[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@kaoriharang Yes, Wangso, aka  Gwangjong, was indeed the fourth king of Goryeo. One of our chingu on the thread may correct me, but there doesn't seem to be documentation that supports any manipulation by him to secure the throne. Like 4th in the c-version, however, he was known for squashing his political rivals and creating an atmosphere of fear.

It's my recollection in the C-version, that none of the princes actively sought to harm each other. 

Hello! :) I think in the C-version, the princes mostly tried to outsmart each other - every move they made was calculated to bring them maximum advantage  - more of a war of the brains than anything, I'd say... Here it's more physical and consequences are more than house arrest - it's bloody and life or death...:tears:

• Like 10

@hiluna Good one! That scene is really heartbreaking; he tries to be a good son to his mother, but his mom just ignored him. And also when his mom pushed him away to tend 14th, while he's the one who save him. Also previously when King was worried about Crown Prince [during the ritual] when So is the one that got hurt. Referring to the long trailer, there will be more heartbreaks coming :bawling: Happy ending for So, please, DramaGods

#SaveSo2016 

At this rate, the notion 'I hate Monday' is no longer applicable. Monday and Tuesday are most awaited days in a week :heart: 

It's only been a day (or so), I need episode 6 now, my goodness...

Should I find an eclipse somewhere, drunk ajusshi rambling nonsense and a pond where I can jump, so that suddenly it's Monday again?

• Like 14

9 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@dhia205

here you go...see if its visible to you...

just bouquet...he deserve something bigger to show us heveanly beauty..

aiuuuhhh... you are so mean... that view is a crime.. look so delicious eh?? :w00t:

• Like 8

Forgot to mention that I like the fact that Wang So is drawn to and is friendly with both the 21st century ppl, ie HS and the astronomer. I like the friendship between astronomer and Wang So. But it might also be that the astronomer who knows WS will be the king and siding with him. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

one question

* the princes and princess Yeon Hwa are the children of the same father right? the king. But why does it seem like YH likes her brother, which is the 4th prince. And it clearly showed that she wants him to be her mate candidate. When the 2nd prince said that she'd have a hard time forever to look the uglly face of him and she better choose someone like him who can make her to be the queen. My point is, in that period, goeryo time, marry your siblings is okay? is that so? or did I interpret it wrongly???

Sorry for cutting your post.

I kinda believe that YH likes So. She and So have the same father, but different moms... and So was adopted/exiled with the Kangs family. So yeah, they are basically siblings. 

Gee, bet it is so complicated to live in those times, because siblings and cousins marry each other. Not only in Goryeo, I think. Some European monarch did the same thing in the past in order to protect the throne from outsiders. 

• Like 10

I am watching some episodes the C-version ramdomly :) and I can say that it looks like the same but with different feeling. In C-ver all the actors look mature,calm and serious but K-ver all the actors not so childish but not so mature also...and looks more fun.

Their hair style really distract me... I don't know if I can keep watching it :( 

• Like 15

24 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@kaoriharang Yes, Wangso, aka  Gwangjong, was indeed the fourth king of Goryeo. One of our chingu on the thread may correct me, but there doesn't seem to be documentation that supports any manipulation by him to secure the throne. Like 4th in the c-version, however, he was known for squashing his political rivals and creating an atmosphere of fear.

It's my recollection in the C-version, that none of the princes actively sought to harm each other. 

thanks for helping me along. So if lets say in the case of moon lovers, maybe the whole knowledge of knowing the history may not count so much compared to ruo xi in the c-version.

and as for the internal fighting and stuff, since it differs from the c-version. i think we can expect a complete different outline more or less? Am i right to say this? And just for clarify the role of that princess YH isit? the sister of the 8th prince, there was never such a character in the c version am i right?

To be honest, if this drama had followed really exactly like the c-version i would have been disappointed myself. I get the idea of using the novel/c-version as a template, but ultimately it has to be uniquely korean.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

My point is, in that period, goeryo time, marry your siblings is okay? is that so? or did I interpret it wrongly???

Yeah, it was okay during Goryeo times. Aside of being an adaptation of the chinesse novel, this drama is also based on the Wang Royal Family who where korean historical figures. We searched about the historical figures and that's why we know the different princes had royal intermarriages with her sisters, nieces, etc. Not only one…many. But that's history, and the drama is different. History is already altered to present a love story. 

Welcome to the thread. ^_^

• Like 13

2 hours ago, matchacake said:

Please pray that such a report never happens, the poor girl gets enough hate already for absolutely trivial reasons, imagine how much she'll get if netizens think she broke up with her boyfriend of almost 3 years for him..... I don't want her to get any more hate. If they date, let it be only if she breaks up with her bf (I don't wish for such a thing, her happiness comes first) and only a long time after that. And preferably with privacy so that they can date in peace and not get all kinds of comments.

but really, Kang Ha Neul's gaze when he looks at IU or poses with her is really just amazing. I saw his past dramas and he gives those melting looks to all his female costars in the dramas (Ha Yeon Soo in Monstar, Im Joo Eun and Kim Ji Won in Heirs, Nam Ji Hyun in Angel Eyes), but this time it really feels like he himself fell for IU a little bit and used that feeling to add to his performance as Wook.

Woaa chilled out. How is my comment get entangled with IU getting hate comment because her involvement with KHN? Am I a SK reporter? Do my comment will reach out to SK and those knetz will based upon it to hating on IU?

Like I've stated before, I don't think that feeling is mutual. What probably KHN feeling might not be the same with what IU's feeling if judging the way they look at each other. It's just my private hope. I don't think it would bring any harm to IU. I too wish her only happiness.

I apologized for IU's fans who feel offended but sometimes I want to dream a delusional one. Is it not allowed anymore? Geez...

• Like 10

I'm not sure if anyone wrote about this yet, but I'm very very curious as to what will happen between Wang Wook and Hae Soo. I get that they both locked up their feelings (seen through the soap and the poem), but I wonder if WW's mom (the other empress, don't really recall her last name) will follow through with HS's cousin's request (accepting HS as WW's wife). I wonder if WW and HS will actually end up getting married but I doubt it, but I'm still curious as to what will happen between the two. I guess this makes time and room for WS to shine! (I need some more moments with WW and HS though...) Also I was dying when they were trying to decipher that emoji HS drew. It was a great scene omf. Looking forward to next week though! (Why is HS wearing all the fancy head gear that only the empresses/royal family seem to wear?) 

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Yeah, it was okay during Goryeo times. Aside of being an adaptation of the chinesse novel, this drama is also based on the Wang Royal Family who where korean historical figures. We searched about the historical figures and that's why we know the different princes had royal intermarriages with her sisters, nieces, etc. Not only one…many. But that's history, and the drama is different. History is already altered to present a love story. 

Welcome to the thread. ^_^

1st time i heard that  during those days you can marry your siblings  ..  it happened during Goryeo?    maybe i should watch more sageuks

• Like 7

actually i'm no idea & not understand. almost Korean drama fans can't accept SH got a very poor rating (even it's just a number) from a few boring drama & didn't attracted people. compared with SH, this drama not only so good but very2 hits outside of Korean too. why it's happen to SH drama? 

• Like 7

I love reading everyone insights!! It adds meaning and colour ti watching the show. 

tumblr_od4iklNRop1r2i7yko1_400.gif

credit: y-okan.tumblr

I like how the script let us down for the soo and wook relationship... Afterall it has been a build up for 5 eps. The most important line for me was lady hae saying both wook and soo were FOOLS. I inferred that she has approached wook abt this again and his reply was lady hae was his wife and thats it. I dont think he would deny his feelings for hae soo but rather focus on his wife. 

I felt that this was a good script as lady hae can leave this world at peace knowing both closest to her honoured her despite their feelings and also despite her support for them. This is extremely important... Can u imagine they got together infront of her in her last moments even if it is just to show her? I wouldnt bare to watch the show. I like lady hae. 

also thanks to 13th... The boundaries are iron clad. From now on we can surmised the 8th will be the one hankering for hae soo but she would have moved on... 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, lavender2love said:
  Reveal hidden contents

odHnvNt.gifUmjbkKF.gif

iQQjP6a.gifx1M0RSM.gif

Hi @MadraRua ...Your bringing back the snow scene from BBJX just jolted me..... and then the snow scene from MLSH transported me back to Goreyeo times. Only the pure white snow is the common factor .  From the very first episode of  ML, I have decided that it is perilous to make a parallel of the 2 dramas. Got to watch ML in a very Korean context, ( BBJX is history steeped , the Palace is a place of intrigues and is deadly. You don't mess with Emperor Kangxi. Rouxi is incomparable ) MLSH ( sorry to hurt anyone's feelings, is feather weight light. The name Scarlet Heart shouldn't be named in the same breath... vast difference in so many areas. Personal opinion only so hold your horses .... < dodging missiles >

I've to knock my head to remind me to watch it as a Korean drama. J  U  S  T    W  A  T  C  H     IT.... and enjoy it as an entertaining drama, with all it's impressive cinematography, pretty pretty looks, closeups of the same pretty pretty boys which are breathtaking . Korean film makers are so good at making dramas which enthrall using all the tropes to captivate. Even the OST kills. Has this drama hit the roof yet? It is under rated methinks. 

Oh, since I'm here to support LJK .... let me wave to @willenette. Your boy is shattering hearts...  Someone just posted this. (my first drama of him ) But..but ..but.. why is he looking like The Phantom Of The Opera ? His looks is wasted here or perhaps it's to give it an aura of mystery and mask his potential ability to destroy his enemies in a flash. Hail to the future King.

15 Sexy real-life photos of Lee Joon Ki that will give you a heart attack

credit : owner

Hi lavender2love, so NICE to know & I'm glad that you are watching & love this drama. Thanks for supporting - as you said - my boy, your 1st first exposure to Lee jun ki… He is indeed making many hearts shattered. And soon...............I guess, yours, too - hahaha. You'll be drawn to him instantly. He really puts emotion into his characters to any roles he plays. But, I couldn't agree with you more - "his look is wasted here" since he's wearing a face mask. He is - so identity is easy to hide. But, LJK looks great with the mask. This drama looks promising. The story started out strong. The martial arts are loads of fun to watch. KHN seems like a nice guy but only time will tell. So many characters here that ahh.....it is so difficult to remember their names. I like the OST. I wonder will Lee Joon Ki contribute to the soundtrack. :P

• Like 12

The incestuous relationship also happened between Pharaohs...I read a fiction once based on the facts..it sure is quite uncomfortable to get used to..lol.But what's interesting is that it's still allowed in some other countries..but let's not get into that.Though this will be not much a bother later cause So would only have eyes for Suu lol .Also the evil brother sort of has taken a likeliness to YH...so So has got a competition there. 

@MadraRua Thanks for the spoiler on Cha Ryung.Wow that was quite shocking for real. I do hope So gets two or three notch down in terms of his killing spree ..It's not a pleasant view watching his face all blooded and he declaring it out to whoever affront lol.As a lot have already talked about ...I too find the editing a bit abrupt since it's hard to see him in a light or comic conversation [with either Suu or the brothers].. after he is the one sending people in a panic mode. But still after all scarlet looks alright to me as I've not seen the original before. It helps to start on a fresh ground without any expectations.On a different note, both moonlight and moon lovers are good at their own terms.It's just wrong how media are sending these two off to a heated war for their own benefits lol.Both are quality dramas and would have share of audience who have different taste in shows.

• Like 11