[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@LyraYoo Thanks for the gorgeous photos. Meanwhile ONE TV Asia is conducting a contest and all prizes include Scarlet Heart's merchandise. Well, somehow I was hoping the first prize would be a chance to receive a hug from Lee Jun Ki himself, then I only I will go all out to join the contest. The guy looks like he is in need of a warm hug in those swoony photos. Somehow, somewhere me just could not stop hoping.

• Like 10

With the announcement of even more pop singers I really wonder whether the music PD is out to ruin this drama. It is going to sound like a modern radio got transported into the past with IU and is playing K-pop music in the background. The PDs seem desperate to make this drama "popular" rather than "good" :P

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, hiluna said:

With the announcement of even more pop singers I really wonder whether the music PD is out to ruin this drama. It is going to sound like a modern radio got transported into the past with IU and is playing K-pop music in the background. The PDs seem desperate to make this drama "popular" rather than "good" :P

I agree. In the new song the artists even go the extra length to insert an English line that says 'love is true' into it.

Even if the first part of the story is light-hearted I'd love to see some serious thought put into the musical background since it will enhance the tone and mood of the drama. Sorry if I sound a tad too whiny but but but the original novel is very poetic to me and I just don't want this adaptation with such a huge investment to settle for anything less than that. >"<

EDIT: Oh, found out just now that the EXO's song also has English lines inserted into the lyrics. *sighs*

• Like 8

Thanks to all for contributing to the metrics. I know we all want Moon Lovers to do well. Emoticon 0123 Party As several of us have noted, we can't assume the SNS figures from IG are the best indicator of any fan base in Korea because those figures (as do any others we might look at) have a lot of international fans adding to the numbers. Nor can we tell from that how many are cross over fans. Fans of A can also be fans of B and so forth. Nor do we have any idea which if any might be a Neilson or TnMS ratings family specific only to Korea.

Two factors that may have contributed to the ginormous ratings for "that other drama shown earlier this year" missing from Moon Lovers was the others ability to stir national pride and the "Come on girl, Wake Up, What a man" factor.  Emoticon 0137 Clapping Moon Lovers might be a sageuk which aren't generally as popular as modern dramas,  however in its favor is the popularity of the original story, the popularity of the cast, the lavish filming that makes this feel like a movie and enough hype to have given the project the excitement and attraction of an event not to be missed.

Moon Lovers:SHR will be #1 in its time slot.  Party

• Like 10

6 hours ago, nana said:

Aside from IG, Joon gi has other SNS platforms too. Weibo with almost 17 million of followers and FB 1.4 million. :)

@Nana Thank you, chingu! I wanted to include the the Weibo numbers as it would give us a great look at the interest in China. Did you know that Joon-gi has actually the 4th or 5th (lol...it seems to move back and forth) largest following in Weibo amongst all our Hallyu stars? Really looking forward to seeing how the viewership turns out in China. :D

And while I'm posting, just want to share this Tweet. It's a cute picture of our three leads sharing a moment at the Press Con. So cute!!

@Nymeria289 Chingu, my apologies. I meant to answer your post earlier. LOL. Juggling REAL life with this REEL world that we love can get tough. One of our chingu on the thread posted a link to a character overview on OneTVAsia...or one of the many different fan sites supporting the drama. I think it provides a good overview of each character plus some facts about the actor performing the role. The best I can do is let you know the post was made within about 20 pages prior to the request you posted. If I come across it, I'll make sure to share. Sorry I could't be more help.

• Like 12

Sorry but I can't help whining about the music.  I really hope that I will be proven wrong but I am getting this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that the music is going to massacre the beautiful cinematography,visuals and efforts of the actors/actresses. To be honest I hope the drama will do well in ratings for the actors' sake, but I don't really care because some of my favourite shows have had low ratings and some that I didn't care for like "Doctor Crush" had high ratings. I just want a really good well thought out and well produced drama and not some musical experiment. Give me some true and tried epic music for this sageuk and I will be very happy.

• Like 7

BECAUSE OF YOU

bbks13

Ohhhh…so lovely. Bo Bo Kyung Shim: Ryeo released its first OST by Baek Hyun and a couple of his EXO mates – titled Because Of You. Why does the song make feel me sad already? The double OTP interactions – IU should be getting equal screen time with Kang Ha Neul and Lee Joon Ki – are so bittersweet, but the IU – Lee Joon Ki scenes are already tugging at my heartstrings. Will the Korean version make me bawl too? I know I sound like a broken record but Lee Joon Ki is seriously doing it for me hundred per cent as 4th Prince based on the teasers released so far. His blistering intensity and emotions are just grabbing me and not letting go… he on horseback and donned in his all-black robes… be still my heart.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/because-of-you/

• Like 11

Hi all! I just happened to come across the trailer for this drama on SBS's twitter and am def intrigued.

But i have some questions. I don't kno if this has been answered before, but any ideas why lee jun ki has his left eye covered? Also, is it just me or do they seem to be talking in almost modern day language (considering its set in goryeo)? I typically have a hard time understanding the language in saguks, but i was able to understand almost everything in the trailer o_o

• Like 9

Oops, i didn't notice this information before :blink:, but according to the character relationship chart, Kang Hanna's character was 8th prince's sister, so basically Hanna's character was Queen Daemok,half-sister and future queen of King Gwangjong aka. 4th prince Wangso. :astonished:

• Like 10

@cedarwood I watched SFD, but not finish it. Maybe I should continue from where I drop this drama. I like the story but I am too chicken to watch LBW vs his teacher XD

Here is a glimpse of their fighting scene :D

GM_20160826_231055.gif

Thank you chingu for updating me. All of you are jjang <3

IMG_20160826_191140.jpg

The caption for this picture should be "she saw all my dark sides and said that black was her favorite color."

Kekeke. I know I tried too hard to imitate those poetic tumblr post, I end up sounds like I ate a truckloads of cheese :lol:

• Like 11