[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

30 minutes ago, briseis said:

Plucking Stars

Hide contents

The pragmatic romantic strikes back as Wang So stages a PRIVATE birthday celebration for Hae Soo - STARGAZING - because no gift on the whole Earth is good enough for her, ONLY THE STARS WOULD DO FOR HER. And the only reason why HE DOESN’T PLUCK THEM AND GIVE THEM TO HER IS BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO FAR AWAY. 

Hide contents

“I’m telling you, that’s called a fixed star. Oh, that’s an anchor star… Have you forgotten how much I know about astronomy?”

Says the man who actually MOVED INTO A FREAKING ASTRONOMICAL TOWER BECAUSE HE WANTED TO SEE THE STARS THAT REMINDED HIM OF HER! There is no point trying to hide it now, So-ya, everybody already knows how hopelessly in love with her you are! And now it turns out, HE EVEN STUDIED THOSE STARS AS WELL, becoming an expert, and now he is showing off in front of her, trying to to woo her with his knowledge! 

Their clash about stars is interesting from many reasons - once again, the star-crossed lovers are discussing the stars, but futhermore there are their different views and knowledge of the subject. So, the pragmatic romantic, is presenting the scientific approach (or at least how astronomers were able to describe the stars at that time - the reason why he says C. is an anchor is because the constellation creates a “W” shape on the summer night sky which reminded people of an anchor), while HS counters with the romanticized mythology.

Hide contents

The awesome thing is that So isn’t laughing at her story and is actually listening to her curiously and taking everything she says at a face value; as if it all was an absolute truth. It’s obvious he is noting it all down, forever engraving it in his memory. His reaction is very similar to the times she showed her talked about Bulgarian rose oil, drew the emoji, shared her views on motherhood and freedom. It might be a hint, that just like in the novel/cdrama, that one day HS would tell So she is from the future and he will believe her.

You know I am your fan, right? Thank you for all your beautiful posts!

• Like 23

6 hours ago, am420 said:

1-4 are Park Bo Gum, Jo Jung Suk, Kim Yoo Jung and Gong Hyo Jin

Oh, thanks!!! @am420 :D

So I guess MDBC and JI are really strong  there, huh?!

5 hours ago, n00nk3y said:

Then I'll marathon MLSHR SBS version,arang n the magistrate,SWWTN..rewind,replay aaaall the way to December..

Addiction is strong with this one.. heeeeelp! :confounded:

They're all on my list, too. But I'll need some time to get over MLSHR, lol

Where do I find a recovery center for drama addicts? I'll definitely need some help to live without my weekly dose of LJK's Wang So. :tears:

• Like 14

@MadraRua

That vid! The song! That song! I love it! I love them! 

I know it's not easy to make such vid but pls  if you have time to kill make one with christina perri's version of the song, please. I don't care what vid you use as long as So and Soo are in them.

In case you're wondering, yes, i am a twihard, yes in present tense ( i don't care about rob and kirsten though even from the start because their chemistry is so forced to me). 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, junejungki said:

I think it means, dialogue is in Korean. Some country like Thailand and Vietnam they dubbed the dialogue to their own language. 

Ohh Thanks !! That makes a lot of sense! It will be subbed instead of dubbed.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, briseis said:

A Match Made in Heaven 

“I wished to myself that Jung would disappear. I wanted that seat to be mine. Mother saw that expression on my face and quickly hid Jung. Perhaps, she already knew that I would be a person who’d kill my own brother.”

It’s fascinating and fitting that despite being the only character in the story who wore a literal mask, So is at the same time the most brutally honest and sincere person out there, abhorring masks, pretense, hypocracy and lies of any kind; maybe it’s because he had to wear one his whole life. Hae Soo took that mask off and when he tells her about Jung he is once again baring everything in front of her, showing her HIS MOST PRIVATE AND UGLIEST THOUGHTS (in contrast to Wook who’s been hiding everything from her from the start) BECAUSE HE WANTS TO SHOW HER EVERYTHING ABOUT HIMSELF, so if she one day decides to accept him she knows the whole truth about the man she’s be giving her heart to, no matter how terrible or shameful the truth is - he wants HS to realize that he is far from perfect, that he is the man who is jealous of his own brothers and kills them, that he is a killer. There is actually a beautiful connection between this moment, the time at the stone piles when he told her he’s covered IN THE BLOOD OF THE MEN HE HAD KILLED and the time he told her HE KILLED YO. It’s as if he couldn’t help himself from showing her his worst because he senses that she is the only person in the entire world who would be able to accept him completely. BECAUSE SHE IS THAT PERSON FOR HIM. Unlike Wook and Jung, WANG DOESN’T JUST WANT HER, HE WANTS FROM HER A COMPLETE ACCEPTANCE OF EVERYTHING HE IS!

“People who have younger siblings all say that. I was that way, too.” 

And I love how how she reciprocates the fact he’s just shared something so deeply private and shares herself with him as well in return, telling him of her own feelings and memories. IT’S BECAUSE HER FIRST INSTINCT IS TO CONSOLE HIM, it has been for years now, because Soo’s heart has always been reaching out to him. She understands So’s feelings because since the begin he’s always been the one person in the world with whom she could indentify herself the most. Therefore when she shares her own experience with him IT’S HER WAY OF TELLING HIM THEY ARE THE SAME AND THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG OR BAD ABOUT HIS EMOTIONS; BECAUSE THEY ARE WHAT MAKE HIM HUMAN and also the reason why she fell in love with him. The fact that he told her only futher proves what she already knows and what she could sense from the beginning - that he is  A GOOD PERSON.

The reason why they’ve been pulled towards each other and could feel the connection between them since the beginning, why HS kept looking for him from the start despite the rumours about him is because deep down they could both sense they are similar, that they share a similar strength and weakness - they’ve both been so unguarded with their emotions, yet they live in a world where they need to guard them and protect them because they both learned that the hard way. However, THEY DROP ALL DEFENCES WHEN THEY ARE TOGETHER, MAKING THEMSELVES VULNERABLE WHICH IS THE PROOF OF THEIR ULTIMATE TRUST.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_of0gjbYSYl1s8t96qo8_400.pngtumblr_of0gjbYSYl1s8t96qo9_400.png

Omo Omo OMO....@briseis They are a"Match Made In Heaven" . I so love your posts chingu and so well written. :heart::heart: You are right from the moment she bumped into him at the Daiwan She was always seeking him out. Something about him made made her so curious in getting to know him. The more she spoke to him the more she wanted the Princes to bond with Wang So because she knew he was lonely. 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

@jerboa83  Great job, chingu!!  The beat really underscored the dark part of So's journey.  I look forward to your future FMVs!

Thank you so much! I had to edit it a lot for the clips to go with the music... I thought that song was perfect. I began editing the second one, but there are so many scenes that could match the lyrics that it is not easy to choose... :sweatingbullets:   (And these time I won't put them in a chronological order.)

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

I'll trust you on this.(Sorry I can't read Hangul)

I am just wondering why no one has been agitated by the news unlike last week when even SBS issued a statement days before the game.

Guess the wait-and-see game adds to the thrill of our ordeal.

• Like 8