the palace wall. Boy, was he wrong about that. That's why he flipped out and brought about the palace rule that a maid can never leave a palace without the King permission. He is angry to WS btw, not HS. To him still, HS can do no wrong and it was very important to find her a.s.a.p or else she will be punished. 

Another interesting things about this eps are Wook's mother reaction to his announcement to marry Soo and 14th character when he told Wook WS has taken HS away (he too seems didn't suspect that HS could've leave in her own will. This probably will be the ground why he hates WS and resent him become King until the end. That, and because WS make his mother and Yo 'change'. He is so innocent that he didn't know his mother and sibling can do evil things. Or just dumb. He should've known how they operate when his mother cut a man's arm for him). Wook acknowledge that he was a grown up in this scene. But I found this acknowledgement can be doubled meaning. Everyone know how 14th feels about HS. To address that he has grown up can mean he address 14th feeling about HS is no longer a childish one. 14th feeling to HS indeed is evolving little by little. We can see he genuinely felt worry. Would it be love? I think it would. But of course Wook didn't see it as a threat. 

The real threat was enjoying his ride with the most beautiful girl in Goryeo. Like anyone would think, WS didn't care about HS's feeling. Even when she said she love someone else, he wasn't even raising his eyebrow to it. So what? You are mine anyway. Love is very selfish, right? But I dont think WS is a selfish person. He was willing to back down if the person is BA. To him, BA is almost as dear to his heart as HS. He knew BA wouldn't make HS unhappy and it's enough for him to see two of his most beloved happy although it meant breaking his own heart. 
He truly happy when he was with her. He was smiling from start to finish, before interupted by Wook and Jung. WS's eyes is on Wook before Jung tried to grab HS from the horse. I guess both guys now know how the other's feeling toward HS. HS's need to be smack as Wook's girlfriend here. She utter the words that hurt Wook deeply, I know she meant well for Wook didn't get into trouble but please save it for someone who truly care. But at least WS was happy about it. I'll think it as a compasation for her evil words to WS. This girl need to fix his mesiah complex and pacifier tendency or else she will hurt everybody while meaning well. Tbh, I hate this kind of character. Meaning well can not justify how you burn down the house in order to make breakfast for everybody. 

In this episode too, love teach us that because of it, one is willing to endure a lot of pain. HS's words that night must have hurt WS deeply. But did he even get angry at her? No. He tried to make her see his determination, that nothing or no one, except BA, will change how he feels about her. He threaten Madam Oh for her and linger in Damiwon to check up on her after that. 

They played WS drinking poison very nicely. I can feel his emotions, his determination to endure everything for her, how his mind works and it was all about her. I guess YH's feeling for WS is indeed love. We can see how worried she is when WS drank the poison. What I can't get my thoughts on is his mother reaction. She must thinking that WS is that loyal to CP. Did she suspect WS feeling to HS? From this scene, not yet.

What get my intention was when he said, "HS, you have poison me." First, I thought maybe he suspected HS was involved voluntarily. But then again, I thought he was right. His love for her indeed has poison him. He was changing, for better or worse, because of her. And therefore for whatever reason, good or bad, he knew even death can't make him separate from her. 

In that sentiments, Wook already lost the battle and he even doesn't know it yet. How sad. Because for me, no matter how other might look at it, his love is great and pure too. 

wow what a nice analysis!couldnot have said it better.

btw do u really feel so kind of have an idea that the person she likes is wook?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

cut to 10th prince and his wife.

prince wife told him to accept hs's bow otherwise she has to remain like that.

10th: i dunt want to see you. from now on, turn your back whenever you see me. I am in a bad mood now.

hs tell 10ths wife: if you love him so much, pls keep him in check and make sure he dont get into fights...

--------------

hs continues her journey to serve the food.

Now thisthe pot calling the kettle black and what about her, The girl that sees everyone through rose colored glasses.. She loves WW so much but yet she don't knbow how to approach him to get him to act on his feelings..

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

king talking to WS.

its time that you return to shinju.

WS: must I leave?

king: someone wants you to replace cp. your mum is behind this

WS: this is not fair.

king: i know, but if people keep nudging you, you will lose your loyalty.

WS: my sincerity means nothing to you?

king: i also want to keep you near me, but what can I do. i need to nip the problem at its bud. this is the palace problem

cp looks at ws in an very unfriendly way.

Boy Ws patents is a piece of work as usual all might Queen is using her kids as a tool She took what Ws said and used it to play the both of them against each because of the fact WS won't kill the CP and the KIng being the man as he is fell right in her trap all alone she wants WS gone and bring back WY

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Actually post today's episode I would say, WS does not deserve HS.. come what may...

HS has done nothing for anyone to make a comment on her deserving someone or not. The woman has cared for strangers.. she was not obligated to. So, then what is it that WS has done that makes you say he deserves HS and HS does not deserve him?

He loves HS. He needs HS to exist to feel at peace, to feel wanted. If he goes to extreme lengths to save her, protect her, care for her.. or do whatever.. that is because he loves her. He is not doing that out of charity or humanitarian grounds. It is a very selfish act e.g. Queen Yoo may go to any length if 14th prince will get hurt.. but does that automatically make her a wonderful woman.. ??

WS has done nothing..and I mean nothing.. to DESERVE HS. HS has her own life.. she can like whoever she wants to.. and she does.. 

So handwriging her into giving up what she chose out of fear.. and then over time even if she does fall in love with WS.. its meaningless..

Yes, it would be fascinating becaus WS is being played by a handsome man right now.. and LJK is sexy.. But if I turn WS into a not so good looking man.. this same character becomes tyrant and puke worthy as far as true love goes.. :)

I agree he loves her.. but he does not respect her!!!.. 

agree with most of ur points.

about respect part i think he does respect her, because her opinion of him matters to him alot. yeah he is a bit twisted(with one or two screws loose):D

• Like 9

On 9/22/2016 at 7:41 PM, MoOnLoVeRz said:

3 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

CONFESSIONS.

Wook takes Hae Soo in a cave. Closed. Confined. Nightime.

So takes Hae Soo at the sea shore. Open. Free flowing.Daylight. *insert diligent 948 Ferrari* here.

I just need to note those contrasts. I am just amused on how the productiom highlighted those with the beautiful scenery specially in the beach.

I so loved your comparison!! 

• Like 3

On 9/24/2016 at 11:45 PM, nanaae said:
On 9/24/2016 at 10:18 PM, jayakris said:

Just a note for those who watch the episodes with the DSS subs.  We finished the QC of Ep 9 only just now.  By mistake, it was marked as 100% done when it was only 25% QC'ed, a couple of days ago.  If you watched with the subs too early, you might want to watch again with the latest subs, as a some bugs were fixed and the logical flow cleared up on some of the stretches.

Glad to know that there are those of you who appreciate the subs there. DSS subs have only very few paraphrased lines, as we just stick to what is said. They include the details that are typically found only in the C-subs (but the common issues with the C-subs are fixed with some direct K-translation as well)....  If there is interest and we do not run out of time due to work pressures etc, we will keep it going.   Subs of Eps 6 through 9 are fully done.

soorry to asking but where can ia download the sub??

i search for the download button but there's none. or is it only member who can download it?

Sorry @nanaae, for the delay in replying.  I was checking with the DSS administrator (Mr. Darksmurf) on what was going on.  It turned out that the membership registration was temporarily disabled there.  He has opened it up again for now, knowing there are some Moon Lover fans who might want the subtitles.  You can create a membership now.

If anybody here wants to join and help the work (with videos meant for those who do subtitle work), you are most welcome.

We went back and just finished the subtitle file for the first episode (fully QC'ed now).  So, eps 1, 6, 7, 8, and 9 and are fully manually done, and you can download them if you are a member.  2 to 5 are mostly software generated subs with a few lines fixed here and there. We are slowly working on them too, though the latest episodes are the priority.  Again, these are for the SBS broadcast version, which has scenes that are cut out from the international version.

• Like 11