[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

30 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

What I think is that instead of going back to the way he was, it will give him meaning to fight for her. Its like in the cversion she doesn't realized that she actually has some feelings for him just that now its just cover by her love for Wook. When she gets to spend more time with him she will realized there are some things 4th is better than 8th. There is a seed of love planted in HaeSoo toward 4th it jus need some time to grow and bloom. She's the first person who didn't turn her head when she saw his scar, she even touch it like she's memorizing how it is on his face. He probably is shock that a girl like her didn't run off scared cause YH did turn her head (didn't she?) when he took his mask off. 

Did you guys noticed when Haesoo grab her wrist when 4th almost kiss her? She didn't grab the bracelet but instead her wrist where her scar was at. Do you guys think it means something? 

And will the evil Queen now want to use WS since he's "destined" to be king and not Yo?

Chingu @Immortal_Angel my minds has been on overdrive ever since i finished wathing episode 8. It just came to maybe maybe Hae Soo's premonition of Wang So because so cold and calculating is because  Queen Yoo took him under her wing. She will poison him if I mean if "She misinterpret her premonition" Once Hae Soo leaves him there will be consequences because Wang So is dying to be loved by someone. If his mommy comes in to the picture with her showing some kind of kind motherly love "Goryeo" is DOOM FOREVER.  I wonder since Hase Soo doesn't know her history why is she getting premonitions?? Why?? Unless she is sent there to change some aspect in the past?? Clearly we all saw Wang So is going to be king because it rained but now Wang So needs someone he can trust completelly to inspire him to want to rule. 

• Like 10

hi babes....:P

I missed live recap so don't know the conversations but this was a good episode. I liked the ending. the way Hae Soo notice she actually helped the future killer for making his process over being king. Very hard situation. You like him and help him but than you notice this help will change everyone's life in there; briefly will end their life!...but even ıf she do that or not, history written as 4th prince as a next king. but ıts hard for her...and astronomy guy want him to be next king so much and I'm sure he sent her back to the past for help him and blog his future massacres! his little devilish smile is openly saying he want this power for able to take revenge...he is hiding his own aim about staying at palace... he is not there for being prince, he want to take revenge of all that painful years with being king!...she will help him to get rid his own mind and block the things that will happen at future. this is her mission.

like I said I couldnt see the talks but are this people are throwing dirt on prince 4th because he has a scar?...this scar issue is so ridiculous. there is 3 line on his face and his mother, his father, his family, public..everyone acting like he is a monster! WTF!! right now I have one too...my cat scratched my face and no one hates me for that :lol:...and this is past..this is Goryeo..this is the term everyone has scars in their body bc of wars, fightings with swords... this is killing me...and his scars look so innocent and actually look very good on his face...ıt would be better ıf make-up artist did smth more scary to his face..bc ıt doesnt give him a ugly monster aura. just a handsome guy who had some scars from war zone. he don't even need to use mask...lol I know I'm talking with my point of view but that scar issue is so ridiculous...It reminded me IU's old drama.."Lee Sun Shin is the Best"..every episode everyone in drama were keep saying how she is ugly while you are looking at very pretty face appearing on screen...ıt was like ıf we keep saying it, maybe viewers take IU as simple ugly girl from next door...but ıt didnt work. same here like they want us to see him as ugly monster but no he still handsome, cool and that scar is not scary! :rolleyes:

I see some of us are not happy about Wang So confession but I think ep 9 is good timing for some action. she will stay in dilemma but prefer the man who is "ugly" at outside but beautiful at inside! lol...we all know she would never give-up of her feelings over 8th prince suddenly and go and love 4th prince...ıt happens ıf directors turn 8th prince into a bad guy...ıt won't happen so she will choose one of them with putting both of them in a weigher! nice idea.

anyway lets wait eng sub....

• Like 12

Oh my its been a year since I have been active in any if Soompi's forum. The sheer energy that everyone shares here is astounding and dusts away all the gloom clouds  around. And this feed is absolutely crackling.. Glad to join the fun.

that said, yet to watch ep 8. But I managed to read about the original C-drama version. But the glitch is, the history line for both the countries were different. I wonder how they will manage to stick to the remake and also the history of goryeo. 

Here's to better prospects, and anyone knows how the ratings fared this week?? 

• Like 16

OH GUYS !!!! OHHH !!!!!!!!! DRAMA ARE LIFE , THIS ONE PARTICULARLY !!!!!! 

FIRST OF ALL HAPPY 500TH !!!

OK NOW !!! My whole body is burning right now !!! THIS EPISODE WAS EXCELLENT !!!!!!! I can't wait to read what you wrote because I'm not sane right now !! I lost my sanity !!!! 

The last 5 min WERE UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!! From the moment he flipped his hair in the chair(  hahahaha WY' face was priceless ) to the scene where he looked right in the camera at the end OH MAMA !!!!!!!!!!

I love how Queen and Yo were completely lost HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! They were like "is that him or not ?? What the hell happened" . Thanks Soo, thanks !!!!!!!! All of this thanks to you !! I could see gratefulness in WS's eyes and goodness it's understandable if he's obsessed with her. His life took a turning point which completely heal his heart and soul ! 

AND THAT PARTICULAR SCENE where Soo saw Gangjong in him !!!!! HOTNESS OVERLOAD !!!!!!!!!!! MAN I thought I lost my heart at that moment !!!! I didn't breath !!! It WAS PER-FECT !!!! the instrumentals at that particular scene was DAEBAK !!!!!! for the first, the Ost in here is good ROFL !!!!! LJK is sexiness incarnate !!!!! Maaaaan i can't wait ! I just really hope he really doesn't kill his brother...Please !!!! :(

Finally !!!!!! THE PREVIEW !!!! Do I need to say more ?? Because things are going DOWN !!!! Some actions coming up and I feel satisfied !!!! They show us the kiss OMGGGGG !!!!!!! and he looked desperate because he said "you're my person !!!!!" Like he knows something is going on between her and Wook !!!!!! The way I heard it, his voice ans his action were really like an obsessed person !!!!! Let's see but ohhhhhffffff I feel like I've been in a rollercoaster !!!!! WOUAOUAAAAAA FIIIIIIIIREEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!

• Like 22

I NEED to say something: THE SOUNDTRACK OF THIS EPISODE (the version I watched, at least) WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! No complains at all about it, this time! Epic instrumentals that perfectly matched the scene + just two modern, sweet ballads put in the right place at the right moments (including uri OTP's theme, that I love)! Daebak! :heart:

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, Berou said:

i loved the way HS gently caressed his scar, at first he flinched and then he let her. some weeks ago we talked about how we wanted HS to caress his scar and our wishes got fulfilled. That's one of the most important moments between them: not only he let her take off his mask ( meaning baring his soul) but also he let her to caress his scar, as if her touch will heal him and lesssen his pain. She has magic hands; by trying to use concealer and caressing his scar she wants to reduce his pain, his trauma's scar and give him confidence. Her hands are the turning point of history because she wanted to do a postive gesture but her action will carry negative consequences. She realised it soon, horror and fear could be read on her face.

then, i loved how gentleman WS was when he was going for the kiss : noticing  she's unresponsive, he pulled away. I'm sure at that moment HS was wavering, her heart was also beating fast because when he was gone, she touched her bracelet as if she was trying to remind herself that it's WW she loves.

i'm so excited for tomorrow ep :wub: but i will not be able to watch the livestream. I will comeback again after watching the raw and subbed one for tonight's ep 

The make up scene and the almost kiss was my favorite moment!!! There was so much visual raw emotion being conveyed.  The way these two communicate mutual understanding without words is so powerful. You are right she is wavering but if you rewatch the scene you'll see Hae Soo doesn't actually consciously touch her bracelet. The director was even more subtle than that - Hae Soo is actually touching her forearm where his hand just was, as if to visually show us that her mind is rattled by Wang So's lingering touch and it's effect on her. It isn't until her hand moves downward and accidentally brushed that bracelet that she remembers Wang Wook and returns to her senses. Maybe it was a brief moment but it shows her heart and her mind were impacted by So's words and actions and that perhaps Wang Wook isn't the only prince she could love.

29 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

I may be in the minority here but I loved his possessiveness. ''You are Mine''. He's clearly staking his claim. I don't know how he'll feel when he finds out about Wook and the bracelet. Nothing good I'm sure. But I'm not worried because I think Hae Soo will be well able to handle him and stand her ground. She won't be anyone's possession and she won't be long in telling him. It'll only add to the intensity of their budding romance. It'll be like two matches striking each other. I'm not too worried either by the Kiss... I can't wait. I bet she slaps him and it makes him realise he just may be approaching her in the wrong way. That's when he'll set out in earnest to woo her.

I love it too!! Personally I prefer a male lead that knows what he wants and doesn't let anything get in the way. Some people might think it's possessive but it's almost like a wounded stray dog and food. They will stop at nothing to protect what they consider theirs - even when rescued because they've had to fight and claw for everything they have. They've never lived any other life. And that's the main issue that the audience has to take into consideration. Wang So is never going to be tame like Wang Wook. He's not going to be sweet, or patient, or overly considerate because Wang So doesn't know how to love. He's been taught only how to kill or be killed. It's going to take time and understanding for him to learn how to love in conventional way and Hae soo is the only person that can do that because she is the only one he trusts. I know people are worried about his affection being forced upon her in the next episode but I think if Hae Soo and Wang So are the end game something drastic has to happen in order separate Wook and Soo. So personally the idea of a forced wedding or her being his maid doesn't bother me as much because I'm just thinking of it as a plot device. And like you said - Hae Soo can stand up for herself.

ps. In some ways Wang Wook reminds me of Junghwan from Reply 1988, he's so slow in his approach and because of that I feel like he's going to lose Hae Soo to another.

• Like 21

34 minutes ago, valsava said:

@brielover  Wow I would have never associated Hs character being apart of the Goruyeo time period but being she's in the Goryeo time period and what your take on this explains a lot better being that she's a daughter of water to and how water plays a significanse to the story as a whole.. Gorguyeo was a mythical time period and also explained somethings about the drama jumong I never thought that deeply of and it's my favorite Saguek of all time better yet the very first Korean Saguek I ever watch.. I never read the book and only saw the C-version of this drama and didn't finish it all because I didn't like were ending was heading..  Thanks for this brilliant comment on HS character and look forward to more of your insightful comments..  

Thanks so much!  I just made ths connection last episode and did a tentative posting on dramabeans, where I'll repost this whole thing once the ep 8 recap is out. There might be discussion about it over there, where I post as Barbrey. So glad it added to your insight into Jumong, which I haven't seen but have heard good things about.  The writer for this drama has done a brilliant adaptation, not only using Korean history but layering it with Korean myth and symbolism too, while still, from what I understand from people who saw the original, keeping mofe or lezs to the spirit and progression of the original. Quite a feat to intertwine it all and keep it so fresh and interesting. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, bluemoony said:

Since we know Mu and then Yo are supposed to be kings before Wang So, I wonder if it's significant that she poured water on the crown prince and spilled tea on Yo, in addition to "watering" So in the garden.  I can't remember her spilling water on anyone else,. The deluge of rain on So in the last scene is a direct outcome of the makeup job, so he seems to be getting blessed more than anyone else by this river-daughter's incarnation.  I'm keeping my eye on water symbolism from now on.

Oh brilliant!  I think you're right - good addition to the water symbols. Thanks!

• Like 10

Why are people so worried about the premonition..

It has happened a dozen of times to me.. sthg i have read, i can't recall and then randomly it will just occur..

Maybe the same for HS.. she has been trying too hard to jog her memory and remember who became the king.. and then her mind gave her the answer .. how brain and signals work..sthg abt him standing like that probably reminded her of a picture of the king/ portrait of the king..anything..

Net net.. not a big deal.. that she realized its him

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, thenagain said:

I love it too!! Personally I prefer a male lead that knows what he wants and doesn't let anything get in the way. Some people might think it's possessive but it's almost like a wounded stray dog and food. They will stop at nothing to protect what they consider theirs - even when rescued because they've had to fight and claw for everything they have. They've never lived any other life. And that's the main issue that the audience has to take into consideration. Wang So is never going to be tame like Wang Wook. He's not going to be sweet, or patient, or overly considerate because Wang So doesn't know how to love. He's been taught only how to kill or be killed. It's going to take time and understanding for him to learn how to love in conventional way and Hae soo is the only person that can do that because she is the only one he trusts. I know people are worried about his affection being forced upon her in the next episode but I think if Hae Soo and Wang So are the end game something drastic has to happen in order separate Wook and Soo. So personally the idea of a forced wedding or her being his maid doesn't bother me as much because I'm just thinking of it as a plot device. And like you said - Hae Soo can stand up for herself.

ps. In some ways Wang Wook reminds me of Junghwan from Reply 1988, he's so slow in his approach and because of that I feel like he's going to lose Hae Soo to another.

Hi - Five chingu hi5-smiley.gif 

You've put into words exactly how I feel. Wang So is wild and untamed, I wouldn't go so far as to call him an animal but he's certainly in touch with his baser instincts. Which I personally find so smexy.  He's see's what he wants and goes for it. I don't mind in the least his staking a claim on Hae Soo... although I'm sure she'll have a few words for him. :D Yeon Hwa stated she would love to tame him but I'm afraid the only one who'll be doing the taming is Hae Soo. He's all intensity and passion. Whereas I feel Wang Wook treads on egg shells around her to his detriment. It'll be too little too late for our dear Wookie. We can clearly see who piped him to the post there especially if the preview is correct and Wang So asks the King to make Hae Soo his person. It's a subtle public declaration of his feelings and intentions and woe be tide any who get in his way. 

I haven't seen Reply 1988 so I can't comment on that but I'm sure your parallel is spot on. Wang Wook just never really had a chance the moment Wang So declared her 'his'. :D 

• Like 22