[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

37 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@chi13lou @ruizaio I'll prepare to have the baseball game on just in case. I like baseball so it doesn't bother me...unless of course it's the reason our drama is rescheduled. :angry:

• Like 15

47 minutes ago, briseis said:

I'm crying already! Eun is trying to defend SD with a sword

In the preview, Eun was shot with arrows before So wielded his sword and i think those arrows came from Yo. So clearly had no choice. To lessen Eun's pain is the lesser evil. Such sad scene. I will prepare my hanky because the tissue will not be enough to muffle the noise i will be making while watching. I will expect the worst to prepare myself for that day. 

ETA:

dear mods, 

something wrong with the website? i keep getting the 'oops something went wrong' message. And the app hangs a lot, too. 

i will try to find the possible root cause on my end though. Maybe this is it's not you it's me thing-y. ;):)

love,

freckledbelle

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, briseis said:

That has been clear for weeks already, but the 2nd photo pretty much confirms that So will really try to protect Eun from Yo's arrows.

I'm glad the 2nd photo gives us more confirmation since I was like 80% sure So would try to protect Eun (and that his slash would be a mercy killing). The other 20% is me not wanting to be disappointed, lol. Still hoping So arrives late on the scene because I just can't see him standing by as Eun and SD try to protect themselves.

Also still worried about Jung. I need him to not be dumb, please. OPEN YOUR EYES ABOUT YO! If Jung somehow manages to twist this around to blame So, I will be pissed. (I'll be complaining about this until the episode airs. lol I hope I end up eating my words.)

12 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Look at Eun's feet. One side of pants rolled up too high or he s wearing different shoes?

Pretty sure it's just rolled up too high. It bothers me actually, LOL.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, briseis said:

That has been clear for weeks already, but the 2nd photo pretty much confirms that So will really try to protect Eun from Yo's arrows.

You might get even "luckier" over the weekend because I have a huge backlog since the tests and my schedule at school make it virtually impossible for me to write anything on Wed-Thur. I have some 10 drafts full of screencaps featuring scenes from episode 14 alone! And I really need to write as much as I can because once the next episode airs I simply know I won't have the strength to return to the older scenes. Plus I have this huge problem that it takes me so much time to write one post because I overanalyze it from all angles and compare it with older scenes,... I mean I even had to divide the stargazing into 3 POSTS because it was getting so long. SO THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING AND ENJOYING MY POSTS! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO ME!

@briseis You can definitely tell how much thought, effort and feeling go into each of your posts.Our thread is so active, especially immediately after an episode airs. My thoughts and feelings often get lost when I start reading everyone's posts. Your posts, however, always have the power to center me, and all of the feels come back with such clarity. I sincerely appreciate ALL the effort you expend, especially since I know it takes a toll on you emotionally as well as physically. Thank YOU so very, very much. :wub:

• Like 15

I don't know if it's better that Sd dies first or worse for Eun because he dies after Sd. That period of time between when Sd is killed and when he's killed will likely be the worst moment of Eun's life. His death would probably be a welcome at that point.

This is just sucky business all around.

For Eun and Sd who will lose their lives

For So who will have to be involved.

And for Soo, who will find yet another event she was unable to prevent. They're beginning to pile up, huh Soo?

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, briseis said:

Yes, I know. I think Eun is already pierced by arrows on the photo and So is standing in front of him so Yo couldn't shoot him with more, trying to save him from the pain which is also why he kills him in the end. You know, I'm so incredible happy on one hand bacause my prediction which I made immediatelly after I saw HS's vision for the first time WILL MOST LIKELY TURN OUT TO BE CORRECT

http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/150769234554/crazycrazybunny-dreamingsnowflake2013-the

and even if it's the only one of my predictions that will turn right. It's not that I want to brag or anything but I'm simply happy because it shows that HS truly did misinterpreted her visions and So is the good person we and HS know him to be. When the vision was aired for the first time weeks ago, I was so disappointed how  many people immediately jumped on the "So will go evil" bandwagoon without giving him the benefit of doubt, without questioning the his reasons/the context of those visions.

And if it’s inevitable that Eun dies, considering he died in history, I like that he will go this way - at SD’s side, both with swords in their hands, trying to protect each other and in the end undefeated by death. 

You took the words out of my mouth. You phrased it perfectly. 

• Like 17

I think that I'm going to need the kit that I use when I watch sad episodes in other series, the klennex box to dry the tears and chocolates to relieve the sadness.   depressed1 onion head

Hae Soo could not stop this tragedy despite the visions, actually what she has to do is help Wang So to become the king he must be.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, briseis said:

You're right!! but deep down I still hoped they would be safe :tears: Also, more suffering for So... D=

• Like 10

@MAROSA_JIN...Love your reason for season 2..... I myself watched the second season to Scarlet Heart CVersion and will admit ... that it wasn't so great.... it was ok.  I agree if they did have Season 2 it would perfect if the brothers were close but I kinda doubt it because of this think called Karma. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, briseis said:

You might get even "luckier" over the weekend because I have a huge backlog since the tests and my schedule at school make it virtually impossible for me to write anything on Wed-Thur. I have some 10 drafts full of screencaps featuring scenes from episode 14 alone! And I really need to write as much as I can because once the next episode airs I simply know I won't have the strength to return to the older scenes. Plus I have this huge problem that it takes me so much time to write one post because I overanalyze it from all angles and compare it with older scenes,... I mean I even had to divide the stargazing into 3 POSTS because it was getting so long. SO THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING AND ENJOYING MY POSTS! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO ME!

I am so glad that you over analyze all the angles. I over sly et but not a good writer at all so my post are rather jumbled or just cut short because don't know what to write it at all. Thanks for all your post @briseis :heart::heart:

• Like 11

So I got curious and went to look for Ruoxi's letter to 4th in the C version and now I regret it immensely because it is so sad and it also fits with the route the kdramas is taking and... :tears::tears::tears::tears:

Spoiler

4th prince, Life is like a dream, continuously changing... But the days pass soundlessly... It's hard to forget one's foolish longings. 

When someone told me very calmly that he wanted the throne, he already held the key to my heart. When he threw away the umbrella and endured and suffered the rain with me, I had opened the door to my heart for him. When he protected me by using his own body to block the arrow, I would never forget him in this life. 

Everything that happened after that only drew me in deeper.. if there is love, there is anger. If there is love, there is hate. If there is love, there is obsession. If there is love, there is longing. Since we parted, there has been nothing but hate, anger, and longing transforming into inches of memories. I don't know if you still resent me...

... in Ruo Xi's heart, there is no emperor, only the 4th Prince who has stolen my soul. We love, we miss, we don't meet...Every day, I wait for your arrival."

Also, I found something 8th says to 4th after Ruoxi's death and... I can see Wook saying the same :tears::tears:

Spoiler

"Back then I gave up on Ruo Xi because of power, abandoned the vows we made to never leave each other. Now imperial brother, for the Qing Empire, and the past grievances has also given up the chance of be together forever. You're the same as me. The things you once had are all gone in the end, With Ruoxi, you're the same as me. A failure. 

I won't survive the end of this drama. I just won't!!! 

• Like 21

7 hours ago, bingewatcherinsomniac said:

WANG YO ASCENSION TO THE THRONE 

If I have to pick one huge plot hole in these episode that got me scratches my head and caused me a brain freeze, it was about WY successful rebellion! What in the world just happened? Was it supposed to be that easy to overthrown goryeo's king? i've been a fan of korean saeguk dramas, and from all that i watched and i remembered (queen seondeok, the legend, empress ki) rebellion from inside the palace are shown to be easy to achieve, and that's why the emperors are very scared about the powerful clans that does not support him and even their own siblings because  they can easily be overthrown, if not murdered. Maybe its because in goryeo dynasty, their armies are sent to protect the borders and to go to war outside the palace, so the army inside the palace is not that many. Also, in goryeo dynasty, they still allowed private soldiers for the princes and some of them are still loyal to their princes even though they are exiled. Not to mention, WY's family come from one of the most powerful clan (from his mother's side of family) that undoubtly have many private soldiers PLUS wang won's private soldiers. 

Who would believe someone that been labeled as a traitor and miraculously survived from death, in a mere two years could gather enough support and soldiers with comparable size to fight the whole palace guards? (i mentioned it before, its because he uses his uncle's help and i think his uncle think that the easiest way to gain control is to have WY who is a prince to sit on the throne, so he still helps him)  Since the last sageuk I watch was the six flying dragons, in there the PD carefully set up Bang won's rebellion and how each person hold essential key to the outcome of his attempt, and I believe it should be that difficult.i think if you compare it with SFD, (i also watched SFD) the process are shown in more detailed because thats the entire story of SFD, whereas in moon lovers, the point of this story is not WY's rebellion, maybe he did go through all those difficulties too. poor him :(

1. JIMONG, the jimong part i COMPLETELY agree. i was like... jimong why you do that..... where are the soldiers....

2. Which bring us to the million dollars question... WHY ON EARTH EVERYBODY FEEL THREATENED AND AFRAID WITH TRAITOR'S BLACKMAILING WORDS? Was it because the magic of his hair? LOL. LOL!! HAHA  

Because these two held the key that allowed this rebellion to succeed. Okay, to help me understand the circumstances better, let me swim through everybody's train-of-thoughts:

a. WANG WOOK. The brain behind everything but lack guts to execute his own plan. The only reason why WY even managed to have a proper rebellion. WW practically gave WY a free ride. Basically his years of dedication to carefully crafted quest of the throne was robbed by WY. I could not imagine how pathetic he might feels to surrender his plan and kneel before WY (though as sadist I enjoyed every minute of his misery *evil laugh*). I know how terrified he was to have the big brother he betrayed came out alive and determined to avenge him. He might fear for his life at that point and decided to bought back WY's trust with present of his flawless plan. However, my question remains, should you go all in with WY's rebellion wookie? By now, he knew exactly what WY's plan was and as the first prime minister he was more than capable to sabotage WY's entire plan and used it to his own benefit. yes i agree with you on this one, poor wook had his chance snatched away from him. and wang won is very smart too, he knew that WW give the idea to put mercury and he also knew that WY is still alive. I think they deliberately do this so that WY has a leverage to both WW in the first place. so they can frame and blackmail WW like what they did to WS using hae soo. The and then, WW to save himself, give the idea to WY (on the night when they meet up in secret) to use HS to "tame" WS. 

b. WANG SO. If WW presents WY with a chance for successful rebellion, WS is there to legitimize WY's claim to the throne. That is why I feel cheated to saw how his character suddenly turn to be so desperate and powerless in front of blatant injustice. Was it because of Haesoo? Well yes obviously, but it also more about his failure to read through situation as there was another way to handle the issue because WY's blackmail was nothing but a bluff. Now to be clear, we have to dissect WY's threat to WS about HS: "It was HS who killed the King with mercury poisoning. Now choose between your loyalty to the dead king and die with HS or you could accept me as your king and save the girl" It was such a fallacy of thinking to believe that WY hold the authority and power to determine the outcome of WM's death. WS already been misled to a notion that since WY held incriminating evidence against HS that proved her involvement to WM's death, it was all up to him whether HS could live or die by punishment. But it only possible if WY was the king. As a matter of fact, WY was not in a position to be that confident with his claim of the throne. He already labeled as a traitor in the middle of rebellion, logically no one would trust his words. And WS and JM was the man with real and legitimate position of power that should be able to decide upon situation with regards to WM's death. Now take a look on the list of people that witness such tragedy inside that room, there was only WS, JM, HS, hidden CR, evil duo and his whole group of traitors. If WS decides to punish and criminalize all of traitor present in that room, no one should be able to contest his words if he said WM died beceuse of this traitorous act. Then he could buried the so called evidence along with their body. But his fear to lose HS got the better of him. WS has been tricked big time especially consider how WY continues abusing his power to WS over the issue. No wonder in history it was written that WY and WS conspired together in this rebellion because his part was that crucial. Without acknowledgment from WS, there was no way WY could have a successful ascension to the throne. Now, I kind of missed the fearless and ruthless WS who was not afraid to provoke a killer even when he held HS as a hostage. As he fully understood that the killer had no guts to mercilessly kill an innocent girl not related to him, he smartly used a reverse psychology to save her back then. If only he could retain at least a small amount of his beastly side when it comes to HS, it would help him tremendously during turbulent times like this. yeah i agree with this too... poor WS :( maybe he's too shocked to see WM or something like that. least they can do is gather the palace guards and try to fight like you said. (AGAIN, JIMONG WHY YOU DO THIS) because in that room, WY really takes the upper hand, good fighting skill, many soldiers, and HS's life threatened by won's sword. If WS can murder the entire murderer monks in the 2nd episode, he sure as hell can kill every soldier in that room. but then again, HS will die, and he's too scared to lose her. aw man :( it's just WY's day after all

Hi!  here are some of my thoughts line in yellow :) 

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, briseis said:

I'm afraid that Eun and SD will get an ending that our SoSoo OTP can only dream of. That why I would rather watch HS dying in WS's arms, content and loved, than for them to go through that ugly break-up as it is depicted in the novel - a break-up which in my opinion just doesn't make sense considering all the changes they made because the OTP have a completely different character traits, motivations and their overall situation is different as well. No matter how much the writer is trying to set it all up in a similar fashion.

I really hope the ending of So and Soo love story will be or at least similar to what you said. Because, to me, it will not make sense if it's not regardless of the angle you look at it. 

• Like 14