[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Questions:

1. If Hae Soo's clan is powerful enough for her to marry King Taejo, why the comments about Hae Soo not having enough rank to marry one of the princes?  Wouldn't an alliance with her powerful clan be enough for a Prince if it was good enough for a King?  Just because Hae Soo is in the palace, that doesn't mean she is no longer a member of the Hae clan.  Or was her clan destroyed and I somehow missed that part?
  2. The Crown Prince says that he left her a necklace as thanks for her help (scene with Jimong before CP goes off to deal with bandits) -- I wonder if the necklace will be significant and used against Hae Soo later?
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Immortal_Angel said:

I agree that maybe when Hae Soo pushed Wang So away cause she figured who he will be in the future, his evil queen mother would have some input in his mind and saying something like "I did that out of love to make sure you become who you are. I want to make sure you become the man you need to be" She's gonna either:

a) figure a way to get rid of Wang So cause she feels he's now a huge threat toward her puppet Wang Yo who will lose his chance out to become crown prince or king. What better way to get rid of Wang So than to attack what he cares for and the other princes favorite girl --> Hae Soo

b. She can dump Wang Yo since he now isn't being favorite and go to Wang So since he is a strong candidate and is hungry for somebody to love him like what you mention chingu @UnniSarah, if his mommy is in the picture n we seen how he wants her to love him, would he turn into another puppet for her to use in her ambition or will he pretend to listen to her and play along till he gets what he wants and show his true face and say to her "it was you who created who i am today. you gave me a scar that i cannot erase forever and now you get to see what you created can do." and what's when his cruelity started.

But from the looks of it, she probably will still use Wang Yo for since she did spend too much of her precious time on him she is gonna figure a way since in history it was Crown Prince Mu then Wang Yo as king. 

As for Hae Soo getting this premonition, I feel like its a side effect from the time travel like they are giving it to her cause she's destined to be back in the time period to make sure history take place. Hae Soo knows that she cannot change history so she probably will try to change something like what RuoXi did and it caused history to actually fall into its place as it is. Probably without her some aspect wouldn't happen if it wasn't pushed in the right direction. I believe the astronomer had a hand in her time travel and he knows she is fated to help 4th become who he is in his future. 

As for his later future why he became who he is, I feel like the struggle to the throne wasn't easy and that it was bloody as it shown in Hae Soo premonition but also probably Hae Soo left him in which turned him cold again like what happen to Ruo Xi 

Hide contents

In the cversion, 4th pushed Ruoxi away cause she told him she was the cause of 13th imprisonment and 8th setting things against 4th. and 8th went to sort of help Ruoxi leave the palace by telling 4th about their love story and promises, etc and when Ruoxi died it changed 4th. 

Both are good kings in their future but to get where they are at, they had to do what is needed to be done, cruel against those against them in order to keep the balance. I feel like when 4th change, Hae Soo will still love him no matter what cause he is still 4th in her heart and that won't change. 

Well said chingu @Immortal_Angel Exactly they were good kings and just because he ruled iwth an Iron Fist doesn't mean he was a bad king. I believe everything he did was for the good of the people. I too think JM had a hand in bringing Hae Soo from the future. What annoys me is that Hae Soo doesn't know what her hearts want . When she smiles at him is not the same as she looks at Wang WOok. No matter what he does she will still love him because she will fall real hard for him. I think their love is one in a lifetime, soulmates bound to meet over and over. The amount of times Hae Soo and Wang So have bumped into each other feels like FATE is trying real hard to bring them together. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, merrylass said:

Questions:

1. If Hae Soo's clan is powerful enough for her to marry King Taejo, why the comments about Hae Soo not having enough rank to marry one of the princes?  Wouldn't an alliance with her powerful clan be enough for a Prince if it was good enough for a King?  Just because Hae Soo is in the palace, that doesn't mean she is no longer a member of the Hae clan.  Or was her clan destroyed and I somehow missed that part?
  2. The Crown Prince says that he left her a necklace as thanks for her help (scene with Jimong before CP goes off to deal with bandits) -- I wonder if the necklace will be significant and used against Hae Soo later?

Hae Soo's clan is no longer powerful. King Taejo only tried to marry her because Hae clan defends the part of the land that is threatened, so he wants to make sure to make Hae clan happy by marrying one of Hae clan. Hae Soo herself is no longer good for prince because she's now just a palace lady which is low rank. remember that, Hae Soo, a lady, was PUNISHED to become a palace lady. 

i guess crown prince's necklace can either help or make trouble for Hae Soo. or it could play no part. but most likely it plays something important since crown prince specifically mentioned it. 

• Like 11

I think the recorded drama being sold and the buyer can edit as they liked... SBS want to follow but the viewer don't like it so they re-edit.

I always think the director is really good because this drama is really good. the best episode so far.... I am sure the next episodes and rest will be best... 

• Like 9

Wang So and Hae Soo
I have really loved their dynamics.  I hope nothing much would change.

WS courageous front hiding his hurt and vulnerability.  He is amazed with this  slip of a girl, who has spunk and answers back at him.  :lol:
Who has such wisdom for a young girl and she does speak her mind quite freely.  
He never met someone like her in all of Goryeo    (how could he, she's from the future).

I like HS like that, unafraid, outspoken. Not the frightened HS upon realizing who WS will become. 
She is so determined, she can try to encourage him to be the best, wise, kind-hearted ruler that he can be.

Because a bad wicked tyrant does not ever deserve the love, and loyalty of HS.

Creative License to History

This is a disclaimer that appears on the start of each episode, right?
So okey they can make WS that King...but hopefully they would not depict that part of his life where he would kill his brothers? For real... I can see him fight it out with WY or to WW even for obvious reasons,....but to the adorable Eun, Baek -ah, and Jung...  
HOW COULD HE ?????  :angry:

Girl from the Future

It was posted before.....would WS know the truth about HS ? Cause eventually she had to go back. ( I bet Ha-Jin is lying in a coma after drowning in that lake)
He might ...if she tells him... But the question is, living in that century ...would he be able to comprehend it?  
:blink: it could be mind-boggling for him.
Unless the astronomer (whom is highly suspcious in having Ha-Jin transported to Goryeo) make him understand something like that.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

What I loved about the make up scene, was that when Wang So opened his eyes after Hae Soo was done, he barely even looked in the mirror. His eyes just lifted up to gaze upon her face. AAAAHHHH

I noticed that too... Precious detail. 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, sarasona said:

Hmmm that enlightening. But  what I meant was not every female can become what they want... ony those women in the higher class can enjoy but whne you comaore it to the men, its nothing.

Actually commoners had a lot more freedom in Goryeo -- women in the noble or royal families had a lot of "social" rules they were required to follow.  Strict rules of behaviour and clear delineations between classes and genders as well as rules against marriage BETWEEN classes did NOT occur until Joseon dynasty and the adoption of Confucianism.

5 minutes ago, surinyusof said:

hai....

i'm get confused who is King  Gwangjong ?????

plz someone explain to me....

4th Prince Wang So becomes King Gwangjong, the 4th King of Goryeo

• Like 9

When WW and HS were talking in the cave near the bathhouse, the scene where HS said " The 4th prince told me...there is no place in Goryeo where the King's power cannot reach ..etc"., sounded like a foreboding. It's like WW got this idea that being the king is really all-powerful, and at the same time, for WS, it was like a premonition that he could keep HS in the palm of his hands always if he were king.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, surinyusof said:

hai....

i'm get confused who is King  Gwangjong ?????

plz someone explain to me....

Gwang Jong is Wang So. He wouls be a great emperor followed by the Crown Prince and other princes 

so many things that hasn't been said in episode 8 but i hope the preview would be misleading because i am afraid it's gonna be a long way for our otp

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, tessieroo said:

It's become like a treasure hunt every Mon/Tues to find the correct subs for the SBS version. :lol: Thanks to everyone here for providing subs, information, videos, photos, etc. 

YES! that's one of the reasons i joined soompi was because it's the only place I seem to find answers and insights. I really appreciate what everyone posts. You guys are seriously amazing fans! I'm so inspired by the dedication and analysis here. Speaking of subs, I noticed a scene missing from the subbed version of the international edition that I was really interested in. It was right after Lady Oh saves Hae Soo from the queen like 22 minutes in. Wang So goes to talk to his mother about what he saw and they seem to argue? I know it's not as important as the almost kiss scene but has anybody seen a translation or a video of it floating on the internet? If so can you post it or PM me? I'm really dying to know more. Was their conversation about Hae Soo, Lady Oh or something else?

• Like 15

When did the Hae clan become powerless?  Hae Soo may have been punished by being made a court lady but did not lose her clan affiliations -- even Jimong noted that as a court lady, Hae Soo would still retain her higher rank due to her (clan's) status.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, uuugogirl said:

I know i sound like a selfish fan girl but i hope they will let Haesoo completely out of the picture before YH gives birth to So's eldest son. I always have a bias towards these cases in drama, if they determine to go to the tragic trajectory, please just let the hero suffers all by himself and leave my poor heroine alone :sweatingbullets:
I even have a wild idea that after Haesoo takes So's virginity, she gets pregnant, but unlike Ruoxi who had a miscariage, this time Soo can make it and gives birth to So's first son, but unfortunately she dies in child birth due to pregnancy stress (and to fullfil the tragic ending from the novel if the production team want), then So forces YH to adopt the baby as her first born child and take care of Soo-So's son (okay lol now i sound like an evil writer :joy: but the relationship between YH and So isn't a big deal, in the drama Shine or Go Crazy they even made YH and Wang So's relationship worse than this, there weren't love or respect between those two in the first place). And back in the SK 2016, Haesoo wakes up from her coma and meets So's reincarnate or even So's time travel soul :rolleyes:

At least in the early version of the synopsis,

Spoiler

the drama was planned to show until Gwangjong is 30. His first son is born when he's 31, so it will probably be left out.

• Like 19

Gwangjong was a great king though he did kill some of his family and A LOT OF other suspicious clans and opposite factions to strength throne's power.

he was known to rule in terror (rule by being scary/tyrant). that's why he was known to be cruel.

but he did free slaves that have noble bloodline. and he was first to make exams that grant ranks jobs based on skills. 

• Like 12

12 hours ago, glacial said:

The moment I realized Hae Soo truly feels for Wang So was when he revealed his scar at Euns party and she went right after him. She doesn't give that much attention to any prince. Not even Wang Wook. And in episode 8 when she was looking at his scar, those are the eyes of a girl who is in love with the person sitting in front of her. It just really has not hit home with her in her mind. When he leaned in to kiss her, she was shocked because of how much emotion it was stirring inside and not because its sudden, which is why she grabs on to her bracelet in her confused state when he leaves. She needed to remind herself that she has a something something with Wook already. Before today, I could see Hae Soo only care for the fourth prince as a human being, but after episode 8 when she went as far as to find out his favorite snacks and tea to make him happy, and when she stayed up at night thinking of a way to help him with his scar, and the way at the rain ritual she didn't even care to lock eyes with Wang Wook, she only has eyes for Wang So, its pretty clear to me she likes/loves him deep inside. Which is why I'm not so worried about the avoiding part thats going to come up where she rejects him because her eyes always show that she cares so much for him. I just hope they don't create scenes to hurt Wang So anymore, couldn't watch the throwing dirt scene, its too pitiful. I hope this love story ends well, It would be nice to see Wang So have such blissful happiness after such a horrible life of no one caring about you, not even your own mother. 

OMG! I actually wrote something like this and save it to draft, since I felt that I'm being way too absorbed almost delusionally-overthiking-her-actions.. but gee how could we have similar thoughts *chills* so let me spazz with you even just this once XD

Spoiler

(It's unorganized but these are my scratches that I saved into draft, except for the last part :lol:)

I might assume it too soon but, yes I do think Soo is starting to fall to So without knowing.. I seems delusional but I think their first encounter.. she got already attracted with So, I mean that left an impression but was set aside because he threw her off lmao. then followed by several encounters, they're starting to build a firm connection subconsciously.. they fight, but end up worrying each other, sharing mutual understandings.. and learning from one another too.. furthermore they put no facade concerning their true nature as an individual. 

Ep 8, she's pleasing our sulky So XD. I get it she should please coz she do him wrong it's not intentional but she's still a fault, but her way of pleasing him is not something you do with just someone you had a good feeling of. I know she tried to please Wook when she felt that Wook was mad (14th prince commotion) but she's attracted to Wook and with So, she haven't even label their relation as friends. It may sounds I'm over thinking her actions but if I had to put myself as an example.. I won't go to that extent, I mean I'll apologize if I happen to bump into him but I won't seek him (actively) just to make up. It just means that she thinks of him dearly..  

With that attempt of kissing her.. I think now she's fully aware of So's feeling but she still isn't aware of her's..and it's not to the extent that she's abandoning Wook's ship.. ofc her affection towards Wook is still intact.. thus the reason why she clasp the bracelet after what happened, but with So's forthright claim she staggers greatly that she needs to clasp it hard(bracelet) to calm herself down(But I do think she never intended to touch the bracelet it just happen that it brushes on her hands). But what happens after that? She looks only at So.. yes it's not the look of a lover yet but it surely is not a platonic look and smile either.. she didn't even glance at Wook (not to mention how important the ritual meant to them), which is out of ordinary between two people in a relationship. 

My take as why I said she's falling to him is that back at the attempt kiss, So is initiating the kiss with much vigilance.. there's plenty of time to push him away or reject him completely but no, she stood there frozen not backing out. I get it she must be so shocked that she froze at that time but come on a kiss is a romantic approach if you're uneasy in some sort there's no way you'll accept it, it's not like So forcefully kiss him for her not to have a chance to turn him down. But again because of that vision this sudden unveiled-surge of emotion will once be dragged.. since she'll be too busy worrying the future.

• Like 14

If he will keep up into being a terror, a tyrant, a cruel ruler.

Hah !  I am taking all my BB cream, scar-healing cream back !!!!!!!!  I will even take all of HS (and all of Goryeo's) supplies !!!!!  No more concealer for you.
And I will be shouting at him.....  Scar-face ! scar-face ! scar-face ! 

lol2-onion-head-emoticon.gif
wahHAHHA sorry Gwangjong i a more a bad-richard simmons than you.

• Like 13

morning....... 

haigoooo... Mon-Tur drama and YouTube really spoil my ears, go to work with K.will and Epik-Hi song in my ear over and over again... what a morning:wub:

the vocal part really suit with the atmosphere last night, never think Epik also in there...thanks god they didn't show the rap part in the drama, even though it's kinda waste for the High skool like me.

for me that new song can be Epik High comeback song... :wub:

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

LOL I think Yo kinda has it wrong...Taejo hasn't shown that much favouritism for a King. Sure he favours and protects the Crown Prince, but I think that is also because he knows the Crown Prince is a good person. Ergo likely to make a good King as a good man. Of course as the ruler of his people, he has to think about which Prince would be the most suitable ruler not just in terms of having political power but personality as well. He doesn't take his favouritism too far unlike other kings depicted in other dramas. He does kinda disapprove of Yo's presence in general because he knows Queen Yoo is behind him and he knows that his ambition goes to extreme levels and is willing to kill. As a king, he has to be a ruler before being a father. No matter what that psycho wife of his say. Country first no matter what. 

I agree @Dominique Lola  WY does have it all wrong. TaeJo was protective of CP MU because he was the weakest of all his other sons. MU is really a nice guy and has no ambitions. Tae Jo needs to find the perfect heir, someone who won't mess up his legacy. He needs a leader, a warrior and good person. None of his children except for Wang So has the trait he is looking for. WOOK and WON are to cautious and haven't shown what they are capable . EUN, Jung and Baek have no ambitions. Yo is a puppet and he is soooo afraid of his mother. I think Tae Jo has been grooming So for a long time but because So still doesn't have the confidence to show his scar. Now that So has finally taken that step he will be watching him more closely. 

CHingu's i did enjoy watching him get slap by his mom. I thought it was hilarious and just what he deserved. He smacked SO and Karma said it is time you get smacked too. 

• Like 13