[Taiwanese Drama 2015] When I See You Again 他看她的第2眼

c_gunawan541

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep6 rating records a new high AGAIN. 2.45!!! (from last week 2.20)

WOW, just WOW! That surprised me and here I thought the rating might fall a bit but instead, it broke its predecessor, Someone Like You's highest rating (2.44 during its last ep).

Spoilers about yesterday's episode under the spoiler tag.

WARNING: DON'T CLICK THE SPOILER TAG UNLESS YOU'RE READY TO BE SPOILED

Yesterday's episode made me think a lot about YQ's feelings towards AX. He KNOWS he's going the round-a-bout, cold and hot, inconsistent attitude because he just cares too much about her. When people fall in love with someone one-sidedly, we will think too much and struggle with our inner turmoil, such as if that person's actions didn't go the way we like, we'll feel sad or angry at him/her but in the end, we hate ourselves for thinking so and then it becomes a vicious cycle. He hates himself for becoming such an irrational person and hates himself even more than he can't control himself.

Honestly, the first half of ep6 was tiring to watch mainly because of Yong Qing (the secondary bitchy female lead). She's so selfish, possessive and just plain twisted but I guess she made useful of herself in "some way" because she made YQ reconsider about his own feelings towards AX and he decided to let it go, start afresh and try his best shot at wooing AX so that he won't leave any regrets.

Even though the misunderstanding is still not solved, I also like this new development, it made sense to me. If solving misunderstanding is not an option, then starting anew and forgetting about the past is another good choice. It's logical. I like this episode a lot better because of the high school flashbacks and the second half of the episode when YQ starts to openly face his own feelings and stop going the round-a-bout. Plus, even though second female lead is annoying as hell (at least even YQ dislikes her, haha!), the feelings are more consistent in this episode. NOT like previous ep where YQ's attitude will suddenly turn cold for no valid reason and then decides to be good to AX again suddenly, the overall tone feels more consistent than last episode where it was like we're going in and out of a sauna room, lol!!!

The last bit of ep6 had me squealing because Jasper is killing me with his hotness. LOL...

11411873_745903098855434_205756347475390
At least, the plot is moving forward by second half of the story and the loveline is officially starting next ep!!!!!

Edit: I saw some comments on PTT (Taiwanese biggest forum) about this drama by male fans. They say that they can empathize and feel YQ's inner turmoil. I'm surprised... maybe because I'm seeing this from a female perspective.

One particular male commenter even said that there was a period of time where he was like YQ, struggling with his own feelings and hating himself (probably because he also like someone one-sidedly), it's a vicious cycle that's hard to be stopped unless there's something to make himself get out of his own "box". 

11694025_10155789310225383_2406705494384

Guest millicom

I'm really enjoying this drama.  It's good that Jasper was able to have a drama soon after Pleasantly Surprised and to have good chemistry with Mandy.

I like that the story is being told mostly at YQ's perspective.  I really feel for him.  He already had a hard time trusting people which is why he took AX's rejection of him so badly.  Although YQ is slowly realizing AX's real character right now, when he feels hurt, logic flies out of the window.  

I'm also looking forward to knowing more about AX's story because right now there's a lot of things we don't know about her, like what happened to her parents, how exactly did she feel about "Unibrow", is it guilt that causes her to clean his house?  Why doesn't she want to fall in love?  You can really see that even though she has a lot of suitors, she is inexperienced in the love area.  I really hope YQ will not hurt her once she falls in love with him.  She doesn't really deserve it, can she help it if her kindly nature causes guys to fall in love with her? 

I am also interested in the 2nd female lead's story. I think she was also hurt quite badly by her first love which caused her to be cynical about love. Her cold attitude is ok, I hope they don't make her the typical "bad" female character.

Loving the ending song too.  Kept on playing it over and over again

Guest millicom

An Xi is suddenly wearing earrings at the end of the preview, could YQ's have given it to her?

I really like ep6 actually, especially the second half of it as YQ starts to reflect about his inconsistent attitude and I felt a lot for him.

Can't help but to make some screencap edits and gifs for this episode.

Screencap Edits: http://smallline.tumblr.com/post/123489320828/when-i-see-you-again-2-ep6-screencaps-edit

tumblr_nr4yn2fsuh1qiy3sso5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nr4yn2fsuh1qiy3sso4_540.jpg

tumblr_nr4yn2fsuh1qiy3sso3_540.jpg

tumblr_nr4yn2fsuh1qiy3sso6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nr4yn2fsuh1qiy3sso2_540.jpg

tumblr_nr4yn2fsuh1qiy3sso1_540.jpg

tumblr_nr4yn2fsuh1qiy3sso7_540.jpg

Gifs 01 : http://smallline.tumblr.com/post/123577310888/when-i-see-you-again-2-ep6-jasper-liu-yi

tumblr_nr6rwg1FQj1qiy3sso7_400.gif tumblr_nr6rwg1FQj1qiy3sso4_400.gif

tumblr_nr6rwg1FQj1qiy3sso3_400.gif tumblr_nr6rwg1FQj1qiy3sso1_400.gif

tumblr_nr6rwg1FQj1qiy3sso8_400.gif tumblr_nr6rwg1FQj1qiy3sso2_400.gif

tumblr_nr6rwg1FQj1qiy3sso5_400.gif tumblr_nr6rwg1FQj1qiy3sso6_400.gif 

Gifs 02: http://smallline.tumblr.com/post/123577314488/when-i-see-you-again-2-ep6-jasper-liu-yi

tumblr_nr6s45cZZ71qiy3sso4_400.gif tumblr_nr6s45cZZ71qiy3sso1_400.gif
tumblr_nr6s45cZZ71qiy3sso2_400.gif tumblr_nr6s45cZZ71qiy3sso3_400.gif

Some funny BTS, Mandy is such a friendly person in real life, she always interact with fans through facebook/instagram and is not scared of making such ugly faces, haha! These people... hahahaha!

11709609_10155804174030383_6925624251809

and Jasper is taking turns in "romancing" almost all of his male co-stars, from Hao Wei of Pleasantly Surprised(Jolin Chien), to Jiang Hai Kuo to Ya Lu (Liu Shu Hong) to Yan Ze (Jet Chao). LOL...

11206944_506879172794281_636107445244805

11666296_10153888915011494_1401488869767

11026787_1003954742961440_22643331144904

Brother and sister in the drama~

11698499_506229936192538_502895138397222

11694767_10153911121111494_3287664835931

Mandy described Jasper as 大魔王 (Demon King).... LOL~

11248011_1634212366850458_1189321256_n.j

10808418_1029611487071801_201244386_n.jp

11378890_1642686755947552_1422934499_n.j

11325635_998436380196614_1947746808_n.jp

11428676_477298142433705_4040343_n.jpg

I actually like ep6 a lot, especially the second half as YQ faces his own feelings directly and opening up his heart.
Ep7 is even better because I got electrocuted by Jasper several times, YQ is so smooth and but helplessly cute at times, haha! 
I can't believe he had to write a "dating proposal" and go by the book to pursue a girl, as expected from a smart student, LOL!
YQ took a few episodes before he opened up his heart once again so I'll give AX a few more episodes to confront her own feelings.
I think she's scared of getting hurt again as her loved ones left her one by one and relationships are scary to her.

Anyways, the new preview look SO cute!!! YanZe is like toying with YQ to make him jealous, hahaha!

Ep7's rating is 2.25 btw, it's slightly lower than previous week 2.45 but it's still above 2 and still a good rating because it's still ranked no.1.

I agree. I liked the second half of episode 6 because You Qian faced his feelings head on which, like you said, should hit An Xi within the next few episodes. Now that we know why she's so scared of being in relationships, her actions are far more easier to understand. Episode 7 was great in which we saw how naive both of them are when it comes to relationships and love in general. I believe Yan Ze is making You Qian jealous on purpose and will have his own fun with that since he was forced to keep an eye on him. I'm just afraid they'll have Yan Ze actually start liking An Xi, I wanted him to like Ya En lol 

I wish this drama to air twice a week! I normally get bored at around ep 7 but the fun has just begun! :)

Guest millicom

I went through a lot of emotions watching episode 7.  There was a lot of amusing moments, some sad moments and felt a hint of angst on the Taipei scenes.

Most Funny scene for me would have to be the window scene  (YQ, AX and Mei Wen) :lol:  

The songs (whether instrumental or actual) were used quite well as inserts on the scenes to build up the atmosphere.

I really like the way Jasper would use his eyes to communicate his feelings (when he gave the earrings, when he asked if he can pursue AX and my favorite scene- the slide scene).  So intense!  

I also admire YQ's courage because despite being rejected in the past, he still put his heart out and declared his intentions to AX so I really felt sad for him when he got rejected again.  Don't give up YQ!   加油

On AX, her background and motivations are slowly being revealed by the episodes.  It kinda make sense that with her experiences, fear is holding her back from a love relationship.  I love her character.  She is so slow and dense!    It is a good for YQ that he has the supporting cast to make things clear to her.   I liked that she is very passionate and loving to the people around her but she is also scary when she gets angry. 

Quite enjoyed the episode and eagerly anticipating Sunday's episode

The full song of the opening theme is actually out on QQmusic (Chinese music software), it should be out soon on Itunes. GJ (the singer) will be releasing his full album on 20th August so we'll probably get the opening theme and the BGM track he sung for the drama by then.

Ep9 Preview 1 

Ep8 BTS

I'm actually enjoying recent episodes A LOT. Spoilers about ep8 below:

Some people might be annoyed with AX constantly avoiding YQ but I can understand her because of the guilt she felt towards unibrow and she's scared of being thrown away so she's wary to start a relationship. Even though they're like playing hide and seek in the past few episodes, I laughed a lot because they're so funny and cute together, especially that Kabedon!! I got electrocuted by Jasper a few times. YQ is just so charming once he decided to let go of the past and start afresh by pursuing AX and accepting his own feelings honestly.

The puzzle about AX's past is also pieced out in ep8 as we get to see why she was so angry that day when she rejecting unibrow. Mandy's acting at the scene where she confronts her dad is really really good, I'm affected by her acting in that scene. I can totally understand why she lashes out at her dad and unibrow, because her hopes are dashed in just a second even though she's been longing for her mom for 18 years, it's difficult for her to process and accept the reality at once so lashing out at others is her way of venting her frustration and also her own sadness. 

Yan Ze teasing YQ is HILARIOUS!! I can't get enough of jealous and petty YQ, he's sooooooooooooo adorable. YQ and AX are like elementary school kids at love as compared to Yan Ze and Yong Qing, hahaha!

I read a news just now, they said that the screenwriters have finished the script about YQ and AX's past right before they started filming, which explains why the logic of their past and now runs so smoothly. Aside from the choppy editing in Ep1, the plot flows pretty smoothly up until now. I can understand the behavior of these characters, even YQ when he was being hot-and-cold to AX at first because he was struggling with his own feelings. Rationally, he knows that he shouldn't act that way but he can't control himself because he just cares too much about AX. He's hurt by AX in the past and his pride doesn't let him easily admit that he's actually still in love with her, even now, even after how she hurt him in the past. 

Gotta say that I really like YQ as a character despite his frustrating moments because he's very 3-dimensional and realistic. The way that he decided to let go of the past and still pursue AX even though she hurt him deeply in the past shows how deep his love is towards AX and that's just so swoon-worthy.

I actually think "letting go of the past" is more phenomenal than "clearing out misunderstanding then he starts to pursue her again because he knows that their past was just a misunderstanding", because it means that no matter how AX acts towards him or how he's hurt by her, he still can't let go of her. This was an unexpected development and I really have to give some credits to the writers because it makes YQ look even more deeply in love with AX.

Rating for ep8 is 2.16, slightly lower but it's still a pretty high rating.

==================

Some cute cartoon drawing by a Taiwanese illustrator for the drama:

The kabedon scene at ep8 (I'm also blushing with AX at that scene, I was acting like a rabid fangirl, lol!)

11695780_1181731441852251_77485388613170

The cartoon version of the poster, so cute!

11694944_1175493069142755_23318781751543

Unibrow

11230925_1176091239082938_22480470723255

The cake AX ate in ep7

11745761_1177411942284201_31340331974044

Guest millicom

c_gunawan541I agree with your assessment of YQ's character.  I like him too because he is mature in deciding to let go of the past while still having the courage to pursue the girl who rejected him before.   I actually like his style better, being upfront and honest about his feelings, it suits him.

I didn't enjoy episode 8 as much as episode 7 because there were fewer scenes between YQ and AX and their relationship didn't progress as much as I'd hope.  My favorite scenes would have to be the "imagination" scene (how funny is that :lol:) and the scenes where AX keeps on sneaking glances at YQ while she was being photographed, it just shows how much she is affected by YQ.  I do hope in episode 9, AX will no longer deny to herself that she has "special feelings" towards YQ and that she will have the same courage as YQ in admitting her feelings.  

I think the reason why I enjoy this drama so much is because its a story of first love and its funny to watch how these two people who are relatively clueless on love deal with it.

Archived