[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

47 minutes ago, sukbin said:

When I watched the 6 minutes trailer, I noticed that Lee Jun Ki's face and frame shrink towards the end (the battle for the throne section especially in those scenes where he was dressed in white and stated that he came to reclaim his seat) comparatively during the earlier section when he portrayed the elusive "dog-wolf" prince. And his Wang So tends to wear his hair in an updo towards the later section instead of letting his mane of glory to just flow when he was always dressed in black (Him with his free flowing tresses looking all swoony). To be honest (I know I sound like a broken record), I find that he is just of the right weight and size during that period when he portrayed the dog-wolf Wang So. Neither too chubby nor too thin. The face is still angular and he blended in well with his younger co-stars who played his on-screen brothers. So, I am hoping that Jun Ki will somehow put on a little bit of that healthy weight and maintain that right size instead of looking too sharp (his jaws could be sharper than swords) and thin as he is right now. 

I noticed too that he was heavier when they filmed the mountain scene. I think everyone has their ideal look for Joon and everyone is entitled.I wonder if there aren't two things that influence what we like?. The first being familiarity? If you look at him in the line up with the other guys he doesn't look skinny. He looks the same as the rest. And in the poster with them all, he and Baekhyun are seated and look the same size. They both do have smaller bone structure. I wonder if being a long standing fan makes us prefer his heavier look. The next is I wonder if the age of the fan (being somewhat similar to how long they've been a fan) has anything to do with the way they prefer he look?  I know when I found him a year ago (no he wasn't missing):lol: and was hunting down everything he'd done to watch it. OMG the way he looked in that other wolf thing... he had bulked up for that I think....but OMG!.  Wow! . So believe me, I can deal with either look. Although as I've said I do think he looks younger with sharper features because his face doesn't have that pudgy look he had last year. Once we see him in 20 episodes of Moon Lovers we'll know better which look is more drool worthy. Drool    Emoticon 0115 Inlove  or maybe it will always just be a preference?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:
  1. Baekhyun: 6.9 million followers on Instagram alone
  2. IU: total number of followers range from 1.0-1.8 million on each of the different SNS platforms
  3. Jisoo: 1 million followers on Instagram (Wow. I knew uri Jisoo was popular, but I didn't know it was to this extent.)
  4. Hong Jong-hyun: 676K followers on Instagram (for a young actor, this number is extremely impressive)
  5. Lee Joon-gi: 457K follofwers on Instagram

Huge numbers, right?!

Great analysis @meahri_1. Thank you.

I was also surprised by the numbers for the Tenth Prince on the poll that @sukbin posted (and thank you for that)

And thank you everyone for all updates.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:
  • Baekhyun: 6.9 million followers on Instagram alone
  • IU: total number of followers range from 1.0-1.8 million on each of the different SNS platforms
  • Jisoo: 1 million followers on Instagram (Wow. I knew uri Jisoo was popular, but I didn't know it was to this extent.)
  • Hong Jong-hyun: 676K followers on Instagram (for a young actor, this number is extremely impressive)
  • Lee Joon-gi: 457K follofwers on Instagram

Huge numbers, right?! Especially if you compare them to only 4000+ households in SK participating in the ratings. It truly doesn't seem fair to any of the dramas airing in SK to depend on a rating system that doesn't capture real time metrics, but then that's true in a lot of countries. The broadcasting rights that were sold for MLSHR will likely change that since the production company and its investors have to show a ruturn on investment. What does that mean exactly? Well, there's a good chance we may see some press releases reporting viewership numbers from all the participating broadcast stations in the various countries that have joined the simulcast.  

So even if our drama doesn't dominate the SK ratings, it definitely doesn't mean it won't be a success. Still...I'm really hoping that at the very least, we'll pull similar numbers to that of Doctors.  For all the effort our cast and crew have breathed into MLSHR, I hope that Monday's numbers will show them just how much we support all their hard work.

Sorry for all the boring details, chingu. Just wanted to share a bit of this with you so you could truly see where some of the support for the drama is coming from. B)

Just to add, hehe, but you left out Nam Joohyuk. He actually has a whopping 3.1M followers on Instagram. :lol:

• Like 10

1 minute ago, outofspace said:

Just to add, hehe, but you left out Nam Joohyuk. He actually has a whopping 3.1M followers on Instagram. :lol:

@outofspace Thank you, Chingu! I wasn't able to find his stats while I was writing. His was one of the ones I was looking for. LOL...figure he had huge numbers too, but that was far more than I expected.  :lol:

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@outofspace Thank you, Chingu! I wasn't able to find his stats while I was writing. His was one of the ones I was looking for. LOL...figure he had huge numbers too, but that was far more than I expected.  :lol:

No problem! I didn't realize he'd grow to have so many followers, so it's a surprise to me too. XD The whole cast certainly has a good share of fans individually, so I hope that they'll all tune in next week, and I hope for them, and for us, that the drama will be good enough to keep all of us watching for all the weeks after, haha. Fingers crossed! ^^ 

• Like 9

@Misstwilightfan1416 Thank you! The first scene with Baekhyun is so adorable!!! :blush:

---------

Wow! Super Quality! ;)

List of cute IU and LJG moments: 0:23 - cute smiles, 3:07 - cute smiles.

Various cute moments involving IU-LJG-KHN: 4:36, 8:46, 10:01,14: 21, 16:26, 20:53, 31:44 

IU's turn to talk: 22:45

KHN's turn to talk: 24:12

• Like 10

달의 연인

달의 연인

달의 연인

=========================

Baby Lee Joon-gi in traditional hanbok

Spoiler

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160825

Actor Lee Joon-gi revealed on Instagram a baby photo of himself dressed in hanbok, or traditional Korean attire, in anticipation for his latest role in the period drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.”

The photo shows Lee in his grandmother’s arms with a cake in front of him. He added in a caption, “I think hanbok suited me ever since I was young,” referring to his frequent roles in historical dramas. 

Take a look at how hanbok suits him now!

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 16

While I was watching the press live (photo moment)...when IU was alone after posing with the boys, Seohyun was the first of the Bobo Girls to come and IU grab her hand or her arm (I don´t remember). They felt close. It was a brief moment. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo beats Descendants of the Sun for highest priced K-drama ever sold

This year is shaping up to be full of dramas that are setting the bar to be some of the most popular, memorable, and expensive. Korean dramas are proving to be a hot commodity overseas, and Chinese distributors know this. Cheese in the Trap kicked off 2016 breaking records for being sold at $125,000 per episode, and broadcasting rights have ballooned since then because the price tag for Descendants of the Sun pales in comparison to the upcoming drama Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.

The historical fantasy drama Scarlet Heart: Ryeo is reportedly selling to Youku for more than triple that amount of Cheese in the Trap at $400,000 per episode for a total of 8 million dollars. While this already seems high, it is supposedly on the low end. In July, the United States and South Korea jointly decided to deploy a Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system in South Korea. China, opposed to the decision, posed economic restraints on the U.S and South Korea, including the activities of South Korean celebrities. If it weren’t for the political situation, the airing rights for Scarlet Heart: Ryeo supposedly could have been much higher.

Rights for Descendants of the Sun and Uncontrollably Fond were tied for selling at $250,000 per episode. Broken down by how many episodes each series carried,Uncontrollably Fond outsold Descendants of the Sun, bringing in $5 million in broadcasting rights with a 20-episode run, while Descendants of the Sun brought in $4 million with a 16-episode run.

Are you surprised by how much each drama costs to license alone?

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/scarlet-heart-ryeo-beats-descendants-of-the-sun-for-highest-priced-k-drama-ever-sold/

hope the rating can beat DOTS too. if not i hope they can get above 20%

MLSHR was 2nd Kdrama i really2 love it after Doctors 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, maskros said:

They do wear socks chingu :P The kind of invisible socks that are cut around the upper arches of the feet so that they fit discreetly inside the shoes as if you were not wearing socks at all.

My mistake but even then it looks as if they didn't - with trousers so short it doesn't look good. 

6 hours ago, maskros said:

This type of fashion looks good on men with long legs to boast and appropriately cut blazer, such as what Nam Joo Huyk is wearing.

I really don't like it. ;)

• Like 7

6 hours ago, meahri_1 said:
  1. Baekhyun: 6.9 million followers on Instagram alone
  2. IU: total number of followers range from 1.0-1.8 million on each of the different SNS platforms
  3. Jisoo: 1 million followers on Instagram (Wow. I knew uri Jisoo was popular, but I didn't know it was to this extent.)
  4. Hong Jong-hyun: 676K followers on Instagram (for a young actor, this number is extremely impressive)
  5. Lee Joon-gi: 457K follofwers on Instagram

Huge numbers, right?!

Aside from IG, Joon gi has other SNS platforms too. Weibo with almost 17 million of followers and FB 1.4 million. :)

• Like 10

@cedarwood It's fine ^^ It's personal preference  after all and I respect your difference in taste. Not trying to force my preference on you or anything. While we're at the topic of fashion I just want to say that this kind of style has grown on me, that's all :P 

• Like 6