[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

Now I get it why the prince was sitting there when HS walked past, I thought it was a random thing.... the significance of that new added scene has so much impact on the next scene, the massacre of the monks. Without this scene, I wouldn't have known about the conflict 4th is facing inside...it makes him so much more human and vulnerable. 

I have a fear this drama is going to be so sadd later on, watched the mvs on youtube and there are scenes of an older, sadder Hae Su, and I think it's going to make me very very sad, but I love a show that makes me feel all these emotions. The scenes between HS and 8th Prince are lovely, and I think KHN is perfect for the role...those beautiful, heavy-lidded eyes, that slow intimate way he speaks to her, those pauses as he gazes at her, that smile, those sensual lips, that low, caressing voice...I'm as shaken as HS, and to think I didn't even bother about KHN coming into this show, it was all LJK for me, so I guess I'm feeling much like HS is feeling, the quiet charm of this man that just tugs at you and pulls you in, slowly,subtelly...what a great actor KHN is...

I have the same fear too. And hoping so much that it won't be too sad that I decide to ditch this show halfway. This is one of the reasons why I haven't even started watching the C-version despite hearing all the acclaims. Knowing how heart-wrenching a show is going to be does not draw me in. As much as I used to love melo, I now have enough heaviness in real life that I want to be watching something that is not going to drown my soul/mood. But somehow I've been looking forward to SH-Ryeo since its promotion, I don't know why, so I tried watching and got hooked! Not a fan of saguek actually. I sure hope adaptation aside, the writer/production team will be really creative in how the story ends. As of now, my fear is increasing after reading more and more comparison/spoiler of the C-version here. I really, really hope the K-version will take a little different route. Since I'm not Korean, I honestly don't care too much about historical accuracy. To me, this can be a legit drama on its own.

• Like 11

14 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Love all your comment, but especially this part. That's 4th Prince down to a T.  I have to ask though, is that first sentence based on historical fact, the novel or the chinese version? I always thought that the queen was his mother (birth mother) but couldn't figure out why she was so cold to him? Did you read the novel? Has anyone on here read it? If so I'd love to know what the similarities and differences are between it and the korean or chinese adaptation? 

As far as if Wang So loves Hae Soo yet, I think I saw more interest in the princess that way. Much as it pains me to admit it, it's still early days for our OTP but from the preview things look promising... I wonder why she was getting whipped? Probably her sassy mouth, bless her little cotton socks. 

Edit: Could some kind soul point me in the general direction of the extended preview with subs? I haven't seen it and can't find it here or on the net. confused-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I read the novel. The background info from earlier poster should be from historical records  (real truth).

The C-version follows the novel more closely. 4th and 14th prince has the same birth mother 德妃. But the mother favours 14th prince over 4th prince. Nicky Wu delivers a great performance of his pain whenever the conflicts arises. Their conflict ran deep and she wasn't happy with him till death and even when he ascended the throne, you can see the pain in his eyes when he bestow title on his dead mom. 4th also has very strong bond with 13th.

In K-version, Wang So has similar pains but much worse (+father +scar +hostage).  The relationship and bond among the prince are very different too. 4th prince Wang So seem not liked but most except crown prince, 8th prince, princess showing him some care. 

I posted some info about 4th,8th,RX relationship comments earlier in this thread before broadcast of Scarlet Heart. 

IU's Haesoo is very pretty and cute. I look forward to seeing how as the story moves on she has more room to portray different emotions.
I am curious how the K-version will handle her relationship with Wang Wook. 

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, aprilslily said:

I know it is wrong but I want to call the otp the meh couple...because they are only so-soo.

thank you, thank you...I will be here all week. 

@aprilslily :lol: Hahaha!!  Okay. That was funny. :lol:  

But let's not. 

30 minutes ago, leedean said:

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for all your recaps about re-edit eps. I didn't see too much, it was very early morning for me and video was buffering so much..

But I noticed that some backround music was replaced with another and it sounds better now (the last scene  of 2nd episode, when WW said "let her go" and WS "I don't want"). In the first version is EXO's soundtrack that doesn't fit, cause it's too early for such romantic background. In the re-edit version there is the instrumental music that express in the right way the tension between WS,HS and WW. 

And please, write what did WS said to HS in deleted scene. 

@leedean Click on Tweet below;

Oooo. Pretty!!

• Like 22

Just re-watched the ending of the 3rd episode and the extended preview and realised why Wang So killed all the monks. Hahahahaha I'm so slow. I'm not sure if my presumption is correct but he did it to "protect" is mother in hopes that she will accept him as her son again BUT his mother being the b**** that she is will deny him of what he is seeking i.e. her love and acceptance. That's when he goes to the prayer stones where Hae Soo finds him and they'll interact (I'm so excited for that part). 

Another thing that I'm really really curious about is the relationship between Beak Ah and Lady Hae. Initially when they were talking I thought they had a loving brother sister relationship but when he said "you know exactly how i feel" i was like :flushed::open_mouth:

And also Yeonhwa is/will become Wang So's wife if this follows the Chinese version and idk how I feel about that. What's worse is idk if i ship Hae Soo/Wang So or Haesoo/Wang Wook. But I feel like Hae Soo and Wang Wook will have a kiss scene in the next ep I mean look how close he gets... I'm so excited but so confused. Never been more confused in my life.

Let me know what you guys think :blush:

Edited by skxz
  • Like 17

I just think that all the material is in there and which scene will come up first is really depend on script writer right?

I assume the writer-nim (before the edit version) want us (the viewer) to know about all the character in there (plus the connection and personality) so that why all seem jump. I think it's the consequences to tell story about more than 10 character in 180 minutes.

The missing scene in edit version (WS 4tH and HS near tample) MAYBE will come up in Ep 4 (but it dragged earlier so viewer know about the WS 4th reason earlier) but as the result there is other scene that need to be cut to overcome the time limit (It's the WBA 13th and WJ 14th encounter in market). With this the informatin about other princes lessen but information about main character is inceasing (both have good side and bad side).

I just hope that the edit version doesn't distract the rest of episode and the other princes still get their own story.

Keep fighting MLSCR team (Script Writer, PD, Editor etc) and of course for the actors and actresses (even if the filming is already done) 

:heart:

• Like 15

i have just finished dl the director's cut ep 3 torrent, and it seems that all the previously mentioned cut scenes are actually still inside just that SBS VOD had some connection problem, thats why we didn't see most of the parts!

(P.S please do download the torrent then you'll know what I mean!)mecutelove.gif

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, sunl0ver said:

I read the novel. The background info from earlier poster should be from historical records  (real truth).

The C-version follows the novel more closely. 4th and 14th prince has the same birth mother 德妃. But the mother favours 14th prince over 4th prince. Nicky Wu delivers a great performance of his pain whenever the conflicts arises. Their conflict ran deep and she wasn't happy with him till death and even when he ascended the throne, you can see the pain in his eyes when he bestow title on his dead mom. 4th also has very strong bond with 13th.

In K-version, Wang So has similar pains but much worse (+father +scar +hostage).  The relationship and bond among the prince are very different too. 4th prince Wang So seem not liked but most except crown prince, 8th prince, princess showing him some care. 

I posted some info about 4th,8th,RX relationship comments earlier in this thread before broadcast of Scarlet Heart. 

IU's Haesoo is very pretty and cute. I look forward to seeing how as the story moves on she has more room to portray different emotions.
I am curious how the K-version will handle her relationship with Wang Wook. 

Thanks @sunl0ver

Wow I wish I could read the novel. The only translation I found goes as far as chapter 6. :(  Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy Bu Bu Jing Xin and Scarlet Heart Ryeo more. Nicky Wu did do a stellar job expressing 4th Prince's pain, not only from his stand offish mother but also the angst between he and Ruoxi. I think the actors got married in real life. Would explain the phenomenal chemistry between them. I can't find that comment you posted yet, the activity button isn't working, but I look forward to reading it when I do. :) 

Spoiler

Off topic, but have you read any of Tong Hua's other novels? I read Koala's translation of Yun Zhong Ge..... nothing, not even Bu Bu Jing Xin, can prepare you for how gut wrenching that novel actually is. I've never been so affected by another novel before. Tong Hua is in a masterclass of her own. I really wish her novels were translated into English. 

And back to Scarlet Heart Ryeo - so I missed the three directors cut episode while I was in big-bed-smiley.gif land. Thanks to all for the recaps. I'm keeping a beady eye out on any releases (unofficial and official) but nothing so far.  I really hope they release even the raw so we can just compare the edits. That was an important scene that we missed, of Wang So and Hae Soo at the prayer stones, makes one wonder what else was overlooked. Fingers crossed we get the raw, bonus for subs chase1-smiley.gif AJA AJA FIGHTING

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

i have just finished dl the director's cut ep 3 torrent, and it seems that all the previously mentioned cut scenes are actually still inside just that SBS VOD had some connection problem, thats why we didn't see most of the parts!

(P.S please do download the torrent then you'll know what I mean!)mecutelove.gif

can you share the link  to download ?

• Like 11

found this article on net where its mentioned that

"Meanwhile, several speculations are doing the rounds that the network might cancel the historical drama in near future because of its declining viewership. "

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/sbs-responds-criticisms-against-iu-network-air-scarlet-heart-goryeo-directors-cut-692073

Speculations..Speculations..Speculations..and Speculations.... gosh cant people have life of their own than just speculating things which they cant control..... I am sure (and i hope) SBS wont be doing it even with low rating just at start. they will wait patiently and with maturity till its half way through to decide anything.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

@leedean Click on Tweet below;

please do not quote images

WS words on the prayer stones seems like directed to his self. That he needs to come to his senses because no matter what he do his mother wont accept or care for him. It's so sad, I want HS to just hug him. T^T

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 10

I want to see the director's cut..please please please..oh..and I sincerely hope that this show wont dropped...NO!!!!! we all love this drama..please someone can give me a hint where can I see the director's cut version?? Oh..thank you MoOnLoVeRz!!! anyway..Hello everyone!! I signed up because of this drama..let's cheering for Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo :)

Edited by junee22
There are something I wanted to say
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, trizha1 said:

Sigh. Lost the password to my old account, so had to make a new one!!

I have given up trying to stream..the buffering is torture so I will just rely on the kindness of friends here to tell us what is different and what is good or bad.

Same here, but this drama and LJK bring me back

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

found this article on net where its mentioned that

"Meanwhile, several speculations are doing the rounds that the network might cancel the historical drama in near future because of its declining viewership. "

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/sbs-responds-criticisms-against-iu-network-air-scarlet-heart-goryeo-directors-cut-692073

Speculations..Speculations..Speculations..and Speculations.... gosh cant people have life of their own than just speculating things which they cant control..... I am sure (and i hope) SBS wont be doing it even with low rating just at start. they will wait patiently and with maturity till its half way through to decide anything.

I hope that they are not completely crazy to cancel it because it would be behavior like fools! If the rating is 1% they mustn't to cancel it!

• Like 10