[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, fidda868 said:

My blood is still boiling since last nite..the different version of ep.8 really making me pissed off with SBS...

I guess SBS has decided to edit all episodes last minute...either they didnt give the edited version to One channel or One channel has no time to edit the subtitles as they had already subbed the old version with a few languages for the drama and One decided to air the old version as they assumed no much changes were made in those episodes..damnn you SBS! :angry:

SBS completely planned to air one version of the show, the international one which is sold to places like Dramafever, etc. In fact they did air that version and the first 2 episodes fell completely flat everywhere due to poor editing throughout the episode and terrible music choices. The complaints domestically were strong enough to force SBS to do an alternate cut, but the problem is they had already sold a pre-produced version to everywhere else to be subbed early for broadcast.

I'm not sure if SBS could give their new version to the international markets but even if they could, it would miss chunks of subbed scenes because, as we've seen, there are new scenes in the SBS version. Scenes that were left on the cutting room floor for some jacked-up and stupid reason rather than placed in the international cut. I'm not sure how much SBS is to blame for this fiasco because I don't know how involved a broadcast station gets in certain elements of the post-production process - like how a show's film is literally edited together or where precisely the music is placed in any given scene. I would imagine unless they micromanage down to how everyone ties their shoes that the PD and editor have independent control in those specific spheres because that's what broadcast stations pay them for, right?

Whatever the case may be, I believe SBS definitely failed to check their final product before giving it out since the issues were pretty glaring. Whoever the editor is at SBS who is creating the domestic version is the one I give the least blame to because technically he's working under the gun, trying to re-piece together something that's already been cut up while maintaining the established narrative flow from episode to episode. 

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Gwang Jong is Wang So. He wouls be a great emperor followed by the Crown Prince and other princes 

so many things that hasn't been said in episode 8 but i hope the preview would be misleading because i am afraid it's gonna be a long way for our otp

thanks for explanations sis'

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, merrylass said:

Questions:

1. If Hae Soo's clan is powerful enough for her to marry King Taejo, why the comments about Hae Soo not having enough rank to marry one of the princes?  Wouldn't an alliance with her powerful clan be enough for a Prince if it was good enough for a King?  Just because Hae Soo is in the palace, that doesn't mean she is no longer a member of the Hae clan.  Or was her clan destroyed and I somehow missed that part?
  2. The Crown Prince says that he left her a necklace as thanks for her help (scene with Jimong before CP goes off to deal with bandits) -- I wonder if the necklace will be significant and used against Hae Soo later?

What if after becoming a king, Crown Prince adopts Haesoo as his daughter and betrothed her to So :D then Soo will become Princess Gyeonghwagung - a real historical character :lol:

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, alna0507 said:

Hi all, Just want to ask what sites do you usually watch k-drama with eng sub..?

i usually watch from dramafire and myasiantv, but I don't know why myasiantv always says that I have virus and stuff like that.

with dramafire the loading took to long and lag to much.

I watch K-Dramas at these sites:

Dramafever

Viki

Edited by LyraYoo
please no unlicensed streaming links/references . thank you
  • Like 4

okay about WS will be a king?? for me WS always have the impression of a wise ruler.. he just have that aura that he will be a leader no matter what.. i said this before WS have a skill to think and fight for equal part.. remember when HS force to married the king he can find a way to control HS clan without even married or fighting.. WS will be a great king but when you a king you have to anything to protect your country.. maybe we never understand how or why a king will do that but its an act to protect a country and its people..

this is what i think and its slightly off topic regarding why 4th prince in BBJX and WS will be a similar..

Spoiler

when 4th prince became a king he punish everyone who against him and also people that try to do a treason.. because Ruoxi is close with most of people that he punish she became more depress cause in a way she understand why he did it but she can't accept that.. she want to hate 4th so bad i mean she try to hate him but can't up until she have a miscarriage she have enough of palace life and ask for 14th help to get her away.. 

Ruoxi and HS mind is different from people in that era.. they would never accept the way that a king used to control their people.. this is going to contribute to their break up... also because both of them love and care too much that eaten their feeling alive.. because of this also they hurt each other in so many way.. but WS will never let HS go no matter how much she suffer or him at that point.. yeah the more i write the more i hate this part of the story...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

CHingu's i did enjoy watching him get slap by his mom. I thought it was hilarious and just what he deserved. He smacked SO and Karma said it is time you get smacked too. 

me tooooo... it's like another side too please my queen and you may double it if you can. I really happy to see that scene..

• Like 11

Question....

Is there a real Wang Yo in Goryeo history?   
Then why couldn't it be him...the one who turned into that Gwangjong-Tyrant-Terror ?
He fits the Monster role to a T.
It comes naturally to him, effortlessly. ...duh 
:huh:

• Like 6

Somebody on DC (can't access it from the US though. T_T can't get my Korean SHR gif and meme fix!!!) suggested a theory that Hae Soo might be stuck in an infinite loop with her time leaps. That's why she remembers seeing the death of the three kings and sees Gwangjong (but then she dies before he does). While I don't think it's likely, I thought it would be interesting to share.

I really hope I get to access DC before Wednesday... that's when the SHR DC fans are going to discuss about organizing the fan effort to get a director's cut released with everything ever filmed included in it... 

• Like 13

I read somewhere that said HS and WW relationship will change due to something happening throughout 8&9. While watching ep.8, HS helped WS a lot due to her amazing skills in makeup. At the ritual WS stood proud, and HS and WS had eyes only for each other. WW noticed this. I guess that adds something to their relationship. But will something happen during ep.9 that CHANGES their relationship? I saw the preview when WS told the king he wanted HS and everything, but is there more that changes a lot for HS and WW?? 

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, berny said:

Question....

Is there a real Wang Yo in Goryeo history?   
Then why couldn't it be him...the one who turned into that Gwangjong-Tyrant-Terror ?
He fits the Monster role to a T.
It comes naturally to him, effortlessly. ...duh 
:huh:

Yes, he is a very hated king for the short time he rules. People were rejoiced to hear when he died.

Gwangjong wasn't really a tyrant. He only did what was necessary to secure the throne, cleaning up the mess his dad had left and paving the road for a greater Goryeo for his successors. Officially, he only killed one (half-) brother and two of his nephews. 

• Like 21

Just now, moonlover399993 said:

I read somewhere that said HS and WW relationship will change due to something happening throughout 8&9. While watching ep.8, HS helped WS a lot due to her amazing skills in makeup. At the ritual WS stood proud, and HS and WS had eyes only for each other. WW noticed this. I guess that adds something to their relationship. But will something happen during ep.9 that CHANGES their relationship? I saw the preview when WS told the king he wanted HS and everything, but is there more that changes a lot for HS and WW?? 

Remember when YH whipped HS and WW intervened too late? According to the early synopsis, something similar but on a bigger scale is going to happen again, although there is no guarantee that that plot was kept in the actual drama, and if so, whether it will happen in ep 9. From what I've seen so far, it seems that they completely changed or left out the masked kiss scene from the OST cover, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did get changed.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, ruizaio said:

Remember when YH whipped HS and WW intervened too late? According to the early synopsis, something similar but on a bigger scale is going to happen again, although there is no guarantee that that plot was kept in the actual drama, and if so, whether it will happen in ep 9. From what I've seen so far, it seems that they completely changed or left out the masked kiss scene from the OST cover, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did get changed.

Wait WHAT MASKED KISS SCENE??!! I have seen that OST cover, but didn't think they would show that early on...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

Wait WHAT MASKED KISS SCENE??!! I have seen that OST cover, but didn't think they would show that early on...

I never liked the premise of that scene from the leaked version, so I do hope that they changed the circumstances around it and show it later instead. 

• Like 7

There are two moments for me that are crucial in this episode, the first when Wang So stares at Hae Soo, and says: "do you remember? I told you that you were mine. Wheter it's then or now, or the moment you touched my face I've made up my mind. I will make you mine, so prepare yourself from now on I will never let you go"  and then approaches as if about to kiss her but stops and leaves. The camera focuses on how Hae Soo grabs her wrist, just where is the bracelet Wang Wook gave to her as if was trying to hold on to this. In the final scene of episode 7, it was Wang So who was afraid of her but now the roles were reversed and she seems confused.

The second is after Hae Soo had the vision of Wang So as Gwangjong, we have a brief glimpse of the same malicious smiled from episode 4 when he approached his mother. This is a reminder that we cannot forget who is him really and what is his purpose even when he seems not interested at the beginning. It was his own mother who is paving the road of his ambition and there's also Hae Soo. He wants this girl for him not matter what. He learned to be possesive due to the lack of love his entirely life so he wants that he believes he deserves. 

I have to say that Lee Joon Gi is a magnificent actor, his way of manage the outer and inner feelings of Wang So are amazing.; even he could change from a soft smile to a cold stare in a blink of an eye, and be credible. I was speechless when I saw him as Gwangjong, even I feel the fear of what it implies to know what he will do, that speaks of his good work as an actor to give us that feeling without even uttering a word, only with his gaze.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, valentvcd said:

I think the recorded drama being sold and the buyer can edit as they liked... SBS want to follow but the viewer don't like it so they re-edit.

I always think the director is really good because this drama is really good. the best episode so far.... I am sure the next episodes and rest will be best... 

No, that's not true.

The sold version is pre-edit and sub in different languages so they can't meddle with it becos there is not enough time to redo them and redistribute. There is a cost to subbing, someone has to pay.

Korean version is editing based on weekly viewer feedback.

However, China, for one, requires by LAW for their media authority to vet thru the whole series before broadcast, they will not accept ad-hoc re-edit. 

Hence only pre-produced shows like SH, dots, Uncontrollably fond can simulcast.

• Like 14