[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so if HS told him that she loves someone else... why is he taking away her choice from her?

If a girl tells you she values you as a friend and that she loves someone else.. and your response will be that I will kill that person??? .. totally goes over my head.. on one hand you are trying to respect her by saying you won't kiss without permission, you are willing to leave palace , do anything to save her... but on other hand you can't respect her decisions in her own life???

If one loves someone, one should be responsible for one's feelings. If you love her, love her.. you want to care for her, care for her, protect her.. but you can't have this condition that since i love you, you must love me back.. or less you also live a miserable life without any company..

I haven't really bothered with Wook till now.. in all 9 episodes (literally ff his scenes).. but this is too much..

WS has literally made HS incapable of pursuing her life and love.. she can't accept Wook and obviously.. why should Wook play nice if someone else is keen on snatching away his love from her..

How would you feel if Wook goes threatens IU that dare you be with WS.. 

this is ridiculous.. lazy writing.. they have no clear definition for WS character in love.. he is full of contradictions and his personality keeps fluctuating

I think some people have said that this sort of behaviour is expected from the men of those times. Goryeo was a warring empire and women were seen as mere possessions back then. His response, while obviously unaccepted in modern times (and which I do not appreciate as well, being full of modern sensibilities), is probably common in the past. 

I also don't think that he demanded that she love him back now? I think that he knows that she needs to come around it slowly, so he told her that he will wait for her to give permission before he kisses her again. :) 

I agree that Wook does not have to play nice. In fact, I think we are all tired of Wook playing nice. GIVE US BADDIE WOOK ALREADY! 

Not a big fan of the writing in this drama (the last episode, IU's character made me cringe and shake my head in disappointment) , but I have to say that this episode was pretty solid! 

• Like 20

I'm done crying. :tears: I'm all good now. I couldn't get over the end scene. Heart breaking even if we have already expected it.

What can I say? Wang So your love is so amazing. I want a guy like you. :wub:

Glad was able to catch up finally in this thread for tonight's episode and after ep comments. 

Thank you MadraRua for the roll call. Tuned-in on time for the recap,  couldn't live stream at work but next week is different. Fixed my schedule for next week to be able to stream with you guys. 

Thanks to our resident recappers/screencappers you are all jjang. Amazing Eclipses. 

Excited to DL tonight's episode, whether sub or not. The only thing I notice during the make up scene was the distance HS kept from So. Lol. It was so obvious she's been keeping her distance.

I think some Eclipses are correct. HS is already with feelings for WS but she can't seem to recognise it yet. Look at how she looks at him and her conflicted expressions.

Thanks once again folks THANK YOU for tonight and Goodnight. 

• Like 15

49 minutes ago, redlion said:

when my OTP ate ice cream, i bought it and ate it too....

when my OTP ate ramen, i bought it and ate it too.....

now... my OTP drinking poison..... what should i do????? :tears::sweatingbullets:

Yes ..... drink the poison ... then get a POWERFUL ANTIDOTE....... !!! I think WS should outsmart the wicked Queen and evil  Prince by doing that. Hmmmnn ... i wonder when he had rigorous training in martial arts, wasn't he trained to be prepared with antidotes for poison arrow heads and such ?

Oh @redlion.... DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME . I take back my words..... just worried for WS.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I am still curious as to what the whole arrow shooting scene between Wook and handsome evil prince was for..?? 

Initially when I saw it in the preview I thought it would be something like Wook making an alliance with hot evil prince but that wasn't it.

Are they trying to bring Wook's suprsessed bad side???

I think Wook is still thinking about what is his perfect part. His mind keeps swayed between Hae Soo and what he actually wants to do. Not to mention the pressure Yeon Hwa keep giving him. 

I think he is still trying to test the water. What part he should take in his life, in the palace. What he want, what he should do as a head of his family. Who should he get closed to, to make his position stronger. 

I think so far the Princes devided into at least 3 side. 

1. Wang Yo with that Prince (forgot his name). They seems in one side. 

2. Wook with Jung. 

3. So with Baek Ah. 

And..

Maybe Crown Prince with Jin Mong. Even though I'm not sure where Jing Mong actually stand. His character is the most suspicious for me. 

I still don't know where Eun will stand in the future. If from Hae Soo's vision he killed by So, then... For sure he is not on So's side. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

So look at her after kissing and saw her clench fist and stumble back looking like a man who has lost all hope.

HS tears stream down her face

he pulls her away and gallop away on a horse.

14th witness that.

they ride out 

14th reports to Wook

Wook dun believe, she wont leave the palace. how can she.

14th: I am very sure, you can ask the guard

Wook: how can a palace maid leave the palace! and he pounds the desk.

14th: you think So cares about rules? you better not rat on her.

we need to look for her.

@qwenli  Thanks For The ReCap,  Wow now if he saw them kissing and riding off just what do they think he's going to do to her..It's not like he's going off to kill her..

2 hours ago, staygold said:

Since I saw YH and queen yoo plotting in ep 10 preview I went back to check few of YH's scenes. I am feeling for her but I am afraid she is turning dark now.

In ep 7 to WW's "I thought you liked So." she says "Whether it's an arranged marriage or I'm sold off, I will not enter into a deal that does not help you." 

She comes across as someone who knows how to survive and do whatever it takes to survive. She has no romantic notions about marriage. I am willing to see more of her than her brother. If WS really has to marry someone other than HS then YH it has to be. :( But I wont be able to handle a crueler YH.

I have a love-hate relation with her character right now. More love than hate just because she is ready to do anything for her brother and mom. In preview though she clearly wants to be the one with power.

What will be her reaction when she sees WS falling after drinking the poison? YH, please dont make me hate you. 

@staygold  I find YH a Queen Yoo in the making she hates HS, I saw that from the very beginning.. She wanted no other female around to usurp her territory if she had her way HS would no longer be around for the princes to fall out over because now no one is really paying her any attention..  HS has usurp her territory and that she can't have.. She's really going to bank on marrying WS this could be what she talk to the Queen about.. YH thinks she will be able to get WS under her control and do as she wants him to sadly mistaken she's in for a rude awakening..

HS: I wish prince you can live in peace

WS: what if you come along?

I must stay in the palace.

then i will not leave too.

HS: i love someone else

WS: baek ah?

HS: no.

WS: as long as it not him, its ok. I might kill whoever it is.

HS: I said you are mine. since then, you are mine. you saw me for what I was. there was no need for explanation or excuse.

you said you are scared of me? I dont believe. you are my only friend.So I dont feel bad that I kissed you and drag you by force. I dont feel guilty.

WS then hands her the hairpin. 

I wanted to give you something.

HS: I just wanted to help you, not expecting your affection.

WS smile and put the pin in her hand.

Throw away if you dont like it. 

Then he walk off.

Ok Now I see How He Breaks Her Fears Of Him.. This is something he must doI.. WS see way beyond her fears and yet she still stuck in the preminition of hers.. If there supposed to be a surprised turn of events in Ep 11 as of now I don't see things taking a turning point far as her feelings nor in her for that matters..

cut to wook riding with 14th and saw HS and WS on their hrose.

HS: how did you know. have pple started looking for me?

14th: only me and wook know.

14th try to get soo down the horse.

WS: I brought her here, I will take her back.

paeha gave her to me, she is my responsibility.

HS: I will ride with him. dont worry about me. he said i am his responsibility, I will be fine.

Wook: you will ride with him? dont hurt her.....

14th: you cant let her go just like that.

wook: I will make him pay, only this time I will let her go...

Well so much for her wishing him to live in peace, If WW wanted her so bad he should have ask for her knowing that if it rain he grants favors.. She WS right to do as he pleased if he choose to sleep with her or whatever what can WW do but accept it.. Now making him pay only thing I could think of is him trying to set WS up into marrying his sister.. Sister will have a lot of lonely nights.. Maybe were going to come up on the betrayal from HS to WS.. 

2 hours ago, skxz said:

There's so much worry in him :( His next move is to ask the King to let him marry Soo. He also only looks soft and caring when he's with Soo. 

@skxz  He can't be serious, What do the King look like giving WS  HS and them allowing her to marry WW when she was supposed to marry the King do he not listen to himself.. I think he's just stringing her alone but have no intention in doing anything of the sort.. I guess after the Kings dies he will see it as a chance.. With him and WY teaming up I could see him teeling him I'll help you to the throne if you help me to marry HS..

2 hours ago, andy78 said:

YO and Wook archery scene. i DISLIKE THE 2 SO MUCH...EASY PRINCESS AND WY...WY IS SO OBSESSED WQITH HER...WW AND HS MEET ...HS LOOKS UNCOMFORTABLE...WW SAID HE WILL ASK HER HAND T5O THE KING

@andy78  Thanks for the recap, Now this is were WY would feel WW betrayed him because he knows YH was on the journey of making WS hers and yet they allience he never mentioned it.. I could see WY exiling him for this..      

• Like 8

poison theories/thoughts

1) I think the tampered tea was not meant to be toxic enough to kill but enough to bring about justification for an attempt for assassination. Hence why it failed to show in the dip test. The primary aim was to eliminate Haesoo and damage Damiwon, who are both mutual annoyance to Queen Yo and YeonHwa. 

2) Or it could be that the poison was not lethal enough. WangSo has a different level of response to the toxic substance so he survives it.  I'm not sure if YeonHwa will provide the antidote because if she does it exposes her intent. It will imply that she knew the contents for her to know exactly how to counter poison.

3) Wook will investigate and discover the truth. However, I do not think YeonHwa, the 9th prince nor the Queen will be accountable.  Especially YH since she marries Wangso so therefore she was never shunned or punished.  I wonder if Wook will decide to keep the truth with him to protect his sister/household and opts to just rescue Haesoo secretly out of the palace. (which of course is the cowardly way and will fail)

• Like 15

Ah, if only HS was showing better facial expressions and body languages that can convince me that she started to feel something for WS even for an ounce of that then I wouldn't had been this worried for our OTP. *sigh* 

EPISODE 10 WAS BRILLIANT! all thanks to Lee Junki's superb acting. 

Please, convince me that you deserve to be loved by WS, Haesoo~ya! :(

We've got finally on our second half of the course of this drama. Please, dont disappoint me, DRAMA GODS!

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so if HS told him that she loves someone else... why is he taking away her choice from her?

If a girl tells you she values you as a friend and that she loves someone else.. and your response will be that I will kill that person??? .. totally goes over my head.. on one hand you are trying to respect her by saying you won't kiss without permission, you are willing to leave palace , do anything to save her... but on other hand you can't respect her decisions in her own life???

SORRY TO CUT YOUR POST

I know how you feel. when I saw this episode I was like "eh...so lame". But I found this kind of pattern in every historical novels and dramas that I read and watch (and trust me, I read a lot of historical romances), whether western or eastern historical romance. 

I guess this alpha male thing is the trend for that centuries? 

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

If one loves someone, one should be responsible for one's feelings. If you love her, love her.. you want to care for her, care for her, protect her.. but you can't have this condition that since i love you, you must love me back.. or less you also live a miserable life without any company..

I haven't really bothered with Wook till now.. in all 9 episodes (literally ff his scenes).. but this is too much..

WS has literally made HS incapable of pursuing her life and love.. she can't accept Wook and obviously.. why should Wook play nice if someone else is keen on snatching away his love from her..

this is ridiculous.. lazy writing.. they have no clear definition for WS character in love.. he is full of contradictions and his personality keeps fluctuating

yeah agree fully one must respect one's choice. but i think so is not a really 21st century modern guy brought up with current Morales. He is in an era where if u want something, u are going to take it. yeah i would also feel bad if someone took my choice away. but expecting a prince of that era .......

In my country the monument which represents the greatest love of a king to his wife, his story will also leave u an unsettling feeling in stomach.

of course wook should not play nice.if somebody is going to snatch his love, and he has guts then he should fight. So is not a really knight in white shining armour. he moral compass works really different than others. who kills 20 or more people for a mother who doesnt even love u!!!!!!!

• Like 10

OMG... there is a lot of foreshadowing in this episode.

Lady Oh's life is just so sad.  When she said she loved the king, but then had to bathe all the women the king married!  :tears:  Please tell me this isn't HS's future too when WS marries YH.... I just can't....

Also, when Lady Oh warns HS not to trust the 8th Prince, he'll abandon you and you'll be dead... I bet that will happen in tomorrow's episode.  WW will want to help her, but in the end he will choose his family YH over HS.  Since Lady Oh will take the blame, I bet HS will be regretful that she didn't follow Lady Oh's advice.  I think HS will reject WW.  If that happens do you think WW will continue to pursue her?

Thank goodness we only have to wait one day.... I should have waited to binge watch this drama.... Waiting every week is just torture! :(

• Like 19

25 minutes ago, here4da0ppas said:

This was such a great episode, with so much intense acting and a much quicker, tighter pace. 

YAY :D I'll bet that the ratings went up for this episode. NO WAY KOREA IS GONNA IGNORE THE TALENT THAT IS LEE JOONKI

I can't wait for the rain scene, which was my favourite scene in BBJX. gahhhhhhhhhhh the feels

side note: can Seohyun stop randomly appearing for 20 seconds in every episode? when are we gonna get an explanation of what she is and what she is going to do?

just forget about the Korea people ... they continued gonna to ignore the Jun Ki talent (the rating still lower & lower than MBC new drama tonight)

glad, this drama super HITS & HOTS outside Korea & International

• Like 12

1 minute ago, sriskaddict said:

Agree fully. i would have liked a subtle hinting of romantic interest from hae soo towards so. currently it does seem like she has friendzoned so.

So is all about confidence. agree. that is his biggest asset.thats what have made him survive till now.

What I want Hae-Soo to feel right now is increasing unease over her own feelings. She likes the idea of the stability and romance that Wook offers yet is increasingly attracted to the passion and fire that Wang So brings into her world. I think the conflict needs to be felt by the audience which requires subtle expressions and gestures that I don't see with Hae-Soo. It's either written that way or its the actor. She is still naïve and infatuated with Wook especially when he has again and again failed to fullfil his neverending promises of happy future. It's frustrating at the point. 

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Thorny topic but these are good questions. 

There are definitely things WS said that make me uncomfortable. I'm not trying to excuse what he did say/do (forced kiss from last week).

However, and this is just how I viewed it, going from the translations and not seeing subbed versions...he hasn't actually 'forced' her to do anything this episode. He hasn't demanded she love him. In fact, he said that it was fine that she was in love with someone else, and apart from the kill statement which TBH I don't think he even meant seriously-supporting that fact is his consideration on whether it might be Baek...if he was really gung ho on killing his rival for Su's affections, even if it was Baek that wouldn't stop him). 

To me, it was more like...I understand what you are saying, but my feelings for you aren't going to change, and I've declared my intentions so there. It would be different if Hae Soo told him do not pursue me and he ignored that or told her to fall out of love with the person she currently likes. He hasn't..so while there are aspects of the courtship I am not comfortable with, WS for me hasn't irreparably crossed a line with HS yet. (Although I do wish he apologized about the kiss...I sighed when he said he didn't feel guilty.)

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, redlion said:

when my OTP ate ice cream, i bought it and ate it too....

when my OTP ate ramen, i bought it and ate it too.....

now... my OTP drinking poison..... what should i do????? :tears::sweatingbullets:

I love you dedication, but you might want to consider your ways of fan-girling :wub:

I agree with the others ... drink the tea without the poison .... maybe eat some chocolate with it ... nice calming and poison for the hips ;)

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, luci13 said:

Ah, if only HS was showing better facial expressions and body languages that can convince me that she started to feel something for WS even for an ounce of that then I wouldn't had been this worried for our OTP. *sigh* 

EPISODE 10 WAS BRILLIANT! all thanks to Lee Junki's superb acting. 

Please, convince me that you deserve to be loved by WS, Haesoo~ya! :(

We've got finally on our second half of the course of this drama. Please, dont disappoint me, DRAMA GODS!

i don't think HS realize that she have a feeling yet for WS but she did calm down well at least for the vision of WS killing Eun.. that's why she calmly explain the difference between love and friendship in case WS misunderstand and also telling WJ to understand WS cause he don't received any love at all...

but that poison and rain scene will totally make HS realize that WS is the one...

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, qwenli said:

later on, when you guys can rewatched, we can discuss about HS's dialogue to herself when wook proposed to her.

Her inner dialogue was quite amusing to me. It doesnt seems like she loves him at all....

Yashh..I thought so too. She tries to convince herself that Wook is the right guy for her. She wants to be sure because she actually wavers about her own feeling. 

Girl, you have no idea that an epic love is actually waiting outside that damned cave! Thank goodness lady Oh said that it will be closed. I'm done with secret dates!

• Like 21