[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Friday morning here almost 8 oclock.

It is just me or the day is creeping sooooo ever slowly ? I cant wait for the monday to come and we still have 3 days...3 richard simmons days until the ep 16!!! It is so frustrating!!! Reading here n in DB..looking at ws/hs pictures here and there only making me greedier for more..no joke! It is not enough..how come this is happening? And to think how bad the withdrawal symptom i am going to have when this show is over, i shudder. HELP!!!

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

I'm really moved by this post (it's from one "senior" Soompier, but I don't know if it has already been posted here):   :dissapointed_relieved:
"

HOW CAN A MAN WITH PARENTS AND 30+ SIBLINGS BE SO UTTERLY, HEARTBREAKINGLY ALONE AND DESOLATE?! The Wolf Prince who craves his mother’s love and affection but receives only indifference and deliberate cruelty in return from her when she shows favouritism for all her sons but him. It’s even worse than if she hated him. The whole wolf and dog comparions are both so very apt and heartbreaking in more ways than one - in Korea dogs are connected with negative personality traits (putting the word “dog” in front of a noun makes it into an insult); however the truth is that they are unbelievably loyal, so much more than humans, and even if their masters repeatedly hurt them and mistreat them they still come back to them - protecting them and asking for any show of affection no matter how small. And the loyal, love-starved 4th Prince is the same - always coming back, always hoping for a hint that his mother loves him but always ending up disappointed and hurt. He is so eager to please her and it must be painfully obvious to everyone in the room because the whole time Wang So is pretty much wearing his heart on his sleeve - his insecurity, his vulnerability, the fragile hope. And when he finally finds the courage to speak up and tell her about the hairpin he bought for her, you can notice how he tried so hard not to stutter over his words. But the moment when his younger brother is faster to present his hairpin and he sees their mother’s happy smile, WS’s heart just shatters into million pieces.

Some may say that Wang So feels jealous of the love his brothers receive, but in his case it’s not jealousy, and it has never been jealousy in the first place. Jealousy means that you are afraid that someone will take from you things that are yours, but Wang So is envious because has never had his mother’s love to begin with. And his whole life he’s been craving something he can never have. With Taejo having so many children it’s logical that there would be a fierce competition for the throne, but there is one thing a child should never compete for - the love of his mother; a mother should love all her children equally, but Wang So’s mother feels no love for him. And the moment he finally accept this harsh truth, it will break him apart and nothing will ever be the same.

For most actors, it would be such a huge impediment not only to act with just one eye, but with only half of his face, yet Lee Jun Ki manages to turn it into advantage because he allows you to see so much there - so many emotions and nuances - and he still leaves you wondering what is hiding behind that mask.

I’m reblogging this because this week I will be focusing a lot on the wolf symbolism/parallels regarding So and I only want to show that it’s something that has been present in the story from the very beginning."

http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/151717515094/dreamingsnowflake2013-how-can-a-man-with 

Don't worry I post all my analyses here. I wrote this one during the first week ML aired. It's definitely here...you only need to look some 1000+ pages ago :D

• Like 19

I came to the conclusion that hae so didnt realize that she is the one that cause all of the mess in the palace. Her vision bout wang so become cruel is all becoz of her. Everyone turned to an enemy to each other becoz of her. Wang wook, wang so, jung, yeon hwa...it all becoz of her. Wang so killed everyone n let things happened to save her life. Wang wook turned to evil becoz of her. Wang eun n his wife got killed by wang so also becoz of her that she too much believe in her vision. If only she trusted wang so and obey her vision, wang eun wouldnt killed by wang so. And also yeon hwa, she told the king about wang eun becoz she wanted to make hae so regret for being a lover to wang so. 

Thats why lady oh said, u cant be nice to everyone becoz it would make a mess. 

Though i love the romance between hae so and wang so, 

• Like 13

20 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@dears Not sure where you got the info on 10th and his grandfather not dying until Gwonjong's son reign and they tried to replace him from throne as 10th grandfather definitely died in the beginning of Yo's reign in 945 for revolt per online info in Korean though they were not clear on exact circumstances of 10th death, it was assumed that he died along with his grandfather army. 

Can you give me the link to read about it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, qwenli said:

I finally figure out this mystery boat ride pix.

See the oar behind both of them. It was placed there so that when both of them sit individually, the oar wont block their body.

See specimen in spoiler

Hide contents

see the right oar is still there, but the oar at the back is also still there.

I think both LJG and IU took turns to seat there to film their scenes, because they cant possibly film the closeup with the boat was actually moving. So the boat was docked and the camera crew probably filmed them individually on land.

Hence, there was several angles of the boat ride: aerial view (using drone), side view of them rowing from land and closeups of each of them  with crew on land.

Suffice to say, this scene alone, would have took them more than half a day to complete with different angles.:sweatingbullets:

[spoiler/]

You are quite right! No wonder I kept seeing the sun's reflection behind them as they talked facing each other... That is quite impossible, isn't it? To have the sun reflecting on both side of the boat. The sun's reflection bothered me as I watched that scene, although I appreciate the analysis of how their faces become obscured in context to their hiding their real feelings at that time.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, briseis said:

Happy 20th Birthday

“So didn’t know what to choose, so he wandered around. He ended up coming back with nothing or something like that.”

OMG! The bromance is going strong - NOW THEY ARE EVEN GOING FOR SHOPPING TRIPS TOGETHER, HUNTING FOR HAE SOO’S BIRTHDAY GIFT! I want to see that so damn much! Just imagine So wandering around -not knowing what to pick because nothing was good enough for Hae Soo in his opinion - and BA trying to help his favourite big bro out.

The best thing is that, even though empty-handed, he tags along with BA to wish her happy birthday, anyway (because he wouldn’t miss any opportunity to spend time with HS); and BA, the biggest SoSoo shipper in Goryeo is well aware why So didn’t by anything. Unfortunately his older brother is too embarrassed to admit that nothing was good enough for her.

“It’s just a court lady’s birthday. It’s a gift to have a prince here at all. What more could you want?”

I’m afraid you can’t give her the same present twice, considering you have given himself to her years ago already! It’s adorable how jealous So is of every smile HS gives to BA, as if he was secretly hoping she wouldn’t like his gift. And BA can only smile when they both start to bicker like an old married couple - and you have to wonder whether it wasn’t his plan all along, that smart matchmaker!

There is this little, subtle touch to the whole scene which shows that BA and So are the only princes who actually treat Hae Soo as someone who is precious to them, as their equal, AS A NOBLE LADY NOT A MERE COURT LADY - they both come to officially wish her happy birthday WEARING THEIR FULL REGALIA, which used to be worn only for official functions and meetings with the king.

well said @briseis... BA and WS's bromance  is by far the best in this drama. I also love how honest they are to each other in. I am so happy that they will be loyal to each other till the end. I am so gald that their bond will survive the death Wang Eun. I am also happy that General Park has not abandoned So and remains by his side once the real war starts in the drama.  

• Like 18

Related imageImage result for If we only have this momentRelated image

I would fill everyday and all of myself with only you....

Image result for moon lovers: scarlet heart ryeo episode 15Image result for moon lovers: scarlet heart ryeo episode 15Related imageRelated image

I am still away from home but couldn't let these oh so tender moments from episode 15 pass me by.  I loved this couple from the start for so many reasons.  Young, innocent, playful, and oh so honest isn't that how it is when your faith is childlike no worries because you say what you feel.  And what you feel comes out without all the worries or cares in what others might think.   What you see is what you get,  real in that often we cannot see what means & matters most to us even when it's right beside us.  Eun sees everything like a child still embracing toys and the sweet things that childhood includes and stirs within us. Yet I saw him differently in how 2 years not quite a man but no longer a boy either his love now grown to in fact match his wife's now.   

His wife knew everything about survival and being a soldier the general gave her that. She was perfect for Eun from the start and he alone possessed her heart.   I love the general as well, you always knew and could see the pride and love he had for his daughter it was in his eyes and the sweet way he tried to be a mother to her as well.  Always trying quietly from behind to help her achieve all of her dreams.  She knew little about the facts of life or even how life was created I think she touched me in a way I can't explain. Her sweet innocence made her that much more lovable  A little rough around the edges but pure softness when it came to the way she loved her man.  Where he was weak she would be their strength, where he was unfocused she would help him find his way.  Never making him feel less only protecting him from the things she could and loving him through everything else...

Whether they live or die at least Eun made the choice to face the unknown together I was so proud of him and what a beautiful love story no matter life or death can never change what was within their hearts....

I love this drama how could you not??????????:wub::wub::wub:

4 hours ago, Chickpea said:

Greetings, Friend,

Thank you for this brilliant post.  I can see you are doing your homework with regard to the historical WS.  Brava.

The point I was trying to make in my post was that, so far, the only "creative license to history" that I see is HS traveling back 1,000 years and becoming the reason for WS killing his brothers.  And what's the point of that...

People don't commit murder, regicide or fratricide for love; they commit it for power.  If the writer was going to make WS the killer of his brothers to acquire the throne, why try to justify his actions with the noble intent of protecting the woman he loves.  Realistically, no HS traveled back to Goryeo from the 21st Century and yet the historical WS actually did kill his brothers to ascend to the throne, and then he took out their families, is this not correct.  

My point was, if the author was going to deviate from history anyway, he or she should have turned the historical WS into a mythological character and given the story a different ending, like the King Arthur stories, or if the author was going to try to stick to the history, then he or she should not have tried to turn this into a love story with a woman who traveled back from the future and who then becomes the reason for WS's actions.

If the historic WS was a blood-thirsty, power-mad maniac (a "monster" in HS's words), then write the story that way and make the woman from the future fall in love with a brother destined for death, like Wook, for instance, and then after WS kills off her lover, have her fall back down the rabbit-hole to the 21st Century to meet and fall in love with his modern-day reincarnation.

Beyond the history, however, there are other parts of a drama--the audience, the characters and the story itself.  For any story, movie or drama to work, it has to first make sense.  The actions have to follow logically and make sense in contet and the characters must be believable.  Like I said, the actions of WS at the end of Ep. 15 don't make sense when taken together with everything else we've seen about him through the previous 14 episodes.  The WS of 14 episodes refused to be controlled by anyone.  He was a survivor.  He would rather die than submit.  This character, when confronted with the scene of Yoo alive and well and standing over the dead body of the CP would have cut him down and the very idea that a counselor could stop the carnage and give the advantage to the obvious-murderer of the CP is, on its face, unrealistic.  If the WS of this drama is the WS of history, he would have let Weasel Brother kill HS.  Even the WS of this drama was, at one point, willing to kill HS himself, to find the plotters against the CP.  We're being asked to see HS as the "kryptonite" to the WS "superman" as if love has somehow weakened and emasculated our Hero.  Perhaps we're supposed to see WS's actions as noble but, sorry, it doesn't work in contet, at least it didn't work at the end of Ep. 15 and I don't see how it will work going forward.  

If we're to accept the premise of this story, a 21st century woman is the catalyst for one of Korea's greatest mass murderers.  Not his lust for power, not his desire for revenge, not his attempt to follow the wishes of his father and obtain justice for the murder of the CP.  I would have more respect for the WS who carries out these murders to end the machinations of the families and the manipulations of the princes than I presently do for the WS who abandons all of this to protect a woman he could have easily protected by just pushing that sword through Yoo's body.

Great discussing this with you, tho...  CP

I agree with you 100% except on the part that he could have killed Yo and everything would have been fixed, there were three people who would have used what he did to capture him and kill him and her and they would've taken the throne anyway,  Wook, his sister and the Queen, he was playing chess and he realized he was alone in this quest to me he is 5 moves ahead of them we just haven't seen them, Ok that is my wishful thinking, I want to add that it has been my experience with Korean dramas that the writers shift their vision all of the time, I guess most directors and writers don't see eye to eye in what works and what doesn't and they change everything all the time, they must think that a story worth told is that which makes people overthink and come up with different scenarios and to play with the audience's emotions, plus there are hardly any bad or evil people in any dramas, both directors and writers tend to justify the actions of the most vile person with a forgiveness is everything as long as they have a justification.   There was no justification for the WS in history who killed his brothers out of thirst of power as we might imagine, but here he is the hero or the antihero of the story, so justifications for his actions is all we will watch even if it is not possible, (I still believe history must have some cases where the bad guy wasn't really the bad one, who knows).  I don't want to abandon all hope and think this is just another one of those stories I want to think that for a couple of episodes Wang So forgot who he was and turn into this love struck person that we watch in those two episodes, (14 and 15) and why no, he had the worst childhood and life ever, my thought is that he is going to have a change of tune in the next episodes, his thirst for power and vengeance will grow and he will have the justification for killing the rest of his family, does that makes it OK? no, killing your family is never justified, but it makes our hero less despicable.  I thought about the possibility of her falling for another one of the princes and I don't think it will work the same way,  it will turn into just a regular love story so there will be no why did she go back to that era, why is the reason for her to remember everything, is it really a dream or is it real? I think the answers depend on the director and the writer and how they are going to stir the story, I still hold on to the idea that there was one, we have to see it when she goes back to her original body.  I know it might not happen as I hope, and it will be rushed and unexplained like other Korean dramas on the same genre, but one could dream... Thanks for talking to me, it was nice to have a long conversation I have been having with myself... I hope my ramblings make some sense since I tend to go on and on when I get excited and I don't check to what I write... 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

Episode 14 Video Clips from DramaFever

Hide contents

Credit: DramaFever

Thank you for sharing, my most favorite scene is not the kiss scene like many people but Wang So's wolf sound. I tried to search if anyone made the cut scene right after the episode aired, but not yet. Now I thank Dramafever as well to recognize the gold.

• Like 8

Not sure if the scene order is different in international versions. In the SBS version, is it possible that HS worries that WS might kill Eun and his wife because he initially doesn't tell her that Yo had sent him to hunt them? If he had told her about his plan to save them when she first asked him, then when she saw them later, she might have told him immediately. What happened to being truthful?

I understand that he wants to protect her feelings, but since she always finds out later, its seems pointless that he keeps withholding the truth from her. Like the boat scene, if he had told he was getting married and explained why, it would have hurt her less than to find out from Eun later. And that wasn't something he would be able to hide for long.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, staygold said:

Nothing ever happens in Kdrama head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377Should we get Anna Foerster of the Outlander series to direct ep 16 scene!! sigh-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377

Kdramas are the cause and also the cure for the byuntae mind!!! yipee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937yipee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937yipee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937

How can he do "anything" if he is injured??  any ideas ?   :P
naughty-smiley-face.gif

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

I came to the conclusion that hae so didnt realize that she is the one that cause all of the mess in the palace. Her vision bout wang so become cruel is all becoz of her. Everyone turned to an enemy to each other becoz of her. Wang wook, wang so, jung, yeon hwa...it all becoz of her. Wang so killed everyone n let things happened to save her life. Wang wook turned to evil becoz of her. Wang eun n his wife got killed by wang so also becoz of her that she too much believe in her vision. If only she trusted wang so and obey her vision, wang eun wouldnt killed by wang so. And also yeon hwa, she told the king about wang eun becoz she wanted to make hae so regret for being a lover to wang so. 

Thats why lady oh said, u cant be nice to everyone becoz it would make a mess.

I'd have to disagree with you here.I don't think HaeSoo caused things to change for the worse.She is a catalyst for the changes that we are watching.I think things were meant to change even if she wasn't present.There were already underlying tensions that were simmering and were going to surface.The princes already had their own agendas just that they were hidden.Besides,her presence might have actually made things better.Who knows if WangSo could have continued to kill people viciously for the sake of his mother if HaeSoo had not been present?Without knowing,HaeSoo is actually altering the way WangSo is getting the throne.His intention is not to kill to get the throne but to get the throne to defend/protect others.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I'd have to disagree with you here.I don't think HaeSoo caused things to change for the worse.She is a catalyst for the changes that we are watching.I think things were meant to change even if she wasn't present.There were already underlying tensions that were simmering and were going to surface.The princes already had their own agendas just that they were hidden.Besides,her presence might have actually made things better.Who knows if WangSo could have continued to kill people viciously for the sake of his mother if HaeSoo had not been present?Without knowing,HaeSoo is actually altering the way WangSo is getting the throne.His intention is not to kill to get the throne but to get the throne to defend/protect others.

Just wanted to add that if not for HS, Jung would have lost his arm. WW and WS only went into the forest to look for HS because CR told WW that she had run off. 

• Like 16