Guest ororomunroe

@bjvipb2uty Thanks for the spoilers! Now, I understand Bora better...

@larinalove welcome to this thread  smileysballoons smiley

To me, YJ isn't a bad guy, just a normal human being. He knows how not to get abused by people around him. I don't blame him for being cold towards people, because NJY really deserves it. After the report, he showed her the cold shoulder, instead she chose to get revenged on HS. Just like HS said, NJY blamed HS for her mistakes. Actually YJ was nice to NJY because he didn't betray her. He took the blame for her misdeed (report). Just like he covered up for JW who reported SC. He couldn't reveal the true identity too. Sure, YJ was the one who gave the bill, but he never said anything to JW. So it was JW's decision to report SC. YJ only gave him the opportunity to stop the abuse from SC. Just like he never revealed the real culprit about the cancelled class. He could have, but he realised SC's despair and in the end, SC didn't get what he wanted. He had to visit Witch Kang's class. YJ's smile might be fake and noone notices it, but he can be warm and genuine. NJY discovers the other side of YJ (his unforgiveness and coldness) because she only saw his fake smile. She took his fake behaviour for real... while HS saw the real YJ from the start and she is starting to see the other side from true YJ's personality: his generosity, his kindness. As for NJY, YJ had asked her to stop which she didn't. She never called the security, it was YJ who did it. So his harsh words are deserved. She didn't try to stop it, she just waited! Even after, she isn't sorry at all. 

To conclude, YJ might have his flaws (pride, unforgiveness, stiffness and too serious), but since he is used to getting attention from people who only want to use his skills or his money or his power, it is understandable for me! He needs to learn to relax, laugh more and show more his feelings. Actually, I can imagine that In Ho was the perfect friend for that. HS needs to be the bridge between IH and YJ.  

To me, the worst are SC and NJY. SC isn't only a really lazy person, but also a criminal who takes advantage from others by using his strength. Actually, NJY could have been kicked out of the college for her misdeed (report).

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, the worst are SC and NJY. SC isn't only a really lazy person, but also a criminal who takes advantage from others by using his strength. Actually, NJY could have been kicked out of the college for her misdeed (report).

Sorry to delete so much of what you wrote, but I really liked what you said about SC and NJY.  NJY, although she's clearly desperate to get YJ to acknowledge her, really went way overboard sending a drunken homeless man after HS (and lying about later) , stealing her reports, and who knows what else she would've done later.  I think she (and SC) are way more disturbing than YJ has been so far. 

Also @mgicc thanks for sharing the music. .:wub:

1 hour ago, larinalove said:

Hello everybody, new member here!

As you can see this is my first time posting here and also first time posting in a soompi forum. I've been a silent lurker for some time here in this thread and I love reading your thoughts and analysis, they really help me understand the characters better and get different point of views on some scenes.

Of course, as all of you here I also love the drama, I haven't read the webtoon but since the news broke out that it was going to be made into a drama I've seen the excitement between the fans of the webtoon and all the curiosity (also the worry) about who they were going to cast and if they would do their characters justice. So of course, I got curious and wanted to watch the drama.

Like I said, I did not read the webtoon but in order to soothe my curiosity since the news of the drama broke out I did read the description of YJ, HS, In Ho and In Ha's character and the overall plot/story of the webtoon, also I read a few chapters but I admittedly cannot judge if the PHJ or KGE or the others are immersing themselves as they should based on the webtoon characters, but what I do know and see is the great chemistry between them and the very skilled acting they show us, I love how KGE is bringing to life HS, her clumsiness, her honesty, her hard working behavior and her cuteness also, she is a very bright girl whom has the fortune/misfortune (however you wanna name it)  to get caught up in whatever YJ drags her into.

I also find YJ character very intriguing, I love that he keeps us guessing, is he a good guy or a bad guy? As some of you already commented here, I think he is both, I do think he is capable of manipulating people with his charm and intelligence but I also think he can be sweet and caring as he showed us with HS or did he? does he have other motives for approaching her? see what I saying here? LOL. I do not justify his wrong doings but I like that he is not the "typical candy great guy lead male", I think his dark side comes from the way he was raised, surrounded with manipulative people who only want something from him, so naturally he developed those skills, I think his discomfort with HS at the beginning  and the freshness of her that shook his "perfect manipulative skills" came because from the very first look they shared she saw right through him and didn't bow to his good looking handsome face, that was something new for him, I know at first he thought she too wanted something from him, but as we can see now he is truly falling for her, he just isn't sure how to show it without making mistakes or trying to control her life because that's what he always did. I am sure he will learn during the journey.

I do like In Ho, but only as a friend to HS, he is good to her, though a bit childish and over reacting to things I do find him genuine and sweet, but I am all for HS/YJ couple, because they intrigue me more, the fact that both are different from each other in so many things is what will help them grow as individuals and as a couple.

Omo, that is a long first post, sorry guys, I cannot wait to see how the story progresses, lets keep on cheering them and see how it goes.

@larinalove.... I agree with you chingu. YJ has finally found someone who isn't trying to get something from him. She is genuine ,hard worker and kind. Even though sometime they are awkward when they are together but at the same time they are so cute together. Both are complementing each other's faults and learning from each other. HS find it so easy to confide in YJ and get his opinion on some stuff.   Welcome aboard chingu :heart:

Do not; if you reply - show or hint about Reply 1988 here. I am starting it and I do not want spoilers. Avoided that thread on soompi. I especially do not even want a hint which male lead you shipped thanks.

And also avoided reading about the webtoon for this drama. At present just happy to watch how things unfold. It's really rare these days for me to hit watching main leads who can act, have a nice OST to listen to and good directing in a drama. I did not mention writer- as things can always go to crap in a Kdrama.

So quite content to just watch this drama.

hi everyone here!

^ I don't find Jung has mental issue, he's just complex ^_^

anyway, wah I guess this means I'm the only one not too fond of Seol in this drama :sweatingbullets: I read the webtoon so I'm stuck in comparison & can't shake it off, especially her eyes. On a contrary, I even imagine Haejin when I read Jung (his fringe play a big part other than his shivery acts) so I'm very happy on that note.

I understand drama has limited episode thus why the fast pace but it diminished those beautiful build-up to understand how frustrating these characters are kekeke overall it's still a good drama, thankfully.

as for P&P comparison... Mr. Darcy is not as scary as Jung though kekekeke the greatness of this webtoon is that I'm still a TeamJung despite of his scary side.

@bebebisous33 @bjvipb2uty why it seems like so complicated? I keep involved with friend zone relationship drama and its killing me. I desperately want Euntaek gets what he wanted but Bora's reason makes sense as well. It feels like a joke when Euntaek keeps teasing Bora about dating. I cant imagine what I possibily do if one of them ends up feeling heart broken. 

Thanks a lot for the explanation guys. I need to find strength for the next episode. 

I cannot wait for Monday and a new episode. Yoo Jung sunbae I just finished watching and being crushed by one korean drama so I am putting my faith in you. Get it together seek that professional help or life coach (lol) I believe you need (and no it can't be Seol) and let's not loose our girl. I can't watch another of my dude loose the girl LOL. Nah in your case I would be okay with it because boy....but omo you can't. You won't. I have developed trust issues now but I am relying on you and your hot and cold way to amend all that LOL. Only a day to go. All the different previews make me anticipate Monday even more and I used to hate day because it is the start of another work week LOL. I hope Seol and Jung and fighting over what I know they should be fighting over, and I love that she walks away. Yass my girl. 

Hi everyone!

Just joining this thread... I'm loving the series! 

I'm just a bit confused about the timeline. Episode 1 starts with a scene where HS gets drunk, says that she wants to stop school because of Jung , then passes out. So is this scene in the present ?

We then flashback to the previous year where HS goes to a diner party , that Jung also joined. This is their first meeting, right? (based on the TV series, not the webtoon).

Then we see their relationship progress (from Jung ignoring her to now dating her).

So in episode 4, where are we at, with respect to the opening scene where she passed out drunk? Are we flashing back to the story that would lead to HS wanting to quit school? Or are we past that point and HS is now dating Jung ?

Thanks@mgicc for posting the playlist. I went through all the songs and I still can't find the song at the end of episode 2 and 4. Someone posted it back in the forum that it was called  Such by Kang Hyun Min feat. Jo Hyun Ah of Urban Zakapa but i have searched everywhere and I can't seem to find it. Hopefully someone here can find it, don't know why that song was not include.

Guest nchoerunnisa
On 15/1/2016 at 5:59 PM, rhaps said:
Spoiler

Sorry, can I ask something ?

Reveal hidden contents

Does the term 'date' means to go out once / twice (without any attachment), or does it means to have a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship ? Coz it can be interpreted both ways.

Regarding the First point, somebody's style doesn't necessary mean that he has had a relationship before. It could also mean that that's the kind of girl that he likes. Then, regarding the Second point, I felt that he was just too busy playing games and had no intention on 'push and pull'  *dunno whether this is a correct term*. Sometimes, a guy is just too busy with his hobby and tends to ignore other things. I once went out with a guy who was crazy about soccer, and he couldn't be distracted while watching one :P

Oh... sorry... I mean both (and this is also my answer for your question, @irilight:D):

Spoiler

In webtoon version chapter 83, It was told from In Ho's POV:

"We (IH and YJ) both met a decent amount of girls. Usually, we both would go for girls that our type. That bastard only went out with girls who seemed to be from a decent family."

And there's a part where In Ho scolded YJ:
"Hey, but she's your girlfriend!" (he said it because YJ Sunbae ignored his girlfriend)

All of these happened during high school when IH and YJ were still getting along well.
IH's POV really makes YJ sounds like a jerk, don't you think? But tbh I don't really trust his POV 100%.

But I admit that nothing has been confirmed in this drama version, so there's still room for another possibility. I won't be surprised if they didn't stick to webtoon version since in KDrama Land the idea of first love/gf/bf tends to be more like-able. Perhaps, the writer won't even mention anything about it at all.

Yup, I think your alternative interpretation does make sense. Probably It's just me overthinking YJ's actions like HS always does. LOL. But, who knows, right? He's manipulative and IMO it's not that weird if he knows how to play her hit or push and pull. I'm not implying that he's a jerk or player who's toying with a girl's heart. Maybe this is just his way to get HS's attention? to make her can't get him off from her mind? I mean, just look how HS is dying going up and down because of him. He asked her to be his GF, but then she heard nothing from him for days. He replied her text short, but then he told her that he'd been waiting to hear from her. He acted nonchalant when she waved to him, but then he came to dept. office and casually announced their relationship. I know, maybe he didn't do it on purpose. Probably he doesn't even know what he's doing to her. But HS sure can't help thinking of him :phew:.

On 15/1/2016 at 3:04 PM, bebebisous33 said:
Spoiler

First of all, welcome to this thread!!:)

I was the one who said, HS was his first girlfriend. Thanks for pointing those elements. So you're right. He had a girlfriend before. However, the question is if he loved his first girlfriend or not. In my opinion, this is the first time YJ is falling for a girl. Maybe in the past, when he dated the other girl, it was because she had pursued him and he thought, he could give it a try. Nevertheless, he realised his power over that girl and abused it since he had no deep feelings for her. Therefore this would explain why he never dated JY and the other students who would try to impress him. He felt, he shouldn't do it.

Their first dating between HS and YJ reveals that he didn't notice that she felt uncomfortable. Besides, he didn't chose the right movie aso. He was really inexperienced. All he knows is manipulating HS but he can't impress her in the end. She didn't want to stay by his side. He will realise that he needs to do more. 

Thanks for your welcome :D

IMO, he failed to impress HS doesn't necessarily mean he's inexperienced in dating. Probably it's just that he'd never been in situation where his date is someone like HS. HS is not impressed by his look or wealth, while these only perhaps were enough to make the other girl head over heels for him. There's no girl had ever minded YJ took her to fancy restaurant and paid everything for her, while the independent HS felt burdened by this. So probably it never crossed his mind that HS would feel uncomfortable when his previous date (if there's one) was just fine with his dating style.

Actually, I see what happened in their date as their problem in general. These two, even in their daily life, can't communicate very well. Jung has tendency to decide everything on his own. He ended up choosing the movie without asking what HS would like. HS can't communicate her feeling well. She ended up not saying what she'd actually prefer.

However, if there's one thing that we all can be sure and agree about... it's that YJ is sincerely falling in love with HS. There's no way that he's not after everything he did for her without her even knowing. I believe once he realizes that HS is not that comfortable with him, he'll be more than willing to do something about it. HS also needs to learn to communicate her feeling so YJ can understand her better. If they want to make this relationship works, both parties should make an effort. Judging by the preview, I think it's very likely that we'll be able to see this dynamic in their relationship in the next episode.

I hope I explained myself well, sorry for my bad English :D

Archived