[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

how do you folks detach fantasy from reality?

I mean .. this craze.. how will you get over it? I m sure someone would have experience this before with some other drama too? Does it make you depressed to not have people like these characters around you?

Just curious

Spoiler

I am a kdrama addict for 4 years now. My depression and withdrawals usually only happens with Lee Joon Gi's dramas and my first sageuk "Faith". I handle it by watching the drama over and over again slowly cutting my scenes down to my favourites until I feel satiated then I am happy to move on to the next drama. I think it will take me a few months with MLSHR even though I have already watched up to ep 16 more than 4 times.  I can get over it quicker if LJG announces his next project then I can happily look forward to it. This is the first time I have gone overboard though in reading and writing in forums about a drama otherwise I keep my interest in LJG looking for news about him and his projects which hasn't been much until now. He has kept a pretty low profile in the media until MLSHR.

• Like 18

Thank you all for the comments, thoughts & spoilers.  

Sigh...last thing I do before heading to bed is check this forum.  First thing I did when I got out of bed is check this forum.  MLSHR has completely consumed my life.  I think about it constantly, wondering what will happen, replay different scenes in my head, replay the OSTs...I need serious therapy.  

What will happen to my poor soul after this ends? 

• Like 20

6 hours ago, Killa92 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before. But I am still a little bit confuse and need guide... For the Support event we should take photo of the popular Landmark  then write Scarlet Ryeo Was Here... Should I write that in a piece of paper then hold that "Scarlet Heart Of Ryeo" paper or what? Then one edited image with words of support should I hold that image or just send it with my landmark image? Sorry just asking because I don't really understand.

I just paste and edit a note straight onto my digital photo.

• Like 7

This is so adorable :tears:, sorry if it has already been shared, I was not sure. 

5 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Original Soundtrack Survey, What is your top three most fave among the list?

1, Chen, Baekhyun, Xiumin of Exo - For you 
2, Baek A Yeon - A lot like love 
3, Lee Hi - My love 

4 hours ago, kathylim82 said:

Question-survey time: 

If you are the writer,

1. Which character would you re-write & how would you have write it? (Hope this question has not been asked previously)

2. Any new character you would introduce into the drama? (Fictitious or from the novel but not in k-adaptation)

1, JM, I wouldn't really re-write his character I would instead explore his background, how he time traveled etc. 
2, Me B) I'd be from a rather powerful clan, marry Wang So and live happily ever after. :w00t:

• Like 21

6 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Actually, I was going to mentionn that too. We were always up by over 1000 pages, and perhaps the conclusion of the other drama caused some sort of uptick in their activity. That said, that's a huge difference chingudeul. The distinction of most active thread with the most number of replies/responses in 2016 is no longer ours.

I don't know about you, but we've invested so much in the drama, despite ALL of it's flaws and all the setbacks it's experienced. Let's conclude our time here by setting a record of our own. Here are the ALL-TIME Soompi standings as far as total number of replies/responses:

1. Faith - 90,78

2. Nice Guy - 46,976

3. You're the Best Lee Soon Shin - 44,714

4. Goon/Princess Hours - 39,986

5. Heirs - 35,316

6. The Gu Family Book - 35,081

7. Master's Sun - 33,198

8. Empress Ki - 28,824

We're currently at 28,621 and Moonlight is at 30,399. Before episode 16 last week, we were ahead by over 1000. We will clearly beat Empress Ki. We were previously generating about 1000 reply posts on a weekly basis. Can we capture our prior enthusiasm and perhaps take the 6th place or higher? I BELIEVE WE CAN. What do you think? Are you in? :phew:

6 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Actually, I was going to mention that too. We were always up by over 1000 pages, and perhaps the conclusion of the other drama caused some sort of uptick in their activity. That said, that's a huge difference chingudeul. The distinction of most active thread with the most number of replies/responses in 2016 is no longer ours.

I don't know about you, but we've invested so much in the drama, despite ALL of it's flaws and all the setbacks it's experienced. Let's conclude our time here by setting a record of our own. Here are the ALL-TIME Soompi standings as far as total number of replies/responses:

1. Faith - 90,78

2. Nice Guy - 46,976

3. You're the Best Lee Soon Shin - 44,714

4. Goon/Princess Hours - 39,986

5. Heirs - 35,316

6. The Gu Family Book - 35,081

7. Master's Sun - 33,198

8. Empress Ki - 28,824

We're currently at 28,621 and Moonlight is at 30,399. Before episode 16 last week, we were ahead by over 1000. We will clearly beat Empress Ki. We were previously generating about 1000 reply posts on a weekly basis. Can we capture our prior enthusiasm and perhaps take the 6th place or higher? I BELIEVE WE CAN. What do you think? Are you in? :phew:

Count me in..I'm going to be active so we can take the 6th pLace

• Like 18

6 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Mine is Lee Hi's My Love, IU's Dear Friend , and Jung Seung Hwan's Wind  shy onion head

There are 5 that I like. EXO's For You, Davichi's Forgetting You, Sun Hae Im's - Will Be Back, Lee Hi's My Love and Jung Seung Hwan's Wind. I will download these to listen to.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, mewtwo said:

I wonder why Wook & Jung went to Wang Shik-ryeom in Seokyeong after Wang Yo had a heart attack? I know it's to get his support but against who? Is it to protect the throne? Or is it to steal the throne? Does Wook know that Wang So wants the throne? But everyone think So is in Seokyeong right now so why would Wook go there?....I need ep 17 NOW!!! 

Wang Yo hasn't named a crown prince yet so I think the throne will be up for grabs should Yo die without giving instructions for the next heir. Wook needs Wang Shik-ryeom's power to stop Wang So from claiming the throne. Wook has to get rid of So first, who is next in line, in order to claim the throne for himself. 

• Like 14

11 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

It's so hard to choose! I listen to the OSTs everyday and fall in love every single time. But here's my top 3:

1. My Love - Lee Hi

Every time I listen to this song, Lee Hi's voice pierces through my heart. :tears: I unconsciously imagine scenes of So and Soo, and even make up scenes in my head.  This song, for me, represents their love and struggles.

2. Can You Hear My Heart - Epik High ft. Lee Hi

It's a refreshing, upbeat song that's pleasure to my ears. Lee Hi's voice in the chorus is so angelic. For me, this song represents their friendship. This was the song played during Hae Soo's first day as a court lady in the palace and she and So were walking around. "I'm not alone. You're here, your highness."

3. All With You - Taeyeon

This was the song played during So and Soo's scene in episode 16 when Soo was taking care of Soo and they made love, etc. It represents Soo's love for So. 

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, soorani said:

Maybe it's just me, but every time I see someone complain about the lacking of changing in the characters, I can't help but strongly disagree.  I mean, the first time skip was only one year... how can a person change much in such a short time? Are you really that much different from the person you were a year ago?  The second time skip was 2 years and we CAN see a difference in the character's behavior. it's subtly but is there. HS changed a lot, she acted much more reserved than her old self and looked older, too. So did as well, he was more carefree than his old self. We can't see much difference in other characters because they're not in the spotlight for longer enough to notice. 

The only time skip I would agree that there's not much change is the third one ( 2 years), that probably only happened to stay true to the timeline of events.  Overall, If you compare how the characters acted in the beginning to how they act now, you can see the change.  

I understand that when a time skip happens you expected to see a big change, but it seems like some ppl expect them to be a completely different person and, in such a short time ( and w/ no external reasons) , that would be unrealistic IMO. 

That website? They are extremely bias and write reviews and recaps solely based on their preference. I avoid that website. They just make my blood boil. 

• Like 17

Thank you for the new stills @briseis  I love HS's look in these, she's soooo pretty, but why is she with Jung ? I guess this is once WS becomes king. Also, how are you guys all doing ? How is your obsession with scarlet heart ? Mine is definitely getting worse, what can I do ? I just love this drama so much, and I'll cry buckets when it's over. 

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

That website? They are extremely bias and write reviews and recaps solely based on their preference. I avoid that website. They just make my blood boil. 

The time skips aren't great in this drama I agree with that, but it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the drama. I actually think the 3rd time skip was the best. It wasn't just a small title card at the beginning of the episode. They made an effort to show change of season that implies passage of time. I wish they would have done something similar with the other time jumps so it wasn't so jarring. But again a small gripe. I watched the CVersion and really the time jumps weren't any better...so...there is that. 

• Like 18

6 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Original Soundtrack Survey, What is your top three most fave among the list?

Oooooft, okay this will be hard because I love ALL of them! :o But I shall try~

• Part 8: I Confess (SG Wannabe): This song... I just looooove listening to it! I always get excited when it comes up in my playlist. The singer's voice is just... :wub: Also, this song's lyrics scream Wang So (lyrics are definitely written from his perspective)! xD
  • Part 1: For You (EXO): I have heard other songs before this one, but this was the first song that stood out to me (the 'ta tara tara ta ra ra tara' part gets to me everytime) I loved it the moment I first heard it :D The official MV also plays in my head whenever I hear this song, makes me remember the earlier episodes... back when they all got along and when HS was happy...
  • Part 10: My Love (LEE HI): Out of all the recent songs that I have been released, this one grown on me! I love the singer's voice (oh screw it, I LOVE ALL THE SINGER'S VOICES IN ALL THE SONGS). But this song is very pleasant to listen to ^^
  • Like 15