[Taiwanese Drama 2015] When I See You Again 他看她的第2眼

c_gunawan541

@doctor23b @millicom  It's not only about sentimental value but because it means a lot to his grandpa. Remember that YQ's grandpa sold the house in order to pay for his operation fees in the past? In the preview, AX told YQ that "it'll be the best if you could buy it". It's not a must but the old house definitely means a lot to him because it's a way to repay his grandpa. I'm pretty sure even if Yong Qing gets a hold on the house, it won't be much of a threat to YQ (even though it might annoy him).

---------

As for Jasper's popularity in Taiwan, his popularity definitely skyrocketed this year, his facebook page have 720k++ people (up from 490k before he took WISYA) and he landed on numerous CFs this year - Skechers Taiwan, Taiwan Beer (Jolin Tsai, Mark Chao, Wang Lee Hom also endorses this beer but Jasper endorses the fruity beer series), Seiko ALBA watches (replacing Tony Yang), Xantia cosmetics, Metholatum Men's Shampoo and Oster Fruit Juice Mixer/Coffee Maker,  and I heard there's one more CF that they haven't announced yet...

You could easily spot his poster ads on the streets and on buses (based on what my Taiwanese friend told me). Also, he've always been popular among female celebrities as there was a few people who named him as their ideal type or praised him such as Joanne Tseng (from Dear Mom, saying that she likes sunny boys like him and find him full of potential among current tw-male stars), 蝴蝶姐姐 who always named him as her ideal type and recently, even Vic Chou (yes, from F4, my old crush) mentioned in an interview that he find Jasper the most promising among current/new batch of tw-male actors.

This was his LIVE video during his first fansigning event of his photobook in Kaohsiung last week (LOTS of screaming and even though the organizer only gave number cards to 400 people (limited numbers), he signed over 900 copies in total that day). His photobook 犬貓人 is selling pretty well too as it's always ranked in the top10 best-seller in bookstores and web book stores..  (Yup... as someone who followed his career since 2013, I'm happy for him.) I don't think he's up till A-list rank yet but all he need is a few successful movies and he'll definitely reach there, because most of his dramas have gained decent rating in Taiwan. For someone who debuted a few years ago (2011 drama, In time with You is considered his first supporting acting role), he's moving up the ladders in a pretty impressive speed.

As for forming an ego... I don't think this guy will ever be like that. He's just so down-to-earth and well-liked among his peers. He even rode his bicycle to the radio show company building that his band, Morning Call guested yesterday... haha. He was spotted taking the train a few weeks ago and even took pictures with fans that spotted him. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest millicom

Maybe Yong Qing will buy the house with the intent of gifting it to YQ.  I think her goal right now is to let YQ know that she has feelings for him.  I'm actually interested on what she's going to do to try to win his affections.

As for Jasper, I discovered him from Pleasantly Surprised which I watched initially because of Puff, and I was "pleasantly surprised" with him.  (haha, notice the play of words) :D  His acting really improved here at WISYA.  He also has good chemistry with Mandy and Puff which really contributed to the success of both dramas.  I tried watching his older shows, but I didn't really like his character roles....  

As for Mandy, I really really tried watching Say Again Yes I Do, but her hair style really bothered me...I just couldn't focus on the story because it kept distracting me, so I just lost interest.  

@millicom Mandy's previous drama works weren't my cup of tea too (and Say Again Yes I Do is definitely one of her worst one, though I did like her in Love, Now) but I really like her here in WISYA and her off-screen personality, she's a bit on the manly side, haha! Even SETTV's host calls her "Man"dy in a joking way. Jasper's previous shows such as The patisserie with no name is a pretty good one imo but it was mostly because of the episodic stories and the cinematography, not for the love triangle between him, the heroine and Xiu Jie Kai, haha! His role in IUUI is soooooooo gratingly UGH, he started out cute but became an indecisive mess towards the end. It had potential but just no.. what a disaster. 

============

Jet Chao is a funny guy in real life, haha

He wishes everyone Happy Chinese Valentine's Day (and he wore Jasper's unibrow uniform in a "defiant" way ), he put up hashtags such as #seemslikehe'snotgoodinstudies #musthaverepeatedhisgrade hahaha!

SUdRXIS.jpg

and his nerdy look... without the unibrow. He made my day, lol!

LeV3thd.jpg

Some cute fanmade illustrations: (by FL illustration and Xiao Luo Si)

Ya En

map1h01.jpg

Happy Chinese Valentine's Day!

j3oDPL2.jpg

i5AK2wn.jpg

aramGER.jpg

Yea, I think Jasper is so down to earth. From signing 400 to well over 900 is no easy feat. Most superstars would just stop and go, but he really loves his fans! His smile is really so down to earth, really melts you. Besides he got a hot bod too. 

@LavelyShai Mandy was in Love, Now as He Cai Rong, the female doctor that have a secondary loveline with Bobby Dou's character (second male lead). It was the role that get her known by the public and next, she landed on her first lead role in Deja Vu.

I seriously think Mandy is soooooooooo pretty at that time (despite her stiff acting) but she improved a lot in WISYA and is very good. I like her with bangs and with more weight like in Deja Vu and Love, Now. Her makeup in WISYA is too light and I just wish her makeup artist could do something about it because she's very pretty with some lipstick color and a little bit more makeup.

11891133_10155952813970383_8459367292458

11913010_975692995785477_171047767_n.jpg

Mandy has indeed lost quite a bit of weight since I last saw her in Deja Vu. I don't know if she was joking but during the first press-conference of WISYA she said she was on diet because she felt pressured that Jasper's face is so small. In addition to that she has been getting tanned from filming a lot of outdoors-scenes which make her look even thinnier. With that said I still think she looks pretty, especially when her hair is in ponytail. 

Such a coincidence that you guys were talking about her role in "Love Now" because Mandy recently posted on her instagram that she misses her role in that drama. I haven't watched "Love Now" but I think I might do that aftet finishing WISYA since it seems like a lot of people liked her in there. For those who have watched it, is it any good?

Now back to WISYA I'm looking forward to see how the dynamic between An Xi and You Qian will be now as a couple, when there's no "wall" between them. I want to keep things fresh so I have avoided watching the previews. 

@c_gunawan541 Thanks for all the extra info on mandy. A great fan of hers. She always broadcast live during WISYA on her facebook, posting details of herself on facebook. She prepared 13 sunglasses cause she said episode 13 YQ is going to be extra '' glaring ''. Jeez, can't wait for tomorrow. Anyway mandy posted on her facebook about her and rainie yang featuring in a show/movie? 極光之愛 is the title. Sorry, i cannot find the english translation. Anybody has more info about this?

@Transition She wasn't  100% joking in the press conference, she really did deliberately lose weight under pressure because Jasper is known for his small face. But as the filming progresses, she lost more weight + got tanned and she even say herself (in the Spop magazine interview) that she didn't bear to look in the mirror (in a joking manner of course), but anyways she regained some of her weight lately as she also didn't want to look too thin and now, she looks healthier.

When WISYA first started airing, many of her fans have gave her remarks that she lost too much weight that it's making her look older but she said those comments didn't matter to her that much as she's more worried to get comments saying that she doesn't look like An Xi, the character and An Xi is supposed to be a girl who doesn't care too much about her appearance so getting tanned or becoming thin aren't things that she should be worrying about.

Anyways, I admire her professionalism and attitude. Most ladies pairing up with Jasper are usually pressurized because he have such a small face + babyfaced (especially when he puts his fringe down), people keep forgetting this man is turning 30 years old next year, lol. Anyways, I think she looks a lot healthier lately and I'm happy for Mandy.

@doctor23b @jazz638 That movie is not out yet on the internet (I mean.. *cough*, the illegal copies) or maybe it's out but I'm not aware.  But you guys could probably buy DVD, they would usually include English subs on it. It got mixed reviews though, most people only like the younger parts (the first generation couple), which stars rising actor Lin Bo Hong for that part, he's also one rising tw-actor I've been keeping my eye on.

============

The "sisters" of WISYA. Jasper look like a girl here, he put a remark on his instagram: "My younger sister is so pretty!", LOL.

They look alike in this picture.

11903876_10155963404005383_5539940074465

@c_gunawan541 It is good that Mandy has been gaining more weight recently. Not only her, I think girls (and guys too) look better with more meat on their bones. 

Hehe, Mandy and Jasper do look kind of a like in that picture. Mandy also posted the same photo saying that her little sister is pretty. So who of them is actually the younger sister? :P

@c_gunawan541 It is good that Mandy has been gaining more weight recently. Not only her, I think girls (and guys too) look better with more meat on their bones. 

Hehe, Mandy and Jasper do look kind of a like in that picture. Mandy also posted the same photo saying that her little sister is pretty. So who of them is actually the younger sister? :P

Hahah, Mandy is 2 years older than Jasper in real life

Boy! Ep 13 is so full of kisses!! Jiu Mi!! 

I was shocked at first when mandy spoke at that HK's fantasy scene. Her command of hokkien is just so cute!

Yesterday's episode was soooooooo funny (minus the Hu siblings and the CEO) but I enjoyed Hai Kuo and Yong Qing's scenes, lol... They matches well actually.

Even the BTS cracks me up so badly! It's apparent that Mandy and Jasper seems closer right now (must be because of those lovey dovey scenes they had to act out on).

In the beginning of the BTS, they're seen playing "wrestling" with each other and continue holding each other hands even when the director shouted "CUT"! LOL!

I don't know whether Mandy add on the "kiss" during the BTS where Jasper had to act out imitating Hai Kuo's fashion style and the way he talks, Mandy gave him a kiss after he said, "Chu me!" and Jasper's reaction is so funny afterwards, he was saying, "So good? I earned advantage (or that word can be translated as I earned something!!)" and Mandy became flustered, she starts to jokingly hit him and chase after him to continuously hit him, loll... I had to replay that scene many times because it was sooo funny.

Jet Chao playing as the drunken intruder on the set in the BTS is funny too, hahaha! 

As for the lovey dovey scenes, I wouldn't mind a bit of it but I want more plot development for the leads in the future or just keep their lovey dovey scenes subtle and sweet as it's more natural that way. In the preview for next ep, Da Yu is seen reporting back to YQ about Yan Ze's recent wherebouts. I knew that YQ is not that easy, he's also keeping his tabs on Yan Ze, ha! 

BTW, the beach scene between the CEO and AX from next week's preview was filmed last week if I'm not wrong. Mandy live broadcasted it last week so I guess the filming progress is pretty ahead of times even though they used a live-shooting system. 

----------------------------

Ep 13 BTS

Ep 14 Preview 1

Guest millicom

@c_gunawan541.  I agree with you.  I like it better when the love scenes is kept subtle and sweet.  The best moments for me for episode 13 between the two leads would have to be 

- dialogue when YQ was telling AX that he was pretty cynical about people but she changed his thinking and made him care for her and how she filled that hole in his heart... and; 

- when AX took out the necklace and finally put the ring on YQ's finger.

The love scenes have more of an impact because it's a result of an overflow of their emotions.  It gives off as being authentic rather than being left with that feeling that the love scene is forced and was just filmed just to keep the fans happy.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you,  I just want to keep it more real.

I also have confidence with YQ in figuring just what YZ is up to.   

I'm sure he is already trying to work out how did Jiang Hai Kuo found out that DY is his assistant and why was the CEO acted out of character by "apologizing" to AX.  Writers, please don't disappoint me on just how smart YQ can be :D

I am particularly interested in YQ right now.  I think the writers will not make YZ and YQ evil, rather they would make them schemers instead, specially YZ.  

For me, I felt that the series is divided into 2 parts. Episode 12 resolved the major conflict that was built up from episode 1 to 11.  Now, the next few episodes is building up the conflict of the mom, YZ and YQ which will be resolved on the last episode.   Is it confirmed that this series will run only for 20 episodes?

@millicom 20ep is just a rough estimation, SETTV usually don't confirm how many episodes will it have until the last few episodes and wikipedia isn't exactly trustworthy as many people can just go ahead and edit it. I hope it stays less than or stay as 20ep.. I agree that the story is divided into 2 parts. I hope to see our OTP supporting each other and weather through the storms coming ahead of them.

Subtle lovey dovey scenes are more natural and more heartfelt but I guess the sweet scenes in ep13 were pretty funny (because YQ was being so mushy mushy that it was pretty hilarious) so I'll excuse them for that, ha!

Even his grandpa can't stand this couple. He had to wear a pair of sunglass to cover the glaring "brightness" the OTP gives off, haha! Grandpa is a fashionista, ahead of the trend, hahaha!

11883865_768416449937432_758156221309980

While watching episode 13 I reacted like Jasper when he read the script, I got goosebumps at how cheesy his tricks were when he tried to make the atmosphere romantic when he was with An Xi. :P It is cute though since he (and An Xi) are new to this so I understand why he is a bit clumsy. If his grandpa didn't interupt them twice then we would have indeed gotten a lot of kisses in this episode. 

@c_gunawan541 I thought the BTS was funny too. I know Mandy doesn't speak Taiwanese well as the cast made fun of her before. I guess Jasper doesn't know the dialect either since he spoke Mandarin in Jiang Hai Kuo's imagination. As for the kiss scene, I think Jasper didn't expect Mandy to really kiss him. (when they were rehearsing I thought the director said they were supposed to kiss? Perhaps they changed it at the end but Mandy wasn't aware of that? ) He "earned it" indeed :P

I also feel like the two have gotten closer now, which is nice to see. 

@Transition I also got the goosebumps for those lovey dovey scenes, I think AX is the better one among the 2 when it comes to heartfelt romantic gestures, lol...

Showbiz 完全娛樂 Facebook just posted a preview picture for tomorrow show, they'll be broadcasting Spop magazine photoshoot BTS of Jasper and Mandy, so YAY!

11892280_1162571963769447_48830742525179

@c_gunawan541 Yes, An Xi is actually quite good at doing romantic gestures. I thought it was sweet how she secretly learnt how to play guitar (and love song even) to surprise You Qian, her apology and confession were very touching as well and her gesture in the latest episode when she kissed the ring before taking it off from You Qian's neck and putting it on his finger and the thing she said afterwards were sweet too. 

Finally, a BTS for the Spop magazine shoot. I was thinking why it is taking so long for them to release it. 

Jasper just posted this on his facebook. Cute.

d2f7f0d2gw1eve4755d3xj20ku0kuabv.jpg

Archived