[Taiwanese Drama 2015] When I See You Again 他看她的第2眼

c_gunawan541

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the title of the song that is played on the scene when YQ kissed AX's forehead ?

It's not yet out. Even the title. It's sung by GJ Jiang Zhuo Jia too (the singer for the opening theme song), he'll release his new album in 8/20 so we'll get to know it by then.

Speaking of which, I found inside pages scan for the new Spop august issue.
It loooks soooo good! I especially love the mature and black&white photo series.

Credits: A Beautiful Day @ Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1125577704138680.1073741877.892704650759321&type=3

11831791_1125577084138742_26418432264677

11800549_1125577104138740_55166018307777

11836691_1125577130805404_46881179006971

11822384_1125577154138735_81327181972269

11817180_1125577204138730_26115146475883

11143593_1125577227472061_68136018372601

11017857_1125577264138724_83085335401102

11219707_1125577287472055_57880939982329

11836653_1125577314138719_55113534499464

11796383_1125577367472047_86545625762754

11217571_1125577420805375_55483299789759

11825127_1125577467472037_85563519503259

11811365_1125577544138696_58734576506036

11836917_1125577564138694_22586414400130

11825694_1125577587472025_67342789235840

I especially like this picture. Fantaken by Ling Man @ Facebook

CsBwjYZ.jpg

I like Mandy's shots on the black & white but prefer Jasper's shots on the colored one.  

I like his shots on the black&white one, he looks great, especially the 2nd picture. The colored one is his usual stuffs for me :P Anyways, all these pictures look good. I also like his previous Spop issue pictures. Jasper became more flexible in photoshoot this year as compared to last year as they always want him to smile and go for the cute route. He's definitely seems at ease modeling in magazines as compare to last year shots, definitely a model.

====

Anyways, ep11 preview 2 is out and I'm super touched by the dialogues..

https://goo.gl/bsURXW

YQ: This is the dating plan I made when I was in college.
It's a nerd's wish.

AX: 19 years old, strolling hand in hand through the campus?

YQ: 20 years old, visit the zoo with An Xi.

Grandpa: Our You-Qian finally lives like a person with temperature.

YQ: I'll find your interest with you. You accompany me to complete my dreams.

==========

Ep10's rating went down to 1.97 (from 2.18 last week). T_T but it's not too far away from 2. I hope it'll rise back again next week.

(I also notice that most dramas' rating went down this week)

They look great in both shoots. As c_gunawan541 I really like the last picture of them. Was Mandy a model before she started to act too (like Jasper)? It is just the feeling that I get from the way they pose and from their facial expressions. 

Hm, what happened with the ratings? Are people away on vacation or is school starting for them in Taiwan? Some members over at ptt said they don't think it matters whether An Xi knows that You Qian is unibrow or not but I actually do think it matters. AX said to YQ that there's something that she can't let go off, which she can't be open about with him. (I think she is referring to unibrow) In ep 10 she also questioned herself if she chose YQ because he has the same eyes and gives off the lonely feeling that he (unibrow) does. Whenever she is together with YQ it seems like she is holding back so for her to really immerse herself in their relationship I think she has to know that they are the same person. Hopefully, it won't take too long before "the secret" gets revealed. Perhaps the ratings will be going up then?

Guest millicom

Yes, I think people are impatient for AX to know who YQ really is and the ratings reflect their disappointment that it hasn't happened yet.  They should let her know already.  Although I am enjoying the sweet moments together, I feel that AX is holding back a lot and is reluctant to give in to her feelings.  The only way for their relationship to move forward is when there are no secrets between them.  We already know how much YQ really love AX but I don't think AX is at that stage yet.  I really feel for YQ because he is more vulnerable and is more likely to get hurt.  

They look great in both shoots. As c_gunawan541 I really like the last picture of them. Was Mandy a model before she started to act too (like Jasper)? It is just the feeling that I get from the way they pose and from their facial expressions. 

Hm, what happened with the ratings? Are people away on vacation or is school starting for them in Taiwan? Some members over at ptt said they don't think it matters whether An Xi knows that You Qian is unibrow or not but I actually do think it matters. AX said to YQ that there's something that she can't let go off, which she can't be open about with him. (I think she is referring to unibrow) In ep 10 she also questioned herself if she chose YQ because he has the same eyes and gives off the lonely feeling that he (unibrow) does. Whenever she is together with YQ it seems like she is holding back so for her to really immerse herself in their relationship I think she has to know that they are the same person. Hopefully, it won't take too long before "the secret" gets revealed. Perhaps the ratings will be going up then?

Yup, Mandy debuted as a model and she used to go for the sexy route in the past but have now stopped being too sexy, which is good!  The sexy image limted her to bitchy "2nd female lead" roles in the past. Jasper and Mandy started their career as print models so their poses are pretty natural imo.

The rating is considered pretty high as compared to other tw-dramas but definitely lower  as compared to previous episodes of WISYA. Rating pretty much go up and down and it's something people can't control. I'm actually part of the PTT community, lol. I also think that the secret is not a big issue as of now since YQ decided to let free of the past. It'll definitely get revealed but I agree that AX can only immerse herself in the relationship once she get rid of her guilt towards unibrow. I don't know when will the writers reveal that he's unibrow. The writers are pretty unpredictable at times. I thought they'll reveal he's unibrow first before they get together (as like their other older dramas, reveal secret in the middle, couple get together and then misunderstanding/angst happens, lol). But so far, their conflicts are all resolved pretty fast and I hope it stays that way.

Looking back now, as we've finally get the full picture of their past story, the scenes we deemed as "frustrating moments" in the past actually made a lot of sense. Knowing the full picture definitely made me see this drama in a new perspective. I really appreciate how the director shot scenes of AX and YQ"s grandpa's meeting so early in the story, but only to reveal it after they meet. It shows that the director and writers know what are they doing, they've given us many underlying message... Even the new preview surprises me, I didn't know there's more to YQ's back story.

Yes, I think people are impatient for AX to know who YQ really is and the ratings reflect their disappointment that it hasn't happened yet.  They should let her know already.  Although I am enjoying the sweet moments together, I feel that AX is holding back a lot and is reluctant to give in to her feelings.  The only way for their relationship to move forward is when there are no secrets between them.  We already know how much YQ really love AX but I don't think AX is at that stage yet.  I really feel for YQ because he is more vulnerable and is more likely to get hurt.  

I actually think their relationship is progressing slowly but revealing that he's unibrow will definitely make their relationship take a step further. But we also have to wait till YQ get over his inferiority complex, I really think that he's not confident when he's in front of AX and like what Yan Ze said, he's blind when it comes to AX, lol... Too vulnerable, I feel for him too as he's the one who's deeper in love between the couple.

===============

Opening Theme Song Official MV featuring Mandy

I like Mandy's shots on the black & white but prefer Jasper's shots on the colored one. 

She is reluctant in her love for Jasper because she was hurt by her own mother and also hurt  

the nerdy  YQ when he was younger. Poor girl and guy. I do hope their relationship improves. T-dramas are known for being slow so I hope they don't drag this on.

Doesn't usually SETtv realize a making-of of those spop magazine shoots? I think it will be cute to watch because they both still seem shy and nervous whenever they are being close, especially Mandy. 

Thank you c_gunawan541 for sharing the MV of 预告. I like that song and the MV was pretty good as well. It would have been better though if the male lead was Jasper :p.

Guest millicom

New preview looks interesting.  Looks like Yan Ze can be a potential source of conflict in future episodes now that he thinks that AX can be the CEO's daughter.  His comments to YQ indicate that he is disheartened to find out that YQ has bested him again.  

@Transition They'll probably put up the BTS of Spop photoshoot some day, probably in the upcoming weeks.

SETTV had put up Jasper's photoshoot BTS for July issue of Spop previously too:

@millicom YZis a pretty complex character imo. He's not as what it seems. It really seems that he want to win YQ at least once when they were playing chess together. I think in some ways, he's actually envious of YQ's talents and now,  his luck (for getting a girlfriend who's related to his work superior) makes him feel even more envious. Based on character descriptions, he feels lonely like an outsider at home with his stepdad and their family so he probably wanted to at least excel in his career but with YQ around, he may not be able too. Invisible rivalry have always been an issue for guys... Anyways, I can't really see through him for now so I'll wait till the episode to be out.

=================

PS: Fan accounts have spotted Jasper and Mandy filming sweet scenes together and based on their filming schedule, it'll probably air 2 weeks later (Their filming is pretty efficient, they're not that  "LIVE" in live shooting system as they're ahead by at least 2weeks based on the fan accounts I've seen and the scenes broadcasted. The campus scene in Ep11 was filmed about 2 weeks ago.) At least we know that the couple will stay sweet for another 1-2 more episodes, lol... 

I'm accepting towards angst as long as it makes sense and doesn't aggravate me. 

EP11 Preview 3 (on facebook) https://www.facebook.com/wheniseeuagain

Guest millicom

Yes, both siblings are pretty complex, as YQ said, one plays games and the other one pretends to be nice.  I'm very interested to know their back stories and at least it's not the typical story where the secondary characters do all they can to separate the two leads.  They actually helped the two get together, although that may change later.  I'm ok with conflict too as long as they don't insult our intelligence.  

On the business part, I wonder what the CEO's plans will be for Pulang Village.  Maybe buy all the land? Where is AX's dad anyway? Did he die? 

In the picture where Mandy is wearing a giraffe costume, Jasper is wearing the same clothes in Episode 10-11, I wonder if that will be part of episode 11

@c_gunawan541 It is good to hear that they are a bit ahead with their filming. I think the quality of the script and acting will be better that way. If conflicts and angst are inevitable with the direction the story is going then I'm also okay with it. I just hope An Xi wouldn't make a big deal over the fact that You Qian is hiding that he is unibrow. 

@millicom I remember hearing AX say that her dad has passed away. I don't remember in which episode and when she said that though. 

Yesterday episode was a lot of fun, a lot of details packed into one episode. The pacing is just nice and I also notice the changes they made to the lighting and coloring, it feels brighter and more vibrant than previous episodes, the change is pretty apparent as they succeeded in making Mandy and Jasper's face look whiter, lol (since they've been getting tanned by the hot sun lately)

To add icing on the cake, we've great news!!

Ep11's rating went up to 2.85 (last week 1.97), recording a new high, almost broke 3!!!!

(It's probably because of the typhoon in Taiwan since people will probably stay at home but there were still many people who didn't have access to their TV as the signal was still off in some area due to the typhoon. But anyways, it's still a good news. I guess next ep's rating might drop since the typhoon is gone but it all comes to whether they can maintain about the same rating, more than 2 is considered very high). 

PS: As of now, WISYA is 2015's highest rated Taiwanese idol drama and also the highest rated sunday idol drama for the past 2 years (not counting those long-winded 8pm hokkien-taiwanese dramas that have hundreds of episodes and 8pm daily dramas since they tend to get higher rating but the highest for this year was Dear Mom - 2.90 but it's not considered as an idol drama, more like a family daily drama?)

11705326_761803287265415_583937041324538

It's great that the ratings went back up, whatever the case it's good for the drama although I'm glad they're not doing any type of grueling live shoot system. 

Excuse my ignorance, but how do Taiwanese audiences qualify a show as an idol drama? Is there an idol in this drama? Sorry, not too familiar with their entertainment industry. 

Also, episode 10 review is up http://k-dramacentral.blogspot.com/2015/08/t-drama-review-when-i-see-you-again.html

They often call their weekly mandarin dramas as idol dramas, their target audience caters to 15-24 or higher... It's just a habit. Idol drama trend started with Meteor Garden (where F4 were idols of that generation). I guess Jasper is considered an idol actor? In terms of idol, it does not mean people who sings pop songs like in the k-industry but more like popular people, idol dramas = popular dramas cater to teenagers to young adults.

Hi all! I am new to this forum!! :) 

This is my first post here, was looking for a place to discuss about this drama and thank god I've found this thread. Back here in Singapore nobody actually bothers about taiwan drama. ( Okay, I am a guy hence all my friends around me has 0% interest. ) Hesitated no more and had to create an account. I really enjoyed reading all the past 10 pages and all the in depth insights about this drama. Thanks to all for posting up so much info. 

But did you guys check out their official Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/wheniseeuagain/photos/a.720814451364299.1073741829.720476651398079/762406393871771/?type=1&theater

The mods there uploaded a picture with the caption '' 這兩個男人未來將會搶奪同一個「寶藏」?''

YZ already knew that AX is actually a rich woman's daughter would he actually try to go for her too? YZ was portrayed as always losing to YQ in capabilities and even in chess LOL! YZ even made the statement why is YQ so lucky to always have everything going for him and even 2 girls ( apparently his sister too )

Would jealousy and his desire to climb the corporate ladder have links to him destroying YQ and AX love story? I am really afraid that after AX found out about YQ being 一支眉 she would be so furious and reject him? Than YZ would take advantage of the situation? But i do rememebr her saying that one day what if 一支眉 comes back to her and she would be gladly waiting?

Seriously we are into more than half of the show and there are so many things waiting to unfold. I am secreltly hoping that this is a 25 episode drama teehee. Too much to pack into the remaining 8!

@doctor23b_stv Welcome to the thread!! Btw, It's better if you can replace 一字眉 as unibrow since many people in this thread are unable to read chinese.

I think 20epi will be just nice for now since they still have many things to talk about. AX's mom, unibrow, YZ's gradual change. Even Yong Qing have her own backstory, she seems to become twisted because she was once hurt by someone in the past. I think YZ going to the dark side is inevitable, because he've been suppressing his own jealousy, sadness about not being needed in his own family (he said that his mom abandoned his dad for a rich guy and even his dad abandoned him so he must feel like an outsider at home), back at the office, he also have YQ above him and now knowing that YQ hit a "jackpot" with AX, his jealousy might just explode because he always worked hard at home, in the office but nothing fruitful coming out from his hard work as there's always someone above him.

YQ and YZ in my opinion resemble each other, I also don't think their friendship was that pure in the past. It's more like they don't offend each other since their interest didn't clash with one another. They both only believe in themselves but YZ is probably not as loyal as YQ, as what he said when he rejected Ya En, he can't be loyal to anyone since he can only trust himself. They both have a pessimistic and cynical view of this world, it's just that YQ expresses his view by keeping a distance from others coldly, while YZ hides it by playing the "Mr. Nice" guy but in fact, he still keeps his distance from others too, just not as cold as YQ.

But now things are different, YQ have AX who changes him and AX is his superior's biological daughter, it means his career's future is secured but that also means that there's no way for YZ to win YQ in his career. I think YZ as a character showed a lot of his inner layers in this episode, I love it. I wouldn't mind him becoming bad as long as the development make sense.

YZ's character description said that he always feel like an outsider at home and keeps his distance from others by putting up a Mr. Nice guy facade but it's only until an innocent and simple girl changes him (so I'm guessing this might be Ya En... and I'm hoping it'll be her). So if he turns evil, there's still someone who pulls him back and show that someone cares for him.

In a way, Ya En and YZ are alike too. They always put up a facade in front of others. YZ put up the Mr. nice guy facade to create a barrier between himself and others and Ya En always put up "I'm fine" facade to not be a burden to her brother and friends and not to worry them.

I wasn't that into WISYA in the beginning but as the story progresses, I find myself attracted to all these characters, they all feel 3-dimensional and there's so many things to talk about them. Screenwriters just keep on dishing unexpected turn of events that I can't really guess what will happen next. I thought they'll drag the plot about AX's mom but they made her find out AX is her own daughter in just 1 episode. I thought they'll clear out the unibrow misunderstanding first before they make YQ and AX get together but they make YQ forgo his grudge about the past and start anew. I'm actually pretty impressed. Now that we see the full picture of AX and YQ's past, I'm looking the whole story in a new light. It's a well-planned drama. One thing I really appreciate is that the screenwriters are only 2 people from ep1 up till now, unlike other SETTV dramas where there's many screenwriters and one to coordinate their scripts, it feels more consistent this way.

==========

I have a spoiler about upcoming development based on a fan account who got to take a picture with Jasper a week ago. I'm not sure when they'll broadcast that scene though.

The fan said she spotted Jasper and Mandy filming a kiss scene!!!!

That must means that AX must have know the truth about unibrow because in the past few episodes, she've been holding back herself and unable to fully invest herself into the relationship because she was bound by her guilt towards unibrow... If they kiss, that means her "bind" is probably gone. So we probably have a very high chance of unibrow being revealed next week.

whoa. I really enjoyed your analysis on this drama. Rarely can you find such views somewhat, furthermore your projection of English is really good. Gosh gotta type like you. Hahah.

Regarding the spoiler fact I just read. Oh no. Let's hope that the fan is right but that scene he stated could be one of the few " fantasy " hallcuinations that YQ or AX always had.

May I know where did you find that particular fan spoiler? Which website? Would love to read more. Thanks in advance.

I love this series and the writers:) They always surprise me:) Lead pair got together before clarify misunderstandings (often this isn't usual) and now AX's mom knows who is her daughter (I expected that first she will mistreat and ruin AX and protect Yong Qing, then she will realize the truth, but not:D).

I like YZ (and his sister). They are complex character. I guessed that he knows about YE's crush and reject her, but I hope they will get together... They were cute and free on the beach. Now YZ must overcome his greed (for YQ - her pride), although his reasons are fully understandable knowing his family backstory.

I enjoy how in every episode we get a lot of cute scenes and new information, a little trace. The story is reasonable, consistent, I feel that the writers know what want with this story. And the characters are very good (yet I can't dislike fully the gangster tooXD)

Archived