[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I thought the 5th episode was the best up till now, even though it considerably lacked WS screentime. I don't mind though (yet). He and Hs as a couple will have their time to shine. The editing and the music was so much better. Everything was connected and fluid -except the snow, when did it snow that much? there's some inconsistency with the weather or the passing of the time is not projected onto the screen well, I don't know. Anyhow, I did cry at the end, and I NEVER cry watching K-dramas! Usually the British dramas are the faucet openers for me lol. The show is becoming a very meaty drama as the plot progresses. I worry that the withdrawal will be heavy with this one sigh..

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

I think she died of a broken heart. Wang Wook was an exemplary husband, between them was understanding and respect but she knew he didn't love her. It is hard to live next to a person who don't share your feelings. And Lady Hae was a person full of love and sensitivity. The thought she's not beloved made her sick. At least that's what I think until we have other explanations. (If we will have them). Probably chapter Lady Hae is already closed.

And may be WW and  HS's betrayal (the two people she cherishes the most and she gave so much to both of them) accelerated the whole process ...as it is well known that psychology of the patient  can be a crucial factor in their healing or  worsening as in the case of Lady Hae...she said to HS 'you're both so foolish!!!" before she dies 

• Like 10

Hello Moon Lovers.

DramaFever has put up another poll on their Twitter page.

They want us to choose our favorite drama among: Cinderella & Four Knights , Love 020, Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, and Jealousy Incarnate.

This is going to be a tough competition, I think - as all of these are very popular shows.

Right now SHR is in the lead with 52% followed by Cinderella in 2nd position and 31%, BUT  folks still have 23 more hours to vote.

And also, on Top shows of the week for DF, Scarlet Heart Ryeo ranked #4 (behind Cinderella, Love 020, and UF)

https://www.dramafever.com/news/weekly-top-10-k-dramas---september-6-2016/

If you can add a comment in support of SHR on the article, that would be great. Also, if you can watch on DF, please watch there.

SHR%200-DF-Poll-2_zpsl8zhdpei.png

Here is the link to the poll on DF twitter page, where the poll is.

https://twitter.com/dramafever

Lets all support our drama by voting for it.

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

@bebebisous33

I know right??

I'm just picturing his facial expressions when she hides his scar .... If he's not in love with her yet he will be then and if he is he'll fall in love all over again. ..... Oh Happy Day happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

In my opinion, when he allows her to take off his mask, he loves her already but doesn't realise it. He allows her to become "intimate" with him, although he doesn't get aware of it.happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif Notice that when he kisses her, he has no mask and he is walking in the daylight. Besides the kiss he gives her looks so innocent, it looks definitely like a first kiss. IT is short and you can sense that he is very anxious to do it. But okay, that's my interpretation. I guess, we will have to wait for the episode 8 or 9 for this.:tears:

I know that some people complain that Hae Soo is not like the heroine from the C-drama as she doesn't know her History very well. But honestly, I am a History teacher myself and I can say that it is pretty normal if people don't know the chronology of all the kings and their wives and kids aso based on my experience. Besides, here in Germany and France, we don't teach History like that any longer. 

• Like 24

Image result for Scarlet Heart Ryeo episode 5Related imageRelated image

I'm not sure if it was the walking in the snow watching 8th prince Wang carrying his wife on his back.   Or the heartbreak of watching HS slowly and lovingly trying to bring color and life to her cousins face while tears are running down her own. That moved me the most.  IU continues to impress me more & more.  While softly placing the makeup taking her time to do her very best for she knew that although she wasn't her real cousin she had been a comfort to her someone always kind that looked after her.  In spite of the fact that she knew HS had feelings for her husband.  The kindness never stopped...

I think Lady Hae must have been part saint not only in how she treated others but the fact that she till the very end looked out and tried to not only make a way for HS to be with her husband.  But till the very end she loved him more, so much more that she wanted him to be happy with HS and to be loved and even the thoughts of a pillow for his head and rest for his heart were some of her last thoughts. I think her love was the purest kind selfless and a bit heavenly..

There was so much in this episode that I loved but there is something to be said for this episodes ending in watching HS following them in the snow how her heart must have been breaking knowing everything she knew and the pain she most likely felt she caused.  Prince WO feeling broken as well knowing this lovely woman on his back clinging to him and to life had loved him more than life itself.  But I think Lady Hae would have hurt the most knowing she had lost his heart even before she lost her life.  My favorite line was hearing Prince WO say to HS after hearing her crying to shh as to not wake up his wife from her sleep.  I loved how he kept on walking as if it was him paying respect to her wishes of walking with him in the snow.  The cold blanket of white snow beneath his steps and the peaceful stillness, yet the loss of life & love warmly wrapped around his shoulders.... :sweatingbullets:

I am back after watching epi5 with subs (FINALLY) I was supposed to right abt the episode but priority chnaged the moment I got  something as good as an article exclusively on LJK...

i got an article on dramafever which has some exceptional pics of Milky JunKi sshi (see i put that special adjective in bold)...

so I got something to have milky dreams to sleep with tonight (its almost 1am here)...and sharing with you all to wish a good Junki filled 4 days to all the junkie fellows... enjoy...

and yes do tell which if these are ur fav too...so we can be sure whcih pic made our heart beat fast..

absolute fav: 12

check all pics here: https://www.dramafever.com/news/15-sexy-real-life-photos-of-lee-joon-ki-that-will-give-you-a-heart-attack/

15 Sexy real-life photos of Lee Joon Ki that will give you a heart attack

Have you dived into the sea of Lee Joon Ki’s charms yet? If you’ve watched the fourth prince Wang So in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, you’ll know what we’re talking about! Lee Joon Ki is not just sexy, but most of all, he’s passionate about his craft, humble, and always diligent. “I still think that I’m lacking as an actor,” he said with an interview before the premiere of the drama. Let’s scroll down to reveal 15 sexy real-life photos of Lee Joon Ki from his Instagram that will give you a heart attack!

5b5341f7-a237-4170-91aa-379cb7351ed5.png

c4799f94-a7fd-4df3-a01e-32050d9b3ff5.png

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, when he allows her to take off his mask, he loves her already but doesn't realise it. He allows her to become "intimate" with him, although he doesn't get aware of it.happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif Notice that when he kisses her, he has no mask and he is walking in the daylight. Besides the kiss he gives her looks so innocent, it looks definitely like a first kiss. IT is short and you can sense that he is very anxious to do it. But okay, that's my interpretation. I guess, we will have to wait for the episode 8 or 9 for this.:tears:

I know that some people complain that Hae Soo is not like the heroine from the C-drama as she doesn't know her History very well. But honestly, I am a History teacher myself and I can say that it is pretty normal if people don't know when the chronology of all the kings and their wives and kids aso based on my experience. Besides, here in Germany and France, we don't teach History like that any longer. 

Sorry to join in ... I just came by and wish to ask - so you think he is not aware that he already started to love her? Or do you think that until now it is no love for him ... but more sympathy?

Sorry - go on :D

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Carmarie said:

Question:  In the C-version, did Ruoxi marry the 14th prince or just move into his household?  I have to watch those episodes again.

He married her. But the 4th did not registered their marriage that's why it is not recorded in history. I remembered Rouxi's servant commenting that the atmosphere inside the 14th's house doesn't seem like there's a wedding going on but he still put something outside the house even if the 4th prohibits him on doing so.

I agree that we shouldn't use Milky Couple because it was taken already. IU's character in Dream High and the guy from 2PM (sorry, i forgot his name) used that name. They are called Milky Couple because they both have milky white skin.

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I know that some people complain that Hae Soo is not like the heroine from the C-drama as she doesn't know her History very well. But honestly, I am a History teacher myself and I can say that it is pretty normal if people don't know when the chronology of all the kings and their wives and kids aso based on my experience. Besides, here in Germany and France, we don't teach History like that any longer. 

I have the same opinion. :)

• Like 12

52 minutes ago, mimi said:

I beg to differ with you :)   HS may be 16 years in Goreyo but she is an adult in the modern world... I think there were plenty of scenes showing how she has a least a crush on WW and that she's totally aware that WW is falling in love with her and she has been enjoying it albeit with a little guilt towards her unni. Ironically she is the one betraying her unni.

Thank you for your insight.  You are right, she is an adult in the modern world.  I disagree on one point, I do think that in the beginning Soo tried to deny her feelings.  She also heard Lady Hae tell Wang Wook to take another wife. That is love.  Lady Hae, knew he had feeling for Soo; knew that she could not give him children or long term happiness, give her permission for him to take another wife. I think once Soo heard that, she (wrongly) giver herself permission to like the 8th Prince.  However, I do not think Soo would have become his wife, even if he asked her, as long as Lady Hae was living. 

However, I do agree that Hae-Soo was worst than her friend because the 8th Prince was married and Lady Hae was so kind  Why fan the fire, when you know your actions is going to hurt another, especially one that has been so caring towards you. As stated by Valsava, Wook would have kept their situation unchanged: flirting next to his wife. (Some behaviors are the same 1000 years later), I do not think Wook wanted another wife, but he would not mind playing on the side.

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Sorry to join in ... I just came by and wish to ask - so you think he is not aware that he already started to love her? Or do you think that until now it is no love for him ... but more sympathy?

Sorry - go on :D

@bbygjjang Welcome to our thread !! The more, the merrier, the better!! smileys Like you, I don't care about the ratings at all. It doesn't say anything about the quality.

@Mau_Cherry So to your question: I don't think, he loves her yet. Yes, he likes her but from my point of view, he just sees her as his ally, friend and companion. Since he hasn't been much in contact with women, especially when you think, that he used to scare people away. I believe, he has no idea that he is attracted to her. There is already this physical attraction (he keeps touching her or coming closer to her face). The last move has almost become a habit. In the last episode, we saw the way he touched her head and it looked more like the gesture of a friend, nonetheless he kind of hugged her too so that he doesn't love her yet, but he is on his way there. Finally, the fact he mentioned that he wanted a wife who would love him despise his scar shows that he has started thinking about it.   

• Like 21

51 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

Thank you for your insight.  You are right, she is an adult in the modern world.  I disagree on one point, I do think that in the beginning Soo tried to deny her feelings.  She also heard Lady Hae tell Wang Wook to take another wife. That is love.  Lady Hae, knew he had feeling for Soo; knew that she could not give him children or long term happiness, give her permission for him to take another wife. I think once Soo heard that, she (wrongly) giver herself permission to like the 8th Prince.  However, I do not think Soo would have become his wife, even if he asked her, as long as Lady Hae was living. 

However, I do agree that Hae-Soo was worst than her friend because the 8th Prince was married and Lady Hae was so kind  Why fan the fire, when you know your actions is going to hurt another, especially one that has been so caring towards you. As stated by Valsava, Wook would have kept their situation unchanged: flirting next to his wife. (Some behaviors are the same 1000 years later), I do not think Wook wanted another wife, but he would not mind playing on the side.

Agreed Carmarie...One little point: Lady Hae may have given her permission (her good)   but deep down she was  hurt  and  her friend the 14th prince was aware of it  and we get  glimpses of it throughout the show including at the end when she asks SH if she liked WW and she says "You're both foolish."   HS immediately taking interest into WW's crush on her was written as though she had not gone through such a devastating betrayal experience herself  right before moving to Goreyo and that  gap in the writing makes her behavior  looks so awful in my opinion at least...especially that she is not accustomed to Goreyo values and just because the wife wanted to divorce doesn't mean she had license to go ahead and respond to WW's crush on her...

• Like 14

8 hours ago, hiluna said:

Don't take it to heart, it really was a beautiful death scene and I for one think it really gave Wook and Soo a pause for thought and an end to their relationship, although we will have to see next Monday if it really cooled down for them both.

Yea, now I'm all chill out.. I guess that heart wrenching scene + being caught by Baek Ah is a "period" by the heavens. I really hope.. So, hurry your way behind the game :D

• Like 11

18 hours ago, irilight said:

My mind can barely grasp these numbers. Pretty amazing to me....

yep. and as we have discussed earlier, the ratings are based on a very small percentage of the population that have ratings boxes installed in their homes. I think I read it was less than 5% of the population.

It is really an antiquated system, that needs to be revamped. 

And that is another reason why I request that folks respond to DramaFever articles with comments, or at least "Awesome" click, as well as the polls. DramaFever putting out these articles to gauge how much interest and support there is for the drama from international fans.

And that is also another good reason to watch the trailers or BTS, or what have you, on Naver. Naver counts the number of views, and it goes towards CPI ratings.   When we watch on YT, we like it, but it does not do anything for the drama, in terms of supporting it. Only when we show interest on Korean media it goes towards CPI ratings.

Youku view count is now 576,079,560 and this is only one day after ep 5.

(keep in mind that right after ep 4 @LyraYoo posted that the youku view count was 400 million...this is 176 million views in just 2 days!)

I wish the tv ratings were higher so the cast and especially Jun Ki oppa don't feel bad about it. But it's definitely doing well in China.

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@bbygjjang Welcome to our thread !! The more, the merrier, the better!! smileys Like you, I don't care about the ratings at all. It doesn't say anything about the quality.

@Mau_Cherry So to your question: I don't think, he loves her yet. Yes, he likes her but from my point of view, he just sees her as his ally, friend and companion. Since he hasn't been much in contact with women, especially when you think, that he used to scare people away. I believe, he has no idea that he is attracted to her. There is already this physical attraction (he keeps touching her or coming closer to her face). The last move has almost become a habit. In the last episode, we saw the way he touched her head and it looked more like the gesture of a friend, nonetheless he kind of hugged her too so that he doesn't love her yet, but he is on his way there. Finally, the fact he mentioned that he wanted a wife who would love him despise his scar shows that he has started thinking about it.   

So I wonder who will be right - this time I see it different. I believe it is hard for him to trust a Woman will love him the way he is - and we know how often he asked Hae Soo why she is not afraid ... but on the other Hand - I beliieve he knows his own Heart. He started to love her in the Snow Scene - and him repeating her words in StarGazers --- EX Room was wonderful.

He kows very well what kind of woman he wish for - and can we really say that he had no Lovers with the Kang Family before. Not Love - but Lovers.. The wild Guy is attraktive to a few Woman (me for example. ^^)

I think real love and extremly really beloved is new for him. But right now he don´t have to deal with that - she is not in love with him. (now - I wish it to start sooooon) but the way I see it - him falling for her has started.

The Way he tease her and comes near to her  don´t give me the feeling that he never came nearer to a woman. But he specialy loves to to tease her now.

You know - I believe we have not the right time feeling .. .not sure how to say that. I believe in real Hae Soo had to bring the Breakfast to Wang So a few times - not that often but more than one. Why else would she say I con´t have to bring you the Breakfast anymore. It feels like there is a Scene missing which had let us know that they met a few times over it.

It would make it more clear too why WW fall so deep for her - it  did not happen in the short time we feel it - but he had to fight against it since longer - and finaly lost - extremly when he knows her in danger.

The trouble is that the Drama will let us through a long period of time - so they can´t show it all in Details.

• Like 15