Guest ororomunroe

44 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

I read enough already through many posts here about P&P topic here, sorry to ask this, is P&P is alo adapted from a webtoon like CITT or not? I've watched the drama a few yars back, in 2014 or 2015 if I'm not wrong... only until at episode 5 but stop right there.

The posts about Pride and Prejudice that some are referring to on this thread is about Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice. The MBC drama in 2014 also called Pride and Prejudice is not an adaptation of Austen's novel. The Korean drama is about prosecutors who fight for the innocent and poor. If you want to check out a drama or movie adaptation of Austen's Pride and Prejudice, there's the classic 1995 BBC TV series starring Colin Firth. My favorite is the 2005 film adaptation directed by Joe Wright and starring Keira Knightley:

Spoiler

If you watch either the BBC TV series or film, you probably can see why some find similarities with Mr. Darcy (Yoo Jung), Elizabeth Bennet (Hong Seol), and Mr. Wickham (In Ho). Reading Austen's book is still the best way to enjoy the story even with the 19th century language.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

You guys can always place webtoon spoilers on the first page & put them in spoilers. There is nothing wrong with discussing what happened in the webtoon, but place anything that hasn't happened in the drama in spoilers. I hope this is what you meant.

I see the same posts every 5-6 pages by new comers like -

What did YJ do to HS / Whe was he angry at her before ?

Whats the deal with the In siblings ?

etc etc ...

asking for spoilers from the webtoon.

So I was wondering if it possible to put them all in one place somewhere.

39 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

I read enough already through many posts here about P&P topic here, sorry to ask this, is P&P is alo adapted from a webtoon like CITT or not? I've watched the drama a few yars back, in 2014 or 2015 if I'm not wrong... only until at episode 5 but stop right there

i don't watch pride and prejudice kdrama but as far i know the tittle is not adapted from webtoon but from novel : Pride and Prejudice is a novel of manners by Jane Austen, first published in 1813. The story follows the main character, Elizabeth Bennet, as she deals with issues of manners, upbringing, morality, education, and marriage in the society of the landed gentry of the British Regency.

Pride and Prejudice has engendered numerous adaptations. the most Notable television versions include two by the BBC: the popular 1995 version, starring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth.

also adapted in silver screen Pride & Prejudice is a 2005 romance film directed by Joe Wright and based on Jane Austen's novel of the same name, published in 1813. The film depicts five sisters from an English family of landed gentry as they deal with issues of marriage, morality and misconceptions. Keira Knightley stars in the lead role of Elizabeth Bennet, while Matthew Macfadyen plays her romantic interest Mr Darcy. Produced by Working Title Films in association with StudioCanal, the film was released on 16 September 2005 in the United Kingdom and Ireland and on 11 November in the United States.

Thanks God I found link to download the TV serial ( 6 episode) 1995 (5.76 GB) and the movie 2005(1.8 GB). i found it at u_orren_ if someone here want the link just PM me. Gladly to share.

I'll watch it to night daebak...:w00t:

now I have something to fill until CITT new episode on monday.

24 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

thanks for the clear explanation about P&P. Well, it looks interesting than its kdrama adaptation. I'd like to watch it later, but is there any other link aside from that link, I can't acces torrent.

after i finished download it. i 'll find a way to share it. I'll let you know if I found how to do it.

@deeand thank you. At the rate that I keep re-watching the scenes , you'll see at least one strip a day if I am not busy with RL. 

@koyangi06 thank you. I love her hair, colour and cut . Those must be her natural curls , I suppose for someone who is born with straight hair, wished mine were curly. 

@stargazer187 thank you for the compliment . that position is perfect for a kiss, if we dont see one here, hope to see one SOON. i didnt know about her mentioning they have kissed during the press cconferenc...at least we are assured there's at least one and not in the last ep!! 

thanks for sharing pics of Sunbae in a suit! aww...he looks so good. 

LOL..I was drooling over Yoo Jung's bag and then I saw the PRADA logo. He can afford it though and I am seriously loving his Beanpole bags as well. [Puts on her shopping list and starts saving money]

And thank you for the translated preview!

Quick question - was there a translation of the text preview?

On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 5:38 AM, andy78 said:

Yoo Seung-ho, Seo Kang-joon and Park Bo-geom, hottest actors born in '93

http://www.hancinema.net/yoo-seung-ho-seo-kang-joon-and-park-bo-geom-hottest-actors-born-in-93-90390.html

INTERESTING...I HAD NO IDEA...

Interesting indeed. I knew yoo seung ho is young, did not expect park bo gum to that young as well. Haha

@Ahpheng While away, you created three wonderful C-strips! As usual, I enjoyed these.:heart:

I don't see consider it as if  YJ was stalking her in the episode 3. He was concerned for her after she had received the bad grade. He wanted to make sure to be there in case she needs someone. I do see HS as lonely as YJ. She has ET and Bora close to her, but she faces all her problems on her own. Bora should have known that the trip was a financial burden to HS, even without HS telling her because HS had stopped studying for one year in order to pay her tuition before. The bad grade was endangering the scholarship. If she had thought for one second, she should have realised that. If tuition was a problem from the start, even with a scholarship... Bora should have realised that. Finally, if someone tells you, choose anything you want, it can imply that there is something wrong or the person is not interested. The way I see it Bora is a nice girl, but she is self-centered and kind of selfish.

Spoilers: Based on the webtoon 

Spoiler

She gets upset when Eun taek isn't around her and doesn't answer her calls. She wants him to be by her side all the time... and she is well aware that he wants to date her. Nevertheless, she decides to ignore it or to act as if she doesn't know.

10 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents
18 hours ago, hrkharis said:

This is my view, why YJ as if ignoring HS when she reported that she got a job at the school .

Did Assistant Teo ask HS to work at the school office was based on recomendation of YJ?

It is based on the following matters:
- If we looked at the conversation between ET and Bora that in order to work at the school office a person needs to have backing.
- At that time HS actually surprised that she was offered to work there.
- We saw the strange attitude of the assistant Teo, where he was visibly upset at the HS, by deliberately stirring up trouble with HS.  But when YJ appeared in the room, assistant Teo was not able to do anything. YJ seemed to know it, because he said to HS that she certainly had a difficult time with assistant Teo.
- At Assistant Teo, YJ said that he took a class during the break, so the assistant  muttered that meant he will often meet YJ.
- So because of YJ's recommendation,  when HS reported that she got a job during the break there, he simply replied "that's good" and "have a good holiday. He did not want if HS knowing that he was the one who recommend her to work there. I think YJ is a good person and easily touched. He know for sure that  HS needs money.
- Therefore he decided to take classes during the break, so that he was always meet HS in school.

It is also happening in the English academy, where he visited the principal of the academy.
So the good things done by YJ are the traps for HS.
This is my view, please correct if I am wrong

I don't know whether we should call them as 'traps' or not. In my opinion, if a guy likes a girl, then he would do things to attract her attention and to make her like him too. Then again, sometimes Jung acted secretly and wouldn't let Seol know that he had helped her. So, yeah .. I think it's just a regular thing that boys would do.

Yes, you are right. If a guy likes a girl, he certainly will do anything to the girl.
My point here is the trap in a positive sense. The good things that YJ did to HS perceived differently by HS. But we can not blame HS, why she thinks that way. This is due to her life background.

As we see that HS comes from a simple family. During this time she study hard at school, she hopes to get a good job later. To fill the spare time she works part-time. The two things that makes she no time to get along , so she becomes the girl that seems innocent, honest and behave like she is.
Such as professor Kang told her, the point is that in addition to clever, one should also be able to get along.
It seems the professor Kang can see that HS is a straight forward person not sensitive to the things around her. Therefore, although Proff.Kang knew that HS was the one who did all the project presentation, she was considered a failure because she could not manage or coordinate the tasks of school on her friends. 

It is true that she had asked her friends to do each task. And her friends ignore her request where each person had a reason for not doing their jobs. (Her friends do not have the responsibility). But she should not let the matter pass by taking the problem itself,  she should have been communicated. Communication here is saying firmly that she is not able to do it herself if her friends do not help her or she says that if they do not perform their duties, they will fail together. It is not easy for someone who has been accustomed to do everything alone and then changed instantly. Because of it,  Proff.Kang said unequivocally to her "C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N-S".

Actually, if we look carefully, other than Prof. Kang, her best friend Bora, and YJ also said the same thing, the point is communication.
Bora said that as her best friend, she hoped HS was more open to her.
(HS didn't say honestly  why she wanted off from school, and others).
While YJ said, if she had a problem, she should not keep it herself, YJ wanted she share to him, and he would help her.

So back to the initial issue, in which the good things become a trap for HS, is because all good actions done by YJ, is something new and she never received the kind of things before.  Before any the help from others, including from her best friend to be a burden for her. At least she have to pay it back. She already comfortable with herself. She willing to help others, but she does not want anyone else help her.
Plus, she previously have the unwarranted suspicion on YJ.
So , of course, the help of those who during this time she has suspect and avoid to be a burden for her. In fact, YJ sincerely helps her because she is unique. She is not like the girls who surrounded him during this time.  YJ love it.

The main problem that occurs between HS and YJ is communication. 
Why HS can be more relaxed talking to IH? it is because, first, she has no suspicion on him, and secondly, IH is the type of guy who is open minded, frankly speaking and tend to be sociable. Initial introduction between IH and HS, initiated by IH that tend to dominate the conversation and frankly. HS which at first annoyed, slowly became comfortable.

While YJ is the kind of guy who is quiet, dignified, well manner, and a little less open. Actually, there is the nature of  YJ similar to HS, which take over the problem without communicating to others and they often assume. Actually, YJ  have difficulty in initiating communication. He will begin to communicate with others through the intermediary of a souvenir, or invite someone to eat.
So you can imagine if we often see the misunderstanding between  HS and YJ.

I hope in the next episode, HS and YJ can be more open with each other and share many things among them.
YJ could be more honest with HS about his true relationship with IH and vice versa HS can be more mature and can better understand YJ.

Uuh... Can't wait to see their hug and kiss

Yoo Jung and Hong Seol,!!!!
You both just need COMUNICATION as has been said Prof.Kang.:w00t::w00t::w00t:
Do not be too much to assume. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

BTW, I love the style of Proff.Kang.
Frankly, honest, outspoken and a bit funny

18 hours ago, plappi said:

Text preview 5 ep. Sorry. if it was here.

조금씩 서로에게 더 가까워지는 설과 유정. 인호는 그런 두 사람을 알면서도 자꾸만 설이 신경 쓰이고, 한편 주용을 기다리다가 설의 집 앞에서 뻑치기를 당한 윤섭(허조교)은 그간의 섭섭함을 쏟아내며 주용과 크게 다투던 중 설 앞에서 유정의 비밀을 폭로해버리고 만다.

Trans:

Seol and Yoo Jung gradually become closer. In Ho who learns about them keeps bothering Seol. Meanwhile Yoon Seob waits for Ju Yong, and in front of Seol's house, he's pouring out his frustration to Ju Yong and in the middle of quarelling, he exposes Yoo Jung's secret in front of Seol.

Sorry for any mistranslation.. and sorry if someone already translated this too ^^ I come here once a while..

Will actively join u guys when it's the time... MONDAY + TUESDAY~~ :blush:

Guest ororomunroe
2 hours ago, sanika said:

I see the same posts every 5-6 pages by new comers like -

What did YJ do to HS / Whe was he angry at her before ?

Whats the deal with the In siblings ?

etc etc ...

asking for spoilers from the webtoon.

So I was wondering if it possible to put them all in one place somewhere.

If you're willing to create a summary, I'll put in the first post and we can direct folks there. Thanks @LavelyShai

I guess why the drama skip many background details is becos it is already a webtoon story read by many and easily accessible to them within korea.

I think in one of the interviews they did say they know they are making a story dor a wider audience, maybe they will revisit the details later. 

As for her hair, i think if it is her natural curls, its only the top. the bottom is all permed. The bottom part curls are all too perfect looking. The colour tone is nice.

I hope they dont go too much into the 2 guys like 1 girl plot, i prefer just the otp working together to face problems. Somehow kdramas think they can only be interesting if two guys compete for 1 girl or the other way round too. I hope they focus on the depth of YJ's character or the daily struggles of HS or the friendship issues within their campus.

@stargazer187 I am well aware that Bora offered money to HS. I was talking about the situation after HS had received the bad grade. In that particular scene, Bora appears to be selfish. I didn't say, she was selfish all the time. First thing, she knew that HS had a presentation and she even assumed, HS had received a good grade. She didn't notice HS' mood at all. I know why Bora got mad at her because HS wouldn't confine to her and not treat her as a close friend, but on the other hand, Bora doesn't give HS the time and the space to express herself. Bora is more or less speaking a lot and she hasn't realised that HS is different from her. Besides, after reading the webtoon, Bora doesn't confine herself to HS as well. She hides things too.

As for HS: I can understand why HS didn't say anything about YJ first because

- she noticed that people liked YJ and never criticised him, even Bora introduced him as the perfect guy

- when she tried to defend herself and say that YJ was there too, she was attacked by NJY or others. Noone would believe her...

I  believe, this is the difference between Pride and Prejudice from JAne Austen and this drama. In the novel, after Elizabeth witnessed the offending remark, she talked to others and after that, Darcy was brandmarked as proud and bad fellow. Here the opposite happens: people keep defending or saying nice things about YJ and HS has realised, noone would ever believe her. Sure, she is wrong about thinking YJ is responsible for her misery... he is, but indirectly!

2 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

If you're willing to create a summary, I'll put in the first post and we can direct folks there. Thanks @LavelyShai

Or I can create an open GDoc thread where people can post QnA and you can simply put the link on the first page. This way you do not have to update it repeatedly. What do you guys think ?

Guest ororomunroe
1 hour ago, sanika said:

Or I can create an open GDoc thread where people can post QnA and you can simply put the link on the first page. This way you do not have to update it repeatedly. What do you guys think ?

Excellent idea. Just @ me when you've set it up. Maybe add a FAQ?

Archived