[Current Drama 2015/2016] All About My Mom 부탁해요 엄마

joy17

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah, I can't wait for subs to understand what Oppa and Maknae were shouting at each other about at the end of ep.47. No matter what, Oppa is so wrong in his actions. I have no words to defend him. I hope his wife will scold him good (okay, knowing HJ, more like strongly express her disappointment in him) when they get home. Sad to see that Oppa turned back into being a jerk, but I know he will be given a chance to redeem himself later. I really hope HJ can rein him in.

Can I please say I once again blame HJ's mom for what happened? She not only added fuel to the fire, but also continued with fanning the flames. I'm sorry, but I've never liked her, and now I'm beginning to dislike her. She isn't a wise person.

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Gah, I can't wait for subs to understand what Oppa and Maknae were shouting at each other about at the end of ep.47. No matter what, Oppa is so wrong in his actions. I have no words to defend him. I hope his wife will scold him good (okay, knowing HJ, more like strongly express her disappointment in him) when they get home. Sad to see that Oppa turned back into being a jerk, but I know he will be given a chance to redeem himself later. I really hope HJ can rein him in.

Can I please say I once again blame HJ's mom for what happened? She not only added fuel to the fire, but also continued with fanning the flames. I'm sorry, but I've never liked her, and now I'm beginning to dislike her. She isn't a wise person.

Haven't the chance to watch it yet.  If the brothers reach the boiling point next ep maybe youngest will spill the beans though it's more likely to be used as a cliffhanger at the end than the beginning of the ep.  But there are still 6 eps left so maybe he'll be a jerk for a little bit more.  From now it's basically fillers.

*edit*

I just watched it.  One, there is nothing substantial in this ep.  Two, when the brothers started fighting, I started laughing just like Momma Sidedish because the scenario was so ridiculous.  It came out of nowhere.  I've never seen such badly written schmoe. :lol:  Please tell there is something between the ears of the person who wrote this.

The youngest now knows the truth and he can see what he is about to lose, HG was not raised to think about anyone but himself, his attraction to JH is she is the opposite of his mother and sister so she needs protection, his way of disrespecting his mother is way over the top and he thinks that he is just looking out for his wife, but the things he said today will stab his heart for years after his mother passes. I was so glad when HS popped him one. The problem I'm having is that he has treated his own family like crap this whole drama and when he learn's the truth he will be the one hurt the most but the sad thing is all the kids disregard their mother, and never have a kind thought or feeling for her but the moment they find out how ill she is we will see the water works. I would have lived if this drama had made them come to appreciate and understand who she is learning the truth about her illness. Because how can you differentiate the changes they will go through. How will we know that what they will be feeling isn't guilt and that's way different than love. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want to see the husband and children realize who and what their mother is to them and understand how much they were loved. 

If I was HS I would punch HG much much harder, the way HG over protecting his in laws makes him become a horrible jerk now. Why SO was laughing? because 1) she got hurt deeply by what HG said and treated her 2) his 2 sons fight each other 3) she just can't cry anymore to witness that terrible moment. The ending scene is definitely not for viewers to sit there and laugh at it.

HJ's mom: trouble maker. HJ herself: unbelievably feeble. HG: wait boy, you are gonna live with sorrow later.

These 3 actors and actresses delivering such great performance as they make most of everyone hate the characters. 

1 hour ago, LavelyShai said:

What happened in today's episode? I saw the clips and San was crying & pushed Hyeong Gyu? What even caused him to do that? I need this to hurry up and be subbed so I can watch them together lol 

I think it was because HG was scolding him about drawing on his work papers.

I used to like San but hes a spoiled little brat hes annoying. And it was good to see that HJ and her mother were all ganging up on HG cause whenever his mother did 'something ' to HJ he is quick to yell and scream.

3 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

What happened in today's episode? I saw the clips and San was crying & pushed Hyeong Gyu? What even caused him to do that? I need this to hurry up and be subbed so I can watch them together lol 

Just last week I was saying it was interesting how the in-laws somehow appreciated Mom more than her own children especially the siblings. San Ok's kids take her for granted, they know her personality so that allows them to completely disregard her even if she starts acting strange. The only ones who were truly worried for her when she left were the ones she didn't give birth to and her husband, Hyeong Gyu called her multiple times, but that's about it. He really didn't put forth any real effort to find her. I also would have loved for her kids to appreciate her before they find out about her being sick, Jin Ae is halfway there since she tends to think about her mom more than the other 2, but still it's not enough. It's bad her own husband seemed to take the time to get her, but even his sister was more worried. 

I do agree that he is attracted to Hye Joo because she's the opposite of his mother/sister thus he has no one to really counter his opinions. Hye Joo does stand up for herself, but not to the extent of his own family so I think he enjoys not having anyone with a strong personality like his. So when he married her, he (like you said) began to protect her, but at the expense of his own family. No matter what his mother did and didn't do, he overreacted & disrespected her. He allows his MIL to talk about his mom so she thinks it's okay to continue to say such things when it isn't especially in front of San. He's pushed his own family aside, but he'll need them before any of them will need or want anything from him. I really have nothing else to add to what you said because it's spot on, Hyeong Gyu has been a rude jerk to his family & there's no way I can excuse his behavior. He can be angry with his mom, but his actions have proven he hasn't learned anything. 

True.  The elder son is probably attracted to his new wife because she seems to be the opposite  of his mom & sister. The latter are both strong and  he might have felt emasculated (mom especially) and  with his incompetent wife he probably feels strong & accomplished.  But he's deluded....seems he'll be even more emasculated by his 'new' family, including the step son. he can't even act like a father with him without being accused of picking on the step son !!!

Is the mother really intending to leave the store to her elder daughter in law? Or is it only the son's assumption? Because if that's her intention then that's the pinnacle of favoritism and she'd deserve his disrespect because he takes her so much for granted. I mean the youngest son works in someone else's store so shouldn't she leave the store to him at least? Hasn't she learned her lesson with the ungrateful jerk that is her eldest son?

8 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

Just last week I was saying it was interesting how the in-laws somehow appreciated Mom more than her own children especially the siblings. San Ok's kids take her for granted, they know her personality so that allows them to completely disregard her even if she starts acting strange. The only ones who were truly worried for her when she left were the ones she didn't give birth to and her husband, Hyeong Gyu called her multiple times, but that's about it. He really didn't put forth any real effort to find her. I also would have loved for her kids to appreciate her before they find out about her being sick, Jin Ae is halfway there since she tends to think about her mom more than the other 2, but still it's not enough. It's bad her own husband seemed to take the time to get her, but even his sister was more worried. 

I do agree that he is attracted to Hye Joo because she's the opposite of his mother/sister thus he has no one to really counter his opinions. Hye Joo does stand up for herself, but not to the extent of his own family so I think he enjoys not having anyone with a strong personality like his. So when he married her, he (like you said) began to protect her, but at the expense of his own family. No matter what his mother did and didn't do, he overreacted & disrespected her. He allows his MIL to talk about his mom so she thinks it's okay to continue to say such things when it isn't especially in front of San. He's pushed his own family aside, but he'll need them before any of them will need or want anything from him. I really have nothing else to add to what you said because it's spot on, Hyeong Gyu has been a rude jerk to his family & there's no way I can excuse his behavior. He can be angry with his mom, but his actions have proven he hasn't learned anything. 

Well said but his punishment will come from his new family because he is starting to see that they stick together and that in their home he is the third wheel. Even the kid ignores and disrespects him while JH and her mom allows it. In the end I can see him using his mother's illness as a way to move back home, only this time he will not be the sun that the others revolve around.

Actually, I think oldest son's predicament with his new family will bring him around to appreciating more of what his mother constantly preached to her kids.... respect elders and do the right thing.  Mom came down somewhat hard on little San when he didn't address elders properly, and everyone around made excuses for him and she was chastised for "being too strict with a small child".  But the truth is, her kids were instructed and prepared  for the future (in social skills) , and it isn't her fault that San's mother and grandmother were too lazy to instruct him adequately.  Not only did San scribble on the legal documents, he wrote insulting and bratty things about his new step-Dad.  At some point between the bad food and "not gettin' any" with his new bride, he's going to erupt.

Dear son-in-law finally had to tell his father-in-law about Mom's illness when Dad left for the bath house and didn't come home.  Mom is having a very hard time dealing with her illness, so the tension is in the air at home.  Next week should show us a new Dad who now has to prepare himself for the final months.

제49부
동출은 병원에서 산옥의 병을 치료할 방법이 없단 말을 듣고 좌절한다. 형규는 산이와 가까워지려 노력하지만 오히려 사이가 더 악화되고, 불편해하는 산이를 위해서 혜주에게 잠시 떨어져 지내자고 하는데…

EP49
Dong Chool is frustrated when he hears from the hospital that there's no cure to San Ok's illness.
Hyeong Gyu works hard to get close to San but instead it got worse, and for the sake of San who is being uncomfortable, he decides to leave Hye Joo briefly...

Interesting turn of relationships.... I haven't watched ep.48 at all coz rather busy with life and work. Will do so maybe tomorrow. Not feeling the urge to quickly watch the show as it's heading to a direction that I'm not too interested. Will still watch till the last episode tho' (hope nothing serious happened to make me ditch the show). But come to think of it, I'm actually not skipping as many scenes as before because I'm interested to see how Mom's illness is being developed and how everyone is reacting to it.

1 hour ago, yaqiyuki said:

제49부
동출은 병원에서 산옥의 병을 치료할 방법이 없단 말을 듣고 좌절한다. 형규는 산이와 가까워지려 노력하지만 오히려 사이가 더 악화되고, 불편해하는 산이를 위해서 혜주에게 잠시 떨어져 지내자고 하는데…

EP49
Dong Chool is frustrated when he hears from the hospital that there's no cure to San Ok's illness.
Hyeong Gyu works hard to get close to San but instead it got worse, and for the sake of San who is being uncomfortable, he decides to leave Hye Joo briefly...

HG is now slowly realizing that the grass is not  always greener on the other side ...only it looks prettier. Mom in law YJ is best at making snide cutting remarks about Sanok and being nauseously  kittenish towards  Dong Chool  but a  failure as a mom who because she wanted a  Doctor son in law, pushed her unwilling daughter into a disastrous marriage, Daughter HJ is only at her best when making halfhearted protests and quivering lips and half lidded  pitifu lside glances. Grandson is on best behavior to outside world but a spoilt boy who throws tantrums to get his way and  Scratch the surface of HG's new family and you see  a shrew mom in law, a quivering indecisive eye candy wife and an obnoxious bratty stepson.. Poetic punishment 

12 hours ago, yaqiyuki said:

제49부

EP49

I honestly dont get San's character i mean he was never like this before they were married so strange.

And I honestly think that HJ is gonna flip at mother in law for the chores she has to do and HG is gonna defent his wife or his mother. But now i just hope HG is gonna flip again at his mother and when he finds out shes ill he gonna be in so much pain. I just wanna see him cry his eyes out and regret being so spoiled

Archived