[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 minute ago, Lady_Lara said:

I hope that they are not completely crazy to cancel it because it would be behavior like fools! If the rating is 1% they mustn't to cancel it!

exactly my sentiments... only a crzy and completely insane person can think of doing so..

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Hide contents

Off topic, but have you read any of Tong Hua's other novels? I read Koala's translation of Yun Zhong Ge..... nothing, not even Bu Bu Jing Xin, can prepare you for how gut wrenching that novel actually is. I've never been so affected by another novel before. Tong Hua is in a masterclass of her own. I really wish her novels were translated into English. 

Spoiler

Yes, I have. Song in the Clouds & Ballad of the Desert. Tong Hua brings the beauty of Chinese language to its finest glory. I love the beautiful sentences she writes :wub: Unfortunately, I have to split my time between real life, Kdrama-land and reading, plus my eyesight is getting worse OR I would dig up her older work to read.

I wish I can understand spoken Korean language as the connection with the drama is one step behind with translated English. 

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

found this article on net where its mentioned that

"Meanwhile, several speculations are doing the rounds that the network might cancel the historical drama in near future because of its declining viewership. "

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/sbs-responds-criticisms-against-iu-network-air-scarlet-heart-goryeo-directors-cut-692073

Speculations..Speculations..Speculations..and Speculations.... gosh cant people have life of their own than just speculating things which they cant control..... I am sure (and i hope) SBS wont be doing it even with low rating just at start. they will wait patiently and with maturity till its half way through to decide anything.

Seriously people and their stupid speculations. People need to move on if they don't like the series and stop causing so much negativity around this drama cause it is purely unnecessary.

I seriously hope that the whole series gets broadcasted cause I didnt wait 6+ months for nothing.

But then again LBR this drama won't get cancelled it's just too good :blush:

Edited by skxz
  • Like 15

6 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I am referring to the writer of that article , unless you were the one who wrote it? :mellow:

ahh then its ok... i am relieved. 

hehehe..why would I dare to dream SHR going off air let alone writing an article abt it...lol.

thank you...:)

• Like 9

SBS would not be that silly to cancel a drama that only started .... there has been dramas with much much low rating and were not canceled.  Also because dramas are almost live shooted, the next scheduled drama can't possibly air earlier than scheduled.  Even if there's another drama but will it get good rating? SBS would not risk that.  

• Like 14

Don't worry for a second. The show is already sold to like a gazillion countries. They wont cancel it EVER. Bec if you cancel it in one country it has a negative buzz in other countries. So chill and don't pay attention to such rumours at all.

Also 7% may be bad in context of the budget. but 7% is decent ratings still so networks wont cancel it. especially since the next show is not ready.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

Now I get it why the prince was sitting there when HS walked past, I thought it was a random thing.... the significance of that new added scene has so much impact on the next scene, the massacre of the monks. Without this scene, I wouldn't have known about the conflict 4th is facing inside...it makes him so much more human and vulnerable. 

I have a fear this drama is going to be so sadd later on, watched the mvs on youtube and there are scenes of an older, sadder Hae Su, and I think it's going to make me very very sad, but I love a show that makes me feel all these emotions. The scenes between HS and 8th Prince are lovely, and I think KHN is perfect for the role...those beautiful, heavy-lidded eyes, that slow intimate way he speaks to her, those pauses as he gazes at her, that smile, those sensual lips, that low, caressing voice...I'm as shaken as HS, and to think I didn't even bother about KHN coming into this show, it was all LJK for me, so I guess I'm feeling much like HS is feeling, the quiet charm of this man that just tugs at you and pulls you in, slowly,subtelly...what a great actor KHN is...

Thank you. You literally spoke how I feel inside everytime Wook and Soo scenes appeared on my tv. I know it's doomed to fail and he's not what he appear to be but I can't help it. That man is awesome! Beside his love for Soo is genuine. She is one of many things that trigger him to race for the throne. If I may say, in this vers, Soo is the major factor of his rebellion.

• Like 11

Can someone PM me the torrent link for the director's cut ep1-3? Thanks..

I had a very bad mood for the past 3 days due to the low ratings for this drama..still can't accept the fact that korean viewers are not supportive like the international fans..uhuuukkk :(

• Like 9

@chewyChocolate i was different from you, I am in because of the ensemble cast +IU, not feeling anything about LJG, but after the first two eps I found myself searching for his pix n everything.lol 

@skxz according to some interviews, nope wook dont have a kiss scene. Koreans are supwr touchy about this. Only the otp can kiss *roll eyes*    

__

Whats this nonsense about cancelling show.wat hogwash. 7% is a respectable percentage, for other made on the run shows, the most they will shorten it, but Scarlet heart is already presold, they cant be showing a shortened version at home vs the other countries. Yep, and the airtime needed to be filled as well, nobody in their right mind will cancel a ready made product and scramble for replacement. Whoever spread those rumours must be ostriches or frogs living in a well!

• Like 17

2 hours ago, skxz said:

Just re-watched the ending of the 3rd episode and the extended preview and realised why Wang So killed all the monks. Hahahahaha I'm so slow. I'm not sure if my presumption is correct but he did it to "protect" is mother in hopes that she will accept him as her son again BUT his mother being the b**** that she is will deny him of what he is seeking i.e. her love and acceptance. That's when he goes to the prayer stones where Hae Soo finds him and they'll interact (I'm so excited for that part). 

Another thing that I'm really really curious about is the relationship between Beak Ah and Lady Hae. Initially when they were talking I thought they had a loving brother sister relationship but when he said "you know exactly how i feel" i was like :flushed::open_mouth:

And also Yeonhwa is/will become Wang So's wife if this follows the Chinese version and idk how I feel about that. What's worse is idk if i ship Hae Soo/Wang So or Haesoo/Wang Wook. But I feel like Hae Soo and Wang Wook will have a kiss scene in the next ep I mean look how close he gets... I'm so excited but so confused. Never been more confused in my life.

Let me know what you guys think :blush:

I'm not sure they will kiss eventhough I hope they will. It's a bold move specially coming from 8th who is always careful but love can make a man do strange things.. I think Hae Soo will decline and run for it. She likes Wook very much but she too care about her cousin. That's why Wook beating his chest under the tree. 

I think their love line will begin once Madam Heo dies. 

I think Baek Ah had romantic feelings toward Madam Heo. They are childhood friends.

I give up on the extended version. Internet connection is not very good and lagging heavily beside my Korean language is limited. That's why I'm hanging out here to see and read from others who posts. 

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I'm not sure they will kiss eventhough I hope they will. It's a bold move specially coming from 8th who is always careful but love can make a man do strange things.. I think Hae Soo will decline and run for it. She likes Wook very much but she too care about her cousin. That's why Wook beating his chest under the tree. 

I think their love line will begin once Madam Heo dies. 

I think Baek Ah had romantic feelings toward Madam Heo. They are childhood friends.

I give up on the extended version. Internet connection is not very good and lagging heavily beside my Korean language is limited. That's why I'm hanging out here to see and read from others who posts. 

OMG that's so trueeee! Wanted them to kiss so badly I didnt even think of that but youre probably right!! So sad seeing Wook in pain cause he seems to be able to control his emotions for the most part.

That's true and I feel like Madam Hae will die in maybe end of Ep 5 which will be so sad and I want to know what Wook, Hae Soo and Baek Ah will be like when it happens cause they are the closest to her. When it happens I will most likely cry :'(

Idk if this will work but ill leave a link for you even tho it's not subbed the visuals will give you a fairly good idea i think :)

Thanks for your response :D 

P.S I can try loosely translate it if you like but all the korean I've learnt is through k-drama so it might not be accurate  

• Like 16

@solelylurking same here for me..I give up on the extended version bcoz of the same exact reason...but I still wish to see it..Well,I think I'm going to stick with this thread..hehe

Anyway,I'm so glad to know all the answers about the show wont cancelled..I'm going to rooting it till the end :)

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, skxz said:

OMG that's so trueeee! Wanted them to kiss so badly I didnt even think of that but youre probably right!! So sad seeing Wook in pain cause he seems to be able to control his emotions for the most part.

That's true and I feel like Madam Hae will die in maybe end of Ep 5 which will be so sad and I want to know what Wook, Hae Soo and Baek Ah will be like when it happens cause they are the closest to her. When it happens I will most likely cry :'(

Idk if this will work but ill leave a link for you even tho it's not subbed the visuals will give you a fairly good idea i think 

Oh I've seen that when One Tv Asia aired the eps 3. The preview there is the longer version. That's why I'm a little confuse when I searched YT there's no scene Wook kicking those bad guys richard simmons. Look at his face. He is madly angry because he thinks Soo is in mortal danger hahaha. 

I think Wook slowly realize his feeling for Soo is deeper than he thought because of So's claiming. He even took a stand and reminded So that NOTHING in his household belong to So. It's just as good as claiming that Soo belongs to him not So. And the feeling got deeper when Soo get in trouble again helping 14th because those guys are armed and can seriously wounded or kill Soo. I think that feeling come to him hard and it must have been like got hit by a truck. 

Wook always the one who do the right thing because he had reasons and goals he wants to achieve. I don't think getting involve romantically with the cousin of your sick wife is a good move however loose the society about marriage in that era. But Wook can't help himself. He's too deep in love before he realize and I'm not sure he even want to get out. 

This is what attract me to his character eventhough he's can't get the girl. Those complexities and different portrayals is so much fun to dig and theories about hahaha. He is a wolf in sheep's clothes. He may not seem dangerous but he is actually. Wolf is a wolf no matter how you dress them. Wook has brain and bronze and not afraid to used it when it comes about Soo. He even stop caring what everybody thinks later on, I think. He don't stop persuing Soo when she was a royal maid. That's a careless political move. And sooooo not Wook. Hahaha

But that just what I think and I'm just his fan girl. Haha. Wook for life for me. Sorry for blabbering out, I tend to write long. 

Of course they were sad. There's a scene that showed Wook cries in the arm of Soo. He was tugging her robe in a room. And there were a scene where Baek Ah and Soo sitting together and crying. I think both are in the long preview. 

Nice to know you. I hope we can be friends. :)

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Oh I've seen that when One Tv Asia aired the eps 3. The preview there is the longer version. That's why I'm a little confuse when I searched YT there's no scene Wook kicking those bad guys richard simmons. Look at his face. He is madly angry because he thinks Soo is in mortal danger hahaha. 

I think Wook slowly realize his feeling for Soo is deeper than he thought because of So's claiming. He even took a stand and reminded So that NOTHING in his household belong to So. It's just as good as claiming that Soo belongs to him not So. And the feeling got deeper when Soo get in trouble again helping 14th because those guys are armed and can seriously wounded or kill Soo. I think that feeling come to him hard and it must have been like got hit by a truck. 

Wook always the one who do the right thing because he had reasons and goals he wants to achieve. I don't think getting involve romantically with the cousin of your sick wife is a good move however loose the society about marriage in that era. But Wook can't help himself. He's too deep in love before he realize and I'm not sure he even want to get out. 

This is what attract me to his character eventhough he's can't get the girl. Those complexities and different portrayals is so much fun to dig and theories about hahaha. He is a wolf in sheep's clothes. He may not seem dangerous but he is actually. Wolf is a wolf no matter how you dress them. Wook has brain and bronze and not afraid to used it when it comes about Soo. He even stop caring what everybody thinks later on, I think. He don't stop persuing Soo when she was a royal maid. That's a careless political move. And sooooo not Wook. Hahaha

But that just what I think and I'm just his fan girl. Haha. Wook for life for me. Sorry for blabbering out, I tend to write long. 

Of course they were sad. There's a scene that showed Wook cries in the arm of Soo. He was tugging her robe in a room. And there were a scene where Baek Ah and Soo sitting together and crying. I think both are in the long preview. 

Nice to know you. I hope we can be friends. :)

Ohhhh im sorry you were talking about the 7 minute preview. That preview took me on a rollercoaster of emotions it was just crazy. But I understand what you're saying and your analysis of his character is very good and accurate! I really love Wook but there's just something about So and right now I am so stuck on who I like more. I feel like as of what we've seen we havent seen enough character development of either lead males yet so I really can't decide. 

I can't wait to see the shift that occurs with Wook when he goes through all the turmoil with his wife passing and his feelings for Soo growing deeper and his battle with So for the throne I swear the tension between them two will be on another level of intense. I mean we saw how intense it was when they were in the forest and that was only the beginning.

I'm excited to see Baek Ah and Soo's close relationship as I've read somewhere they become drinking buddies and I think that's adorable. Their chemistry looks really fresh :)

Don't be sorry I love reading what other people think of the show it's so interesting to see different viewpoints and I'm just so happy someone responded to me :D

It is nice to meet you too! Let these discussions continue friend. :D:D:D 

• Like 14