[Current Drama 2015/2016] All About My Mom 부탁해요 엄마

joy17

I was watching/skipping the unsubbed ep 50 ( oh heck not the last one:(). It looks like Sanok is being changed into mother of the year model. I think in real life, she would have left the shop to yong sun. He is working in restaurants, many times unemployed. She was referring to him as her baby boy with such fondness. ^_^ this is strange passing your only asset that you have built for 20 years to someone else's daughter who does not even want to live with you.

ummm B)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you guys too! The actors/actresses are doing their best and they deserve this high rating. However, the script is just above average, I must say. It is a good script itself but since there are 50 eps, now 54, it seems the writers were lost at some point. They tried to made it more dramatic and the characters just acted unreasonably to each other. 

Anyway, I adore the relationship between SO and CR. Its any girl's dream to have MIL treating them that way. Although CR is quite spoiled at first, she is still somehow arrogant now, she seems like the type of girl who is warmed-heart and totally affected to people she loves. That's why SO treats her as her youngest daughter, be strict when needed but mostly adore CR, told her to go out and do what she wanted. Look like CR is more thankful to SO than her own kids. 

On 1/31/2016 at 11:33 PM, LavelyShai said:

Lmao That's the weirdest thing. She has the basic skills & knows what to do, but can't seem to replicate taste. Poor Hye Joo hahaha 

Oh, I never saw Thrice Married Woman, was that good?

People's palate is kind of fixed.  If a person is used to salty food, they'll find good tasting food bland and vice versa.  If she thinks Momma Sidedish's food is delicious, there's no reason why she's okay with her terrible tasting food.  I mean who would want to continue eating terrible tasting food 3 meals a day especially when they prepare the food themselves.  :crazy:  (And it's not rocket science to improve on taste, just a lot on trials and errors.  So we go back to the excuse is her problematic palate but it's wrong because she likes Momma Sidedish's food.  I can't find myself out of this paradox.)  Her character is a sincere hard working lady but somehow also isn't motivated to fix the taste.  :huh:  Yar.

I only watched SYE's part in Thrice Marriage Woman and I felt it was same crazy stuff but the craziness was more even than this drama.  I liked Son Yeo Eun's character and I think she did a great job there.  I also liked her pairing with Song Chang Eui.  In short, that and this both left a lot to be desired and I wouldn't want to watch again.  The strange thing is Thrice Marriage Woman was written by the same writer who wrote Life is Beautiful and that was a much better drama than both of these (and I don't recall there were gimmicks to boost rating but the rating got good for LIB.)  When I saw Lee Sang Woo and Son Yeo Eun in one scene, I couldn't help thinking that her husband (Song Chang Eui) in Thrice Marriage Woman was his lover in Life is Beautiful and now they're in-laws in All about Mom.  :lol:    

6 hours ago, maribella said:

I was watching/skipping the unsubbed ep 50 ( oh heck not the last one:(). It looks like Sanok is being changed into mother of the year model. I think in real life, she would have left the shop to yong sun. He is working in restaurants, many times unemployed. She was referring to him as her baby boy with such fondness. ^_^ this is strange passing your only asset that you have built for 20 years to someone else's daughter who does not even want to live with you.

ummm B)

Like you, I too can't make head or tail out of momma sidedish 's decision to rope in princess as heiress to her "stupid" shop. By the way, it was kind of fun to watch Mr and Mrs Louse  exerting their rights as eldest son and eldest daughter in law in ep. 48 after failing in so many aspects earlier. Louse smacked his brother but needn't apologise as Mrs Louse forbade it but  when Louse was admonishing Mrs Louse's brat for destroying his legal documents and physically pushing him, he had to apologise repeatedly  to shrew mom in law, pouty wife and even bratty stepson...what irony. 

Yay! Maknaes are back together! The tears I shed for seeing CR leave was worth every drop to see them finally got back together at the end of episode. I'm loving them lately, because despite being the maknaes, they both have shown the most maturity in handling Mom's illness. They are able to put aside their personal disputes for the time being and honored Mom's wish of not being found out about her illness by pretending/acting they are back together.

4 episodes to comment on, where do I even start... I'm sure I'll miss something but here goes for now:

Some ppl are hating Sunshine Couple more in the latest installment. For me, they are still my most adored couple/characters. It's just really too bad their characters were not given too much growth opportunities, only until after they got married that they appear more on screen and interact more with the rest of the families. And even so, they've been painted in the worst light they don't really deserved. That of course is my personal opinion. I now have accepted that the writer will continue to smear Oppa and he's the designated bad guy here (every drama needs one, no?) esp.after seeing the preview for ep.51. But I still see him showing improvements as a human being. He takes in HJ's advice to be nicer to his parents. He acknowledges that he is a rude jerk and it's hard to change that habit, esp. towards his mom. I can definitely relate to him on how it's difficult to act otherwise towards his mom. I don't think that lessen any of his love for his parents though.

Marriage is never easy. Even without the extra baggage (in this case, a child San's age) when the honeymoon ends is literally when the honeymoon ends. I'm actually glad that HG is experiencing whatever he's experiencing in his in-law's place. That forced him to see another side of life, and in turn of course allows him to grow into a better person, and that is what I'm looking forward to as we head towards finale. Even HS knows that his oppa is not a person who apologizes, and doesn't expect that of him. However, not long after that, we see Oppa initiated apology towards his stepson, MIL, and wifey. He does need to be put in different position to learn something new.

@Shinobu asked who will be the last person to find out. My bet is on JA, not Oppa. Why? Because JA and HJ are the main couple here. HJ be the first to find out, and JA be the last to find out will be more poetic ;-P I think the writer will not dwell too much time on Oppa's reaction to finding out Mom's illness. Instead, JA will be the one more devastated, I believe. Poor girl, being pregnant at that.

8 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

Yoo Ja - I want to tape her mouth shut, all she can do richard simmons & whine about San Ok and I have rezlied she's been handicapping her daughter & grandson this entire time. She was so scared something would happen that she made San into a brat and made Hye Joo fearful. Add on Hyeong Gyu's natural sensitiveness and both try to run Hye Joo's life. I'm glad she's finally doing what she wants.

+1001

My biggest rant will still be the change of character in San. Like someone mentioned previously, it's like we're having a totally new character here. How can a child who is terrified of his father, but can will/sacrifice himself to move in with him so that his mother can be not terrorized anymore and live happily, become such a whiny immature kid?!? Other than that, the rest of the show is still flowing quite organically, imo.

15 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

@Shinobu

I don't think we're ever going to find otu exactly what's wrong with Hye Joo & why she can't seem to cook or at least replicate good tasting food. The only thing I can think of is when she said she's never really had a real interest in it & therefore didn't really try. But she has interest now so I'm hoping she manages to learn something lol 

I know it's just thoughtless nonsense that they came up with so there's no point in trying to understand it.  I was just whining.

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yay! Maknaes are back together! The tears I shed for seeing CR leave was worth every drop to see them finally got back together at the end of episode. I'm loving them lately, because despite being the maknaes, they both have shown the most maturity in handling Mom's illness. They are able to put aside their personal disputes for the time being and honored Mom's wish of not being found out about her illness by pretending/acting they are back together.

4 episodes to comment on, where do I even start... I'm sure I'll miss something but here goes for now:

Some ppl are hating Sunshine Couple more in the latest installment. For me, they are still my most adored couple/characters. It's just really too bad their characters were not given too much growth opportunities, only until after they got married that they appear more on screen and interact more with the rest of the families. And even so, they've been painted in the worst light they don't really deserved. That of course is my personal opinion. I now have accepted that the writer will continue to smear Oppa and he's the designated bad guy here (every drama needs one, no?) esp.after seeing the preview for ep.51. But I still see him showing improvements as a human being. He takes in HJ's advice to be nicer to his parents. He acknowledges that he is a rude jerk and it's hard to change that habit, esp. towards his mom. I can definitely relate to him on how it's difficult to act otherwise towards his mom. I don't think that lessen any of his love for his parents though.

Marriage is never easy. Even without the extra baggage (in this case, a child San's age) when the honeymoon ends is literally when the honeymoon ends. I'm actually glad that HG is experiencing whatever he's experiencing in his in-law's place. That forced him to see another side of life, and in turn of course allows him to grow into a better person, and that is what I'm looking forward to as we head towards finale. Even HS knows that his oppa is not a person who apologizes, and doesn't expect that of him. However, not long after that, we see Oppa initiated apology towards his stepson, MIL, and wifey. He does need to be put in different position to learn something new.

@Shinobu asked who will be the last person to find out. My bet is on JA, not Oppa. Why? Because JA and HJ are the main couple here. HJ be the first to find out, and JA be the last to find out will be more poetic ;-P I think the writer will not dwell too much time on Oppa's reaction to finding out Mom's illness. Instead, JA will be the one more devastated, I believe. Poor girl, being pregnant at that.

+1001

My biggest rant will still be the change of character in San. Like someone mentioned previously, it's like we're having a totally new character here. How can a child who is terrified of his father, but can will/sacrifice himself to move in with him so that his mother can be not terrorized anymore and live happily, become such a whiny immature kid?!? Other than that, the rest of the show is still flowing quite organically, imo.

I'm too lazy to go back but if I recall correctly Oppa was a selfish jerk but he didn't yell at his mom until the drunken incident.  I don't recall he had any lengthy conversations with them.  He always told them he knew what to do and that was the end of that.  So they went a little bit too up the ante on his part with the yelling and the fighting.  As for San, it was really extreme.  And Ms. Sunshine, the smearing was not as extreme but they turned her from sincere/hardworking to unmotivated and from understanding/considerate to stepping over her bound in the events of the brothers fist fight.  I just had to laugh.  And really, if it's not for our Sunshine couple, I already stopped watching this stupid schmoe.  I can't believe they expect me to swoon with this.  Seriously now.  

I did think that maybe Oppa would be the last because of all the building up of the smearing campaign but then later I also thought that maybe main girl Jinae would be the last because of the mom and my mom and main girl part.  Reason why I wasn't sure about Oppa anymore.  But I don't really give a toss about that.  I just want to see how KyuJoo will end.  That's all.  (I skimmed through even faster than before because I have other stuff I'm following.  I even started on Signal 'cause Iike Kim Hye Soo.  No eye candies though.)  :D 

The end is nigh... We are being set for a lot of crying and my prediction is we are going to get a deathbed scene with the selfish son and inept wife at centre stage. The 180 degree's change of the son is going to be the focus and  source of tears. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, maribella said:

The end is nigh... We are being set for a lot of crying and my prediction is we are going to get a deathbed scene with the selfish son and inept wife at centre stage. The 180 degree's change of the son is going to be the focus and  source of tears. :rolleyes:

I kinda doubt precious son and his pretty kind-hearted wife will be at the centre stage since they are not the main couple in this drama, but I certainly wish what you are predicting will come true because I enjoy seeing more of them on screen. ;)

On 2/1/2016 at 10:31 PM, Abdul Rehman Liaqat said:

What is title of the ending song. I can't find it anywhere. Please tell me. Anyone!

Which episode are you talking about? I'm pretty sure all the songs have been released and can be easily found on youtube. Except for that one particular song that we had to wait like 10 (!!!) episodes before it was finally released.

Here's the text preview for the next episode.

Episode 52 Text Preview

형규는 지난날 산옥에게 상처 준 일들을 후회하며 죄책감에 방황한다. 산옥은 진애가 좋아하는 음식 레시피를 훈재에게 전해주며, 이제는 진애한테도 알려야겠다며 얘기할 수 있는 자리를 마련해 달라 하는데…

I just watched Episode 52 live and omg... T_T

HG found out everything. Oh Min Suk does the role of HG so well. This episode belongs to Oh Min Suk, his acting made me cry so much. T_T The family spent time together... and at the end of this episode, JA and HJ went on a trip with JA's parents... JA's mom told JA. The preview is sad too... JA is crying a lot, and it seems like something might happen to the baby.

Ah... this episode is full of so many tears for me. T___T

Archived