[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Love Me If You Dare (When He Comes Close Your Eyes) 他来了请闭眼

jwand

Whoa I swear I was just here two days ago and more than three pages to read through...ah Wallace you will be the death of me and so many others...so jealous of Jian Yao getting all this attention from Jin Bao even if it is not your typical attention which makes it so special..Sandra is totally growing on me even though I ship HuaYing..Sandra is totally adorable and likable

I'm on the fence about a sequel since producers royally screw up and I have my concerns for a sequel because

1) if the cast and I mean Wallace and Sandra don't participate then you know it will just ruin the characters e.g. HQG 2015 was so bad 

2) if sohu is making a spin-off rather than an actual sequel then I do not expect same quality

3) most of the time they f-up sequels e.g. BBJX and HQG 

4) sequels are normally a ploy to make more money and not truly a fan service but disservice

5) basically do not mess up if there is a sequel

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they decide to continue with a sequel, we only need two things besides the story itself. 1) return of main cast and 2) Shandong Productions' involvement. I heard the the production company only produces a small amount of dramas but whenever they do they do it right :) if it's in their hands We don't have to worry much.

edit: so Shandong produced Battle of Changsha too in which Wallace was the male lead. *thumbs up*

@Seoshi.love. Shandong also produced Nirvana in Fire. Although Im not watching it, I can certainly tell the difference of production betwen NiF vs other historicals. The dubbing was done mainly by the actors, which makes it more watchable. Even though I love TJoF (my first cdrama ever), the quality of filming is not even close to Nirvana in Fire. Wallace cooperated with Shandong twice already. I wonder if it has to be with Wallace's heritage. He is of "Shandongnese" descent.. :P :rolleyes:...accoding to wikipedia. 

@BellyButton were you the one who said LMIFD was a network drama? What's a network drama? 

@kklucybv101 HQG2015 was a total flop. I only saw 1 episode and had to quit. However, the alternate ending of Best Time by Sohu was needed. Lol. I was so pissed at the ending of Best Time, but when I realized that Sohu produced 2 alternate endings, I felt better. But I agree, sequels in form of spin offs suck. 

Today the translator translated 2 chapters (chapter 39 & 40)!!! And seriously this got to be the cutest scene in chapter 40!!

Jian Yao secretly hopes that time will be still, and she could remain in his arms forever.  

But…

Jian Yao looks at Bo Jinyan.  His face looks annoyed. Very annoyed.  She wonders what made him so angry.

“Maybe you should let me down.” says Jian Yao. “Other people are walking this way.”  

Bo Jinyan looks at her: “So, what does me carrying you have to do with other people? ”
Jian Yao: “….”

The officer in charge has arrived.  He sees Bo Jinyan carrying Jian Yao: “Is Xiao -Jian alright?”

She is just about to reply when Bo Jinyan speaks on her behalf: “She is ok.  It’s not serious.”

Bo Jinyan looks at the people around him.  He adjusts the position of his arms slightly so that Jian Yao is more comfortable.  Then he starts: 

“Huo Xiao Lu is the murderer.  We found evidence…”  

He explained what’s happened to the officer. They listen intently to what Professor Bo has to say.

And at that time, Jian Yao was lying in his arms.  She blushes.

• He is doing his briefing in front of everyone while holding someone in his arms.  

After he finishes, he says to the officer in charge: “We will leave it.  You can take over from here.”

The officer in charge is surprised.  Bo Jinyan is like a new gem the department has discovered.  Now that he has seen how good Bo Jinyan is, he wants all the help he can get. 

“Can you stay behind to guide the rest of the search?  I can send a couple of officers to accompany Xiao Jian to the hospital….  Xiao Chen, Xiao Zhou.  Please go with Xiao Jian.”

When Jian Yao heard Xiao Chen’s name, something tells her it’s not a good idea.  

As expected.  Bo Jinyan gives Xiao Chen an icy glance.  Xiao Chen looks a little embarrassed too.  He stays quiet.  

“Gee.. you really know how to choose…”Bo Jinyan says sarcastically to the officer in charge. 
The officer in charge is perplexed at his comment.  Jian Yao elbows Bo Jinyan lightly in his chest.

Bo Jinyan looks down at her.  Then he tells the officer in charge: “My work here is done.  Later, I will follow up with the criminal analysis.  Goodbye.”

And this one:

He looks into her eyes: “Is it painful?”

It’s actually not that bad, but Jian Yao answers softly: “Mmm… quite painful.” She lifts her eyes to look at him.

His answer is brisk: “Just endure it.” 

But then, he adds: “I will put some ice on it when we get home.”

“…. ok.”

He looks at her feet: “Take off your shoe.”

He holds her left foot with his hand.  As his fingertips touch her sole, it feels cold and ticklish.  Her face is blushing again.

But he doesn’t seem to notice her shyness.  He examines the foot and says: “A little swollen, but nothing major. A lot less spectacular compared to the horn on your head.”

Jian Yao gives him a glance of disapproval.  

What a day.  She sighs: “Would the knock make me more stupid…”

Bo Jinyan has gone back to the driver’s seat and started the car.  He starts to get out of the complex: “Don’t worry, my IQ is 180, doesn’t matter if you lose a bit of your IQ.  You have me.” 

Where's Jinyan in our lives when we need someone like this?!?! >.< 

Hello everyone. newbie here love to jump in. i just start to watch this drama yesterday because i can't get hold my self seeing wallace keep "looking" at me on my viki page, lol. And Wow, just wow! This is my first ever cdrama and im totally hook!  I marathoned the whole ep, and im now totally "obssesed" by it hahaha. 

I hope the sequel will be good, and both original cast are in! 

I woke up today with a strange feeling that chapters 39 & 40 would be up. I can't believe my strange feeling was right :/ anyway I really really want us to reach those important chapters quickly :P

I haven't watched eps 9 & 10 with subs yet. I feel like if I watch it with subs now, it will be over soon. And I have to wait so long for the next two episodes.

Btw, I wonder if we will have the scene of Jian Yao rolling down the stairs and Jin Yan caring for her. And their movie date too! That's all supposed to happen before Jin Yan tells Zi Yu he's fallen in love with Jian Yao. :w00t:

Just saying hi to everyone here~ 

I'm so glad that I chanced upon this series. The moment I was done watching the teasers, I knew that I was hooked. The story, the casting, the cinematography, everything is, well, perfect. The two leads are giving their characters justice. Forgive me for saying this but Wallace is just s*x on legs... hot and smart... Ok, i think i already my point :sweatingbullets:

Also, i would like to express my gratitude to the subbers, the blogger who continuously translates the novel, and everyone here for sharing the pain i go through waiting every week for new eps of this amazing and delightfully entertaining series. 

Til later, everyone;):wub:

Just watched EP9&10!! LOVE LOVE LOVE EP10! I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with Prof. Bo!! I like how the writers balance crime, romance and comedy you never get too much of one genre....although I do wanna see more romance. LOL. Shandong Production is officially on my favorites list. I really enjoyed Battle of Changsha and now I'm really enjoying this one. I hope they use Wallace more in the future, because they have quality production!!! And I love Wallace!

@Callie888  Ding Mo mentioned she is writing the sequel to LMIYD and Director Hou (Shandong) did mention that they might have a sequel for this drama and then finally Sohu confirmed they will have a sequel to LMIYD.  If Sohu confirmed, then it should be confirmed (they are the main investor).  I would assume the cast would be the same?  We will just have to wait for more news.

i hope i can listen the LMIYD2 novel soon. Also the same sequel will remain in the drama too

@chocmagma: havent received the PM though TT_TT

Wow, some of you have watched with subs. made me so envy..argh..why does the drama only air 2x a week....can't wait for the development of the couple...Actually I believe, guys like BJY, who is quiet and smart, are usually very caring to the one he loves....

I bet he must be sweet with her after they become a couple...

< this scene is so cute >

Jian Yao is reading the papers when she feels someone is starring at her.  

It’s a familiar gaze.  She can see from the corners of her eyes that Bo Jinyan is looking at her. 

She blushes.

Today, she has tied her hair up, showing her shoulders.  She can tell that Bo Jinyan are starring at her shoulders. 

She pretends not to notice, and continues to eat her breakfast.

-  He is still starring…

“Are you going for a beauty contest today?” He finally speaks.

Jian Yao blushes even more.  She takes a look at him.  He does not seem to be ‘attracted’ by the looks.  He’s merely commenting on the fact that she looks different today.  

“Well, you said we are going to meet someone from the Central Police Station today.” says Jian Yao, “I thought it would be nice to leave him a good first impression.”

Bo Jinyan thinks for a few seconds: “Then why didn’t you dress like this the first time we met?  Is it not necessary to leave me a good first impression?” 

Jian Yao laughs: “But you don’t care.  In fact, you don’t know how to appreciate woman.  Why should I care about what kind of first impressions I will leave you?”

Bo Jinyan doesn't look pleased. 

As she stands up to wash her hands, she hears his voice from behind her: “I don’t know? 33C, 22, 34.” 

Jian Yao is dumbfounded.  Then she realised….. It’s her measurements! 

She turns around to stare at him: “How… how did you know?  You read my medical files?” 

Bo Jinyan gives an impish smile: “Did you think that is necessary?  I can tell just by looking.”  As he speaks, he continues to ‘scan’ her.

Jian Yao: “Stop looking at me!”

@vilincia,

Can you tell me what episode it is?

Guest chocmagma

Hello! :w00t:

@mtp1nk I sent another PM. I hope you receive it :) If you still havent received it, can you PM me first? So that I can reply yours with the link ;)

@bebebisous33 you can find the translated novel here: http://lmfyd.blogspot.my/

I'm done watching ep 9 and 10 yesterday. Seriously I cant get enough of them! BJY so cheeky making fun of JY by calling her "Queen" and "Ma'am". I also love to see how FZY always supporting BJY no matter what BJY is doing, and the ability to 'read' BJY, FZY is really a good friend. One that you cant get easily :wub:

@bebebisous33  Here's the translatiion link which was posted earlier: http://lmfyd.blogspot.com.au/

@ornellaru  @chocmagma  Oh well, I do not have Ding Mo's email but we could post on her weibo telling her that the novel has won many international fans and we would love to see her novels translated into English.  At least she knows the popularity of her novels and that we are looking forward to her sequel.  Here's the link to her weibo.  You may need a weibo account in order to post?  http://www.weibo.com/jjdingmo?from=usercardnew

@kklucybv10  @Seoshi.love  @bubblyb00   Agree that sequels are doubtful if it's only made in mind to milk the interest but as pointed out by Seoshi and bubbly, I am less worried in the hands of Shandong Productions.  They have a very good reputation as an organisation which prides itself in producing quality and serious dramas.  I recently read an interview, and Shandong Productions said they would not sacrifice quality for short term popularity.  I think that is a good strategy because reputation is something which takes time to build and we do not want to ruin what we have painstakingly build just for short term gains.  I trust this organisation because they are proven to be good and reliable.  I have earlier posted that LMIYD is like a pilot series where they tested the waters.  The whole novel requires more than 24 eps that's why for those who has read the novel, you know that not all the chapters are included.

@bubbly, I am not too familiar with network drama but my impression is that it is something like netflix ie. the main audience are internet based.  I heard the regulation is less strict for network drama which is good because of the gore and sinister theme of this drama many scenes would not have made it and it will spoil the novel.  It is the first time Shandong Productions is involved in networking drama.  They are very good with 'war dramas' hence the Battle of Changsa.  But the Battle of Changsa is different from their normal war dramas.  Instead of concentrating on patriotism, the theme was more on the effects of war on an upper middle class family.  They wanted to reach out to the younger audience so they injected a bit of romance in the drama. One of the best dramas I have ever watched in terms of serious/literary theme.  Every time I listen to the drama song "I will remember you'", I shed tears for the characters in the drama.  BTW, XuRan's father was the Granduncle in Battle of Changsa.  For those who has watched BOC, where you aware?

I found this on weibo.  It is not in the drama because they didn't show this angle.  OMG... I was drooling over JinYan.  That face, that expression and how he slowly unbutton his shirt.  Phew .. HOT HOT HOT..

KjxVXfd.gif

@BellyButton you are so resourceful :lol::w00t::wub: that gif tho, where is Ma Si Chun looking at!? Woman, you're looking in the wrong direction!! :phew: She looks so stunned like as if, you know, this is maybe a second practice for Huo Jian Hua to unbutton his shirt. And Ma Si Chun already saw it the first time round, and she became so stunned, repeating the scene in her head and she misses out on the real life action! 

Sorry, I need to calm down ;) 

P.s. the words in the gif say "left hand" and then "right hand".

Guest shiuanchou

I just finished the book and went back to watch eps 4 and 5 again but did not see the foreshadowing from the book...I wonder how the script writer explains it later.

I like the actress who played Jian Yao, but I feel her emotions when reading professor BJY's file and saw his scars were a little too much, like she was trying hard to cry, but later when she told BJY "don't mind me, go read your book" that went back to her natural acting.

Hello everyone :) new in this thread.  I discovered this lovely drama a week back and marathoned all the eps! Its sooo good right now that I was bursting to gush about it and found this thread here. I am so glad to have found this and thank you @jwand for starting the thread. Hope to enjoy it with you all.

I have never seen any of the leads in anything before so I didnt have any expectations of them but I must say they are doing a great job. BJY is such an awesome character to see :D I am loving him played by Wallace Huo.

Thought I'd share something I found because I was curious. If you guys see the opening credit film and the 15 min long trailer you may have noticed that a Black Tulip is shown, giving an important indication to BJY [I wont spoil it by saying what the hint is :P ]. It turns out that Black Tulips are considered special, exceptional and rare in the world of horticulture. They are also extant because of artificial culture i.e. they are hybrids. They symbolize strength, power and royalty! I am not sure if it was intended to have a deep meaning but it does and since BJY is the intended receiver of the Black Tulip you can guess how the sender views him as B)

Here is a link in case anyone is interested. The firm is a finance firm but they dug out this info on the Black Tulip :)

http://blacktulip.ca/why-black-tulip/

@valsava unni and @bebebisous33 hello! Glad to see you both over here :wub:

Archived