[Taiwanese Drama 2015] When I See You Again 他看她的第2眼

c_gunawan541

I  saw first 10 minutes.. omo.. it didn't make sense at all with the way they brought back the past of the two main leads... uhh we'll have to see how the rest plays out. Taiwanese dramas are a bit hard on me end at some times to keep the pace going.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  saw first 10 minutes.. omo.. it didn't make sense at all with the way they brought back the past of the two main leads... uhh we'll have to see how the rest plays out. Taiwanese dramas are a bit hard on me end at some times to keep the pace going.

​Truthfully, editing in ep1 was choppy, extremely choppy but after watching ep2, I thought their format made sense (probably because we've more backstory by then). I'm guessing that they'll keep this format for upcoming episodes - episode start with a bit of high school flashback and then reveal their past bit by bit in upcoming episodes.

Guest sari-channnn

I haven't watched any Taiwanese drama for years now!! I read about this drama online before it was about to air, and decided to give it a try. So far I think it is going to be a good drama.... the storyline is interesting.
I'm also very proud of myself, because when I was watching the first episode, I was able to understand 95% of what was spoken in this drama ^ ^                                                                                                                                                             I am looking forward to watching more of this series, and it's also a great way for me to practice my Chinese listening skills!!

Mandy Wei had potential in a past drama for first 4-6 episodes but it went downhill.. following that she had another one that wasn't successful in my eyes, but I'm going to give this drama a chance to see if her acting improved! Her hair grows ridiculously fast though! Wig?

Edit: Also she looks gorgeous as always!

​It's hair extension, she's still sporting short hair behind those long extension.

​Howdy friend! long time no chat! 

The main lead was in a recent drama too.. I didn't follow it too much but yes he's juicy bahaa! 

Someone LIke You? How was it? I didn't find it too interesting after ep 4-5.. Message me if you get the chance and we'll talk about it! You can spoil it for me since I want to know if he got his eyesight back.

​I find Someone Like You pretty sweet after around 3-4 episodes (I was super duper annoyed by the heroine in the 1st 2 ep, I love RongRong but yeah...) but for some reason I'm just not super addicted to it as I was to In A Good Way. Probably because I always feel like the hero still love his dead fiancee the most and I always have problems with twins plot but the quality is really good for an SETTV drama but I heard the last few episodes kind of dragged. I'm still in the midst of marathoning though, still up till ep13 :P so I'll not put out my final verdict yet.

​we shall see as i have to have the desire to pick another Taiwan Drama up yet after going through SLY which i'm totally in love with....but well i say the male are kinda looking delicious though :D 

Jasper's Pleasantly Surprised/ Love Myself or You was pretty popular among  international audience and also in soompi. It's a pretty cute rom-com (for the first half), the later half dragged too much for me... Always have these kind of problem with SETTV dramas so it's a good thing to keeps expectations low. I'm actually more a fan of Jasper's real life personality + facebook pictures (shallow me, lol) than his dramas because he's so cute and warm in real life.

i didnt watch Jasper's Pleasantly Surprised since the Female lead wasnt popular for me despite it came highly recommended that ppl mention it to me that they sizzle the screen with their chemistry lols.....im pretty firm that i will not do either....

i might just pick this up though i usually prefer marathoning through my show lols as i hate cliff hanger and i usually will loses interest when im force through a cliff hanger.....as i hate the feeling of hanging on for something over the week too much lols

if we are set to talk about SLY i prefer we do it at the other thread lols :P 

My responses base on what I highlight above in order:

1. For that very reason, I too dropped Someone LIke You early in the first 5 episodes.. she wasn't as good as In a Good Way (this drama also dragged on later in e 12?). 

​2. Yes, I was a big fan of Pleasantly surprised and agree that it dragged on like most Taiwanese dramas. OTP had amazing onscreen chemistry though! :D I did 3. manage to finish it though! :)

3. Girl! they were sizzling hot, you should watch it!! Drooling over their chemistry. I also don't like to watch it weekly but if I marathon it, not too good for my health. bhahaha

My responses base on what I highlight above in order:

1. For that very reason, I too dropped Someone LIke You early in the first 5 episodes.. she wasn't as good as In a Good Way (this drama also dragged on later in e 12?). 

​2. Yes, I was a big fan of Pleasantly surprised and agree that it dragged on like most Taiwanese dramas. OTP had amazing onscreen chemistry though! :D I did 3. manage to finish it though! :)

1. ​RongRong was definitely much better in Someone Like You than In A Good Way, at least her crying scenes are much much much better, it's just the storyline doesn't really get to me, I keep on thinking the hero love his dead fiancee the most (also played by RongRong, lol) but Kingone Wang have sizzling chemistry with RongRong. 

Based on BTS I feel like they've stronger off-screen chemistry. than RongYi since RongRong's dad is close with Kingone in real life and they've told the media that they don't know about the future, they didn't entirely deny the possibility of future "development" even after SLY ended (whereas Lego keep on telling the media to focus on the drama and they're just acting countless times so I feel like their chemistry is more the "on-screen" than "off-screen" type). 

I watched till ep13, it didn't drag until then, but I heard it kind of drag in ep17 but it wasn't so bad as many people still love the drama. I prefer In A Good Way's storyline but RongRong definitely improved quite a lot in Someone Like You and it becomes more apparent as more episode goes by and Kingone Wang is just fabulous (was always a fan of his acting). You should really give it more chance, it gets better and better in my opinion even though I'm not entirely addicted to it (because of the storyline). Over the recent years, SETTV's sunday dramas have been pretty bad imo (*coughDEJAVU,FILWM,SAYIDcough*) and so far I think Someone Like You is much better than its previous 3 dramas, lol...

2. I delayed watching the last 6 episodes of Pleasantly Surprised until about months later after the drama ended but still managed to finish it anyways. I was getting impatient with the middle part, so much that it kind of kills my mood to watch. The last few episodes did managed to pull back some of its cuteness but it's a little bit too late and wasn't as enticing as the first half. Plus Jasper's character is less interesting than the second male lead in the 2nd half (and I blame the screenwriters). Even though I see less of Jasper smiling in WISYA, I actually find You Qian a much more interesting character than Ah Jie, he's more manly and mature, haha!

=============

I think we're talking too much about other dramas in this thread :P I'll wait for your opinion on WISYA's first 2 episode.

Guest Karina_S

Hi! I've become a fan of Jasper and Puff from Pleasantly Surprised and love the drama very much so I begin to interest in Taiwanese dramas. I don't know Mandy Wei before so at first I hesitated to watch this drama (Normally, I will check first who is lead actor and actress and if one of them is not the actor/actress that I like, I may not watch that drama). However, after I read synopsis, I think it's kinda interesting and my interesting increased after I know that the script witter of this drama is the same one as Pleasantly Surprised. I just finished watching Episode 1 of When I See You again today. You Qian's character is quite interesting and I don't expect that the script writer will give a clue to the audience  since this episode  that what is the weakness of his observation skill. The conflict between You Qian and An Xi is not bad too. However, I feel that An Xi's character is not as interesting as Du Kai Qi. Her character seems does not complex and does not has charm for me. I feel the same way with the staffs in An Xi's hostel. They are not interesting as much as Figaro Cuisine's crew (One of them have their own characteristic). However, I think overall of the 1st episode is not bad and I love the OST so I still keep watching this drama. I'm interested in Kai Qi's character since 1st episode (Even though I don't know Puff Guo before) but I fall in love with Ah Jie's character after 3 episodes so I will give a chance to An Xi and also An Xi's staff 3 episodes as well LOL By the way, even though they fail to make me fall in love with the characters, I may keep watching this drama if the story line is still interesting. See you guys again after I watched 2nd episode ;)

Latest Ep3 Video Preview​
https://goo.gl/wiDCCl (posted on drama's official facebook page)

===============================

Her character seems does not complex and does not has charm for me. I feel the same way with the staffs in An Xi's hostel. They are not interesting as much as Figaro Cuisine's crew (One of them have their own characteristic). However, I think overall of the 1st episode is not bad and I love the OST so I still keep watching this drama. I'm interested in Kai Qi's character since 1st episode (Even though I don't know Puff Guo before) but I fall in love with Ah Jie's character after 3 episodes so I will give a chance to An Xi and also An Xi's staff 3 episodes as well LOL By the way, even though they fail to make me fall in love with the characters, I may keep watching this drama if the story line is still interesting. See you guys again after I watched 2nd episode ;)

​Ep2 definitely picks up but I still think You Qian is definitely a more interesting character than An Xi as there's so many sides to him. He's confident at work, can be cold to opponents but also nice to his coworkers, his complex mentor-disciple(?) relationship with the CEO is probably a ticking time bomb as the CEO is wary of his skills and is probably scared of him, he's too good in work.

One thing for sure is that he's very rational and knows what he want to do in life since young (even though he didn't pay attention to fashion and style in high school), lol. As more and more of their high school backstory is revealed, I find myself getting more and more invested in their story. Ep1's editing was extremely choppy and I thought how they suddenly cut off their high school flashback scene in ep1 was strange, until I watched ep2, and then it all made sense. The director probably wants to reveal their past story bit by bit and showing a glimpse of their high school past in the beginning of each episode is probably the format he wants to show. 

You should probably give more time to the crew in An Xi's hostel as it also took a few episodes for the crews of Figaro Cuisine slowly reveal their personalities one by one. I think there's improvement in ep2 and that made me feel optimistic about the drama. Still, I don't think the dynamic of the staffs of An Xi's hostel will be similar to the crews of Figaro cuisine as they always work together with the OTP and they feel more like a "team" but the staffs of An Xi's hostel are separated from You-Qian and Ya Lu also have his own day job at other places, they've more interaction with An Xi alone, which is probably why they don't seem so tight-knitted like the Figaro Cuisine crew.

Was looking for a new T-drama to watch and I randomly found this one a couple of hours ago. Wasn't sure how it would turn out from that first episode, felt kind of messy in the first half, but it progressed especially by episode 2. I'm not familiar with Jasper Liu or Mandy Wei, but so far they have amazing chemistry & that's always a must for me when it comes to dramas. I am enjoying the hostel staff, I am especially interested in Ya En and whether they'll give her a side story with Yan Ze - kinda hoping so, but don't have major confidence in that. 

Overall, I'm enjoying the story and hope it has good pacing and character development. I hate it when plots start to drag too much, thinking of dropping one that's doing just that. 

​Yep, Ep2's pacing picks up a lot. I also wish that the writers will pair up Yan Ze and Ya En instead of the typical 2nd male lead falling in love with the heroine... They look so sweet together in ep2. The hostel staffs didn't have much to do in ep1 but their distinct personalities start to show in ep2. 

@LavelyShai The 2nd female lead haven't appeared yet and I'm not sure when will she appear. Probably in upcoming episodes. I thought it's pretty amusing to see Jasper collaborating again with Ivy Shao (the girl who play 2nd female lead) because they played as a high school couple in youth school drama, Confucius during their early debut days. Ivy Shao certainly have matured a lot, she used to look so babyfaced in the past (Jasper too.. with his broccoli curly hairstyle, haha). I think it have something to do with the styling in this drama.

ivyjasper.jpg 

%E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D1.jpg %E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D2.jpg

They're the ones on the left hand side, Ivy Shao hadn't straighten out her teeth yet at that time. I hope they'll have the chance to play as a pair again in the future.

4fdedd9fecf10.JPG

Hello :) I am new on soompi but I was just reading through the comments and I just had to join in. First of all I wanna say that the last tw drama that I watched was fall in love with me which I gave up halfway coz it dragged on too much in the second half >< I started on this one coz the story looked pretty interesting but looking at the comments it seems as though I shouldnt keep my hopes too high? Such a pity though coz the first 3 eps have been wonderful ._. 

For starters,  jasper liu is so cute :wub: i didnt really read up on the actors or anything when i started this drama (I purely started coz the story sounded interesting) so i wasnt really expecting anything but wow. He's so cute and he can act too :) I love the chemistry between you qian and an xi, esp in ep 2 and 3 .now I am contemplating whether to watch pleasantly surprised or not coz it stars puff guo and I dont really like her acting ><

I dont know how the story will develop later on but currently I am enjoying the story. I am curious to find out what happened between you qian and an xi that caused them to be seperated. So far what we have heard is mostly from you qian's point of view. So I am really curious to find out an xi's side of the story especially since she still seems to have feelings for you qian. As for the love triangle, I hope it would be an xi, the second female lead and you qian. Coz I think yan ze should go with ya en. If the main story does not work out, there will at least  be the cute side story of the sick princess and her prince charming for me to look forward to ._.

I am also looking forward to larger contributions by the hostel staff, esp by mei wen jie. Looking at the last few eps, I feel like she should/will be the matchmaker between you qian and an xi, smth like approaching you qian and clearing any misunderstanding he might have. Actually I think other than that the hostel staff dont really have a role in this drama other than being comic relief characters ><

In conclusion, I am really enjoying this drama and am trying to keep my expectations low (esp since I too have been burnt before by SETTV dramas), but it's so hard TT.TT right now what's keeping me tuned in is tbh the back story, I am really curious as to what happened, was it smth external or was it smth internal that separated them? I think it will be easier for them to get back together if it was smth external that separated them but then again it's hard to say since both of them have changed so much after the years. I am really excited to see how their unfortunate love story of the past will determine their decisons in the present ... hopefully it all turns out well and also hopefully it wont be a painful journey to watch. 

Ep3 Raw: http://www.maplestage.com/episode/111123/他看她的第2眼+第3集++when+i+see+you+again+ep+3/

Edit: Ep3 rating is out!!! 1.98 (up from 1.72 last week), almost broke 2!! YAY!!! The rate of their increase is faster than the previous drama of the same timeslot, Someone Like You.

Bonus: 1 funny fanmade picture of Mandy and Jasper. 蔥 (Cong) means welsh onion, it also have the similar pronunciation with 衝 (Chong) which means GO/RUSH! This picture says "Let's go (Welsh onion)! Go Go (Welsh Onion) Go!", they're celebrating the constant increment in their rating, hoping it'll continue to go up. It also ties in with the story in ep3, where they have to pluck welsh onions in farming attire, lol!

11200884_1042541819097331_24719678194207

============

Welcome @nixesty_stv to soompi and to the thread :) Puff definitely improved a lot in Pleasantly Surprised, she was borderline annoying in Just You (although I actually find her more funny than annoying in Just You) and her character was cold, while Jasper's character was warm, it's a nice change of dynamic (unlike the usual cold guy - plucky girl combination). I thought the beginning was cute but it started to drag around in ep14/15 onwards (can't remember the exact time frame) but I can assure you it's definitely a MUCH better drama than the makjang-infested Fall In Love With Me. I think you should just keep expectations low for ANY of SETTV dramas, haha! They're notorious for inconsistent quality in their scripts but fantastic in their marketing and branding strategies.

I'm still optimistic for this drama because I don't think this scriptwriter duo will go the extreme makjang route as they don't have that kind of past record. The reason why Pleasantly Surprised (their previous work) started to drag was because of the angst between the OTP, the story itself isn't makjang. One of the scriptwriter, Du Xin-Yi was the main writer for Defeated Queen and Fall in Love With Me, I think we could at least expect that her story won't go down the drain....

@LavelyShai: I don't think the second female lead will pose as a big threat to the OTP unless she takes the evil route.

-------------------

I lurve LOVE ep3, I had so much fun watching YQ acting jealous and murmuring to himself about why AX calls him Mr. Xia but calls Jiang Hai Kuo by his full name instead. Ep3 was a lot of fun and the high school flashback scenes are soooooo cute! I also realized one thing, AX and YQ are NOT from the same high school (I always though they were high school schoolmates but realized they never talk about that too), as YQ wears a school bag from Da Li high school and AX wears Hai Shan high school's school bag. I also don't think AX knows YQ's real name as she kept on calling him by his nickname, "unibrow" in the past. 

I had smiles all over my face while watching ep3, so much that my cheeks hurt. I'm totally in love with the tsundere aspect of YQ, he clearly cares for AX a lot but he always act so cold and distant when he's around her. He's so sweet to her despite his cold words. I actually find YQ's character much more interesting than Ah Jie of Pleasantly Surprised, he's also more manly and mature, whereas Ah Jie was more boyish? It's definitely one thing I like more about WISYA over Pleasantly Surprised because at times I feel that Ah Jie is so helpless when it comes to his brother but YQ have a stronger mentality as even though he had to endure bullying from his peers and he was poor in the past, he's always sure of himself.

The plot is predictable but I'm really enjoying it now. I'm glad to see bigger improvement as the story goes along and more of their past story is being revealed. Ep1 was definitely a "bad record" because the director stepped up his game and the editing flows much better in ep2 and ep3. Not sure how will ep3 fare in rating but I thought Ep3 was pretty enjoyable.

Ep4 NEW video preview: 

Ivy Shao (actress who plays the second lead) posted a picture of her with Jasper. They look so cute together!! She was reminiscing of how much they both have grown over the years. They played as a high school couple in youth school drama, Confucius about 3 years ago. Same pose, different feel.
11427762_860689190670056_791402532982852

So that house she's been cleaning was You Qian's? I had a feeling about it in episode 3. 

Yup, that house she've been cleaning in ep3 is You-Qian's old house. But judging from the preview, it seems that YQ will misunderstand her intention as when he said he would want to buy this house, she tries to scare him off by saying bad things about the house (to prevent him from buying)... Sigh... These two need a good talk to resolve all the misunderstandings. 

^ YQ's unibrow look actually is pretty different from how he looks now, it's understandable that she may not be able to associate YQ with unibrow because they also give very different vibes plus it's been over 10 years. Props to the makeup artists because YQ's unibrow and pimples makeup look very natural.

----------------------

Can't help to make screencap edits of ep3 as there's so many cute scenes.

Full post: http://smallline.tumblr.com/post/121782479388/when-i-see-you-again-2-ep3-screencaps-edit

tumblr_nq3xbvpcmK1qiy3sso3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq3xbvpcmK1qiy3sso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq3xbvpcmK1qiy3sso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq3xbvpcmK1qiy3sso4_1280.jpg

Edit: Also made a gif set from ep3.

Full post: http://smallline.tumblr.com/post/121799988988/when-i-see-you-again-2-ep3-jasper-liu-yi

https://38.media.tumblr.com/b46634f82bff613ef08c081f0e02b3e7/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso2_400.gif https://33.media.tumblr.com/e6ad44fd229cf853b499118d676983c2/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso1_400.gif

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e57be866411c848518d776612c985f12/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso4_400.gif https://38.media.tumblr.com/d01bdd3a349daf60a20004500e1295b3/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso3_400.gif
https://38.media.tumblr.com/c3fcd2c9aace8afa9787eb88930b44a1/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso5_400.gif https://31.media.tumblr.com/9e0e12a3e2ce7851a83106050566fe46/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso6_400.gif
https://38.media.tumblr.com/e1cb772e528507358f1a6116a37d792a/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso7_400.gif https://33.media.tumblr.com/077b45d33ce933967550f8b2110f5340/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso8_400.gif
https://38.media.tumblr.com/6d449666210e5bf5431f954ec61e4496/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso9_400.gif https://38.media.tumblr.com/fd0aaacdb37b43480edc41a5151d4118/tumblr_nq49dcqbNP1qiy3sso10_400.gif 

Guest Maestro987

Love this DRAMA hahahahahah' I just want to see when she will discover the truth...but I alse felt like he will told her that, he don't want to come back cause of her....I really like to see where this drama go.

Finally caught up with this drama after a pause from the shaky first episode and I think I'm gradually liking it more. I think Jasper is really catching on in his new role and there are definite eye-candy moments all the time :D I also really, really, really like the music for this drama! Everything matches the mood of the drama very well (except maybe the closing song :s). Still not super keen on Jiang Hai Kuo and his crew, but I think that's the general feelings I have towards the cheesey elements of Taiwanese comedy (I always felt that way about it in other dramas, so it's not specific to this drama). I really like the flashbacks too and that's interesting that the two characters are from different schools. I also think Mandy Wei is a good actress, though I do occasionally feel like An Xi can be a bit dramatic and over the top (Like when she tried to bite Yan Ze [Jet Chao's] arm without listening to him, it really annoyed me).....But I'm totally interested in the possibility of a Yan Ze and Ya En [Zooey Tseng] storyline! 

I guess this is one of those dramas I like, but don't love yet...you know how some dramas grab you, but others don't? It's actually done pretty well, but just doesn't speak to me personally as some others. It's kind of like how I really liked Pleasantly Surprised, but some people didn't. I think maybe certain things just appeal to your own life, or your own tastes sometimes. But I'm really happy Jasper is doing so well and I'll continue catching this show for his performance!

In reply to @Karina_S I agree with what you said :)

@thunderman1 Yep, I thought Puff and Jasper had hot on-screen chemistry too! Shame about the dragging...but at least it ended alright

@c_gunawan541 That unibrow does look natural. Talented make-up artists

@angelangie I agree, Mandy Wei didn't initially appeal to me (And I usually do like the girl before I look at the male lead for a drama. Although I already liked Jasper in this drama). And now that I've watched her act, I think she's a pretty good actress...but I haven't developed a love for her character yet. I like her younger high school self....but the older version: I swing from really liking her friendly actions + strong characteristics and feeling sorry for her, to feeling a bit put out by her exaggerated actions.

Anyway, look forward to talking to everyone more as the show progresses!

Archived