[Taiwanese Drama 2015] When I See You Again 他看她的第2眼

c_gunawan541

Guest millicom

c_gunawan541 Great analysis :)

doctor23b  Welcome to the thread.  It's always nice to have more people sharing their thoughts and views

So happy that the ratings went up.  I hope it breaks 3 or even higher because I think they deserve it 

I want to share my own thoughts on what could happen.  

I think YQ being the smart guy that he is, will finally figure out that the thing/person that AX does not want to talk about is Unibrow.  AX, being the dense girl that she is, will finally figure out from the glasses and the little notepad that YQ is Unibrow and I was just thinking, how awesome it could be if they realize it and confess to each other at the same time.  (I really want for them to discover it themselves and not to have the other reveal the truth instead)

I think AX will not be angry once she knows that YQ and Unibrow is the same person and knowing will free up her guilt which will lead to our much anticipated kiss.

On the conflict part, I think YZ will push YQ into realizing that she actually loves YQ.  With that, YQ will try to fight for YQ by doing a lot of things to get YQ's attention ( like getting to trouble with guys and asking YQ to constantly bail her out).  She will probably play the guilt card with YQ until she is forced to confess to him that the reason why she is doing it is because she has fallen in love with him.

YZ on the other hand might play the villain on the mother daughter plot.  He might try to prevent AX from knowing who her mom is.  He might go to the CEO and tell her he knows her secret.  I don't think he will pursue AX because I think he knows he has no chance with her so he might just prod his sister to do the dirty work of interfering with our lead.

On the support cast, I hope Zhi Lin and Ya Lu end up together.  I like how Zhi Lin encouraged Ya En after YZ basically rejected her.  So nice and kind of her!  I really love that these characters treat each other as family.  Like, the girls are are not bitter that AX gets all of the guys attention and everybody is genuinely happy that she finally has a boyfriend (even Ya Lu)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoa. I really enjoyed your analysis on this drama. Rarely can you find such views somewhat, furthermore your projection of English is really good. Gosh gotta type like you. Hahah.

Regarding the spoiler fact I just read. Oh no. Let's hope that the fan is right but that scene he stated could be one of the few " fantasy " hallcuinations that YQ or AX always had.

May I know where did you find that particular fan spoiler? Which website? Would love to read more. Thanks in advance.

if you actually follow Jasper's instagram - ryu19860812, inside the pictures he's tagged by his fans, this was taken about 6days ago...

“親眼目睹(insert kissing emoticon)的現場" (Witnessed (kissing emoticon))

P8IfmtD.png

Thanks for the upload of the fan IG picture. In the preview AX is strongly against selling of YQ old premise. Does this mean that she still hopes unibrow would be back even after 10 long years?! Such devotion.. Gawd. Another reason for me to love AX. :lol: 

Really wish to see how the storyline unfolds. Will YZ do anything nasssty. COME SUNDAY PLEASEEE. 

Anyway sidenote. When they say ratings to break 3 what does that mean? Sorry rather noob in this. Means 3% of the whole Taiwan population? 

Yes, me too. I love AX for this devotion:D First I didn't like fully that she agreed with dating YQ, but now I love it. Because yet she doesn't want completely this relationship, and from her words judging (ring, fish scene) she plans to break up with YQ, when Unibrow "comes back". I enjoy it, because shows that she has strong feelings for Unibrow. I doubt that just simple remorse, because she made too much sacrifice with 10 year waiting, his house etc... From preview I think maybe AX will realize about Unibrow=YQ but she will not say it to YQ...

I'm curious about pairs. Will be more relationship? Now just YZ-YE, YQ-AX seems true. I think Zhi Lin-YQ's assistant (they are so clumsy, full of cuteness) and YaLu-YZ's sister would be interesting pair too...

@doctor23b_stv Welcome to the thread! I'm glad you like this place and do come by often to discuss the drama with us. :)

@c_gunawan541 Thank you for sharing the ratings and the spoilers with us. I'm glad the ratings for this drama has been doing good so far. I think it will get an average rating above 2 if they are able to keep it this way. (I don't think recall any idol drama having such good average rating for the past 2-3 years either. I think "In A Good Way" is the recent very successful idol drama but it got slightly under 2).

@millicom I don't think An Xi will be angry (at least not for long) when she knows that unibrow is You Qian. She didn't get angry for real either in the episode 11 when Yan Zhe revealed to her that he and You Qian have known each other for a long time and only pretended to be strangers infront of her.

@csancsy I also think that An Xi actually liked unibrow without realizing that herself. She always recall the thing he said regarding him being a fish that will eventually leave the aquarium and she named her fish after his traits "Not smiling", "bookworm", "little green" and "little glasses". 

Thanks for the upload of the fan IG picture. In the preview AX is strongly against selling of YQ old premise. Does this mean that she still hopes unibrow would be back even after 10 long years?! Such devotion.. Gawd. Another reason for me to love AX. :lol: 

Really wish to see how the storyline unfolds. Will YZ do anything nasssty. COME SUNDAY PLEASEEE. 

Anyway sidenote. When they say ratings to break 3 what does that mean? Sorry rather noob in this. Means 3% of the whole Taiwan population? 

I'm not too sure whether 3 means 3% of Taiwan population or those who installed TV? Lol... but I'm leaning towards Taiwan's population.

@c_gunawan541 Thank you for sharing the ratings and the spoilers with us. I'm glad the ratings for this drama has been doing good so far. I think it will get an average rating above 2 if they are able to keep it this way. (I don't think recall any idol drama having such good average rating for the past 2-3 years either. I think "In A Good Way" is the recent very successful idol drama but it got slightly under 2).

Some facts about tw-drama rating - 2008 drama Fated to Love You's highest rating was 10%, 2009 drama Defeated Queen (敗犬女王)'s highest rating was 7.35 and 2011 mega popular drama, In Time With You's highest rating was 5.51 and Office Girls's highest rating was 7+...

Many people used to tune in TV channels more frequently in the past but over the past 2-3 years, only 2012 drama Miss Rose had the highest rating 4.35 (averaging at 3.49 for its whole run).. Rating dropped a lot, we can also see the same pattern in Korean and Japanese dramas, they used to easily get 40%++ dramas but now, anything above 10% is considered pretty good.

So for the past few years in Taiwan, anything above 1 is good, above 2 is very good and hitting almost 3 is super big news so WISYA hitting almost 3 in these days is a pretty crazy feat! Its highest rating is the highest among weekly idol drama ever since Miss Rose (2012 drama), so you can see it's a pretty surprising feat. So unexpected as many didn't have high expectations for this drama when it first started. (Still, I think 2.85 was mostly due to the Typhoon as many chose to stay indoor so we'll probably see a drop in rating next week...)

IAGW's highest rating was 2.67 but it kind of loses it steam towards the end, dropping to as low as 1.24 in its 24th ep and hitting 1.77 for its last episode. Still, you can't really compare Friday and Sunday dramas since Friday dramas only air on cable channel - SETTV, while Sunday dramas air on TTV (public broadcast channel) so Sunday dramas tend to get higher rating. IAGW hitting 2.67 was considered amazing for a Friday drama.

Jasper Liu's previous drama, Pleasantly Surprised/ Love Myself or You was the only other Friday drama that hit 2 in rating other than IAGW. Jasper's drama tend to do pretty well in rating. Even his FTV drama IUUI almost beat SETTV's Love Around (starring Annie Chen and George Hu) with its premiere rating (IUUI - 1.66, Love Around 1.86) but sadly, it also loses it steam but it was still amazing as other channels tend to rate a lot lower than SETTV dramas.

I also notice that there are more male audience for this drama (including @doctor23b ) as compared to other dramas because when I was lurking in PTT (Taiwanese forums), I often see some guys saying that they can empathize with YQ's situation, they can see a bit of themselves in him.

Thanks to this drama, Jasper's popularity skyrocketed in Taiwan, up to 700k fans in facebook from 490k fans before this drama started and we're only halfway through this drama...

(Part of it was also because Jasper grabbed 7 CFs based on this year alone, higher publicity, my Taiwanese friend said you can see his ad posters on the streets of Taipei)

---------------------

Today is Jasper Liu's birthday, he turns 29 this year.

WISYA's staff members gifted him a few guitar since they know that he's the guitarist for indie band - Morning Call 輕晨電 - https://www.facebook.com/eelin.Morningcall?fref=ts

He lent his voice (it's more like harmonization) for one of his band's song - French Film , it's his first time singing in public (as in releasing a single?) because he's always so shy and not confident about his singing, haha! But he've been taking singing classes starting from the beginning of this year.

He was spotted filming the band's MV recently (they used to only have lyrics MV or concept MV that didn't have the faces of the band members)

11219678_1001786876520380_55650552052329

11866419_1075879012430278_67069581736047

Cast mates also posted celebratory wishes on their facebook page

11836881_10155919365350383_6940183504050

11885280_899290260143282_138313116747266

----------------

I also read one very funny post in Taiwanese campus forum (where college students go anonymous and only log in using their university's email account)

A male netizen was complaining that Jasper snatched away his girlfriend as his girlfriend will often go missing on every Sunday 22:00 (WISYA's air time) and he only get super slow replies on his LINE (Taiwan's popular chat app) and will only return to him 23:30 (when the drama finish airing), lol................... he was asking whether other guys face the same problem as him, hahaha!

Original link: https://www.dcard.tw/f/bg/p/444954

The comments below are even funnier.

I translated some funny ones (mostly the comments from male netizens)

Male netizen:
對手是以豪
你就認了吧(´・_・`)
(Your opponent is Jasper, just admit defeat (´・_・`) )

Female netizen: 
他沒繼續看幕後花絮嗎???
(She doesn't watch the BTS (which air from 23:30 to 23:45))
(The poster replied this person  - do you mean that you want her to extend her "disappearance" for another 15min? =. =)

Male netizen (yes it's a male netizen but I'm not sure whether it's the girlfriend using her bf's email account or it's a LGBT couple)
以豪害我跟我男友吵架嗚嗚
(Jasper made me quarrel with my boyfriend, *tears*)

Male netizen:
記得前陣子閃光還滿迷他的,說他是天菜笑起來好可愛喔,於是我就心血來潮去燙了他那顆髮型o(*゚▽゚*)o,結果她看完一直狂笑說剪這什麼鳥窩頭(T▽T),啊到底是差在哪啦(,,#゚Д゚)
(I remember my girlfriend used to fangirl over him in the past, she says that he's her ultimate type as he's so cute when he smiles. So on a whim, I went to perm my hair to look like his hairstyle o(*゚▽゚*)o  (referring to the broccoli curly hairstyle Jasper was known for in the past). But when she saw it, she was laughing like crazy, asking why did I cut a bird nest hair(T▽T). Ah... what's the difference (,,#゚Д゚) 

Male netizen:
幹我也是 同病相憐
(F! Me too!! we share the same predicament)

Male netizen:
我們這邊的情況是我被魏蔓搶走了
(For my side, I'm snatched away by Mandy.)

Male netizen:
我的閃光也被以豪搶走嗚嗚嗚
(My girlfriend is also snatched away by Jasper.. T_T)

Male netizen:
你可以回她你覺得魏蔓很正
(You can reply her that you find Mandy very pretty)

Male netizen:
我女友說他男友被以豪搶走了Q Q,可是我也覺得以豪好帥~~
(My girlfriend said that her boyfriend is snatched away by Jasper Q Q, but I also find Jasper very handsome)

Male netizen:
真的~QAQ 
(Really! QAQ)(referring that he shares the same predicament with the original poster)

Male netizen:
以豪的帥是連男生都承認的 乖 你就認了吧 你閃光沒找花椰菜自己來就不錯了
(Guys also admit that Jasper is handsome. Come, just admit it. It's good enough that your girlfriend didn't really go find a broccoli)

Male netizen:
我女友說要叫他媽收以豪當女婿,
然後他要收我當豬,
跪問這是甚麼意思
(My girlfriend said she'll ask her mom to take Jasper in as her son-in-law and take me in as a pig...
Can someone tell me what does this mean?)

Male netizen:
只好跟著看了 Orz
(I've no choice but to watch together with her Orz)

=========

I laughed so hard at all these comments... too funny! 

For reference: Jasper's past broccoli curly hairstyle -

FKQmRwo.jpg gqXrMoE.jpg

@c_gunawan541 Thank you for the information. I started watching Taiwanese dramas around 10 years ago but I had a "hiatus" during my university years and didn't start to pick it up again until last year so I got shock at how much ratings have fell over the years. Since this pattern is seen in every Asian country I think this is due to the improved technology. 

Oh we got a couple of new names here, welcome :) More people to talk to & discuss! Yay!!! 

Watched episode 11 (waiting on a link to download it for my review) and I am enjoying how things have been pretty unpredictable. I didn't expect CEO Luna (I will call her that) to figure out An Xi was her daughter. I didn't feel bad for her when she cried, but I am curious about her reasons for leaving. I really am looking forward to her interactions with An Xi and whether she'll attempt to form a relationship with her without giving away her identity. 

I also like how each character is complex, no one is simple and easy to figure out especially the siblings. Both have scars from the past that define how they act in the present yet each chooses to deal with them differently. Yong Qing acts arrogant and standoffish like she doesn't care when she does while Yan Ze acts like he's super friendly and approachable when he really isn't. It's really interesting. 

Oh yea, something interesting to note. 周芷月 is CEO Luna current name but AX always reminded us that her mother's name is 周敏月. Maybe she really did not want anybody to find her till the extend of changing her name. 

Guest septiaannay

hI everyone, nice to meet you all, I been silent reader for the past 2 weeks ever since I know this drama, &I hook since ep 1 lol, been awhile since I watch taiwan drama, my last t drama was  2 years ago, autumn concerto. im

I happy to knowing thisdrama, coz I fall in love with jasper liu, omg I love the way he smile, make my heart flutter. sorry for my broken English. 

hI everyone, nice to meet you all, I been silent reader for the past 2 weeks ever since I know this drama, &I hook since ep 1 lol, been awhile since I watch taiwan drama, my last t drama was  2 years ago, autumn concerto. im

I happy to knowing thisdrama, coz I fall in love with jasper liu, omg I love the way he smile, make my heart flutter. sorry for my broken English. 

Hi there! No worries about your English! Nice to have you on board this thread with us. Guess most of us came back at TW dramas due to this show. I still remembered when I watched the first episode and shut it out under 10 mins. HAHA, to now being a crazy fan over it.

Guest septiaannay

thankhI everyone, nice to meet you all, I been silent reader for the past 2 weeks ever since I know this drama, &I hook since ep 1 lol, been awhile since I watch taiwan drama, my last t drama was  2 years ago, autumn concerto. im

Hi there! No worries about your English! Nice to have you on board this thread with us. Guess most of us came back at TW dramas due to this show. I still remembered when I watched the first episode and shut it out under 10 mins. HAHA, to now being a crazy fan over it.

thank you for welcome me, yeah this drama was so good.

@c_gunawan541 Thank you for the information. I started watching Taiwanese dramas around 10 years ago but I had a "hiatus" during my university years and didn't start to pick it up again until last year so I got shock at how much ratings have fell over the years. Since this pattern is seen in every Asian country I think this is due to the improved technology. 

Yeah, too many websites/other sources that people can choose to view dramas from and tw-dramas have lost a lot of viewers over the past few years to k-dramas, c-dramas, j-dramas because tw-dramas frankly speaking are very limited in "genres", especially SETTV dramas but I'm glad that they've released some creative ones this year. Such as crime-procedural dramas Sunset (落日) and Ihero (鑑識英雄), medical-suspense drama Wake Up (麻醉風暴) and many more.

Haha, you should try watching Pleasantly Surprised/Love Myself or You, he smiles even more there but I actually prefer his character in WISYA than PS as he's more manly here. Welcome to the thread btw!

Totally feel you, the first episode's editing was choppy as hell. Glad that you have it another chance. It's been years since I live stream a sunday idol drama real time, the last time was Office Girls. (I watched Someone Like You after it finished but still halfway through it.. SETTV sunday dramas for the past few years have been not really my cup of tea (they tend to go super makjang 狗血 for the second half) but I'm glad that Someone Like You (聽見幸福) and WISYA seems to be picking up the pace and there's more returning audience to the Sunday drama slot.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Taiwanese Drama 2015] When I See You Again 他看她的第2眼 (Ep11 Preview 2

Oh sorry, lavelyshai. What I meant was Lunar CEO changed her Chinese name. A typical Chinese name consists of 3 Chinese singular characters with the first character being the surname. Although there are also Chinese names with 2 or 4 characters. ( But let's not go into there, hard to explain. 3 characters are the most common. E.g AX only has 2 characters. The first is her surname. XYQ has 3 characters. )

Lunar ceo kept her surname, you could see the difference 周芷月and 周敏月. The first character is the same whereas there's a change in the second character. She kept the third character same which literally means " moon ". I think there's a meaning in the change and why she did it. What the changes signify and stuff.. It's like literature classes where names of characters means something. 

Concidentally, 月 which means moon in Chinese perfectly aligns to her Christian name ,Lunar. YZ was seen going through companies documents signed by Lunar CEO to further confirm his assumptions. She did not sign officially in her Chinese name but English name, Lunar. 

Lunar maria which is the English name for the hostel is named after her by AX's dad.

Hope I didn't put it across too confusing for you.

2 Previews for ep12 is out! OMG OMG!!! So exciting!

https://goo.gl/9Bsa7Y

YQ:Help me reserve a private room for 6pm tonight.
DY: Is there anything big that you want to celebrate?
AX: I hurt someone when I was in high school, the haunted house is that person's house. You really can't sell that house!
YQ: Whenever I try to get closer to her, it seems that there's always a wall in between us.
YL: That wall...may be a person.

https://goo.gl/ma7jbv

YongQ: Xia You Qian and me have a relationshp where we need each other, we will never be separated.
YQ: I don't want to continue this kind of relationship.
YongQ: You're just a regret that he had in his youth. In the end, he'll still be together with me!

OMO!!! It seems she really will know YQ=Unibrow and YZ's sister will be increasingly obstacle... But what do they say in the preview??? I can't understand :(  I can't wait for Monday!!!

Updated with the translations above. Anyways, I'm super excited and I hope Yong Qing can just screw off somewhere. LOL

OMO!!! It seems she really will know YQ=Unibrow and YZ's sister will be increasingly obstacle... But what do they say in the preview??? I can't understand :(  I can't wait for Monday!!!

Updated with the translations above. Anyways, I'm super excited and I hope Yong Qing can just screw off somewhere. LOL

LOL :D I missed it, because I just concentrated on the video. Immediately I clicked on the link, I didn't watch other. Now I read the translate:) I can't wait. I hope AX won't be noble idiot and give up because of remorse or Yong Qing. I think the discovery is showed in the episode's end, so maybe we have to wait plus one week for the reactions... 

@csancsy Based on what I've seen, I'm guessing that AX went to find YQ to ask about the glasses she found in his room because it look familiar and Yong Qing's words to her "regret in his youth" might just answer her suspicion. So at the end, Yong Qing's threat may actually be the key for AX to figure out YQ is unibrow. Anyways, I'm excited.

Archived