[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Yeorobun, have any of you seen this video yet? It features mainly Soo and Lady Oh, but there are some scenes in there that I don't think come from our drama. It's definitely not a parody, but I think like some of the bromance videos, I'm guessing the creator took existing scenes to create a story line. For the life of me, I can't figure it out though...even using Google Translate.

Thoughts?

• Like 9

okay i kinda thinking that Soo only hope is just want to go away from palace right ?? and So know this since the beginning and he even promise that he will take her out from there.. my question is why So don't just let Soo go on her own.... i doubt that Soo even want to marry WJ after she been in love with So.. and also Soo don't have any title nor she the court lady when So became a king so there is no rule for her and she just can go away from palace...

its different in BBJX cause 4th never want to let RX go and RX have to take the route marrying 14th to go away.. in here i think So will let Soo go but with Jung not by her own...

here you can see how much So love Soo... he love her so much that he willing to live with the fact that Soo is his brother wife but at least he know how she doing and where she is... So never actually letting So go but he letting Soo achieve what she always dream off to leave the palace.. at least she don't have to live in the place that make her suffer and i think this is why So will give Soo to Jung.. but So will never let Soo gone from his life as he always can know how Soo well being if she became Jung wife.. 

the more i write about these two tragic love story the more i want to cry.... :tears:

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Congratulations to Eclipses ! Scarlet Heart Ryeo Moon Lovers thread is the NUMBER ONE DRAMA THREAD for 2016 based on post replies, and NUMBER 13 all time. The engagement in this thread is remarkable based on overall content. We have diversed contents and discussions. :blush:

Reveal hidden contents

You can check it by clicking the Sort By button at the section header :)

Thanks to contributors and lurkers. As well as to new members who registered to Soompi to join the craze ! 

WOW CLAP to all of us ! cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249

Yaaaaay.. Clap.. Clap.. Clap.. :blush:

8 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Thank you @chi13lou for posting this! Love it when we finally can understand what they're saying... and these two are super cute together! :wub:

Been watching this (the kiss scene) again and again, and gosh, he practically devoured her! Ahem, I thought I'm way past blushing age, but I kinda blush seeing him kissing IU. Hahaha! The kissing scene should be longer in the drama. It practically translates the long wait of So's love to Soo!! :heart:

• Like 21

3 minutes ago, Rose34 said:
  Hide contents

Btw, after Scarlet Heart Ryeo ended (sadly :tears:), Eclipses, what drama are you guys moving to or looking forward to? There are so many cool people here. This is overall a nice forum. 

1% of anything (I think this is the cure for MLSHR's heartbreak - so light and fluffy)
Been thinking of following OTWTTA up closely, but it's another emotional ride there.. So, not sure. :sweatingbullets:

Btw, experienced Soompiers, how do you hide contents? :P

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

1% of anything (I think this is the cure for MLSHR's heartbreak - so light and fluffy)
Been thinking of following OTWTTA up closely, but it's another emotional ride there.. So, not sure. :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

I see most of you will hang out in dramas section. Yeapp totally, I am looking into watching something funny, rom-com lol. The more fluffier the better lol, I feel like im masochist (one user mentioned this) watching MLSHR lol...so painful, tragic and emotional rollercoaster but I'm addicted to it. I usually binge watch K-drama as I was away for awhile, busy with life and university only watch MLSHR episode by episode since i'm quite free for now and it is not good for health lol. 

Spoiler tab you mean, the eye button at right most corner, besides the T. 

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

@penelop3 When you're in the posting box, at the end of the 'formatting' bar where you can bold, italicize, etc, you'll see a graphic of an eye. Clicking on that will create a spoiler box that you can hide images and content.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, Rose34 said:

Hide contents

I see most of you will hang out in dramas section. Yeapp totally, I am looking into watching something funny, rom-com lol. The more fluffier the better lol, I feel like im masochist (one user mentioned this) watching MLSHR lol...so painful, tragic and emotional rollercoaster but I'm addicted to it. I usually binge watch K-drama as I was away for awhile, busy with life and university only watch MLSHR episode by episode since i'm quite free for now and it is not good for health lol. 

Spoiler tab you mean, the eye button at right most corner, besides the T. 

16 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@penelop3 When you're in the posting box, at the end of the 'formatting' bar where you can bold, italicize, etc, you'll see a graphic of an eye. Clicking on that will create a spoiler box that you can hide images and content.

@itzibitzispider

Spoiler

Like this right?

• Like 7

after reading the forum i am starting to have so many theories!

since many of you have shared that the roles in MLSHR will be reversed compared to BBJX, KG will be the one to decree HS and WJ's wedding, i am wondering....

Spoiler

if thats the case will WS die first? and HS fail to see him one last time because of a misunderstanding? 

ok not really a spoiler, just speculation. it seems the ending of this drama is very closely guarded, there are no stills of what happens after WS becomes king (except for the visions and the WS & YW getting married pictures), so it makes me believe that the ending is maybe going to be very different from C version and the PD wants to surprise us? I really hope so!

I am doubtful for a modern day meeting between WS and HS at the end; somehow it feels like it won't happen cause LJG had to grow his hair out long for this role and he cut it immediately after the shoot ended. not sure if they will show a long hair WS in the future. also LJG's last scene was the scene where he rode horses with his army of four back from Khitan (according to a pic in his IG), so if they indeed film the couple meeting in the future, i guess it would be shot right at the very beginning (but i also doubt that since LJG's first scene with IU was when she delivered lunch to him and her hair colour was already black - Ha Jin had brown hair).. hmmm i cannot figure this out. 

Also, LJG posted this picture in his IG : 

is it me, or it doesn't look like him? more like ji soo? 

lastly, my other hypothesis for why LJG does not appear in modern clothes is because i feel he might return to the future and meet GO Ha Jin at a different age. When the little boy was drowning, the homeless guy (aka ji mong) did nothing on purpose, forcing HJ to jump in to save the little boy, so i am even thinking that the little boy IS  the reincarnation of WS, and HJ will become the mother figure he never had. so many theories my mind palace is gonna explode soon.

So if you managed to read all the hidden text, i think you will still not know how the drama is going to end, but one thing you'll know for sure is that I HAVE OFFICIALLY BECOME A CRAZY PERSON. 

I think i am going to quit tv for a while after this drama. Don't think i have the strength to internet after this.

• Like 10

i think Soo will die... this one i kinda 90% sure cause there is no way that the ending is So live as KG and Soo as Jung wife until they dies... that's just absurd at so many level...

my theory is Soo will leave with Jung fall sick and eventually dies heartbroken.. if you notice almost all the item that in the box that 4th got when RX dies is already being placed on Soo hand... the hairpin , the poem and lastly the arrow.. so the box will happen and So will get that box but pls don't tell me that they not going to meet and So only got Soo ashes and her belonging......

that just pure cruel thing to do!!! that's not sad but a tragic ending.. 

• Like 18

I totally love the interview posted here of Woo Hee Jin (Lady OH) about IU. :blush: Her affection towards IU is real.... OhSoo was real. :heart: 

About the BTS, IU's smile and waving hands in the boat were adorable.... I was laughing with LJG happy dance and smirks after he kissed IU. He is so cute. 

----------

@qwenli 14th and Ruoxi was my couple in BBJX. Probably is an unpopular opinion but (for me) 14th prince was the man that loved Ruoxi the most.

I think similar characteristics and situations of the 14th prince (C-Version) are given to Wang So:

1. King material:

- The best warrior

- Intelligent

- Good in politics 

2. His love towards Ruoxi:

- He proposed marriage to Ruoxi to take her out of the laundry service. 

- Ruoxi rejected him several times, had problems trusting in him, was mean sometimes but he was still there for her in her worst moments.   

--------------

* I think that Wang So will be the one with Hae Soo until the end, not the 14th prince of Moon Lovers. The love that Wang Jung has, for me is similar to the love Wang Eun had for Hae Soo. 

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

-------------

* I think that Wang So will be the one with Hae Soo until the end, not the 14th prince of Moon Lovers. The love that Wang Jung has, for me is similar to the love Wang Eun had for Hae Soo. 

@Gabi Bros Sorry to cut your post.
My heart just skipped a bit reading this part. I reaally reaally hope this will happen. If the writers said it'd be happy ending, then this is as close as happy ending as we can get. :(

• Like 18

Long time no see fellow eclipses! B) OMG. This thread easily passed 1000 and already reach 1200+ pages *Faints* Last couple of weeks was one of the busiest and hardest time at work, but whenever I visit this vibrancy thread even for just 5 minutes a day and read selective pages at a time never failed to put a smile on my face. From baseball live report to the thirst for reciprocated feelings, hug and kisses, even discuss the possibility of a bed scene for our OTP. LMAO. You guys really made my day! :lol:

I finally manage to watch both episode 14-15, again I find the editing a little bit bothersome, the way they narrates with the time jump, the transition between each scene and the fast paced storytelling with minimum context been given to the development felt unnatural and choppy. All of sudden change in each character almost did not feel earned through rational journey but just magically fell from the sky, as if they just forced the viewers to gather all the crumbs of clues to follow their narrative. Despite that I still feel the enjoyment of watching through the drama, especially that stargazing and boat date scenes, it was beautifully shot and the scenery was so mesmerizing. Now i need to talk about one thing that gave me a massive headache...

WANG YO ASCENSION TO THE THRONE 

If I have to pick one huge plot hole in these episode that got me scratches my head and caused me a brain freeze, it was about WY successful rebellion! What in the world just happened? Was it supposed to be that easy to overthrown goryeo's king? I don't know what Later Jin, Khitan, Hubaekje, even goryeo's own discontent powerful clan would feel..if they sit in front of TV and witness this weak attempt become that successful. LMAO. I understand the PD & writer-nim probably want to efficiently used the time allocation for all the transition of power but at least make it more believable, please.

Who would believe someone that been labeled as a traitor and miraculously survived from death, in a mere two years could gather enough support and soldiers with comparable size to fight the whole palace guards? Then again, how many guards does the palace have? Are they all sleeping somewhere? Was it supposed to be that easy to raid a palace? Since the last sageuk I watch was the six flying dragons, in there the PD carefully set up Bang won's rebellion and how each person hold essential key to the outcome of his attempt, and I believe it should be that difficult. It almost humorous the level of incompetence of palace guards, JM, WS, and even WW in handling such traitorous act. Okay let me list a few irrational failure that blatantly obvious during that scene:

1. JIMONG, why did you entered the room ALONE? I understand in WS case he could be in such a hurry to trespass that room with only carrying his sword, but why you did not bring any group of soldiers or palace guards that available within your reach, JM? What help could you offer in chaotic rebellion just with yourself? Reading stars and predicting heaven's will? LOL. You did not need to rush yourself following WS, you should gathered remaining soldiers to protect the king! Even before when you captured HS in poison attempt accusation, you have a group of guards with you. Why not now? The lack of palace guards presence in that room completely baffled me, tbh. Even if you failed to protect your king at the end of the day, you could still swept up and captured all of the traitors, criminalize them, and gave justice to the late king.

2. Which bring us to the million dollars question... WHY ON EARTH EVERYBODY FEEL THREATENED AND AFRAID WITH TRAITOR'S BLACKMAILING WORDS? Was it because the magic of his hair? LOL. As if following his order was the only way to survive and the most reasonable thing to do. NOPE FAILED LOGIC RIGHT THERE. When you have an authorization and legitimate position as the king trustful advisor (JM), first prime minister (WW), and son-in-law of the king with a rightful decree of the throne (WS), yet you all feared that your fate was on the palm of a traitor's hand. You have prerogative rights to defend your territory and your kingdom and WY was no longer a prince but a TRAITOR. Then why did you all listen to his bluff? I am utterly disappointed knowing how supposedly brilliant WW and quick-wit WS hastily surrendered and let all this chaos happened for real. Because these two held the key that allowed this rebellion to succeed. Okay, to help me understand the circumstances better, let me swim through everybody's train-of-thoughts:

a. WANG WOOK. The brain behind everything but lack guts to execute his own plan. The only reason why WY even managed to have a proper rebellion. WW practically gave WY a free ride. Basically his years of dedication to carefully crafted quest of the throne was robbed by WY. I could not imagine how pathetic he might feels to surrender his plan and kneel before WY (though as sadist I enjoyed every minute of his misery *evil laugh*). I know how terrified he was to have the big brother he betrayed came out alive and determined to avenge him. He might fear for his life at that point and decided to bought back WY's trust with present of his flawless plan. However, my question remains, should you go all in with WY's rebellion wookie? By now, he knew exactly what WY's plan was and as the first prime minister he was more than capable to sabotage WY's entire plan and used it to his own benefit. Gosh, I hate to say this, but this is one moment when I need a character like YH who could flip through any difficulties back to her own advantage, now I sort of understand her frustration. Her orabeoni really miscalculated his moves right there. If WW had a megalomaniac ambition to be people's hero, this was the perfect chance. But you missed it, wook. Just like any other opportunity that almost fell within his grasp, his cowardice act would never lead him anywhere. There is a reason why you would never be a king, wookie (well at least not until his son became one, and it just posthumously titled, technically he still died while being a prince).

b. WANG SO. If WW presents WY with a chance for successful rebellion, WS is there to legitimize WY's claim to the throne. That is why I feel cheated to saw how his character suddenly turn to be so desperate and powerless in front of blatant injustice. Was it because of Haesoo? Well yes obviously, but it also more about his failure to read through situation as there was another way to handle the issue because WY's blackmail was nothing but a bluff. Now to be clear, we have to dissect WY's threat to WS about HS: "It was HS who killed the King with mercury poisoning. Now choose between your loyalty to the dead king and die with HS or you could accept me as your king and save the girl" It was such a fallacy of thinking to believe that WY hold the authority and power to determine the outcome of WM's death. WS already been misled to a notion that since WY held incriminating evidence against HS that proved her involvement to WM's death, it was all up to him whether HS could live or die by punishment. But it only possible if WY was the king. As a matter of fact, WY was not in a position to be that confident with his claim of the throne. He already labeled as a traitor in the middle of rebellion, logically no one would trust his words. And WS and JM was the man with real and legitimate position of power that should be able to decide upon situation with regards to WM's death. Now take a look on the list of people that witness such tragedy inside that room, there was only WS, JM, HS, hidden CR, evil duo and his whole group of traitors. If WS decides to punish and criminalize all of traitor present in that room, no one should be able to contest his words if he said WM died beceuse of this traitorous act. Then he could buried the so called evidence along with their body. But his fear to lose HS got the better of him. WS has been tricked big time especially consider how WY continues abusing his power to WS over the issue. No wonder in history it was written that WY and WS conspired together in this rebellion because his part was that crucial. Without acknowledgment from WS, there was no way WY could have a successful ascension to the throne. Now, I kind of missed the fearless and ruthless WS who was not afraid to provoke a killer even when he held HS as a hostage. As he fully understood that the killer had no guts to mercilessly kill an innocent girl not related to him, he smartly used a reverse psychology to save her back then. If only he could retain at least a small amount of his beastly side when it comes to HS, it would help him tremendously during turbulent times like this.

All in all, even with this entire flaw in the plot lines and the editing problem this drama suffered, I am already too smitten and emotionally invested with the characters of this drama so I will stick till the end of journey. Let's get this through together, shall we? :blush:

• Like 21