[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Screenshot_20160825_232138.png

WangWook's soldiers is massive x_x

I don't know how wangso going to win this battle. And what will happen to 8th and his followers later. I'm sure wangso will spare his life tho.

Well chingu I hope during this battle none of us will be too emotional. I know each of us have our own fave here. But let's stay peaceful and supporting this drama as a whole. :D

• Like 10

Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul, and Hong Jong Hyun to Make Guest Appearance on Korean Variety Show Running Man

Running Man Korean Variety Show - Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul, Hong Jong Hyun

Well, this is certainly a treat! Several members of the cast from the upcoming SBS drama Scarlet Heart: Goryeo (also titled Moon Lovers) will be making a guest appearance on the popular Korean variety show Running Man. The guests include Lee Joon Gi, KangHa Neul, and Hong Jong Hyun.

Of course, I’m over the moon to get a chance to see Lee Joon Gi on the show! He doesn’t do a lot of variety, so this is a rare occurrence. And with his fun and engaging personality, it should make for quite a fun episode with the rest of the Running Man cast members.

Running Man Korean Variety Show - Lee Joon Gi

I’ve included a link to a great preview for the episode down below. They will be appearing on the August 28 episode of Running Man on SBS.

Also, be sure to catch Scarlet Heart: Goryeo when it premieres August 29!

Running Man Preview of Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul, and Hong Jong Hyun: https://youtu.be/7EtF7KB3mAs

Source: https://kdramakisses.com/2016/08/25/lee-joon-gi-kang-ha-neul-and-hong-jong-hyun-to-make-guest-appearance-on-korean-variety-show-running-man/

‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ releases long drama preview ahead of premiere

2016-08-25 (1)

Upcoming sageuk “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” released 6 minutes long drama preview ahead of premiere next week.

The latest teaser gives more in-depth to the story and main characters, highlighting the humour and comedic situations, as well as the power struggle and political fight that will ensue bringing a lot of bloody, action-filled scenes.

The drama is already riding high in anticipation, with its star studded eye-candy cast with Lee Jun Ki, IU, Kang Ha Neul, Hong Jong Hyun, Ji Soo, Nam Joo Hyukand EXO‘s Baekhyun.

“Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” long preview:

Spoiler

Source: https://akpopworld.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-releases-long-drama-preview-ahead-of-premiere/

• Like 11

4 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

new press conf pics released by SBS PDNOTE!

I love how Joon Gi is dressed all black. And he's v. smart looking. :wub: Also IU looks wonderful. Her dress is lovely and suits her and her shoes are good choice too.

Most of our princes have too short trousers and wear no socks - seriously, why??? Girls look ok except I don't like their shoes. Except for shoes of Z.Hera - her shoes are ok. Pity she wears jeans skirt and shirt instead of something more elegant. 

Oh, sorry, I had to comment their outfits - I'm a woman. :P

4 hours ago, sukbin said:

EXO's fanbase is really strong. My pick is definitely 4th Prince.

http://www.onetvasia.com/shows/scarlet-heart/poll

So is mine. Wang So all the way!

3 hours ago, peny said:

Well chingu I hope during this battle none of us will be too emotional. I know each of us have our own fave here. But let's stay peaceful and supporting this drama as a whole. :D

I will with all my heart. So many good actors there... 

Btw I so much hope that when we will get an episode with Wang So taking the palace and the throne it will be something like 25th episode of Six flying dragons and if you haven't seen this you must! That was one perfect absolutely fantastic episode. 

Of course I don't want exactly the same but I want those moments to be equally good. :w00t:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Most of our princes have too short trousers and wear no socks - seriously, why??? 

Oh, sorry, I had to comment their outfits - I'm a woman. :P

They do wear socks chingu :P The kind of invisible socks that are cut around the upper arches of the feet so that they fit discreetly inside the shoes as if you were not wearing socks at all. This is kind of trendy in S.Korea. I found it weird at first but got used to it now and have actually started to find it trendy. This type of fashion looks good on men with long legs to boast and appropriately cut blazer, such as what Nam Joo Huyk is wearing.

This dates back to the drama Fashion King in 2012 or even before that, but Fashion King was the first drama that I saw with that type of trouser cut :D Looks like it has remained trendy till now.

• Like 9

The newest yin-yang-style poster and teaser featuring Lee Jun Ki and IU are beautiful

d40ab1af-9b20-40bb-a51b-d86ae8ad4d52.jpg

There’s so much buzz around everything Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, and understandably so. After all, it has a stellar cast, a plot line that is bound to steal your heart, and all those adorable oppas dressed in royal threads. No wonder, then, that every poster and teaser that comes out gets us super excited. But these latest ones….you have to see them to believe it!

While Lee Joon Ki channels darkness, passion and fire, IU looks resplendent in all white, channeling air, water and hope.

Spoiler

Ryeo75.jpg

Ryeo76.jpg

Ryeo99.jpg

It has a yin-yang kind of vibe that we can’t wait to see unfold once the drama airs. This similar contrast between the lead characters is portrayed in the newest teaser:

Spoiler

Source: https://www.dramafever.com/es/news/the-newest-yin-yang-style-poster-and-teaser-featuring-lee-jun-ki-and-iu-are-beautiful/

Nam Joo Hyuk reveals he has amazing chemistry with Girls Generation's Seohyun in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo

358a32f1-02ea-4de3-9b2d-07614fb0a682.jpg

Nam Joo Hyuk and Seohyun's on-screen chemistry is magic! During yesterday's Scarlet Heart: Ryeo press conference, the two gorgeous stars, who portray the thirteenth prince and Princess Woo, gushed about working alongside each other in the historical series. 

The 22-year-old male model admitted that Seohyun's beauty made his job of loving her very easy, saying, “I was happy to be able to act with Seohyun. Since Seohyun is pretty, I was able to express emotions automatically.”

Spoiler

afbe19af-bded-488a-a8a1-6225b556ac48.jpg

The SMTOWN idol openly admitted that her girl group, Girls Generation, was very envious that she scored a role in a K-drama with "so many cool actors." She also confessed that her co-star Nam was attentive to her and well-mannered. “Since I am Nam Joo Hyuk’s junior when it comes to acting, Nam Joo Hyuk helped me a lot. He had great manners at the filming set.”

Spoiler

b164e19e-c45a-4d73-85c2-309e01be28ac.jpg

It seems Nam was quite smitten by his love interest! He may not be an official member, but I'd say he is a sone at heart! The 25-year-old idol seems very fond of him too. I'm curious about this show because of all the flower boys. I had no idea a second love story is in store for viewers too. In Scarlet Heart: RyeoIU's character gets magically transported to the Goryeo Dynasty where she falls in love with the fourth prince (Lee Joon Ki) and witnesses fourteen princes fight to be next in line for the throne. All the action begins on Monday. August 29. 

Will you be watching Scarlet Heart: Ryeo for the love stories or intense action? 

Source: https://www.dramafever.com/es/news/nam-joo-hyuk-had-amazing-chemistry-with-girls-generations-seohyun-in-scarlet-heart-ryeo/

• Like 8

Today's Photo: August 25, 2016 [2]

2016/08/25

Spoiler

photo758642.jpg

IU smiles at a press junket for her new TV series "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" in Seoul on Wednesday.

Spoiler

photo758641.jpg

photo758640.jpg

Lee Joon-ki and IU

photo758639.jpg

photo758674.jpg

IU and Kang Ha-neul

photo758662.jpg

Kim Seong-gyoon, Baekhyun, Kim San-ho, Ji Soo, Nam Joo-hyeok, Seohyun, Kang Han-na, IU, Jin Ki-joo, Z.Hera, Lee Joon-ki, Hong Jong-hyeon, Kang Ha-neul and Yoon Seon-woo

• Like 13

Observation! In rewatching the Press Con (yes...again and again and again), I noticed something very cute and funny. When the MC asked Joongi to come out and join Jieun and Haneul on stage for more pictures, he fell right back into character, immediately putting his arm around uri Jieunie again. LOL. Our 4th prince/Lee Joongi is so consistent. Like he continually has to state that he is Wangso and she is mine.  I really like that about him. :lol:

6e0R1dk.png

8 hours ago, sukbin said:

EXO's fanbase is really strong. My pick is definitely 4th Prince.

http://www.onetvasia.com/shows/scarlet-heart/poll

@sukbin Not to change the topic regarding your preference between 10th and 4th prince, but you bring up a good point about EXO (Baekhyun is adorable, but I'd have to go with 4 too and leave 10 to be shared amongst his legion of fans. :P ). It does indeed have a HUGE fan base, which, if rumors are correct, are amongst the most hardcore fans in KPop. Add to that the fandoms of some of our other cast members and we have some very, very serious viewership numbers. This is part of the reason I'm excited to see how the ratings turn out for next Monday night.

@irilight was correct to point out that this huge viewership may have very little impact on the SK ratings since we don't know how many of these fans actually participate in the AGB Nielsen and TNS Media Korea samplings. To be honest, the actual number of participants in each program is extremely small...just around 2000 households each. Still, the odds are better with these stats, than not. So shall we run the numbers just for fun?? I think we should, because than it will really give all of us here an idea of the potential reach of this drama.

1. Baekhyun: 6.9 million followers on Instagram alone
  2. IU: total number of followers range from 1.0-1.8 million on each of the different SNS platforms
  3. Jisoo: 1 million followers on Instagram (Wow. I knew uri Jisoo was popular, but I didn't know it was to this extent.)
  4. Hong Jong-hyun: 676K followers on Instagram (for a young actor, this number is extremely impressive)
  5. Lee Joon-gi: 457K follofwers on Instagram

Huge numbers, right?! Especially if you compare them to only 4000+ households in SK participating in the ratings. It truly doesn't seem fair to any of the dramas airing in SK to depend on a rating system that doesn't capture real time metrics, but then that's true in a lot of countries. The broadcasting rights that were sold for MLSHR will likely change that since the production company and its investors have to show a ruturn on investment. What does that mean exactly? Well, there's a good chance we may see some press releases reporting viewership numbers from all the participating broadcast stations in the various countries that have joined the simulcast.  

So even if our drama doesn't dominate the SK ratings, it definitely doesn't mean it won't be a success. Still...I'm really hoping that at the very least, we'll pull similar numbers to that of Doctors.  For all the effort our cast and crew have breathed into MLSHR, I hope that Monday's numbers will show them just how much we support all their hard work.

Sorry for all the boring details, chingu. Just wanted to share a bit of this with you so you could truly see where some of the support for the drama is coming from. B)

@MoOnLoVeRz Wow. 100 images?!  That's a LOT. But I'm not complaining. I DEFINITELY want them ALL!!!  They're all at great resolution too!!  Daebak!

• Like 16

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo beats Descendants of the Sun for highest priced K-drama ever sold

9887aec8-3621-4b00-80ba-28555ab3f1a8.jpg

This year is shaping up to be full of dramas that are setting the bar to be some of the most popular, memorable, and expensive. Korean dramas are proving to be a hot commodity overseas, and Chinese distributors know this. Cheese in the Trap kicked off 2016 breaking records for being sold at $125,000 per episode, and broadcasting rights have ballooned since then because the price tag for Descendants of the Sun pales in comparison to the upcoming drama Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.

The historical fantasy drama Scarlet Heart: Ryeo is reportedly selling to Youku for more than triple that amount of Cheese in the Trap at $400,000 per episode for a total of 8 million dollars. While this already seems high, it is supposedly on the low end. In July, the United States and South Korea jointly decided to deploy a Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system in South Korea. China, opposed to the decision, posed economic restraints on the U.S and South Korea, including the activities of South Korean celebrities. If it weren’t for the political situation, the airing rights for Scarlet Heart: Ryeo supposedly could have been much higher.

Rights for Descendants of the Sun and Uncontrollably Fond were tied for selling at $250,000 per episode. Broken down by how many episodes each series carried,Uncontrollably Fond outsold Descendants of the Sun, bringing in $5 million in broadcasting rights with a 20-episode run, while Descendants of the Sun brought in $4 million with a 16-episode run.

Are you surprised by how much each drama costs to license alone?

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/scarlet-heart-ryeo-beats-descendants-of-the-sun-for-highest-priced-k-drama-ever-sold/

• Like 17

When I watched the 6 minutes trailer, I noticed that Lee Jun Ki's face and frame shrink towards the end (the battle for the throne section especially in those scenes where he was dressed in white and stated that he came to reclaim his seat) comparatively during the earlier section when he portrayed the elusive "dog-wolf" prince. And his Wang So tends to wear his hair in an updo towards the later section instead of letting his mane of glory to just flow when he was always dressed in black (Him with his free flowing tresses looking all swoony). To be honest (I know I sound like a broken record), I find that he is just of the right weight and size during that period when he portrayed the dog-wolf Wang So. Neither too chubby nor too thin. The face is still angular and he blended in well with his younger co-stars who played his on-screen brothers. So, I am hoping that Jun Ki will somehow put on a little bit of that healthy weight and maintain that right size instead of looking too sharp (his jaws could be sharper than swords) and thin as he is right now. 

• Like 11