[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, dwookie said:

Can't help but cry with SD and Eun's scene in the bath house, knowing their fate wasn't so good :( Yeon Hwa, unbelievable, I do understand where she is coming from and actually admired her because of how badass she is but ratting out Eun really made me angry, also I just realized how Wook and YH are really siblings - they are both wicked. I fell in love with Wook during the early eps and it's still a shock how he turned into this - power hungry monster. 

I know HS has been getting a lot of "hate" because she didn't trust So but can I just say, girl what more do you need to trust So? Once again, it's a bit of a let down that she jump into conclusions. Though, her "premonitions" are murky, it's sad that after really knowing So, she still doubted it. 

A bit out of topic, I was watching BBJX but stalled - is it the same, was 10th and his wife got killed too?

Nope, in the chinese version, the 10th prince and his wife got the happiest ending of all

• Like 5

4 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

This was not shown , wae ! 

Hide contents

This is quite similar with the C-version but it was with the 8th prince 

I think this is from the scene that WY tries to shoot an arrow to HS and WS save her for the next episode. Same clothes from the preview. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

Ruoxi had 1-2 years of her sister training her in palace rules because they knew it was likely she would enter the palace. HS didn't have any training at all. Also, in the C-drama, the princes had more influence in the palace, so they had people watching over Ruoxi.

Yes, but wasn't that Ruoxi the original Ruoxi -like not the Ruoxi who originated from the future or was it the time he was living in 8th's estate? Again, it sucket Scarlet Heart Ryeo only have 20 eps. unlike BBJX, kver is more complicated because of the time jumps and some scenes that were "pivotal" but wasn't included.

1 minute ago, sunshinefate said:

Nope, in the chinese version, the 10th prince and his wife got the happiest ending of all

Thanks for the answer, it sucks because I like SD/Eun more than their version in BBJX (lol) Ugghhh my SD/Eun :(

• Like 3

I'm not sure if this is a re-post as this thread is growing so fast and  I'm currently reading page 1115 :astonished:

We have already seen the 1st and the 3rd image of WS, at the rain ritual. When will we get to see the one in the middle, King Gwangjong, (other than the one in HS’s visions) I'm anxiousB)

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000660123&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

1476240323317937_99_20161012130003.jpg?t

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

There are two polls - A n B...A is tight between the two..B our JG is leading...i wonder why should it be 2?

Maybe to much traffic on their server so they have to make 2 polls? But I can't access both polls. Don't know why. My internet connection is okay tho.

• Like 3

@Gabi Bros I second on your point for HS was strong enough to tell of WY!!! hoorays....Also, thanks much to all chingus who read and like my random venting and historical social analysis.  Here is another crazy 2 cents:

5 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

I watched the episode and I don't think that Soo hide Eun from Wang So because of lack of trust, she only wanted to avoid the situation (vision number 3) by separating Eun and So. She stayed quiet doing nothing and two of her visions happened (the same way she and we saw them). This has nothing to do with history knowledge because the visions aren't fake (at least not the first 2)..so I can't blame her for at least trying to do something to avoid the third one? She is doing that for her, Eun (and wife) but also for Wang So. Maybe a miracle will happen that will slightly deviate the events without altering the fact that Wang So will be the 4th king and history will still remain the same. Hae Soo is someone that has overcome death (remember she died before)…that's why for her things are not that impossible. 

@Gabi Bros @feignedreality and other eclipsers: May be I'm seeing things because of lack of sleep from last night/ this morning or from frasturation this late afternoon from not being able to log into soompi forum (not sure it was my home internet or apple items, mac, iphone, ipad...none of them work and page kept on saying that soompi is on maintenance with Kim Heechul weirdly dancing :( ), I really DON'T get why people are getting mad at HS and saying that how stupid or naive she was. May be I myself is so understanding/forgiving person, dunno? If I'm not understanding by not reading all the threads or taking so long to write this and someone already brought this up, pls forgive me for my 2 cents. :):):) 

Did everyone see SBS sub version where HS left a letter for JM (possibly WS) to let General Park know whereabout of Jun and his wife? I don't get the whole meaning of her letter in Hanja as it was not complete but it indicated JM to meet her/them somewhere/ at the other side of cave/ shipyard (she said so to SD as well). HS was told to trust her loved one by SD regards to WS as he was not someone who would arrest and kill people for no reason and HS also remembered Taijeo's words regards to "cherishing the present without worrying about future". OR...you guys saw this scene but thought that it was too late and HS should told WS when he told her frankly the fact that he was looking for them without hesitation???

I guess for HS hesitation, a few people already pointed out that it was NOT because HS did not TRUST WS but she felt guilty the fact that he had been held with leash by WY using her as a bait (hostage) [sorry to use leash to make it clear but no intention to demean WS]. She even asked WS before she knew he was looking for Eun whether he was ordered by King/WY using her life as a threat. She got panic attack when she heard from CR saying that Eun has  been looked for not only because of her premonition of WS killing WE but especially because WS had to do it as her safety was upheld/threatened by WY.  It was her effort to help both sides free of burden and guilt by not telling WS and finding escape route for WE & SD (especially since she already found a way and it is best if less people knew. It would also give less pressure/ threat for WS needing to lie to King/ WY which was treason.) Of course, she also could NOT withstand seeing WE & SD died and she would help them no matter what.  If we were in her shoes (at least if I were), I probably would do the same as HS or extra cautious to WS as both people were dear to her and she saw WS feeling deeply hurt by having to kill his brother and especially this one is Eun who was harmless.  

Yes, SD's reminder about WS's uprightness and trusting loved ones reinforced her trust for WS as well as solidified her dependence on him (he would be able to help Eun like he said would). In life and death situation, thinking for many people involved was very tough decision and I would take the burden myself if I could solve the problem myself without asking other's help (may be it is just me but I know ppl are different and for a fact that my younger brother would involve the whole family even for minor ones!).  Also, remember HS was a girl from 21st century like us who had to be independent especially with cheating useless bf who left her in debts.  So, please give gf a break chingus.

@40somethingahjumma I really enjoyed your analysis and writing and agreed with you about being monogamy in that era especially when his father had 29 wives.  However, I just wanna point out two interesting facts in Goryeo royal relationship history as my scientific/ fact antenna always comes up whenever I analyze history or sociology (which is kind of ridiculous as not all facts were present in our hands) :P So, apologize in advance for all chingus enjoying abstract yet romantic analysis. From Korean, Chinese and English Wikipedia and a couple of other sources that I found online from my short historical research, it seems that we could not conclude all men in Goryeo were in polygamy relationships :D:D(unless the history did not record every single concubines of princes). What I notice is that most of Taijeo's sons who married to their half-siblings were monogamous with their spouses except WS having a concubine which we regarded did not count as she was a child per drama. 8th, 14th, 2nd (WS oldest brother who died young but was married before death), only surviving son of 6th queen (wasn't shown in the drama but wikipedia mistook him as Eun in their reference that I mentioned in one of my previous posts) and one other son married their half-siblings and only one spouse for each was recorded.  Eun was not mentioned to be married, and WM, WY and WWon were the ones married outside with a few wives and concubines recorded. {Note: main point I wanna say was if you marry King's daughters, you have to be monogamous like in some Chinese dynasties princess-consorts but it DID NOT APPLY to the KIng's son??? This half-siblings intermarrying was something Taejo started and this fact was something interesting to me} Like I said above, I'm not sure it was because they were not actual Kings but vice king and princes that their concubines were not recorded though WW and Baek Ah were posthumously honored as kings by their sons. Also names of wives of three of Taijeo's sons including Baek Ah were not recorded though their children were noted. 

@millie10468 Kudos Chingu! You said what I wanted to say about why WY became king and why WS was not ruthless killer like HS thought. I was going to include that in detail in this long post but then forgot. So, I'm just editing this and not writing it. Just trying to leech on your writing :D

@meahri_1 I appreciate your analysis on HS's hands placement on WS and I really wish that you were right! We shall see hopefully by ep 17.  However, my evil unromantic side is on today for lack of sleep or lack of romance almost decade :bawling: and I have different proposal :crazy::crazy::crazy:....What if she could put her hands on LJK/WS's neck or upper body instead of LJK's waist because she was stepping on something to make the height difference less (looks much better for camera angle and you can see their height difference is less) since it was shot inside the building and easier to put something underneath while there was nothing underneath during first real kiss as it was shot on uneven hilly ground and HS/ IU could only reach to his waist??? I told you I'm evil today :P:P and getting crazier because of this drama and lack of sleep :D

For those you were saying why Eun's family was targeted as revolts without actually revolting...In actual history, Eun had two aunts one older than his mom and one younger. Older aunt and his mom married to Teijo but the younger aunt married to WM (CP/2nd king as his concubine).  So, Wang Gyu (WE's grandfather) was part of former king's big ally in addition to General Park Sul-hui (the guy that got dragged out from throne room while WY marched into the room). Also, it was mentioned in drama that Wang Gyu's family was rich and powerful in the capital and has capacity to revolt and put WE on the throne.  In MLSHR, Wang Gyu being in-law of WM was omitted because they wanna stress the fact that he was NOT favored to be in CP position due to his lack of significant maternal family and in-laws. In actual history, Wang Gyu really did revolt and I guess drama just used the short-cut way to show it without needing to show actual revolt with more actors/ screen-time. Furthermore, it was also kind of unavoidable predicament for other powerful princes to get killed if undesignated prince got the throne.  It was mentioned by SD when WM became king and also by evil Queen Yoo to WY/ King after they watched killing of WE's grandfather and family.

I have mentioned about this marital relationship, other brothers/ nephews WS killed and the reason for it in my previous post in 600 something pages. For those of you who are interested to read:

@zi4r I have been trying to vote many times while browsing through soompi and they're getting really close and poll B they surpassed us. Actually, Song Jung Ki's "Innocence Men" was only K-drama that I finished and the only one I really noticed before MLSHR but I only watched one episode of his  DOS and not really my cap of tea. So, I'm helping LJK and you by voting as much as I can :D:D:D 

@deabakdrama I haven't forgotten to write the delimma of Teijo but I had other stuff I wanted to vent and haven't got around to it. I would definitely write one before drama ends :D

• Like 15

Back.. so after I clicked X the streaming last night, I read your comments and review I'm not going to rewatch ep 15. Not sure the reason.. why this ep gave me confused feelings. Perhaps the editing or the rush scenes, because I don't hate any actor, I think LJK&IU chemistry is better than any other couples they had in the past projects. I feel like there is a need for more developement of their relationship, and 10 more episodes, 20 is not enough for the hole fallow history, developing feelings, falling in love, hating, bulding characters and their love stories etc.

I just expect so much more from this drama with this wonderful actors and great scenes and chemestry between them, love, war, drama, action what more can you ask?! But... yeah maybe they wanted to do so but weren't allowed..  

Waiting patiently for the next ep next week. 

And..

..DO YOU LOVE LJK OR NOT?!?!?! VOTE VOTE VOTE....

http://www.hallyuvote.com/face-off-battle.html

Check out the instrumental version of Jung Seung Hwan - Wind, it's brilliant! If you can't find it pm me and I'll give you the link to ddl. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, MiharuD said:

Back.. so after I clicked X the streaming last night, I read your comments and review I'm not going to rewatch ep 15. Not sure the reason.. why this ep gave me confused feelings. Perhaps the editing or the rush scenes, because I don't hate any actor, I think LJK&IU chemistry is better than any other couples they had in the past projects. I feel like there is a need for more developement of their relationship, and 10 more episodes, 20 is not enough for the hole fallow history, developing feelings, falling in love, hating, bulding characters and their love stories etc.

I just expect so much more from this drama with this wonderful actors and great scenes and chemestry between them, love, war, drama, action what more can you ask?! But... yeah maybe they wanted to do so but weren't allowed..  

Waiting patiently for the next ep next week. 

And..

Hide contents

..DO YOU LOVE LJK OR NOT?!?!?! VOTE VOTE VOTE....

http://www.hallyuvote.com/face-off-battle.html

Check out the instrumental version of Jung Seung Hwan - Wind, it's brilliant! If you can't find it pm me and I'll give you the link to ddl. 

I've been clicking the vote for 2 days but I can't succeed

16 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Maybe to much traffic on their server so they have to make 2 polls? But I can't access both polls. Don't know why. My internet connection is okay tho.

mine is ok though. just check. both polls are almost tie...hahaha..and we got like another 4 days...i think the numbers of voting may go to 2 millions..pheww...i notice there is a banner for face off between song hye kyo and IU ..maybe it will be on after SJK n LJK polls finishes.

Edited : sorry...it is not Song Hye kyo vs IU...it's Suzy vs IU...funny face off though...they should make it SHK vs IU ( DOTS vs ML)...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

If YH's main goal was to survive, she would have settled for marrying Yo from the beginning. If she married Yo, she would be safe if he becomes emperor. Other than Won or Wook, none of the other princes would have killed her or sent her off as a hostage if they had became king and she would be less likely to be sent as hostage bride if she was already married.

When Yo became king, YH wore the ring he gave her to show her alliance with him but he STILL sent her off as a hostage to the Khitan because he said that he couldn't fully trust her or her family after they (and especially Wook) had betrayed him. I do agree that a lot of what YH does is to survive but she has said before - "that she is also a woman". Although she may want to be at a place of (more) power, she was still tempted by her own desires, specifically her desire to be with So. I think that the reason why she didn't settle for marrying Yo in the beginning was because she was always curious about So - after all, she had been nursing a crush on him since forever. It's possible that she may have waited for So and then simply went to Yo when he became king because she was stuck - the man she wanted was in love with someone else and flat out refused her proposal while the brother who's supposed to protect her was totally willing to let her be Yo's because it served his purpose.

I'm not a fan of the character, but I do like the way Kang Hanna is portraying her.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, sandjh said:

'I didn't think IU and Lee Jun Ki would make a good pair at first but now their chemistry is amazing'

So agree with this comment. For me, this is LJK best partner pairing yet. I've watched a number of his other dramas and was not as invested in his other pairings as much as this...

Their chemistry is top notch :D 

I also find the same thing. Though he already acted with nam sang mi twice, his chemistry with iu is a lot better than with sang mi. Even in the cute scenes in the beginning of the gunman of joseon, their chemistry just didn't have that 'click' on me. With kim so eun in scholar who walks the night is actually better but they were not the main couple of that drama. With shin min ah, he was also good and cute but really, in this drama, he is just purely good and building his chemistry with iu greatly. Maybe some people feel that the chemistry between them is more like brother and sister but I find them to be so comfortable with each other thus, not only brother and sister but also as friends, family and lovers

• Like 17

3 hours ago, hana143 said:

I really want to see the scenes from SBS that were not the international version. I know many people have posted them here but I've been searching for almost an hour now and still couldn't find it... the pages growing so fast! Can someone please tell me which page are those scenes? Thanks 

You can refer to page 1 of this thread. our beloved mods have been awesomely compiling stuff shared throughout the thread on that page :)

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, ajul said:

what i heard, SBS more to KHN ... based on SBS response before this drama airing, junki fans called SBS before this drama airing 29 August about something (sorry i can't told the detail what they discuss here)  ... so i think they we give best actor to KHN not LJK

May I ask what is this about? Is this about award? I could not back read since the thread is moving super fast and so would appreciate if someone here care to explain. :)

And this drama really is unbelievably popular outside Korea. I try re-watching at Myasiantv and was blown away by the numbers. It topped the other Moon drama more than double of its viewership per day, per week and per month despite being simulcasted at various countries. I read on twitter that it topped the ratings in Taiwan. And Lee Joon Gi's IG followers increased by more than 100k in a span of 5 days. 

I think the only reason the domestic rating dropped on Monday was the result of a confusion over the broadcast date due to the baseball game. I am relieved that it gets back to promising rating as per previous week. 

Happy that this drama has accomplished so many and reaching the hearts of overseas audiences and I am looking forward to more good news in the nearest time.

• Like 5