[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Love Me If You Dare (When He Comes Close Your Eyes) 他来了请闭眼

jwand

For those who are looking for some of the music in the drama, maybe writing to the official LMIYD weibo may help? If I find it on weibo, I will post it here.

http://www.weibo.com/p/100808e0caa823a276e9132ef0b86ab2c5e5f0?k=%E4%BB%96%E6%9D%A5%E4%BA%86%E8%AF%B7%E9%97%AD%E7%9C%BC&from=526&_from_=huati_topic

It's great to know that many of you like both the drama and novel.  I heard that Shandong Productions consulted closely with Ding Mo when they adapt the novel into a drama.  It is a must to get the author involved because it is 'her baby'.

I think Sandra's acting is pretty good.  I think her crying showed the depth of her love and concern for JinYan.  It is only when we feel close to someone that we get very affected vicariously for any pain/suffering suffered by the loved one.

@LeeN, happy to hear that the inserts include stories of how JinYan and ZiYu got to now each other in University.  I hope this insert will be part of the sequel.  Then we get to know more about ZiYu and how their friendship developed.  It's a special relationship/bromance.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wonder ZiYu told Jian Yao that both of them have to be 'nanny to JinYan'.  Here's JinYan behaving like a kid again when he's with Jian Yao.:D

BYJ: (Find some candies on the table and help himself to it) Yummy candies!

JY: Don't eat to much.  (BYJ ignores JY)

e1YpFoZ.gif  

JY: (Seeing that BJY ignores her plea), I cooked fish tonight.

BYJ: (Thinking.... Oh fish.. yummy).  Quickly stopped eating the candy.

sctVXO4.gif

Guest shiuanchou

so far I am pretty happy with all the characters of this drama, especially Wallace as BJY, he really fits the character well.  I am not sure if I like how the script writer trimmed the  story so far....she kept the important parts (the main story) but some small details she made some changes/cuts which caused the pace a little messy...like when solving the 2nd case, some parts were really slow, but some parts (catching the stalker) were too rush, and also the script writer changed the order of time which I felt it was a mistake.  The script writer of this drama is also the script writer and the writer of Nirvana in Fire, and I think that was a good work.  But I feel so far she didn't do as well with "When He Comes, Close Your Eyes" compared to Nirvana in Fire.

One thing really bugs me about this drama is.....why would the director allowed BJY speaks Chinese to FBI while FBI is speaking in English?  I am not asking Wallace to speak perfect English, but feels like the director didn't have patience to give him enough time to practice the English dialogues.  There are so many other solutions....less dialogues, shorter shots, editing.....but the director chose the nonsense way. 

Fellow Huomis spread the word and nominate Wallace on TC Candler 100 most handsome by commenting on their Facebook, Twitter, or their social network....they say it's not a popularity contest but the fact they have so many kpop idols :mellow::huh::mellow: like when did only Koreans represent Asian beauty and handsomeness anyway nominate any beauty or handsome you want to see on their list I personally think Wallace should be on this list I think the only one from Taiwan is Eddie Peng and I love Eddie but Wallace is imo better looking 

https://m.facebook.com/TC-Candler-265128230212328/

@shiuanchou About the fact of speaking 2 languages, I actually do that quite a lot. I speak french and understand spanish and italian but I can't use them for a long discussion and I have spanish and italian friends who understand french but can't really speak it so with them I end up having discussions where I speak in french and they speak in spanish or italian so I don't really find it weird in the drama cause I've tried it and I find it easier.

Guest shiuanchou

@shiuanchou About the fact of speaking 2 languages, I actually do that quite a lot. I speak french and understand spanish and italian but I can't use them for a long discussion and I have spanish and italian friends who understand french but can't really speak it so with them I end up having discussions where I speak in french and they speak in spanish or italian so I don't really find it weird in the drama cause I've tried it and I find it easier.

I understand, I usually speak English at home but sometimes speak Mandarin, and my husband can only reply in Cantonese.

But consider BJY grew up/studied in US, earned his PhD degree in University of Maryland,  guest professor, worked with FBI.....BJY should be very comfortable speaking English when necessary.   I just feel the director should allow more time for the actor to adopt the dialogues, not go with the easy way. 

I understand, I usually speak English at home but sometimes speak Mandarin, and my husband can only reply in Cantonese.

But consider BJY grew up/studied in US, earned his PhD degree in University of Maryland,  guest professor, worked with FBI.....BJY should be very comfortable speaking English when necessary.   I just feel the director should allow more time for the actor to adopt the dialogues, not go with the easy way. 

It does seem  like the writers opted for the easy way out, by having them raving in two different language. 

@ shiuanchou I'm glad you also felt the editing and directing were a bit messy..id have to agree. (but we couldn't expect a perfect drama, but it's so close:wub:) i haven't read the book yet because i feel it would mess up my perception of the drama and my expectations would rise to levels that i know cant be reached (production wise). Whenever i see a movie or a show that is based off a book/manga etc i tend to watch first before i read. That is so i can get the details and extras that where not put in the show to make me fall more in love with the works.ex. Memoirs of a Geisha . With that said i was a tad confused about them catching the stalker, i thought it happened fast, they were ready for it too soon for my taste. Granted i just chalked it up to smarty Simon and his just as smart gang who was ready to catch more than one criminal..kill two birds with one stone. 

I hope they release the official soundtrack too! I'm still in search of that sexy guitar instrumental played during the fireworks scene in EP5!

Omg, that's just gonna be awesome. I realy really like that instrumental piece!  Hot smokin Wallace, with one hand inside his pocket, walking away from the fireworks is engraving in my mind forever!!! Even just remembering it now make my heart thumping hard, hahaha

Omg, tell me about it. That scene is one of my favorite scenes from the drama. Wallace can walk it! I think I've replayed that scene a million times! Lol. 

Exactly what I did!! :wub:  Love that scene, the song. I recorded it and sort of modified/chopped up some bits to create a ring tone ;) my sexy ringtone... :P 

Btw I know I am crazy but I have placed an order for the novel! wooooo! :wub: 
:w00t: I will attempt to read it when I get it :D ah... how did I end up loving chinese dramas (and some novels!) so much? I always thought I'd only stop at Japanese and Korean, didn't expect this. Not that I have anything against it... it's just surprising :o

Okay, it's Tuesday. It's 2 days more to a fleeting paradise.

The weibo for LMIYD updated with this video:

http://www.miaopai.com/show/ePv-9EjeNDPwMSSvV3xfuA__.htm

@fruitkatsu Thanks for the vid.  Damn it!  When you have this cocky handsome Man staring at you with that kind of smile, my heart will beat a million times and legs turn to jelly.   I think the scene may be simplified.  If you read the novel, it's even more romantic and detail and I would imagine them sitting next to each other than opposite each other.  Not sure whether they will include the indirect kiss.  :wub:  I feel sorry for XuRan who knows these two obviously only have eyes for each other.  It's difficult to compete against someone who is just as handsome, very clever and overly confident.  I hope the author gives XuRan a good wife in the sequel.

@afufubing  Yeeeesssss.. we are getting closer to those honey sexy parts.  Can't wait for the translation!  

@funnyhunny07 .  The stalker bit has not ended.  That you will only find out towards the last few eps of the drama. 

@shiuanchou  I think BJY and FZY conversing in Mandarin to Susan is fine with me.  I would rather have them conversing in perfect Mandarin and Susan in perfect English rather than BJY and FZY trying to speak perfect English with American twang, or Susan trying to speak perfect Mandarin with China twang and ending up neither here nor there.  It takes time to building that perfect English with American accent so they need to make a choice and determine the priorities.  

BTW, have you watch Slum Dog Millionaire?  Do you know that the male lead does not speak with an Indian accent?  He speaks with a British accent!  The perfect situation is to get a local Indian actor to act to get that perfect twang or settle for an Indian British who grew up in U.K.  and does not speak with an Indian twang.  

Guest chocmagma

Hello everyone! :w00t:

I have a good news! *insert drum roll* TWO DAYS TO THURSDAY! Yeaaaaay!

Good idea, @gracebkk! We have to inform the writer so that she knows that many international fans are totally into her works. It'd be great if she decided to translate the novel. I'd definitely gonna buy it!

I'm quite happy that the drama gave Fu Zi Yu  a bigger role, that actor is a delight to watch. 

Me too! I love his expressions everytime he's with BJY. The way he advises JY, really like BJY's mom. He's definitely someone who knows BJY inside out.

I am with all of you guys. I wanna know about BJY and FZY's past relationship. I hope we can see that in the drama.

@bebebisous33 the mastermind as analysed by BJY is someone who wants to achieve more than him, so that BJY can acknowledge and 'see' him. He even left a message that he is BJY's buddy (during the investigation at the resort). IMHO, he's someone who is so obsessed with BJY. He did everything for BJY. Thus it's not wrong for you bebebisous33 to imagine that :)

As for me, what is so unique about the novel and the drama is that we can connect them together. It's like the drama is the missing puzzles of the novel. The former explains what the writer couldnt in the novel. I hardly find both the novel and the drama are interesting, but looks like this one is the exception. I enjoy reading and watching them, and totally addicted to it :wub:

@BellyButton I remember that scene. LOL. FZY and JY are very patient people! They can tolerate childish BJY without getting mad. Even JY admits that actually she wanted to accept straight away the job offered by BJY but yeah, it's not wrong to play tricks sometimes xD

@mtp1nk replied with the link ;)

I would have thought that reading the novel would spoil the drama for me and make me slack on watching it but the the two are complementing each other and it's a pleasure when I get a new chapter or 2 new episodes. When I read a chapter, I can't help but think about how they would portray it in the drama plus when I watch the drama, reading the novel helps for a better understanding since the drama can't really cover all the details in the novel plus we can read the thoughts of the characters and it's not really easy to always include that in the drama.

About the acting, I think that apart from the highly emotional scenes of JY that I feel are a little cringeworthy, the acting is overall quite good and even the foreign actors are good (which is quite rare in korean dramas lol).

The cinematography and the directing are nice. The editing is sometimes abrupt but I have to add that I love the way they give us the reconstruction of the crimes from BJY's POV, it reminds me of Agatha Christie's novels that I use to eat up when I was in middle school and high school and that ruined my eyesight because I wouldn't stop reading them even after my parents turned off the lights for me to sleep :sweatingbullets:

On 11/17/2015 at 3:48 AM, BellyButton said:

@chocmagma   Yeah, can't wait for another two eps in two days ' time!  

Ziyu:  She is snubbing you? (Squeals in delight to the annoyance of BYJ).  

MOD EDIT: Please do note quote images, gifs, and videos

ya lol why there are only 2episodes per week?

im waiting for the fully subbed. and @dfr_estelle thanks for your recap, it helps me a lot. and also @afufubing for posting the novel translation link, seriously help me a lot ^^ cuz not many scenes were different from the novel especially their lovey dovey, hehe...

i recommended this drama to my fellow C-drama lovers... and even my friends who love Thai lakorn, hehe... i hope they'll like it as much as i like it, nope.. cuz now i'm loving it!!! :D:wub:

THANK YOU EVERYONE for posting the gifs... huaaaa... many many many thank you ^^ hehe

tumblr_mvyzhnJm7L1rnyjtso1_250.gif

I hope they release the official soundtrack too! I'm still in search of that sexy guitar instrumental played during the fireworks scene in EP5!

Omg, that's just gonna be awesome. I realy really like that instrumental piece!  Hot smokin Wallace, with one hand inside his pocket, walking away from the fireworks is engraving in my mind forever!!! Even just remembering it now make my heart thumping hard, hahaha

Omg, tell me about it. That scene is one of my favorite scenes from the drama. Wallace can walk it! I think I've replayed that scene a million times! Lol. 

Exactly what I did!! :wub:  Love that scene, the song. I recorded it and sort of modified/chopped up some bits to create a ring tone ;) my sexy ringtone... :P 

Btw I know I am crazy but I have placed an order for the novel! wooooo! :wub: 
:w00t: I will attempt to read it when I get it :D ah... how did I end up loving chinese dramas (and some novels!) so much? I always thought I'd only stop at Japanese and Korean, didn't expect this. Not that I have anything against it... it's just surprising :o

Okay, it's Tuesday. It's 2 days more to a fleeting paradise.

The weibo for LMIYD updated with this video:

http://www.miaopai.com/show/ePv-9EjeNDPwMSSvV3xfuA__.htm

Oh my dear XR! I totally love seeing the tension/flirting between the otp but I feel sad for you too. Hope you will find your own happiness too! Your voice is very deep btw, it was the only thing in the video which distracted me from the otp :P

lol i posted on a wrong thread about how much i love this drama

anyway this is my first chinese drama and oh my gosh its so good!i finished the 10 episodes in two days and i plan to rewatch them again over the weekend. Wallace is just...... WOW i don't even know how to explain it. The assistant is so funny and Andy is the best thing ever. and Jian yao is so intelligent and pretty. the story line is interesting and some of the crimes are gross but so much detail is put into them that i have to say the writer definitely knows what he or she is doing ( or at least is following the novel ? cause i heard its based of a book ?)

@MeronA, welcome to the thread for the love of this drama.

Did you come across the link to the translated novel?  If not, here is the link: http://lmfyd.blogspot.com.au/

I have also posted links to an interview with the author, Ding Mo, the chinese novel and the LMIYD official weibo.  But they are in Chinese.  Suggest using google translate to read if you do not know Chinese.

Archived