[Current Drama 2015/2016] All About My Mom 부탁해요 엄마

joy17

On 1/17/2016 at 7:19 AM, tiger457_stv said:

HK has his reward for ignoring his mother:  1) he can eat his wife's wonderful cooking for years to come and learn to not be picky   2)  he can have the boy staying in his room for years to come!

It's a pity that momma sidedish's illness is being fast forward at this point. HK should have more time to enjoy the new lifestyle he chose. Tasteless meals, a bolster in the form of his stepson,  mom in law who badmouths his own mom and a scatterbrain wife  . He would never appreciate the devotion and care of by his own mommy until he needs to don an apron and iron his own handkerchieves and bite his tongue over thoughtless remarks by his mom in law instead of lashing out as he did at his mom. Someone remarked that HJ brought out the warm and caring side of him but it is only for the benefit of his newfound family.He is still as abrasive and obnoxious as ever towards his parents and siblings. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's disappointing that this drama had to resort to "kill" the family matriarch in order to get everyone to get their act together. What's even more upsetting is after all Sanok's years in raising and doting on Hyunggyu, only to be dismissed like that in return tsk tsk tsk.. The only person who truly cares is none other than Mr. Fix-it @ Hoonjae and he's not even blood related! I actually find this drama harder to watch now, although it does offer insight into a Mother's role. It's also made me look into my own relationship with my mom and to never, ever take anything for granted but to celebrate the most of your time spent with the ones you love...

제47부 :: 1월 23일

집으로 돌아온 채리와 형순은 아픈 산옥을 안심시키기 위해서, 다정한 부부 행세를 한다. 
산옥은 혜주를 꼭두새벽부터 불러내 혹독한 요리 훈련을 시키고, 
혜주가 고생하는 것이 속상한 형규는 결국 산옥에게 불평을 쏟아내는데…

EP47 Text Preview

Chae Ri and Hyeong Soon returns home, and for the sake of giving reassurance to the sick San Ok, they pretended to be an affectionate couple. 
San Ok calls Hye Joo over from the break of dawn to rigorously train her for cooking, 
Hyeong Gyu who is upset over Hye Joo who seemed to be suffering eventually pours out all his complains...

@ruby299 If I'm not mistaken, the money came indirectly from Jinae. Who had been saving for a place of her own but Sanok expressed financial trouble so Jinae, bein' the dutiful daughter, canceled the tenancy lease on her dream pad & handed the cash to Mom. Mom later passed that money to Hyunggyu for his private practise. I could be mistaken though LoL.

19 hours ago, ruby299 said:

It's a pity that momma sidedish's illness is being fast forward at this point. HK should have more time to enjoy the new lifestyle he chose. Tasteless meals, a bolster in the form of his stepson,  mom in law who badmouths his own mom and a scatterbrain wife  . He would never appreciate the devotion and care of by his own mommy until he needs to don an apron and iron his own handkerchieves and bite his tongue over thoughtless remarks by his mom in law instead of lashing out as he did at his mom. Someone remarked that HJ brought out the warm and caring side of him but it is only for the benefit of his newfound family.He is still as abrasive and obnoxious as ever towards his parents and siblings. 

This drama (like many others) write the characters in their inconsistent ways and demonize them when need be to further a certain narrative.  So some of the characters like Momma Sidedish, Momma CEO, Oppa, Oppa's ex-boss, Psycho Doc, etc...  all seem to have bipolar disorder and went through their episodes then they became normal and good again.  The Momma Sidedish's terminal illness comes hand in hand with the return of selfish jerk Oppa plot device that came late in the game as they ran out of idea to keep the drama going.  So instead of smoothly transitioned him into a consistent warm and caring person he reverted back to his selfish jerk self to be the antagonist at the end portion as Momma Sidedish will be the pitiful mom suffering from terminal illness who gets bullied by him.  The more the audience hate him the more they want to watch him squirm, crash and burn when he finds out about his mom's illness.  (See reactions above.)  That's basically the gist of how the story is going.  They will up the ante in the coming episodes.

18 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

It's disappointing that this drama had to resort to "kill" the family matriarch in order to get everyone to get their act together. What's even more upsetting is after all Sanok's years in raising and doting on Hyunggyu, only to be dismissed like that in return tsk tsk tsk.. The only person who truly cares is none other than Mr. Fix-it @ Hoonjae and he's not even blood related! I actually find this drama harder to watch now, although it does offer insight into a Mother's role. It's also made me look into my own relationship with my mom and to never, ever take anything for granted but to celebrate the most of your time spent with the ones you love...

I do think it's below the belt that they resort to the terminal illness but it is consistent to the level of "creativity" displayed in the writing so far for this drama.  :lol:  I'm too tired to get drawn into the direction where the wind blows. 

14 hours ago, ruby299 said:

sorry but I did skip a few episodes now and then. Could someone let me know how did HK finance his law firm? Thanks

I will give a little background as I remember but I'm not sure if I remember correctly.  Jinae saved some money to move out because she was tired to live under bullying Momma Sidedish and favoritism of golden son selfish jerk Oppa.  Meanwhile, Useless Daddy used wife's hard earned cash (I think) to invest in some shady deal.  Oppa also wanted Momma Sidedish to sell the store so he could get the cash to finance his own practice.  

As the result of the investment, Useless Daddy lost all money and owe some money (I think.)  Jinae had to use her savings to cover his financial trouble and to pay for the rent for his mom's store.  Oppa had to go back to his bullying boss and groveled while plotting a plan to leave.  So he turned gold digger and seduced rich ex-girlfriend aka bullying boss's fiance (I think) and got her to finance his practice (and at the same time providing material for some big case related to her family.)  It was then he bumped into his current wife a few times.

Fastforward.  One day, Momma Sidedish found out Oppa was having his own practice so she thought his boss allowed it.  She made rice cakes and brought to his work place just to find out he had been bullied at work so she cursed the guy out.  Mother and son went home.  Son ate her rice cake while crying like a baby.

Since Momma Sidedish knew her son got entangled with someone's woman and got his own practice in a shady way, she told him to break it off.  He did not and went ahead with hiring a assistant (dictated by rich ex-girlfriend) and misunderstanding resulted in him hiring Ms. Sunshine.  Momma Sidedish decided to work as a maid to earn money to finance her son's own practice in a straightforward way.  

Fastforward, Ms. Sunshine's passwords mistakes allowed ex-boss to take some documents back and triggered the fall out with rich ex-girlfriend.  Momma Sidedish gave Oppa money for another office but he refused.  He said he had some savings.  He ended up renting the then el cheapo shabby place now his current office and had Ms. Sunshine as his assistant.

11 hours ago, singaporegirl said:

@yaqiyuki thx for the preview text.. looking for the upcoming eps, im getting worried to start hating Oppa. Someone really needs to knock that guy head.

You have to hate him to enjoy the ride.  That's the whole point of demonizing him in the plot.  But I can always provide you with another perspective.  He's an inconsiderate son but he's not a murderer, a thief, a gambler, nor a womanizer.  He hasn't brought his parents trouble in those sorts.  He's just having his bipolar episodes.  But the shaping of perception will make you hate him.  Hate him if you will and don't feel bad about it.  He'll be okay after his episodes (just like how Psycho Doc turned Barney.)  As for me, I'm even cool with evil characters so this is nothing.  :lol:  

11 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@ruby299 If I'm not mistaken, the money came indirectly from Jinae. Who had been saving for a place of her own but Sanok expressed financial trouble so Jinae, bein' the dutiful daughter, canceled the tenancy lease on her dream pad & handed the cash to Mom. Mom later passed that money to Hyunggyu for his private practise. I could be mistaken though LoL.

Many thanks. Now I have regained remembrance of the earlier episodes which I seemed to skip thru here and there. Momma sidedish was working at the  Jang household to make money to set up a private practise. and her bad knees' old ailment flared up again as a result of strenuous work as a housekeeper. HY wanted his mom to sell her sidedish shop in order to give him money but JA forestalled that by paying up the shop's deposit. JA and HY had a big fight with momma taking side with HY and dad crying when he saw JA's rental agreement in the dustbin. Seems that HY took all his family's sacrifices for granted despite his drunken confession  of being pressured and strangulated by momma's obsession of him.

@Shinobu haha i going to love hating him now. And definitely enjoying watching him over and over.. just getting worried of his bipolar act.. this act putting sunshine on difficult position.. aside from its customnary for the eldest DIL to serve the family.. she be there just to learn how cook perfectly. Any other husband will definely love knowing their wife is getting close with his family. Dont know what is his issue is all about?.  He should know a way to a man heart is through stomach..  

49 minutes ago, singaporegirl said:

@Shinobu haha i going to love hating him now. And definitely enjoying watching him over and over.. just getting worried of his bipolar act.. this act putting sunshine on difficult position.. aside from its customnary for the eldest DIL to serve the family.. she be there just to learn how cook perfectly. Any other husband will definely love knowing their wife is getting close with his family. Dont know what is his issue is all about?.  He should know a way to a man heart is through stomach..  

There's no rhyme or reason.  He must be a jerk now.  :lol:  I know they're trying to pit Oppa against Momma Sidedish for the final confrontation but it's still really stretching it because as much as I try to rationale to fit the narrative, it's still a very strange development.  Suddenly Oppa becomes unreasonably irritable with his mom for no big reasons.  It's hardly convincing to me.  But I'll roll with it just to get to the nicer part later (assuming there is.  One can only hope.)  

And then there's the payback scene where Oppa and his mom will duke it out (in which Oh Min Suk is given another meaty part.  I wonder if they do this because he did good the first time.)  

As for me, I really want my girl Ms. Sunshine to master cooking from her mil so she can take over the side dish business in the loving memory of her mil at the end.  But I'm still hoping for a miracle of a US trip for the cure.

14 hours ago, singaporegirl said:

@yaqiyuki thx for the preview text.. looking for the upcoming eps, im getting worried to start hating Oppa. Someone really needs to knock that guy head.

2 hours ago, singaporegirl said:

Any other husband will definely love knowing their wife is getting close with his family.

Tell me about it. I want to smack him hard (Korean style) on his head when watching the preview with sub. He's becoming overly protective of Sunshine. The girl could use a little suffering in order to grow stronger, in this case to improve her cooking skill. I grinned when the reason she bravely and confidently agreed to go through rigorous training was for the sake of Oppa. He really should let Sunshine learn how to face and handle his mom, which so far she's done well. In the past, I had said I wished Mom could see how happy Oppa is when he is with Sunshine... now I wish Oppa can see how his mom and wife are interacting and communicating well.

56 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

As for me, I really want my girl Ms. Sunshine to master cooking from her mil so she can take over the side dish business in the loving memory of her mil at the end.  But I'm still hoping for a miracle of a US trip for the cure.

+1 here.

I just read brief cap of ep 45 n 46. I think one of the reason mum giving sunshine cooking lessons plus oppa daily needs is simply because she loves oppa too dearly as much as she doted on dad.. she doesnt want oppa to end like dad solely too dependable to the wife. 

I watched this show to see Eugene's character as the main role, with so much time on the ungrateful son and his inept untalented wife, I am not interested in those couples anymore, least of all Jinae's in laws....^_^.

i am waiting for the last episode. I hope Sanok will have another unpleasant scene with son, collapse and dies not regain conciousness and soon die. And of course, everyone now found out about her disease, the heart of gold husband ( easy when your wife takes your burden), Jinae, her younger... Too late they cant do anything.

I tried to understand why bipolar son so protective over sunshine wifey, cause till the night before wedding,  momma sidedish is still wailing/begging him to call off wedding.  Ok but he still come across very rude and impulsive. Hahaha  poor man, being scolded by so many viewers.

If I remember that bipolar son secured the current office with his own$.  He returned momma sidedish and jinae snatched it from momma and I think she used that to return old bad granny so that momma can quit job.

And reading shinobu analysis of the writers’ intent cracked me up too as much as when jinae and family tasted sunshine wifey’s dishes!    So hopefully momma sidedish will go to US or somewhere where she can be cured.  Unbelievable such a nice story in the beginning  and such a sad ending for family.  Oh by the way, shinobu (He's an inconsiderate son but he's not a murderer, a thief, a gambler, nor a womanizer)…hahaha bipolar son did steal something (besides wifey’s heart), he stole momma’s sidedishes.

Can’t help but to say that I enjoyed looking at sunshine wifey’s wardrobe at each scene when shes working in office.  Such generous sponsor, different colour and pattern of outer coats/clothings.

memeo, you remind me.  There are 3 scenes that explain his defensive behavior.  One, Momma Sidedish turned predator beating down his Sunshine at the shop when he wanted to marry her.  Two, Momma Sidedish guilt tripped him about accepting his marriage and said she was still not satisfied with her.  Three, she showed up the night before his wedding to ask him not to marry and moved out.  Things have changed since but in his mind he still thinks his mom dislikes his wife for those scenes are still raw to him.  He knows his wife can easily cry.  In the hotel on their honeymoon, he was like "give me the phone.  You're about to cry again." ^_^ 

For a while now I think rudeness runs in this family, from the mother to the children.  They had so many shouting sessions from earlier episodes.  So comparing to what happened before, Oppa's gripe to his mom pales in comparison.  And you're right.  He's a side dish thief.  This bad bad boy needs some spanking for undermining his mom's business.  :lol:  I'll change "thief" to "robber" which is more of a threat anyways. ;)   

I saw an article on Son Yeo Eun and her wardrobe in the drama judging from the images.  Looks like she got some attention for the drama.  The way they style her up from the hair, make up to the wardrobe really catch the eyes.  When she first made her appearance, I thought she looks pretty.  Then I realized she would be pair up with Oppa.  I thought she would make a good pair with him and I would ship 'em (because I really didn't care for his rich ex.)  That was part of the reason I got interested in the story again.  

Anyways, I have some KyuJoo caps for ep 45.  Our beloved KyuJoo was very cute.  I asked for some cuteness.  I got some cuteness.  Then I asked for protective husband and I got protective husband.  Could have been much better but they can't seem to go pass half-assery and I'm too spent to beat the dead horse. 

Scene 1 - Return of the honeymooners

ep45_01.png
ep45_02.png

Spoiler

ep45_03.png
ep45_04.png
ep45_05.png
ep45_06.png
ep45_07.png
ep45_08.png
ep45_09.png
ep45_10.png
ep45_11.png

Scene 2 - Mr. and Mrs. in their bedroom doing husband and wife business

Setting the mood

ep45_14.png
ep45_15.png

Spoiler

ep45_16.png
ep45_17.png
ep45_18.png
ep45_19.png
ep45_20.png

Commencement of kissing session

ep45_21.png
ep45_22.png

Spoiler

ep45_23.png
ep45_24.png
ep45_25.png
ep45_26.png
ep45_27.png
ep45_28.png
ep45_29.png

Scene 3 - The days of living dangerously

ep45_30.png
ep45_31.png

Ep 46 KyuJoo caps (the lazy edition.  I wasn't going to because I was so lazy but there was cuteness and it would be wrong to my OCD standards if there is inconsistency.  :D)

Scene 1 - I miss you babe

"I miss you honeybuns..."

ep46_01.png

"Come again?"
ep46_02.png

Spoiler

"I say I miss you sweet cake..."

ep46_03.png

"Ahh....  yaddahhh..."

ep46_04.png

Scene 2 - Lovebirds flirting in front of the kid

ep46_06.png
ep46_07.png

Spoiler

ep46_08.png
ep46_09.png

Scene 3 - It's never enough...

ep46_10.png

Bonus - He I like.  She I like.

ep46_11.png

I've yet to watch the whole of today ep, only manage to catch the brothers feud at the end of the ep. It bothers me.. Im getting tired, i dont want to hate Oppa even further.. Since i'll be away the for the next few weeks and access to livestream might be very limited, i probably have to pause and stop for while. Will restart once the drama over and marathon watch from ep47 onwards.. i guess i should have just satisfied by now, well at least our babies are blissfully married.. 

Archived