[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Original Soundtrack Survey, What is your top three most fave among the list?

OMG top three? I honestly can't choose because ALL of them are masterpieces!!! :heart:

But well, here's the three MLSHR OSTs that I'll never skip:

1. 9AmqtKuc0fCFjvq6-s19V3-9BsaRnOb_dlYx8AGB

악동뮤지션 (AKMU) - Be With You

2. olN_ArybyUvGca6m70WSWfQZm22dMWLOz1xfBU7_

백아연 (Baek A Yeon) - 사랑인 듯 아닌 듯 (A Lot Like Love)

3. hBUaUKhFuveytAZ_lNY9IG1CexYJ3Mn-TQPNMay3

LOCO (로꼬), Punch (펀치) – Say Yes

and the OST that I definitely always skip is  임선혜 (Sun Hae Im) - 꼭 돌아오리 (Will Be Back) because it's so sad and depressing lol :D

• Like 13

5 hours ago, briseis said:

Cul-De-Sac: Setting You Free

“I thought of you every time. I wanted you to feel freedom like that. I want to be with you in peace, with nothing getting in our way. If that can’t happen being king or whatever else has no meaning to me.“ 

Eun’s death made WS finally accept the thing he’s known for a long time - he is helpless to protect the people he loves; if he saves them from a sword there will always be an arrow coming from the other way. He’s reached an impasse and THERE IS ALWAYS ONLY ONE WAY OF THE CUL-DE-SAC. So’s always wished for HS freedom and happiness and live with her till their hair turned grey, yet HIS LOVE IS THE VERY REASON SHE IS IN A DANGER,a danger he doesn’t have the power to save her from. So the pragmatist he is, So does the logical thing and takes himself out of the equation, giving up his chance to be with her - once again, he PRIORITIZES - HER LIFE AND HAPPINESS ABOVE HIS OWN SELFISH DESIRES. Unlike Jung and Wook who treat her like an object and would make her live in a golden cage, HE IS THE ONLY ONE OF THE BROTHERS WHO KNOWS HE CAN’T HAVE EVERYTHING AND THE ONLY ONE WHO LOVES HER ENOUGH TO LET HER GO, even though it breaks him even more than Eun’s death ever could. So said it himself didn’t he - how could he possibly live without seeing her - and the answer is that he won’t be living, but only existing. The king’s position truly couldn’t give him his heart’s desires - he gained Soo’s love on his own and neither it can give him the freedom to be with her, BUT IT CAN GIVE HIM THE POWER TO PROTECT HER AND SET HER FREE. It’s the part of his promise he can still keep. 

“I protected what I wanted. Now, I need to pay for it.” 

What guts you the most is that you know THAT THE FIRST THING WS WOULD DO AFTER BEING CROWNED WOULD BE TO FREE HS FROM THE PALACE,DAMNING HIMSELF TO A LIFETIME WITHOUT HER. His eternal loneliness is the ultimate price he is willing to pay in exchange for her freedom and safety because he LOVES HER SO MUCH HE CAN’T BE SELFISH WITH HER and it doesn’t come as a suprise because even years ago he was capable of such sacrifice when he offered her marriage and subsequent divorce just to save her from slavery. The knowledge that she would be free and safe is enough for him because he would never ask of her to wait when he can’t marry her, when he can’t give her everything - he loves her too much to ask that of her.

“Now I must look like a monster in your eyes, too. I did kill Eun.”

It’s the ultimate, heartwrenching irony of fate is that Wang So sarcastically and self-depricatingly tells HS that now she must think of him a monster IN THE VERY PLACE WHERE SHE PREVIOUSLY TOLD HIM HE WOULD RUIN EVERYTHING AND THAT SHE WAS AFRAID OF HIM. And finally, the fact that HE IS IS BREAKING UP WITH HER IN THE VERY PLACE WHERE SHE HERSELF TOLD HIM TO LET HER GO, TO LEAVE AND GO FAR AWAY AND NEVER RETURN. In the end, SHE GETS HER WISH AND PUNISHMENT - she feels the same desperation So felt when she was pushing him away, it’s HER NOW WHO IS AFRAID SHE IS ABOUT TO LOSE HIM FOREVER.

Always inspiring reading your post. I don't think I've ever seen a love as selfless as So's love before in any Kdrama. The fact that So is actually the one who was deprived of love the most from all people but he is willing to let the ONLY love he got in his life go for her happiness is totally heartwrenching.  I agree that he will eventually release Soo from the palace, because that will be the only promise he can still keep for her.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

@NitaA and @soorani Thank you for that clarification :) . I completely forgot about her being considered 'The King's Woman'. I'm glad that's not going to create another problem because I had thoughts of WS not being able to own his child and all. But I'm that's not the case :)

How if the crown prince later  is actually Hae Soo and Wang So child... Not Wang So and Yeonhwa son... Haaa my wishful thinking.... ;) 

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, cojulie said:

I think the photo of SD is from after HS wakes up and looks up each person to see what has changed in history (if it goes similar to the Chinese version).

That seems true so thank you for that. It also makes me think about Beak Ah's drawings. I wonder if he'll end up drawing something with WS and HS together and if that'll end up in a museum somewhere for HS to see. 

@runitaaa That just made my day ROFL!!!

• Like 10

12 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Original Soundtrack Survey, What is your top three most fave among the list?

Nobody has Davichi's song in the top 3? It caught my attention instantly when it first played with So and Soo at the prayer stones.

Mine will be:

1) Davichi - Forgetting You

2) Taeyeon -All With You

3) Baekhyun, Chen, Xiumin(EXO) - For You (tie)

3) SG Wannabe - I Confess(tie)

Two songs tied for 3rd place.

• Like 15