[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@bbygjjang

I was abt to sleep but thouGht to read ur post and glad I did...

Ur explanation abt WW being Nice man but not Good man Is one perfect word to put for his character. And i could not help but to write somemore..

He Is nice.. very nicce at some places but he keeps his calculative side to near to his real self that prevents from becoming a good man for anyone. Why I say anyone.. I dont think he was ever good towards his own wife. His wife was at such stage of her disease and he had no Inkling of how serious she was, alL he eyyeing was HS (may be It was not shown him taking care of his wife). Like BA explained IN epi 5 to HS abt WW  and her Silent advancements towards each other So how a person Being pretended to be a nice man can Ignore his ailing wife and can eye another gal (sorry being harsh here but I was sad and Angry on WW. May be I am the only one feeling so..sorry IF other do not feel same way)

Might be tomorrrow IF he gets another gal whom he starts to likE he will do same with HS. He can decide what he wants to do but cant take action to get what he decided. I found him with less self determination to fight for what you want. May be cause of all family pressure. 

And cause of that only he cant pursue HS actively. He can surely eye her, can smile at her sily acts, can enjoy watching her but next moment he Is being asked to DO he'd back off. And this cant be love and only Infatuation... and even his eyes would do the same. Scene where he Is looking at HS making soap the moments his wife looks at him his eyes flutters as IF someone caught him red handed...thats not symptom of being In love.

WS acts and does not bother about who will say what. Be IT temple carnage or taking CP place during rituals. He listens his own HeArts voice and follows what It says to IGnore rest of the voices. He IS going to do same IN case of HS once he Asks his heart and gets response as ITa love. He gonna fight this world to be with her cause HS the only person let alone gal who looked IN his eyes without flinching for a second and at the same time she gives him what he starved all his life those words of care/concern/question. A small kid(and adult males too at home..they are just kids in bigger body) always carves his moms(and in case of adults from the female of their life they consider as imp as amother) care when he gets sick, concern when he IS suposed to be ready for something big and question once he gets back home. And she gives him al three Care by telling him his hands get wounded on stone piling scsne, concern when He IS abt to leave for palace and question abt the temple carnage on hill top. So whatever he has missed IN life she can give him all and that too with no expectation attached cause she has no feelings for him yet. And once those will be mutual a Nd loud aand clear these will take the world to be together.

Acting wise... I love IU and her Uniue expressions. She fits HSs role so well that I Cant think of anyone else playing IT

LJK... to expalin abt his acting would be showing lamp to the Sun. So ITs all understood and well acceoted How good actor he IS.

Side note... my cell has some wired problem all my Is are caps.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

Thoughts after spending time watching bts, interview, cover shooting and etcs:

If there's a report that IU breaking up with her boo and start going out with Kang Ha Neul I won't be surprised. That guy is clearly fall for her. No wonder he was able to deliver the role beautifully. His eyes in real life is no different from Wang Wook in drama whenever he saw her haha. Beside KHN is a sweet heart, his real personality is different from Wook.

I love the scene when they interview him, IU, LJK and Baekhyun and IU get the question who taking care of her the most among these princes. KHN suddenly busy cleaning up his pants and looking kind of down and jelous when IU picked LJK hahaha. 

I'm all for him not getting the girl in drama but getting her in real life. But I don't think the feeling is mutual or is IU just so good in hiding it? 

My fave OTP, fighting!

Oh my God.. Can LJK get any handsomer? His skin is insane and he looks like he pops out from a manga/manhwa. Those Goryeo robes and clothes only magnify it. I think W production should cast him to be Kang Chul but that would mean I can't see him in SHR so I take it back. He can switch between manly charm and boyish attraction easily. I nominated him to win the SK's Oscar. 

Monday is still far away in the horizon, eclipers. I guess we have to get by with what we have. 

IU already has a boyfriend but I did notice how KHN is always hovering over her in the parties and conferences etc. As for LJK's manga look, I thought the same as you that he would have been the perfect cast in W as Kang Chul. He could have done it because MLSHR is preproduced and he finished filming end of June, but he had many photoshoots on the schedule and other commitments.  Hope he finds another great character role soon. Waiting for his Chinese movie "Never Said Goodbye" to show up somewhere for streaming.

• Like 16

I don't know if anyone posted this yet and sorry if someone has :| 

In an interview with Toggle, Kang Ha Neul was asked:

Which actor is the most prince-like in real life? He chose Lee Junki.

If he could switch his body with another prince in the drama, who would it be? He chose Nam Joohyuk. (If I was a man, I would do the same *o* That man is goals.)

If he could bring a cast member back to Goryeo era, who would he bring? He chose IU. (So cuteeeeeeeeeee.)

Also, what is the best and worst part about being an actor? He talks about immersing yourself in the character and the pressures of leaving a good impression on viewers.

Here is the link to the video and article http://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/whats-buzzing/article/kang-ha-neul-every-moment-with-baek-hyun-and-ji-soo-was-fun-6660766, he explains each answer in more detail. :D

P.S. Let me know if I'm not supposed to post links like this one. I've read over the rules and it doesn't say I can't. However, in case I missed something, message me and I'll delete it. I don't wanna be reported. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, JadeL said:

I know Kang Ha Neul is not the lead, but I just LOVE him!!! I love this couple!!! 

OMO. Thank you @JadeL That video was just perfect -- the timing and transitions...the music. Okay...I am DEFINITELY on the SoSoo ship, but watching this....didn't they look just perfect together???  Okay. Back to work for me. Got enough of a SHR fix to continue. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 15

52 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

I don't think you'll find many missiles coming your way, always good to hear a discerning opinion. It's a study in contrasts that's for sure. Although I like both scenes equally. In Bu Bu Jing Xin they are walking together side by side ,treading new ground and it was 8th Prince who joined her. In Scarlet Heart Ryeo, she is following in his footsteps, afraid to break new ground but content for him to take the lead. You really can't make a parallel between the two, only in the most broadest sense. I wouldn't try to do that. But I thought the two scenes complimented one another in breathtaking beauty. That's why I posted them together. Other than that I wasn't thinking too deeply. dunno-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif 

Yes...... good observation..... one walking together.... TREADING NEW GROUND. The other ... following ... AFRAID TO BREAK NEW GROUND. I like that. He's quite the teasing Prince ..... almost cheeky. You gif making skills are good and you are prolific.... I always like their slow-move or jerky movement.

odHnvNt.gif

credit : owner

• Like 19

4 hours ago, MadraRua said:

And I just had to include the snow scene from Bu Bu Jing Xin with this.... it's so beautiful too

MOD EDIT: Don't quote images

New member, old lurker here. 

Wow the Chinese version seems much more serious than the Kdrama. I am glad they got IU on board and made the show a bit less serious as of now. IU makes me laugh with her antics.She is hilarious. This week's scene where she helps out 14th prince was so funny and my fav. I like how she is bonding with all the princes. No wonder princess is jealous of all the attention HS is getting.

I don't watch Chinese dramas at all. So the historic drama hairstyle for guys seems funny to me. Bald in front, long braid at back.No offence meant to any Chinese members or drama fans here.

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

Yes...... good observation..... one walking together.... TREADING NEW GROUND. The other ... following ... AFRAID TO BREAK NEW GROUND. I like that. He's quite the teasing Prince ..... almost cheeky. You gif making skills are good and you are prolific.... I always like their slow-move or jerky movement.

Prolific .... hmmm I'm not sure if that's good or bad LOL but I thank you anyway red-fox-emoticon-03.gif

Just a heads up for those who would like to create their own gifs but are not sure where to start, you can check out my tutorial

32 minutes ago, gobsmack said:

New member, old lurker here. 

Wow the Chinese version seems much more serious than the Kdrama. I am glad they got IU on board and made the show a bit less serious as of now. IU makes me laugh with her antics.She is hilarious. This week's scene where she helps out 14th prince was so funny and my fav. I like how she is bonding with all the princes. No wonder princess is jealous of all the attention HS is getting.

I don't watch Chinese dramas at all. So the historic drama hairstyle for guys seems funny to me. Bald in front, long braid at back.No offence meant to any Chinese members or drama fans here.

It's serious in parts but has it's lighter moments. But it definitely gets more serious towards the end. I'm waiting on tenterhooks for that in this version. Don't let the hairstyle put you off. You really don't notice it after a while, and while I'm not a huge chinese drama fan, Bu Bu Jing Xin is a stellar drama, well worth checking out. And welcome to the chat. hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Edit: To whoever updated the synopsis on this drama... LOVE IT... you even included Hae Soo smiley face :D:D:D 

WELCOME Eclipses ! \^0^/ ❤ Mon-Tue 11 PM KST ❤ Korean Adaptation of the Original Chinese novel 'Bu Bu Jing Xin/ The Scarlet Heart'. 

• Like 11

Hi guyss...At last I watched the ep 5 with eng sub! I really have to say It bothered me so much! when watching it I actually bothered by Soo and Wook relation. the way they act without thinking there is another woman in there. Actually I got angry to Hae Soo bc she was openly flirting with him without thinking the madame. ıts same for 8th prince. ıt is actually similar to what her best friend and her boyfriend did to her! but I liked how the story written like this. this story will also be her grown-up story...matured in mind and learn relations. sure ıt will also help her at modern era.

but of course Soo and Wook current love story is another disturbing matter. sure we have shippers and ıts normal bc they look like they are so much in love and in love pain. ıf you never know the story, you directly say 8th prince and the Soo are the destined ones bc she can't love another guy quickly while she is in love like this but she will fall in love with 4th prince and maybe some other princes too! thats actually the weirdest part of the story and I hope they make transitions so well than people won't make stupid comments like how her heart can change that quickly.

So and Hae Soo relation developing in a good speed. maybe her real love will be him bc like prince 4th said he will love someone who would love this ugly face, who would treasure him with what he have!...he will be her last and real love bc at this process she will learn to love someone with his lacking, she will learn to treasure someone's character more than his face! thats the true love and actually I think she sent to past for this reason!. learn about values and love. and maybe the things that she faced at modern era is actually related with this. thats why she lost her boyfriend to her best friend!...this is a training camp to her. and that astromony guy looks like he knows her..that was creepy and I think ıts gonna be so interesting to solve this mystery...

about YeonHwa, she is a snake...I thought she really have feelings for Wang So but her interest is actually make him love her with changing him to human..like she said I really like to turn a animal to a human!...she will never love him with this way and thats why WS and she can never be happy couple. he want someone like him with everything he have. 

and I felt really bad for madame..ahh she was a amazing woman. I'm sad she died. and Soo gave promise her about take caring 8th prince and so we know actually real Hae Soo will be end with 8th prince while Go Ha Jin will end with prince 4th reincarnated version at modern era..actually both woman and both man will find their fated ones. in past or modern era.

ahh and sorry for long essay! :rolleyes:

• Like 12

3 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Thoughts after spending time watching bts, interview, cover shooting and etcs:

If there's a report that IU breaking up with her boo and start going out with Kang Ha Neul I won't be surprised. That guy is clearly fall for her. No wonder he was able to deliver the role beautifully. His eyes in real life is no different from Wang Wook in drama whenever he saw her haha. Beside KHN is a sweet heart, his real personality is different from Wook.

Please pray that such a report never happens, the poor girl gets enough hate already for absolutely trivial reasons, imagine how much she'll get if netizens think she broke up with her boyfriend of almost 3 years for him..... I don't want her to get any more hate. If they date, let it be only if she breaks up with her bf (I don't wish for such a thing, her happiness comes first) and only a long time after that. And preferably with privacy so that they can date in peace and not get all kinds of comments.

but really, Kang Ha Neul's gaze when he looks at IU or poses with her is really just amazing. I saw his past dramas and he gives those melting looks to all his female costars in the dramas (Ha Yeon Soo in Monstar, Im Joo Eun and Kim Ji Won in Heirs, Nam Ji Hyun in Angel Eyes), but this time it really feels like he himself fell for IU a little bit and used that feeling to add to his performance as Wook.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Wendy Wang said:

What if during another eclipse, both Ha Jin and Wang So get transported back/to the 21st century O.O and wang so(who's name obviously won't be wang so since he'll be taking the body of his reincarnation)? So basically the C-version ending will be added, but this time, Wang So does recognize Hae Soo in the future~~

I've thought of this before too and would be happy if this happened. lol.

For those shipping IU and KHN in real life (and hoping IU breaks up with her boyfriend for KHN. lol), sorry to disappoint, but IU has stated she does not like handsome or sexy men for boyfriends. That's not her type. And, let's face it, KHN is a handsome fella. lol. :P (And that eliminates LJG too, for those shipping LJG and IU.) Hahaha.

• Like 13

20 hours ago, atsu-chan said:

I'm a fan of the novel, which I loved to bits and pieces. 

Did anybody else feel that 13th and 14th's roles were switched in this version? Because in the novel, 13th and Ruoxi were soulmates while 14th and Ruoxi basically bickered their way through. Here, it feels like Hae Soo has a sort of instant camaraderie with 14th, but doesn't see eye to eye with 13th? Also, 14th feels more free spirited here too. And also:

Reveal hidden contents

In the novel, Ruoxi died in 14th's arms, and in the trailer, there was a picture with Soo and 13th sitting together, both dressed in white, in a similar pose as the C-drama. 

Also, is anybody else disappointed by the fact that Hae Soo doesn't remember her Korean history? I thought one of the main charms of Ruoxi (in both novel and drama) was that she remembered history and tried her best to make it work to her advantage, but in the end it was her knowledge of history that propelled the fallout between the princes.

Reveal hidden contents

In the novel, 8th told Ruoxi that he wouldn't have even thought of fighting with 4th until Ruoxi told him when they "broke up" and ultimately, it was her knowledge of the future that caused tragedy to happen, even though she was using her knowledge to try and protect 8th. The irony.

About the second point, I understand they are using the chinese version as a guide for the storyline. And since I am still a little confuse, Jun ki's character does become the king (historical sense) is that correct?

So there is some history behind how he becomes king? very much like the c-drama?

it is just that in the c drama there was no hint of princes trying to kill other prince right? like how HJH's character and his mother are trying to kill the crown prince?

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

okay, I type these really fast, so first I'd like to aologize if there must be many wrong spellings and grammatical errors here... lol

so, I've finished episode 5 last night. and yaaa... I love this this moon lovers more and more and wanting for mon-tue to come faster....

one question

* the princes and princess Yeon Hwa are the children of the same father right? the king. But why does it seem like YH likes her brother, which is the 4th prince. And it clearly showed that she wants him to be her mate candidate. When the 2nd prince said that she'd have a hard time forever to look the uglly face of him and she better choose someone like him who can make her to be the queen. My point is, in that period, goeryo time, marry your siblings is okay? is that so? or did I interpret it wrongly???

Well, after 4th prince wife death, the preview showed that HS will marry, it looks like she'll run away with 4th rince... hmmm.... can't waittt...

yaaa... I love the cinematography of this drama.... and the ost as well... great.... hope the story is getting better... just want to sshare, I originally updated myself about this drama from drama recap sites, some of the earlier comments are negatie, but the more they give negative things it always makes me so curious to prove it right or wrong based on my judgment... and they proved wrong, this drama is great, the casts did their acting great. I hope it keeps being this good till it ends... well despite of the original that might be already predictable that many are already knew... I hope this remake can do much more better and well, lets say they can change or improvise a bit as long as it good, I dn't mind...

okay enough comment, will save it for later....

almost forgot... I love every scene that include HS with the princess... anyway so far... from ep 1 - 5 I havent hit any ffd button to skip scenes like I did with other dramas... lol

@stargazer187 First, WELCOME!!! We're so glad you've decided to join us, and so happy that you love the drama A LOT. Many of us feel the same way.

So to answer your question, YES, it was acceptable practice at this time for family to intermarry in order to retain political power.

Also...just in case...want to clarify that it was 3rd Prince who insulted 4th prince Wangso saying he was ugly, and said that he would be the better candidate for marriage.

Finally, it was actually 8th prince's wife who passed away at the end of the 5th episode.

Have a feeling those were just typed wrong in your rush to post. We look forward to your insights and expressing yourself often!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

okay, I type these really fast, so first I'd like to aologize if there must be many wrong spellings and grammatical errors here... lol

so, I've finished episode 5 last night. and yaaa... I love this this moon lovers more and more and wanting for mon-tue to come faster....

one question

* the princes and princess Yeon Hwa are the children of the same father right? the king. But why does it seem like YH likes her brother, which is the 4th prince. And it clearly showed that she wants him to be her mate candidate. When the 2nd prince said that she'd have a hard time forever to look the uglly face of him and she better choose someone like him who can make her to be the queen. My point is, in that period, goeryo time, marry your siblings is okay? is that so? or did I interpret it wrongly???

Well, after 4th prince wife death, the preview showed that HS will marry, it looks like she'll run away with 4th rince... hmmm.... can't waittt...

yaaa... I love the cinematography of this drama.... and the ost as well... great.... hope the story is getting better... just want to sshare, I originally updated myself about this drama from drama recap sites, some of the earlier comments are negatie, but the more they give negative things it always makes me so curious to prove it right or wrong based on my judgment... and they proved wrong, this drama is great, the casts did their acting great. I hope it keeps being this good till it ends... well despite of the original that might be already predictable that many are already knew... I hope this remake can do much more better and well, lets say they can change or improvise a bit as long as it good, I dn't mind...

okay enough comment, will save it for later....

almost forgot... I love every scene that include HS with the princess... anyway so far... from ep 1 - 5 I havent hit any ffd button to skip scenes like I did with other dramas... lol

YH is half sister of WS (different mother, same father)

in that period (Goeryo), they can marry your siblings 

WS also marrried his niece (2nd of King Goeryo) because the princess maybe the one of to lift the curse & the king need transform his life. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

About the second point, I understand they are using the chinese version as a guide for the storyline. And since I am still a little confuse, Jun ki's character does become the king (historical sense) is that correct?

So there is some history behind how he becomes king? very much like the c-drama?

it is just that in the c drama there was no hint of princes trying to kill other prince right? like how HJH's character and his mother are trying to kill the crown prince?

@kaoriharang Yes, Wangso, aka  Gwangjong, was indeed the fourth king of Goryeo. One of our chingu on the thread may correct me, but there doesn't seem to be documentation that supports any manipulation by him to secure the throne. Like 4th in the c-version, however, he was known for squashing his political rivals and creating an atmosphere of fear.

It's my recollection in the C-version, that none of the princes actively sought to harm each other. 

• Like 9