[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Indeed i agree with you all that I feel that this is definitely one of LJK's best work. I have to admit that there are a lot of things i dont like about the drama, but really LJK's acting truly draws me in.

I feel that he is able to express WS's pain, grief, confusion, anger and happiness so well.

It is as though he is WS. Really one of the reasons why i continue to watch this drama is really because LJK's acting really is super good and just pulls me in every time he is on screen.

I want to applaud him for really just an amazing acting and really being the one that holds the whole drama together. :thumbsup:

• Like 21

29 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I found something in ep16. Sneaky writer.

Hide contents

Jung was meeting King Yo and King Yo asked what he wants as a reward. Jung replied, "There's something that he has been longing for a long time". We were left with cliffhanger of his request, but he immediately seek out HS at Damiwon after that. I believed he asked to have HS as wife or to take HS away. No doubt King Yo will have granted it, as a way to hurt WS.

So, by the end of Moon Lovers, just like the c-version, Jung will take out King Yo's decree and claim HS (in actual, it's an agreed arrangement with HS to help her leave the palace). King Yo died of illness instead of dethroned, so according to custom, the previous king's decree will still be valid.  :tears:

I noticed that too and that's exactly what I thought. I haven't watched the C-version but i was told that the same thing happens to the 14th prince. I wonder how HS and WS will react to this.

• Like 8

ive read there was a scene where HS did try to return the hairpin WS dropped at th princes' bath pool but turned back cause she witnessed he was having a bad dream?? I really dont remember that part...can someone oh so kindly let me in on which episode it was and whose version?  or maybe even a link :frown: ??   

• Like 7

1 hour ago, hsiehijen said:

Being new here, I'm not sure how to put the spoiler tag. 

My thoughts are sosoo romance felt rushed in episode 16. I can't help but feel sad that 4th feelings have changed after the years where love isn't the only thing he is focusing on now. 

Gives new meaning to the poem So wrote for Soo that she spent years rewriting over and over. "I came to to the river but the clouds had come" (or something to that effect :sweatingbullets:)

When So first developed feelings for Soo (he came to the river), Soo wasn't ready (but the clouds had come)

When Soo finally realized she trusted and loved So (she came to the river), So had developed an ambition for the throne that could compete with his love for her (but the clouds had come)

This is why I think I agree with @Sleepietake2 about timing being one of the biggest issue of the SoSoo ship.

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, mochimaniac said:

ive read there was a scene where HS did try to return the hairpin WS dropped at th princes' bath pool but turned back cause she witnessed he was having a bad dream?? I really dont remember that part...can someone oh so kindly let me in on which episode it was and whose version?  or maybe even a link :frown: ??   

It was edited & not showing in that particular episode

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

excerpt from Dramabean's Beans of Wisdom

Speaking of thesis writing, Pebble’s question in comment #3.1 sparks a discussion on animal habits:

“Wolves tend to devote themselves to one female until death”

I never knew that, is that right? Wolf-dog Wang So ah, how much more agony and torture you would have to undergo and endure before you can be with Su? You kept putting off with getting the only one thing you really wanted so much. With all these external pressures thrust upon him, no wonder he went ballistic and ruthless at the end when he became king.

Sancheezy replies with her findings:

with a quick google search cause I believe the myth is broken
this what I found
Wolfe
After Mating, pairs will continue to be affectionate. Although wolves often have long-lasting attachments to their mates,
—-if one wolf dies, the widowed mate may breed with another wolf. In addition, some males may bond to different females in different years, destroying the long-held “mate for life” myth.

should have used Goose just like in Chinese and Korean culture
Geese are very loyal. They mate for life and are very protective of their partners and offspring. If a goose’s mate or chicks become sick or injured, he or she will often refuse to leave their side, even if winter is approaching and the other geese in the group are flying south.

besides they have pond, lake and boat . . . goose is the perfect symbolism

Miky reacts:

Well he wouldn’t be so scarry if he was the goose slayer,no? jajaj

Sancheezy adds:

In Oregairu, the protagonist describe wolfs as social animal cause they makes a pact/community but the real lone animal is a bear

but based on google best picked, the faithful animal are
-Emperor Penguin
-Termite
-Beaver
-French Angelfish
-Bald Eagle
-Black Vulture
-Swan
-Geese

So can be the emperor penguin, the roaring (bald) eagle (or the chinese 4th prince) or the black swan

endo:

That’s the reason why they chose Wolf because it would’ve been wimpy if So will be ” Emperor Penguin slayer” or “Termite Slayer”..Lol. JK.

Reading this make me think why they choose wolf. Because ultimately Wang So need to marry YH and realized in history, he only has kids with YH and not the CP's daughter. So can see that after Hae Soo pass on, even if YH did so many wrongs, he choose to at least be loyal. Esp if YH ultimately help him get the throne. Plus YH's synopsis mentioned her as someone who guide the majesty. Even though she might play apart to tear the poor couple apart but she will still be the queen. I just hope at least Hae Soo wake up in future. And start to looking for So again. And So better don't be someone who don't remember the past. Though I can't imagine how painful it is to also carry the memories of how the killings he did. At least in modern days, he can live peacefully. Eun and SD still leave a pain. If only the future showed them finding happiness since they can't have their happy ending in the past.

why no back to back ep.

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, mochimaniac said:

yes and there is one more scene in episode 3 that i missed to HS pray to rocks and WS come and talk to her something about mothers i try to find that two scene and i can't to so pls pm to :) 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I noticed that too and that's exactly what I thought. I haven't watched the C-version but i was told that the same thing happens to the 14th prince. I wonder how HS and WS will react to this.

in BBJX RX know about the decree and she reject it as result she have to work as a slave... so when she have enough with all palace drama she ask for 13th to go and tell 14th that she agreed for that decree... so i guess Soo will know about it but not So.. you want to know how 4th reaction?? if look can kill a person 14th probably already dies a few time when he ask for 4th to give RX.. also 14th is always kinda against 4th just like here so he not really bothered by it...

• Like 8

Ah ha, been meaning to ask. I must've missed something. 

The hair pin. I remember it last when so propose the first time and got rejected. Soo rejected the proposal and the hairpin. So must've kept it.

Next thing i saw it again on soo's hair. The boat in the lake date. 

What happened? When did so gave it back to soo?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

In the cversion

Spoiler

the king wanted to wed Ruoxi to 14th since he treated Ruoxi like a daughter and 14th was his favorite son and he wanted to grant her a marriage since her and 14th are the same age and they were close friends. But she did not want to and said no which anger the king and she got a beating for it and later was sent to be a laundry maid. Then 14th became general and was sent out to war. A few years later he came back and ask his father to forgive Ruoxi and ask her hand in marriage which was reveal that Ruoxi declined the marriage before. But it never show that the king gave him the decree for Ruoxi to be his concubine. Which is what they used near the end of the drama for Ruoxi to leave the palace to live her quiet days out.

My theory is that later Jung found out about WS and HS he doesn't tell her about the marriage but King Yo did wrote a decree for him. Probably Jung will tell HS that if she ever wants to leave the palace, then tell him and he has a way for her to leave. And thats when HS got tired of the palace and doesn't want to be there anymore so that's when Jung took out the decree King Yo wrote before he died and as tradition the future king has to honor it since King Yo passed away due to illness and not dethrone and if WS defy it, he will be label as the king who defy the past kings decree etc and so WS has no other way but to follow but WS will probably try to think of a way to make the decree invaild till probably Wook or YH say something that will cause the drift between WS and HH bigger and he decided to let her go with Jung

• Like 11

@LyraYoo Hahahaha I read that on dramabeans too. that's funny:lol:. This one though....

Ren has a thought experiment in comment #102.1.2:

I’ve been trying to imagine who the princes would be in a modern setting for the last few days now. Here’s what I’ve come up with, I’d love to hear everyone else’s modern interpretations too!

Eun- The best friend of your younger brother who’s always around the house. Annoying, but harmless and cute.

Baek Ah- He probably has like a nice trust fund and runs a critically acclaimed but not commercially successfully art gallery in Soho. He know’s everyone who’s anyone.

Jung- The boy next door who you grew up with and has seen you through thick and thin.

Won- Totally a fraternity bro, says dude and high fives alot. Can’t keep track of the girls he’s hooked up with but always has a brother’s back. Wants to work in management consulting or investment banking.

Wook- That post-grad you meet as a freshman in university who seems so worldly, sophisticated and erudite. Turns out he has a girlfriend and is actually kind of a richard simmons.

Yo- Belongs to an old money powerful political family. A bit of a classist and will crush people who he thinks are aiming above their station. He already has his clerkship at the Attorney General’s office lined up.

Wang So- Please, the bad boy with a heart of gold trope transcends time.

LOL on Wook personality in modern setting XD onion head

EDIT : Can't believe that post forget about Wang Moo! LOL. My interpretation >> Wang Moo- Your older brother who is kind and awkward, you never see him around the house because he goes travelling a lot. But he will runs to you and be there for you when you need him. :wub:

• Like 19

29 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

She will go wilingly because she cant stay a day more in the palace. Jung is taking her away but respect that this is just an arrangement and not forcing himself on her. WS will be furious! 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, junejungki said:

17 minutes ago, aypopa said:

yes and there is one more scene in episode 3 that i missed to HS pray to rocks and WS come and talk to her something about mothers i try to find that two scene and i can't to so pls pm to :) 

Oh, I did read that too somewhere but totally forgotten about it. 
Is it part of the cut scene SBS vs Intl version? Any link we can watch? Thaanks!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, junejungki said:

Ohhh okay.  it's one of th:tears:se scenes.  Thank you:)!  All those cut scenes that ended up on the editors floor would make a very interesting and exciting reel to watch i'd say....dang

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

In the cversion

Hide contents

the king wanted to wed Ruoxi to 14th since he treated Ruoxi like a daughter and 14th was his favorite son and he wanted to grant her a marriage since her and 14th are the same age and they were close friends. But she did not want to and said no which anger the king and she got a beating for it and later was sent to be a laundry maid. Then 14th became general and was sent out to war. A few years later he came back and ask his father to forgive Ruoxi and ask her hand in marriage which was reveal that Ruoxi declined the marriage before. But it never show that the king gave him the decree for Ruoxi to be his concubine. Which is what they used near the end of the drama for Ruoxi to leave the palace to live her quiet days out.

My theory is that later Jung found out about WS and HS he doesn't tell her about the marriage but King Yo did wrote a decree for him. Probably Jung will tell HS that if she ever wants to leave the palace, then tell him and he has a way for her to leave. And thats when HS got tired of the palace and doesn't want to be there anymore so that's when Jung took out the decree King Yo wrote before he died and as tradition the future king has to honor it since King Yo passed away due to illness and not dethrone and if WS defy it, he will be label as the king who defy the past kings decree etc and so WS has no other way but to follow but WS will probably try to think of a way to make the decree invaild till probably Wook or YH say something that will cause the drift between WS and HH bigger and he decided to let her go with Jung

I'm even more positive now that our predictions will come true because in ep 16...

Spoiler

The scene where HS meets 14th after he comes back she tell him how in the future she wants to retire and go to the desert and sea and live peacefully. I think that might be motivation for 14th to take HS out of the palace so she can live in peace.

• Like 13