[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ most expensive K-drama ever sold

“Scarlet Heart: Ryeo,” starring actor Lee Joon-gi and singer IU has set a new record for the most expensive drama sold, topping the mega-hit drama “Descendants of the Sun.“

Korean dramas are a booming craze all around Asia, and its overwhelming popularity comes with a heavy price tag.

When “Descendants of the Sun” premiered, airing rights for each episode was sold for an impressive $250,000. The 16-episode drama earned the  production companies  $4 million in broadcasting rights. 

Likewise, “Uncontrollably Fond” sold for $250,000 per episode, and the 20 episode drama earned the production companies $5 million.

Although these dramas earned a record-breaking sum, the new SBS drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo“ has raised the bar significantly. 

The period drama has reportedly been sold for more than $400,000 per episode to the Chinese broadcasting station YouKu, surmounting to over $8 million. 

According to the production team, the cost per episode would have been more if not for the political tension between Korea and China  over the deployment of the THAAD  system . 

“Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” is a period drama and will premiere on Aug. 29 on SBS.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201608251518520345065_2

• Like 17

7 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

And we're back to the countdown!! 

I thought you'll use this picture in the day of premiere - you know - we finally see what's under the mask. ;)

7 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

So the reason why your posts sometimes end up combining is because each of the Forum threads are set up intuitively. So if it's only been a short time since your last post, the site will automatically add your new post to the prior one in order to help you avoid spamming. Ideally, Soompi would prefer you only post once an hour, but you can pack a lot into one post. Within a spoiler tag, you can sometimes post up to 50 attachments.

I do this all the time but I can't trust my computer lately so I decided to post what I've already wrote (not that it's v. deep :P ) so I won't loose it. Hope soompi won't kill me for last night. 

6 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

I feel like it was yesterday when there were still 14 days to go.:P

I don't want to think about times when we only heard they're going to do the drama... it was centuries ago!

6 hours ago, lisethvr said:

Child Wangso

Poor baby... I mean - great kid but poor Wang So! Such a lovely boy. :) Again in k-drama a child will have to suffer... sniff...

5 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

LJG: "I thought you were a couple. You had so much fun. I wanted to join you two". Hahaha

They looked like a couple and he wanted to join? ...maybe I didn't wake up yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

After the kiss scene of the trailer, I am looking forward to this one:

So do I! :wub:

Btw:

they mentioned during the interview that the first half of the drama has a lighter tone to it whereas the 2nd half is more serious & grave

I felt it would be that way. 

As for poster comparing to New moon - prefer Moon lovers poster. And the story too. 

Spoiler

I'm so not a fan of Twilight saga! :phew:

• Like 11

Pretty haesoo as goryeo english teacher

GM_20160825_171841.gif

Teaching 13th prince and 14th prince

GM_20160825_173422.gif

Meanwhile jealous wangso be like...

119333_nooo.gif

Because baby haesoo is mine only. I don't want to share with little brothers :P XD kekeke

• Like 14

Annyeong yeorobun!! It's so hard to control my excitement!! :w00t: I know you all feel the same way.

We'll soon get to see a preview. Of what? I'm really not sure since we've seen a lot already. But if I were to hazard a guess, I think it will be similar to an episode preview...so maybe just a tiny bit more about what we might expect to see in episode 1 specifically?? On Sunday we'll finally be seeing Joongi, Jonghyun and Haneul in Running Man.  AND THEN IT WILL BE MONDAY!!! EPISODE 1!!

Till then, here's a picture of our leads sharing a moment. I hope to see even bigger smiles on their faces, as well as the rest of the cast when the drama is deemed a huge success.  :blush:

• Like 16

i just love the dynamic between LJG and IU.. its not shipping or anything but when they together you know they have a good relationship.. even as shy and awkward IU is she can fool around with him.. and LJG really seem to adore her as far as i can see..remember chemistry off set contribute a lot on the screen.. also not only these two all the cast have a great relationship you can see they all friend not only co worker... that's why i'm prying so hard for this drama to turn great... they all good people and deserve great thing... :D

• Like 16

‘Moon Lovers’ draws big money from China

25194157.jpg

Upcoming SBS drama “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” has been exported to Youku, China’s biggest streaming site, for over $400,000 per episode, according to the Munhwa Ilbo. 

The figure is much higher than the latest KBS2 mega hit series “Descendants of the Sun,” which aired from February to April, and was sold for $250,000 per episode. 

Considering the new drama, featuring singer IU and actor Lee Joon-gi, is made up of 20 episodes, a profit of around $8,000,000 is expected for the entire series. 

“It is true that [each episode] has been sold for more than $400,000,” said a source affiliated with the series.

The new drama, which will air on Aug. 29, is a remake of 2011 Chinese mega-hit drama “Scarlet Heart.”

source

• Like 12