Guest ororomunroe

This is my view, why YJ as if ignoring HS when she reported that she got a job at the school .

Did Assistant Teo ask HS to work at the school office was based on recomendation of YJ?

It is based on the following matters:
- If we looked at the conversation between ET and Bora that in order to work at the school office a person needs to have backing.
- At that time HS actually surprised that she was offered to work there.
- We saw the strange attitude of the assistant Teo, where he was visibly upset at the HS, by deliberately stirring up trouble with HS.  But when YJ appeared in the room, assistant Teo was not able to do anything. YJ seemed to know it, because he said to HS that she certainly had a difficult time with assistant Teo.
- At Assistant Teo, YJ said that he took a class during the break, so the assistant  muttered that meant he will often meet YJ.
- So because of YJ's recommendation,  when HS reported that she got a job during the break there, he simply replied "that's good" and "have a good holiday. He did not want if HS knowing that he was the one who recommend her to work there. I think YJ is a good person and easily touched. He know for sure that  HS needs money.
- Therefore he decided to take classes during the break, so that he was always meet HS in school.

It is also happening in the English academy, where he visited the principal of the academy.
So the good things done by YJ are the traps for HS.
This is my view, please correct if I am wrong

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I think there's general agreement that people with an artistic temperament tend to be perfectionists. They like things to be just so.

So the lead guy is a papercrafter, is he? And a control freak. Okay, well, I like him even more already. I used to make cards and do a bit of scrapbooking so we may be kindred spirits. At work, I don't much suffer fools gladly esp with upper management.

Thanks for letting me chat about a show I'm not watching. ;) You're such a friendly lot. :D 

Hi, glad to see you here. Your list of character descriptions is mind blowing too.:D

For the artistic part, I have to disagree with you abit about artistic people being perfectionist, I think the more appropriate word is obstinacy. They like something and then get obsess with the style or whatever they are doing. Some do paper crafts, some do beading, some sew doll clothes, then others who lego or paint. 

@NRGchick regarding the paper cutting, I think they will probably show more later. I agree the snippets of stuff they show here and there about some random thing is really confusing. Hmm, but I am quite positive about it, maybe I am bias, I got a hunch he is cutting the butterfly for Hongseol.

I think people who are into paper cutting are very detailed and patient people. 

------------------

And yes, if a guy likes a girl he should just tell her and not only just do kind things behind her back.

Spoiler

-------------------

Also I was back reading this thread and someone said HS is just dating him so that he wont get angry or something. And there was several folks describing him as creepy. I would like to suggest another word - charisma. This guy has such a strong aura and quiet confidence that HS just cant reject him.

I think earlier on she was denying her feelings, she truly does feel flustered around him and its an indication that her heart flutters for him. Here the drama showed two ways of falling in love - have your heart flutter (towards YJ) or just feeling comfortable and friendly (towards In Ho).

@bebebisous33 hey I love your comparisons with Pride and Prejudice. That book must have been the romance crack of early 20th century!:D Now that talk about it, it does seems very similar. Darcy is was highly misunderstood and Elizabeth has a strong mind of her own.

@ChelseaS @Ahpheng happy to see you guys here!

---------------------------

With regards to the bug thing, I thought it was a wierd scene, he seems more engrossed with the bug then HS at that point. I am not sure if they are trying to show that he is an animal lover or what. Perhaps its equivalent to a girl playing with a stray cat or dog.  It was an interesting character portrayal.

@hrkharis You're right. IT's clear that YJ was the one who helped her to get the job. Honestly, I started reading the webtoon, although I had declared I wouldn't do.

Spoilers:

Here you learn that YJ has something on the assistant. He used YJ's credit card and in the webtoon, YJ blackmailed him. So I bet, in the drama, something similar must have happened therefore the assistant is picking on HS!

This is the first drama that lead me to read web toon. It's so fun in knowing how seol would react in real life after meeting Jung. I can say that it's a great drama so far. 

I really wonder what's the other side of Jung. He looks eerie and psychopath in the web too . I don't really ship them together.

honestly, I'm on the wrong ship- inho and seol. I know most likely they won't be together in the end.. I hate myself for jumping the wrong ship... 

HI GUYS! This thread is life rn after the rollercoaster of emotion I went through is R1998...

I LOVE JUNG AND SEOL AND IN HO AND EUNTAEK AND BORA AND THEIR CAMPUS LIFE!!!

Personally, I'm in uni rn and If only 1 guy in my class looked like either Jung or Inho! GOSH that would be a blessing!

I just can't wait for the angst to build up btwn Hong Jung and IH! I sound like a sadist but ah wth! Till next MONDAY!!!

Using translator to understand what @plappi posted abt text preview of ep5 makes me more confused, suddenly dragon, oil lamp and whatnots came out.:P:lol: Will Seol tell Jung abt the drunkard incident she heard from Jooyeon and will TA Heo spill the beans that Jung purposely lose his report so that Seol get the scholarship earlier on?... Arrghh, it is supposed to happen anyway. And Inho will be on Seol's nerves after he knew that Seol is Jung's gf, teasing her as seen in the ep5 preview.

Spoiler

Can't wait to see Jung n Seol going on regular date and popping by her place. Also the hospital scene, hopefully they made it romantic like in the manga...he does care for Seol in his own twisted way.

My hands are itching to type away explanations and reasons to Jung‘s character but I can't because it involves webtoon spoilers. Gahhhhhh~

@bebebisous33 Yes! The P&P parallels you brought up are spot on! Actually I remember when I started reading the webtoon I had a sudden epiphany one day and realized it was similar to P&P. I kinda freaked out since I love that book so much.

So on the subject of...I've always interpreted Lizzy & Darcy as both sharing characteristics of ‘pride‘ and 'prejudice' towards each other. I know usually it gets interpreted as Darcy=pride and Lizzy=prejudice, but I've always thought they were both very similar to each other in regards to their character (particularly the two characteristics mentioned). Not completely similar, obviously, but they came to understand each other because they complemented each other so well. I feel its the same with Jung and Seol. I'm not saying Seol is manipulating like Jung but they are quite similar. She‘s the only one who seems to see through him (ex. the skirt accident). Why? Couldn't it be because her mind kinda processes things like Jung does? Does she also have a dark streak in her? These questions aren't so much assumptions I'm making but its something I started asking myself since the moment I realized that Seol was the only person that saw through Jung's actions/motives. 

Huhu these characters are driving me crazy www.MessenTools.com-th_pyong-sip.gif

I started watching this drama just yesterday, and I loved it from the very first minute!:) It's so engaging I can't wait for another episode:)

Although Jung is manipulating, I think deep inside he really fell for Seol and I just hope he has no ulterior motive in goingout with her.. He has a dark side, that one is obvious (maybe that's why I like him so much? he's not like an always-and-forever-good-candy-guy) and I'm really curious as to what he did in the past (haven't read the webtoon); and I hope Jung and Seol will end up together somehow - although BIH is also a pretty good guy^^.

I asolutely love the casting for this, especially for the main two^^ PHJ is always great:D

3 minutes ago, bjvipb2uty said:

My hands are itching to type away explanations and reasons to Jung‘s character but I can't because it involves webtoon spoilers. Gahhhhhh~

@bebebisous33 Yes! The P&P parallels you brought up are spot on! Actually I remember when I started reading the webtoon I had a sudden epiphany one day and realized it was similar to P&P. I kinda freaked out since I love that book so much.

So on the subject of...I've always interpreted Lizzy & Darcy as both sharing characteristics of ‘pride‘ and 'prejudice' towards each other. I know usually it gets interpreted as Darcy=pride and Lizzy=prejudice, but I've always thought they were both very similar to each other in regards to their character (particularly the two characteristics mentioned). Not completely similar, obviously, but they came to understand each other because they complemented each other so well. I feel its the same with Jung and Seol. I'm not saying Seol is manipulating like Jung but they are quite similar. She‘s the only one who seems to see through him (ex. the skirt accident). Why? Couldn't it be because her mind kinda processes things like Jung does? Does she also have a dark streak in her? These questions aren't so much assumptions I'm making but its something I started asking myself since the moment I realized that Seol was the only person that saw through Jung's actions/motives. 

Huhu these characters are driving me crazy www.MessenTools.com-th_pyong-sip.gif

About Darcy and Elizabeth, I think the same too. Her pride was hurt by his comment from that moment she was prejudiced. He was prejudiced in the first place - a woman would cling on him -, but his pride got hurt too after falling for her and after her refusal!

As for HS, she is smart because she can imagine what JY is capable to do, especially in the webtoon. She is the only one who caught YJ off guards and saw his true self from that moment she was prejudiced. But he thought like that.

Spoiler

In the webtoon, he saw her drinking and smoking and was repulsed! Later, he heard from JY she was hardworking and a good student, even the second best. 

10 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

So... if HS is Lizzy and YJ is Darcy, then Inho is Mr. Wickham?  If so, I'm going to be super disappointed. :( (Team Inho over here...)

Yes, to me, In Ho is Wickham! But In Ho is also playing with HS. He noticed that YJ was mad at him for being around HS and what did he do? In Ho decided to stay by her side... well aware that he would annoy YJ.

To me, both IH and YJ are manipulative. 

Just found this series...and the main guy.

Wow what a jerk. Then I found the webtoon and same story there as well. What a jerk. Cannot stand him at all. What a colossal a******

But then the second pairing has really nice chemistry. Their arguments are funny and sparks just fly.

So already I'm done with this series, because its K-Drama and the main couple is pre-determined...so no point wasting my time. Adios.

Archived