[Current Drama 2015/2016] All About My Mom 부탁해요 엄마

joy17

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's ep crying level is a 9! :bawling: I cried all the way through.  I kind of dislike San and Miss Sunshine being there, for some reason they didn't feel part of the family.  And it is probably because of all that HG put his mom through to get married to her.  But all in all excellent acting by Oh Min Suk!!!!! Great episode!

Happy Chinese New Year to those celebrating!!

Thanks for the heads-up on ep.51 and 52. I will definitely wait a couple days before catching up, thus no comment from me till then. It is the CNY celebration and I surely don't want to be meeting families and relatives with puffy eyes from crying rivers. :P:D

I was watching an episode last night on KBS World but I don't which one it is.

From what happened, it was when Ji Ae found out she was pregnant and when San Ok told Chae Ri to go back home.

It was so touching during the scene of San Ok and Chae Ri. When she was telling her why she wasn't born as her daughter and all.

Just watched most of 52 and I cannot feel sorry for HG. It was still him and him and him, still bullying the sweet little brother who as always hardly ever fought back. I would have said go back to your wife :angry: ha ha. The preview of JA finally finding out about it is just so different, so poignant, that's why  Eugene is one of my favs. Maybe the writer gave Chaerie better lines than HG's wife cause her expression seems to be limited. Chaerie seems to act better with a very wide range of expressions. I could also be biased because Chaerie just loves HS without reservations, always caring for him or his family..... so romanticaaa

Just finished episode 52 and I can't stop crying. 

The ending scene killed me.

Also in ep 51 when she was telling Hyeonggyu. 

:(((((( i don't want this drama to end but i know it has to! Ahhh I'm too attached.

I am just gonna be so heartbroken if Jinae has a miscarriage in episode 53.

But wauw i honestly cant believe HG only drove his mom in his car for 1x and that was when he first got his car. This boy just makes me smh. I did feel bad for him when his mom came in his wrong and he was crying his heart out

Finally started my crying fest, aka ep. 51-52. Smart Oppa was quick to put things together and confirm what he was suspecting through fishing for clues. My heart breaks seeing Oppa's reaction and his processing of the discovery of Mom's illness and then acceptance. Great acting of OMS. Actually great acting from everyone. Oppa is still one of my favorite characters so am really glad to see his growth and change. It's good that he has a wife who would tell him off for being rude and keep reminding him to be nicer to his mother.

I had to stop towards the end of ep.52 when JA-HJ and Mom Dad went on a trip. Too much crying already for today :P and I think the end will be another tear jerker scene, so will just find another time. If that's the reaction we got from Oppa, I really can't imagine what will it be like when JA finds out. Being pregnant and all that. I am now suspecting that as Mom leaves, her baby will arrive. Don't like to see this kind of scene in dramas, but I'm pretty sure that's what will happen here, roughly estimating the time frame given for Mom's survival.

Can't believe we're reaching the finale weekend...

Side-note: you really can't escape a karaoke session in a k-drama, lol

Just finished watching Ep 53 live... whew it was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions. 

Spoiler

It was sad to see JA crying throughout (more or less) the first half of the episode. Then HJ's mom and CR's dad found out. HG woke up one morning and was mute (his voice wouldn't come out--I guess from the guilt and regret of what he said in the past). JA had a pregnancy scare, but she's fine and so is the baby. And at the end, I think JA's mom is going to be okay, according to the doctor when they went for the checkup. CR is now pregnant, too! (There was no preview, btw.)

So basically, from sadness to happiness in this episode. Although, HG is still mute... I wonder how that will be handled in the final episode tomorrow.

I am going to miss drama.  It was well written.   The music and characters are really well done.   I wouldn't mind if they have extended to 60 at this point.  But all good things must end.  I do wonder if they end with the mom passed away with kids born or end it good with her still living for the time being.    Well we will found out tomorrow at least.

The mother isn't cured but her rate of deterioration has slowed which means she will take longer becoming critical so she won't be dying any time soon. it could even be operable at a later date if she remains strong and there are no downward turns. Of course they didn't say all of this and it's just my speculation.

It's strange but some times the mothers and daughters that fight the most have the stronger bonds in the end. This has to be said the oldest son is so traumatized that now he can't speak, because he remembers all the foul things he said to his mother.If kids got struck dumb because of the terrible things they say to their parents the world would be a silent place.

Since this was the final episode, I decided to do a live recap as I was watching. And wow... despite its faults, I enjoyed this drama to the end.

Episode 54 (Final) Live Recap

Spoiler

The family is having dinner together. CR calls her family (her dad, grandma, etc) to tell them her pregnancy news. CR and HS talking about CR’s birth mom (I think). SO went to see HG to try to help him speak again, but he still can’t...  so SO hugs HG.

SO & DC cleaning and talking the next morning, SO talks about how she’d want to wear a wedding dress (since she never did). SO starts to have chest pain and goes to the laundry room. It cuts off to the next scene with DC, HJ and CR. I think they’re all there to buy desserts. 

HG goes on a date with his mom. SO gets some makeup done and HG looks on thinking back on everything (SO looks pretty T_T). They go back home, and SO gives HG a haircut. ^^  HG thinks back to when SO gave him a haircut as a kid. SO then tells HG to stop regretting. HG starts crying and is finally able to say “Mom” out loud. SO hugs HG. T_T

HS is massaging CR legs. CR is sad because she misses her birth mom (I think). HJ’s mom (YS) comes by to visit DC, SO, and everyone else.  YS and CR having a talk... CR has accepted YS as her mom. SO then joins their talk. CR then calls YS “Mom”.

DC & SO comes to the store where HJ is. HJ is crying because they’re selling the shop. The person who’s about the buy the store...  and it turns out to be HG! ^^ SO doesn’t agree at first, but HG is insistent on keeping the store. DC and HJ watches them happily.

HJ’s mom and grandma spending time together. Seems like they’re getting along.

SO, HJ, and JA goes to the doctor to hear and get and ultrasound of JA’s baby. SO seems sad as she looks at JA. DC thinks back to what SO said about wanting to wear a wedding dress. DC asks HJ about it. Later, DC talks to SO about it. SO doesn’t agree, but it seems DC, HJ, CR, HG, and HS have already prepared the dress lol. 

And SO is actually wearing a wedding dress. ^^ All the women are there saying how pretty she is. And now they have a wedding ceremony. HG is walking SO down the aisle. And now we see flashbacks of DC and SO together (and with their family). HG kisses his mom on the cheek. Everyone takes a picture together after the wedding ceremony.

Everyone goes back home. And in DC and SO’s room got a makeover (I think it was HJ who helped with it). There’s a new bed in the room, etc. SO gets emotional when talking with DC and they hug (they tell each other they love each other).

Everyone eating dinner together (including JA and HJ). And then they ask SO to sing during dinner. SO then starts to sing. ^^ Everyone is really happy. 

JA, CR and HJ sleep in one room. HG, HS, HJ, and San sleep in another room lol. SO looks in on everyone after they fall asleep. Then she goes back to her room where DC is asleep. SO looks at clothes that HG brought for her. SO then looks at DC and lies down next to him. 

CR wakes up early and looks at something that was left in the room. I think SO knitted baby clothes for CR. Then CR goes to the other room to wake up the guys’ lol. CR tells the guys to make breakfast. Then CR goes back to sleep with JA and HJ, lol. XD Meanwhile the guys are making breakfast. DC sees everyone making breakfast and is happy. DC goes back to the room to wake up SO. 

But SO’s not waking up. She’s dead. Oh my god. DC is in shock. Meanwhile outside, everyone is about to start breakfast. The children are calling for SO and DC to come out for breakfast, but DC is still in shock and crying. T_T 

And... time jump to 1 year later. At HJ’s house, the grandma, the aunt, and his father are taking care of two babies as HJ looks on. YS, JA, and CR are all at work. YS, JA and CR get calls from their husbands at the same time lol. HJ and HS are working together at the store while HG, DC, and San are talking care of three babies at the house (triplets I think).  DC crying looking at SO’s picture. Everyone’s eating dinner together. SO is “there” next to everyone while they eat dinner, but it’s just her in spirit. SO smiles and she looks on.

The episode ends.

Archived