[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 minute ago, iupilsuklover said:

Guys, I hope the negative comments don't bother you too much. I am already happy that I get to watch this drama with all of these actors/actresses that I love. You guys are also showing so much love and support for the drama. Reading your comments alone makes the experience 10x better. Just knowing that so many people share the same feelings as I do for the drama is amazing. I'm sure the actors/actresses would feel very warm knowing you guys are giving it so much love. You guys are the ones that keep them going and the ones who make their efforts worthwhile. Although it may seem hard for the fans and maybe even the actors/actresses to ignore the ratings and negative comments that are hot right now, it is still too early to be so emotionally invested in them. Take it with a grain of salt, since there is still so much more to see.

Dun worry. I like IU a lot so I won't even read the bad comments! ;)

2 minutes ago, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

Yes

Thank you. I won't be dissapointed then !!! :) 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, briseis said:

Don't be upset by the lower ratings. First of all it's useless - the taste of Korean audience very often differs from what the international audience prefers. There is no way we can help the ratings and anyway it's still early days to say how the drama will fare. The ratings shows that there is a rising trend and episode 2 will reveal more. The thing is THE DRAMA IS EPIC AND OBJECTIVELY GREAT! AND THE RATINGS WON't CHANGE THAT! Many great dramas had trouble get past the 10% mark but they are legendary anyway ; look at Healer, It's OK It's Love (which was accidently shot by the ML PD), Sungkyunkwan Scandal or Story of a Man. We have the advantage that ML is fully pre-produce so we don't have to worry about liveshooting and drop of quality because the producers would try cattering to the audience by changing the script. LET'S BE ALL POSITIVE AND ENJOY THIS GEM OF A DRAMA.

By the way, Dramafever subs for episode 1 are out.

After watching episode 1and 2 raw, I have a lot of questions. Waiting for subs is driving me crazy Chingu's.  

@Mau_Cherry .... chingu, enjoy the drama and ignore the Korean audiences. We all have different taste and watching a drama you love without caring what other thinks helps you (the viewer) love and enjoy it more. Well said  @briseis  I agree enjoying the drama is more important because what really matters is if you enjoyed the drama , the storyline, if the actors did a great job at making you believe it the story they are telling us. Your right lots of drama don't make it past 10% mark and become very popular later on. 

• Like 6

Phuuu I´m very relieved that I gave up waiting for the subs for Epi. 2... I would not be able to sleep If I had try to hold on... STill not there... Omo...

I soo wish to see it now... I´m counting hours again... and I fear I will be to late to watch it today on Air - okay I know I can´t make it today.

I´m very sad to read all the negativ comments. Even I feared it will be like that I still hoped to be wrong. And I don´t understand the voices. Why is is so importend for People out there using harsh words and harm others without paying respect. I wish they could concentrate on there lifes - not on the "fun" to destroy others. Must be hard for the Actors.

I wait for Part 3 of this EPIC Drama. Am I biased... Maybe - when it comes to Joon Gi (he deserve it!) - but not for all the other.

• Like 9

Hello! I just started this drama, due to my love for the original Chinese version.

I really like it so far! Be still my beating heart, 8th prince, once again! 

I was wondering if anyone had found english subtitles for episode 2 yet? Thanks in advance! 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, iupilsuklover said:

Guys, I hope the negative comments don't bother you too much. I am already happy that I get to watch this drama with all of these actors/actresses that I love. You guys are also showing so much love and support for the drama. Reading your comments alone makes the experience 10x better. Just knowing that so many people share the same feelings as I do for the drama is amazing. I'm sure the actors/actresses would feel very warm knowing you guys are giving it so much love. You guys are the ones that keep them going and the ones who make their efforts worthwhile. Although it may seem hard for the fans and maybe even the actors/actresses to ignore the ratings and negative comments that are hot right now, it is still too early to be so emotionally invested in them. Take it with a grain of salt, since there is still so much more to see.

correct TOO EARLY

They aired 2 episode ... still have 18 episode to go!!!

cheer up. i hope we stop compared the other drama ... both drama deserved got a higher rating.

we should appreciated their efforts & give our 100% support.

• Like 7

Review: It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't exactly amazing either. What I liked about this drama was that everything is visually tasteful. Everyone likes a pretty drama! There were some great emotional moments and some epic acting scenes. BUT..... It may be because it's pre-produced and heavily advertised and hyped but it felt a little disapointing. I felt like most of the acting was at most ok besides Lee Jun Ki who was amazing. The editing felt choppy, and I felt that for a pre-produced drama, it should be a little better. The OST were also a problem, not in the music itself but the scenes it was played in. It felt sorta forced. However, I'll still watch it, and see how things go! I think this drama has a lot of potential if they just fix up the choppy editing and awkward OST moments. In addition IU's acting is weak for a leading lady, but it's not like she studied to be an actor. Her acting isn't terrible but it's not great either. I especially have an issue when she opens her eyes really wide at times to convey an expression. Baekhyun isn't the best actor either, but saeguk dramas aren't easy for rookies, plus he's not a professional actor. Overall, it's not terrible but not great either but time will tell how the drama will succeed or not!

• Like 6

I watched ep 1+2 and I think this drama is quiet good... I watched 2 ep and didn't stop...

I watch other similar saeguk drama just few minutes from ep 1, I stop because its too childish. the lead actress is too young.

I watch lets fight ghost, it is also little bit childish but enjoyable... the age difference of the leads is ok and look good.

Looking from the ratings I think doctor's viewer go to watch moonlight.... but sorry, It is not my taste..

• Like 6

2 hours ago, minmar said:

@qwenli  :lol:  Yes...what is it about a man on a horse that seems so sexy?  Is the masterful way he rides?  We could probably check Freud for the meaning of that visual. :w00t:

omo, I never thought about it from a Freudian point of view. lol.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, picadrama said:

Hello! I just started this drama, due to my love for the original Chinese version.

I really like it so far! Be still my beating heart, 8th prince, once again! 

I was wondering if anyone had found english subtitles for episode 2 yet? Thanks in advance! 

I never watch the chinese version yet I'm so hooked into this version right away...I'm going to search fo the chinese version for sure....but if there's okay can someone PM me who is going to be the king from all those princes?? thanks

• Like 7

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, episode 1

Spoiler

WE57680938_ori

There’s been A LOT of publicity around Scarlet Heart: Ryeo and I admit to being caught up in a bit of it.  I also admit that my main reason for wanting to see this series is to watch Lee Joon Gi (이준기), currently my favorite Korean actor.

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo is a remake of the Chinese version of Scarlet Heart.  As I understand it, the Korean version has the same basic plot line as the Chinese version, but is set in the beginnings of the Goryeo Dynasty (which was founded in 918 CE by King Taejo).  There is no secret, though, that the producers of Scarlet Heart: Ryeo will be taking a lot of creative license in the program.  It will be interesting to see just how much they will rewrite history.

I’m watching Scarlet Heart: Ryeo on Drama Fever (dramafever.com).  This is the Drama Fever synopsis of episode 1:
“After seemingly drowning in the present day, Ha Jin wakes up in the Goryeo era, assuming the body of Lady Hae Soo. The princes of the palace nervously await the return of their brother, 4th Prince Wang So.”

My initial reaction to episode 1 was a typical reaction: I felt it was a bit over dramatic.  I feel this way quite often when it comes to korean dramas, but in this case, I think the producers of Scarlet Heart: Ryeo were attempting to solidify the characteristics of certain characters in the series.

The episode focused mainly on Ha Jin finding herself in the body of some young woman named Lady Hae Soo and on Prince Wang So, the 4th out of 10 princes (King Taejo was quite prolific, it seems).  Prince Wang So is feared by just about everyone.  I’d fear him, too.  He kills a horse with his sword within just a few minutes of being introduced into the story.

Lee Joon Gi (이준기)’s portrayal of Prince Wang So is a little bit over the top, right now, but knowing this actor’s talents, I’m sure the portrayal will smooth out fairly soon.  I’ve never been disappointed by his acting, overall.

IU plays Ha Jin/Hae Soo.  I’m not sure I’m going to like her very much.  Her actions and reactions are campy.  She reminds me a lot of an anime school girl.  But, I’m not an Asian male.  Her portrayal of Hae See might very well be seen as cute.  Since this is her first drama (I think), I will wait and see.

It wasn’t a bad episode, as far as first episodes go.  The program itself has a lot of potential and I look forward to watching all the princes, especially Wang So played by Lee Joon Gi (이준기).

I should note that in real Korean history, Wang So eventually became the fourth king of Goryeo.  That’s no guarantee, though, that the character won’t die or otherwise be forced into another path, as saeguks (historical dramas) are notorious for rewriting history.

source: Conflicting Impulses

• Like 3

I felt like the assassin at the end was a little bit too nice of a guy....hesitating to kill Hae Soo and all. What a softie; not exactly a good quality for an assassin. For plot I suppose, for plot haha.

I enjoyed the first two episodes but I do feel that for a pre-produced drama, the editing really should have been better as many have pointed out. The whole wide eyed look that many dislike wasn't too bad on IU actually, but what really made it worse was when they zoomed in on her face when she had that expression on. The choice of OST over certain scenes were definitely ill fitting and completely distracting. But all in all it wasn't that bad so far. I do hope their editing gets better for future episodes though. 

I do feel as if there aren't many people subbing this drama out there though. Subs are taking ages compared to other dramas

• Like 4

Wow is it just me or are the knives out for this drama? Watching objectively (and yes, I can be objective even in the face of all the pretty) it's not THAT bad-or are people just excited for this to fail just because? It will certainly make participating in discussion about the show a little harder to bear...or maybe I just don't have an eye for 'editing' or 'visuals' but what the hell is up with the complaints about the cast's visuals?? They are all extremely attractive people. 

Whatever, off to rewatch episode 1 on dramafever will I wait for episode 2 sub-I can't influence Korean ratings but I can damn well help make sure MLSHR is one of the top watched shows on DF!!!

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, valentvcd said:

I watched ep 1+2 and I think this drama is quiet good... I watched 2 ep and didn't stop...

I watch other similar saeguk drama just few minutes from ep 1, I stop because its too childish. the lead actress is too young.

I watch lets fight ghost, it is also little bit childish but enjoyable... the age difference of the leads is ok and look good.

Looking from the ratings I think doctor's viewer go to watch moonlight.... but sorry, It is not my taste..

I think Moon lovers is good, and I like MDBTC too! I suggest you watch till episode 3 to really judge how the drama is. 

• Like 1

first time dropping a comment on this thread....

with all the promotions of Moonlovers, I was worried that many Korean audience would be turn off by it as it was portraying itself as another 'flower boys' acting in a saguek.... in a way, i felt that was what happened with the ratings.

Surprised at ML's double digit jump but overall, Moonlovers is not that bad either. We are lucky as it it premiers together at the same time as Korea and being a drama that was already completed, we don't have to wait for the subs the next day inorder to understand the whole story.

ok, back to the drama... even with a scar, Wang Soo, still looked handsome! I have a complain on the last scene of ep1 - i mean really...  saving her like that was possible? haiz...  and 8th prince is going to fall in love with HS? but but she's your wife's cousin who was asked to look after your wife?.....Wang Sooo being 4th prince, he is technically older than the 8th prince.. looking forward to know about Wang Soo's story and why his mom (is it?) treat him like that... well, the fortune teller could be a time traveler as well since he knows so many things in the future... - telescope? flying machine?

Im will still watch this drama, together with ML... both dramas Fighting! :)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, iasd123 said:

I think Moon lovers is good, and I like MDBTC too! I suggest you watch till episode 3 to really judge how the drama is. 

I jump to watch MDBTC ep 2 but still didn't connect yet.... I will try to read the forum first then make up my mind to watch or not... thank you anyway.. maybe we are just have different preference/taste.

• Like 1

oh when it comes to lee jun ki, i just really can't control my heart. he really kills it in this drama with just his eyes. every time i watch his acting, i can feel every emotions that he portrays, the pain, loneliness, everything is just excellently delivered by him.

well, after seeing the first two episodes i can say that the story is really good. i love it and 2 hours just pass by like that. i have never seen the original so i have the advantage of falling in love with this drama as i will not draw any comparisons. as i can see from people's comments, this drama is different with the original. well, it obviously different with its different settings, country and era. plus, this is the story of the fourth prince of the goryeo era and as far as i know from watching shine and go crazy, wang so is truly treated like that, being thrown away by his family. so i dont think there is a need to always draw a comparison between the original and this drama. they looks the same but they are not. just leave the original behind and treat this drama as a new drama so that you can enjoy the beauty that this drama can bring.

I have seen the negative comments on IU and baekhyun acting. honestly, i do felt that they are lacking but it is not to the point that it destroys the drama and they should be criticised harshly for that. i can overlooked their weaknesses and just enjoy the drama which is just out of character for me( just to make you clear, i am very sensitive with acting and i really hate idol who cant act but still given a role in acting. even if it is lee jun ki's drama but if the co-stars are really bad, i will just drop it or not watching it religiously which happen to the scholars that walk at night. i didnt totally drop it but i just watch only bits of it). but then, it is just 2 episodes, so it still early to say anything. i just hope it would turn really good episode by episode.

oh i forgot to add that people are commenting iu voice which they said her voice does not suit historical drama and her accent for historical is not there. i dont get it why they are commenting since she is from modern era. and it obviously that she wont have that historical accent and voice.what do they expect for someone who is from 20th century suddenly being bring to live in goryeo era. it would be weird if she suddenly speaks in accent and historical voice.

• Like 10

i think the writers were just trying to stick it to the original storyline whereby 8th falls in love with hae soo and afterwards the 4th falls in love too.

lets not read too much into whats right whats wrong here.

IU's acting improved alot since you're the best lee soon shin days. 

• Like 6