[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@meahri_1 Meant to reply to you after you posted but my Pc hang and I logged off.

I understand your intentions but i rather responses are valid with a purpose, otherwise its just flooding. We still have 4 eps to go, and by the pace the story is going, I am pretty sure the last 4 eps will generate alot of discussions.

In your list of dramas, no. 1,2,4,5,6 and 8 I believed were dramas that were screened before the great Soompi revamp. The forum was a much active place prior to the revamp and I think post revamp, the activity just came off a bit. Those of you who had been around, will remember there was a 1 week cut over that was really quite a nightmare because the threads just look very plain and patchy

Also I am not sure why do we have to keep comparing ourselves to MoonLight. Besides both being historicals (the background era are different), both got palaces and both have got the word Moon in their titles, I dont see any other similiarities in both dramas:)

-----------------------

Favourite OST:

Lee Hi: Remember You and IOI: I love you, I remember you. image.gif

Bought them over itunes. I like Lee Hi's song with Epik High too, but the rapping doesnt match Lee Hi's voice. I also dun mind the first ost by EXO, its quite catchy. Yesterday when I was feeling abit down,  Taeyeon's song just came up in my mind too.

------------------------

Woke up to a train wreck/Titanic happening of Jung standing with HS. image.gif

Thanks for the heads up SBS, thank you, I will go check the stock of my tissue paper now.....

Definitely agree each post should be valid with a purpose because then the thread wouldn't be as interesting. And the comparison to Moonlight was just a good segue to bring this up.  This was something @LyraYoo and I had been talking about the other week as we knew we would definitely reach the 30K mark without much trouble at all. And as you can see from people's responses already, they'll post if they have something to say. I think we've already established that most of us are trying hard to balance our drama addiction with REAL life, so I sincerely don't think we have to worry about meaningless posts. :)

• Like 16

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

We were not told why she was there, but it seems like real HS is known to be quite up to some mischief? She probably did die drowned in the bathing area. Had GHJ's soul not entered her body, it's probably just a matter of time before people find her dead body floating in the bathing area. In a sense, GHJ is borrowing/using HS's body or empty shell. At least that's how I'm explaining to myself, haha...

@dea97 Yes, I think so too. My theory is, I think Hae Soo is already dead. She was told that she was drowning.

Because Hae Soo's body is dead now, therefor Go Ha Jin's soul can enter Hae Soo's body. They are the same person right?

The real question, how is Go Ha Jin doing after she is drowning at the lake when eclipse is happening?

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, butterflysaga said:

My sentiment exactly! (sorry Jisoo, albeit you're indeed a great actor but Jung is nonsensical character for me :P )

Jung and YH married and take the throne, thus HS & WS can elope to modern era by jumping into Damiwon portal kekekekkekekeke :D

Happily ever after~~~ the.end. *what a wild imagination of mine. Lol.

Lol if Yeon Hwa marry Jung she will have to face Queen SMS everyday kekeke. Queen SMS also love Jung so much so maybe she will lecture Yeon Hwa to take care of his son well.

• Like 14

8 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Original Soundtrack Survey, What is your top three most fave among the list?

My top 3 favorite Ost :

1. Forgetting You - Davichi

2. Goodbye - Lim Do Hyuk

3. My Love - Lee Hi

:heart:

Cut eps 17, i had hurt feeling that Hae Soo pray for her unborn child :tears: she made that stones under the tree, it's favorite place for Hae Soo and Wang So usually have a date. I don't like why Hae Soo took Jung there :( 

• Like 15

I can not think that Wang So do not know what a woman Yeon Hwa is. Because of her statements against Hae Soo he should be warned. But also Ji Mong has a deeper meaning. He said then the court lady Oh was not born under the star of a queen. He has seen the Crown Prince Moo will not live very long. Wang So has suffered so much in his life why should he suffer further?

My thoughts:
Hofdame Oh must have seen something in Hae Soo.
King Taejo also saw Hae Soo as a daughter.
Ji Mong knows more than he says.
Yeon Hwa's crime would not tolerate Wang. No way!
(Betrayal and the tea)

Scarlet Heart also had a 2 season. Perhaps the authors also looked around there.

Maybe they will meet again in the future.

Maybe Yeon Hwa will not be his queen I hope so.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Shiori Me said:

I can not think that Wang So do not know what a woman Yeon Hwa is. Because of her statements against Hae Soo he should be warned. But also Ji Mong has a deeper meaning. He said then the court lady Oh was not born under the star of a queen. He has seen the Crown Prince Moo will not live very long. Wang So has suffered so much in his life why should he suffer further?

My thoughts:
Hofdame Oh must have seen something in Hae Soo.
King Taejo also saw Hae Soo as a daughter.
Ji Mong knows more than he says.
Yeon Hwa's crime would not tolerate Wang. No way!
(Betrayal and the tea)

Scarlet Heart also had a 2 season. Perhaps the authors also looked around there.

Maybe they will meet again in the future.

Maybe Yeon Hwa will not be his queen I hope so.

It is obvious that So does not like Yeon Hwa...i am angry with the thought that he marries her.   She is a snake!!!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Great thoughts as usual dear. :)

I think the message of this show has always been how difficult it is for people to change. But it is a fact of human nature and a fact of life. Suffering, pain on the other hand, are all part of the mechanism through which that change occurs. As I've said previously, people don't change people... but circumstances... and more specifically suffering do. It is easy to live in the past hankering for what used to be but sooner or later the caterpillar must leave the cocoon after metamorphosis and take flight. For most the past is a comfortable place because at the very least, it is a known quantity.

The real tragedy of Eun and Seon Deok for me is that squandering of 3 years. Even if they were unjustly killed and both died relatively young, if they had shared more moments like the one that had in Ep. 15, their deaths would have been less of a tragedy. I think people in those times had very little expectations of living long lives in the way that we do so they married younger, had kids younger and did most of what they had to do before they were 30. If it wasn't disease, ill health or poverty that took that them early, it was war and violence. They had a much bleaker view of the world and they were more prepared to deal with it.

I've never been really critical of Su in the way that many have been. Change is hard even when you know you should to accommodate the realities that you're dealing with... people cling on bitterly for dear life right up to the end. They even make themselves sick over it. I know I've lived it. Fear of the unknown, fear of losing yourself. It's far too easy to resist change because you can't control the future or the outcomes. The future is an unruly mustang or brumby (as we call them here in Oz) that just can't be micromanaged. At least not in the way Uk would like to. ;)

This is what I've appreciated about the writing. Contrary to what people think, the writer is quite aware of the shortcomings of the characters. They are factored into the storyline and its general trajectory. Their inherent weaknesses, good/bad choices and lack of resolve all contribute to how the story unfolds as much as their relationships do. Even though Su is the wildcard and stirs things up in this drama, everyone chooses how they want to live.

Speaking of choices, I've been meaning to give props to the lad that plays Yo, Hong Jong Hyun. I think he's done a sterling job with the material. He's probably been given some of the best lines in the show especially in Ep. 16. He plays Yo with such relish and a great sense of irony even when he's degenerating through paranoia. On some level he is right to be paranoid because So and Ji Mong have been actively conspiring against him. On top of that, his mother is now telling him to make Jeong his successor which exacerbates his paranoia. There's a nice irony in what he says to her. A self-deprecating awareness behind the tyrannical mask.

I absolutely love the line about the breeding-pig. My fellow subbers at DSS tell me that it refers to a king that's washed out and only good for passing down the throne. LOL. 

That's the thing I like about Yo... he knows his ambitious and he's a bad guy on some level. And he even knows subconsciously that his Nazi-Bene Gesserit mother is using him as her pawn in her chess game. And while his hallucination scene in the broadcast version is a hoot, what I loved more was that Sauron voice going "Yo, Yo". :lol:

And really... we have him to thank for in bringing So and Su back together. Without him, we wouldn't have gotten the night of passion. ;) Personally I think we have much to thank him for in this show. If he hadn't tricked Eun into getting So unmasked we wouldn't have gotten Goryeo BB cream and the start to the OTP's romance.

I know we all praise LJG to the skies here... and he really does deserve it. However, I can't agree that he singlehandedly holds this show together or elevates it. If the rest of the cast were that mediocre, I doubt this show would have much staying power. At least not for me anyway. 

Totally agree with you, especially the highlighted part. Thank you for pointing that out.

• Like 19

28 minutes ago, Shiori Me said:

I can not think that Wang So do not know what a woman Yeon Hwa is. Because of her statements against Hae Soo he should be warned. 

Sorry for cutting your post. Actually I am worried because probably WS doesn't know how bad YH is.. He knows she is ambitious but that's all. They had somewhat childhood crush, she was relatively kind to him (wound care). Also she 'drank' poison that makes her look pitiful, and she told him about Eun location, like to help WS to go and save him. And she asked him to marry her twice, it's flattering :huh: Unfortunately, WS has no clue about her background plots and may think she acts under WW command (he assumed so when she blocked the road). 

Let's hope the truth comes out, and better before marriage takes place..

• Like 20

9 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Actually, I was going to mention that too. We were always up by over 1000 pages, and perhaps the conclusion of the other drama caused some sort of uptick in their activity. That said, that's a huge difference chingudeul. The distinction of most active thread with the most number of replies/responses in 2016 is no longer ours.

I don't know about you, but we've invested so much in the drama, despite ALL of it's flaws and all the setbacks it's experienced. Let's conclude our time here by setting a record of our own. Here are the ALL-TIME Soompi standings as far as total number of replies/responses:

1. Faith - 90,78

2. Nice Guy - 46,976

3. You're the Best Lee Soon Shin - 44,714

4. Goon/Princess Hours - 39,986

5. Heirs - 35,316

6. The Gu Family Book - 35,081

7. Master's Sun - 33,198

8. Empress Ki - 28,824

We're currently at 28,621 and Moonlight is at 30,399. Before episode 16 last week, we were ahead by over 1000. We will clearly beat Empress Ki. We were previously generating about 1000 reply posts on a weekly basis. Can we capture our prior enthusiasm and perhaps take the 6th place or higher? I BELIEVE WE CAN. What do you think? Are you in? :phew:

Dont worry...i think MLSHR might get more than EK or hopefully MS..we are a few thousands behind due to the Ep.17 not aired last week...i hope we can achieve at least 30k replies by tuesday...

Woww...i couldnt believe that Faith had the highest replies amongst all... you guys know right that LJG supposed to star in Faith drama but he had to pulled out from the drama because his appealed to delay the military service was declined and he had received a warning for enlistment..

---------------

Where's the bts for the stargazing scene?? They supposed to give us that bts!! How dare they dont want to share the sweet bts moments of uri OTP!! I want to see the bts of "Pegasus vs Pesuses" so badlyyyy

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Killa92 said:

Lol if Yeon Hwa marry Jung she will have to face Queen SMS everyday kekeke. Queen SMS also love Jung so much so maybe she will lecture Yeon Hwa to take care of his son well.

I like the idea of that. I couldn't agree more when WY said "We're perfect for each other"  to YH but since WY crossed YH out my words to YH are: "It's okay dear, go to Jung! If Yo left you for nothing it's okay, you still have Jung"

• Like 19

3 hours ago, briseis said:

Episode 17 stills

source: ML facebook

I think HS might have built that for WE and SD. Although WE was probably older than HS I'm pretty sure both of them were younger than Go Ha Jin so she might have seen them as children (not her own). I think since Jung is there maybe we can expect that(?). Although I still don't understand the look on his face. Any ideas? 

Also I've read people speculating that HS is praying for her child but out of curiosity is it okay for a woman to get pregnant without marriage in Goryoe? Would everyone accept that?  

• Like 13