@homura the song that DS sang who wrote the music? is it folk music? i just listen to it again 

and we have exactly the same song with different words i just read again your introduction and you answered my question

sorry

Edited by nevill
  • Like 1

Guest caramelcake

I read the spoiler that there would be a twist in ep12, but I didn't expect such a thing to happen! Wow just WOW. I have no idea how I'll survive when the conflict is getting complex while there are only two episodes per week. The idea of this show has 12 amazing episodes scares me because I can't help but expect it to deliver more adventitious event/story in the future episodes. Probably, I'll be easily disappointed if the show tones down its intensity or when the character becomes less smart *unjinx!* lol

So, at the end, his son is the one who moved LSG to join with JDJ huh? Indeed, the father-son bond gives much impact to the whole thing. It can be the source of power/motivation or the core of weakness. LIG probably will use it to take down LSG in the future, so hopefully LSG squad will be much more powerful than now when it happens. 

@nevill @USAFarmgirl seems like our questions (and more questions) will be answered one by one within the progress of the plot in each episode :D 

Edited by caramelcake

JDJ does not know that DS is Dang Sae the young kid who was looking for his mother. Dang Sae did not introduce himself during the meeting at the cave. It was Bang Won who said that he knew DS not by his given name but by the name he is known for the Viper Warrior and the one BW witnessed killing Baek Yoon. When JDJ asked for more information DS went into a rant and walked out in a huff. The only one who knows that BY and DS are related is YH but I am not sure if she knows that they don't know about each others existence. I really am waiting for the reunion of brother and sister and if YH will be included in it although I don't think YH wants to around them. It will probably be painful and uncomfortable.

thanx for explaining i also wasnt sure - but didnt YH say in passing that she knew DS?

i guess im getting mixed up again 

not yet but I am sure that if JDJ keeps involving DS that she will make the mistake of saying DS name a big no  no for a spy to become emotional, just like she mentioned Boon Yi's name unintentionally because she got rattled

• Like 2

@zenya22 i wonder why would YH want to exclude BY does she knows who BY is? is it to protect her? after all they were very good friend and almost became a family and treated one another as sisters 

Well our Ninja is the best Hwadadan spy in CH's den and she is a double agent. She should know information including secrets and classified info as that is her job, espionage. Her loyalty is to JD, it seems for no, because she said or was thinking our loud, that if JDJ disappoints her and not do what she expected, she will kill him. Dangerous woman so yes I would say that she knows BY. She must have kept tabs on the younger girl over the years. I think she wants fo protect BY that is why she did not want to include her. She still sees her as the little sister whom she helped and protected. The first episodes when the young DS sent BY back to the village while he goes looking for the mother he told BY to go to YH if she needed help. So maybe YH still wants that responsibility and connection even if from afar.

• Like 2

Just finished ep 11 with sub. I felt it wasn't as intense as the past 10 episodes. This time, all the women get their own shinning momment except Gapboon (well it has something to do with screen time and overall story right? I'm okay with that. This drama has many things to tell anyway). I was quite surprised and satisfied when BY tells the reason she likes BW because he's a noble man who helps her, not like 'oh he's my 1st love bla bla bla' lol. For the first time, I'm glad this drama has more things to do with the political story rather than with the romance. Too bad MooHyul hasn't been introduced as the last dragon yet. 

I don't get sambong's plan this time (well, tbh, it's often difficult for this-slow-brain-of-mine to figure out his plans most of the time lol). Gonna ask some questions (since I can't remember all the stuffs in this drama) Why would he make BJ's letter to flip the situation against LSG? Did LSG use a letter with fake BW's handwriting to proceed his plan but JDJ just plain used BJ's handwriting ? Why the investigator didn't notice anything with it?

I wonder how far YH knows JDJ? How did they become so amazingly close with each other? All in all, this show still keeps some interesting parts under the shadow which keeps me wanting for more and makes me stay to see how the story unfolds..Hopefully, it will be executed well, without too much cliche and predictable tropes *fingercrossed*

this whole thing confuse me also

i know they planted an anonymous letter the implied a secret contract between HIB & BW and then a forged forged formal letter about GTM son position as if he was bribed 

but then JDJ decides to replace\plant a second threatening letter  from "magpie" about th killing he did and who will be next

but i dont see how JDJ did it they were searching the house when they found the letter and immediately took BW into custody and the soldier read the letter and JDJ saw them taking BW with the letter the threatening one

so i dont understand exactly how it was done 

The arrest of BW had nothing to do with the letter planted in the house. The arrest was because of an accusation of false deals between LSG and HIB and GTM to besmirch LSG's reputation. Anonymous letters saying there was a deal were sent to the Do Dang members. In today's world that would be an illegal arrest which was GTM's argument for once he made sense and he was proud of himself. GTM said that YIG was keeping an innocent BW imprisoned without proof and that is why YIG said he will investigate. The arrest of BW was because of false "rumors" there was no proof, no letter.

• Like 2

Guest my2centsworth

Love this drama ! Have to wonder if time has stood still when it comes to politics. You pat me on the back and I will pat you on the back. As my Grandmother would say,  "never trust a politician". It a wonder if any country ever can get established. Backstabbing....mistrust....concealment...suspicion .  We have all of this and more in this drama. Writers, Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yun and director Shin Kyung Soo , I give you a 10 star performance in your writings and directing..  Loved your drama Deep Rooted Tree. And not this one. Thank you.

It took awhile, but I think war is about to break out. Looking forward to each and every esp.

OMG.. Its his voice, right.. the way he sing it makes me crying a lot.. I think I've become his fan now.. so manly, and his voice so heart wrecking for the way sin

I don't know how to embed video here now.. #frustrated already try several times

• Like 3

Just finished ep 11 with sub. I felt it wasn't as intense as the past 10 episodes. This time, all the women get their own shinning momment except Gapboon (well it has something to do with screen time and overall story right? I'm okay with that. This drama has many things to tell anyway). I was quite surprised and satisfied when BY tells the reason she likes BW because he's a noble man who helps her, not like 'oh he's my 1st love bla bla bla' lol. For the first time, I'm glad this drama has more things to do with the political story rather than with the romance. Too bad MooHyul hasn't been introduced as the last dragon yet. 

I don't get sambong's plan this time (well, tbh, it's often difficult for this-slow-brain-of-mine to figure out his plans most of the time lol). Gonna ask some questions (since I can't remember all the stuffs in this drama) Why would he make BJ's letter to flip the situation against LSG? Did LSG use a letter with fake BW's handwriting to proceed his plan but JDJ just plain used BJ's handwriting ? Why the investigator didn't notice anything with it?

I wonder how far YH knows JDJ? How did they become so amazingly close with each other? All in all, this show still keeps some interesting parts under the shadow which keeps me wanting for more and makes me stay to see how the story unfolds..Hopefully, it will be executed well, without too much cliche and predictable tropes *fingercrossed*

i know they planted an anonymous letter the implied a secret contract between HIB & BW and then a forged forged formal letter about GTM son position as if he was bribed 

but then JDJ decides to replace\plant a second threatening letter  from "magpie" about th killing he did and who will be next

but i dont see how JDJ did it they were searching the house when they found the letter and immediately took BW into custody and the soldier read the letter and JDJ saw them taking BW with the letter the threatening one

The arrest of BW had nothing to do with the letter planted in the house. The arrest was because of an accusation of false deals between LSG and HIB and GTM to besmirch LSG's reputation. Anonymous letters saying there was a deal were sent to the Do Dang members. In today's world that would be an illegal arrest which was GTM's argument for once he made sense and he was proud of himself. GTM said that YIG was keeping an innocent BW imprisoned without proof and that is why YIG said he will investigate. The arrest of BW was because of false "rumors" there was no proof, no letter.

i see, so when did he give the threatening letter , that GTM suspected was from DS or "Magpie"?

• Like 1

Love this drama ! Have to wonder if time has stood still when it comes to politics. You pat me on the back and I will pat you on the back. As my Grandmother would say,  "never trust a politician". It a wonder if any country ever can get established. Backstabbing....mistrust....concealment...suspicion .  We have all of this and more in this drama. Writers, Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yun and director Shin Kyung Soo , I give you a 10 star performance in your writings and directing..  Loved your drama Deep Rooted Tree. And not this one. Thank you.

It took awhile, but I think war is about to break out. Looking forward to each and every esp.

i think even if a politician started with great ideals when they elected and start to govern it is different from what they thought 

suddenly they need to compromise bc of life is what it is so everyone even the most idealist and trustful will need to get off the ideal train from time to time 

but i do think that there are countries that have almost ideal country , not mine.

Edited by nevill
  • Like 1

Another two brilliant episodes this week! Initially I thought Ep 11 was draggier than was usual for SFD, but after watching Ep 12 I understood that Ep 11 was the set up for the things set in motion and finally we see come into play in Ep 12. It was really clever of the writers to keep us on the edge, not knowing who was getting the better of whom. It always seemed like LIG was able to outsmart the rest, especially having Nam Eun in his camp. But obviously Ep 12 revealed an entirely different story.

And LSG, wow LSG, The actor is so good. I've seen him in so many dramas, and he's brilliant. I remember him in My Daughter Seo Young, where his character was so different. A father, but a different kind of father. A father carrying a lot of guilt toward his daughter. Here in SFD, he's charismatic and authoritative. Despite not being very tall - only taller than LIG, he gives off that air of power and fearlessness. I particularly loved that confrontation scene between him and LIG, so highly charged. I think I held my breath when they talked.

And I love how the Lee family rallies around to save BW. His brothers are truly awesome - I love eldest brother BangWoo especially when he went to see his father bringing news of the ABC and BW's arrenst. It saddens me that history tells us this family will fight amongst themselves for the throne. But at least not the two brothers we get to know so far. Bang Woo dies not long after, and Bang Gwa will eventually hand over the throne to BangWon. Please correct me if I'm wrong @homura.

• Like 3

@zenya22,  Love your insight and comments they're helping me to understand the episode without it being sub yes I also believe this was a brilliant move on JDJ part switching what elder tried to falsify..  I do have to agree JDJ faithful person is scary but it seems she will throw BW under the bus a few times she don't know how scary BW is but I have to ask do she have something against JDJ (Sam Bong) because she said she will pay him back do you happen to know what she meant by this because the person she should be mad at and wanting to kill is HID he's the person responsible for what happen to her..  I'm just hoping BY brother don't follow her footstep thinking he's helping when he's causing more harm then good..  

I was looking at some of the comments that was posted on viki one of the question was why haven't JDJ mention BY to BS..  

JDJ does not know that DS is Dang Sae the young kid who was looking for his mother. Dang Sae did not introduce himself during the meeting at the cave. It was Bang Won who said that he knew DS not by his given name but by the name he is known for the Viper Warrior and the one BW witnessed killing Baek Yoon. When JDJ asked for more information DS went into a rant and walked out in a huff. The only one who knows that BY and DS are related is YH but I am not sure if she knows that they don't know about each others existence. I really am waiting for the reunion of brother and sister and if YH will be included in it although I don't think YH wants to around them. It will probably be painful and uncomfortable.

YH being around them with only remind her of her own misfortune and probably fear they would tell of what happen to he even though I don't see any of them doing it I'm thinking DS might fall into the wrong click being mad at JDJ he knows she's a spy I'm just wondering will he stay out of it but I guess not because GTM will be on him..

This drama is so awesome I loved how LBS went to elder and called him on his crap and demanded that he release LBW by morning Elder thought he could control LBS but he see that wasn't going to happen and proceed to threaten his life but LBS told you'll die before I will LOL only thing that old man could think of was to lock him up and torture him  into begging for his life or his family lives the old man wit is so outdated until it's not funny  he don't realize he's playing a whole different ballgame and dragging LBS into they court mix is just the thing they don't need.. LBS showed Elder don't ever think I'll be a puppet that dance on your strings 

Really maestro, really Sambong, really, really????   Just when I think I got it, I get reminded that I do not....Really maestro, really  Sambong???

but geeezzzzzzz Sambong, maestro did you have to go that far? We know the boy is stubborn and even when he gets scolded severely, he will feel bad for 2 minutes and be back in his usual unpredictability.

But to make him be a man with strong convictions and strong mind, did you have to leave him in prison to get tortured by your dumb head investigator and then tell him that his father died? To find out how smart and strong a man he will become to be accepted in your fan club really really ...... LOL poor BW. He must admire Sambong teacher so much to not have punched him after he was taken out of prison, but then Sambong was the strongman he admired at fhe Jangpyung gate and sang the Muyiya song. Also while in prison when he was told his father died he stated the reasons why he knows that his father did not. Those reasons were qualities he had admired about his father and why he thought his father was the strongest man and was so proud of his father. He realized then how wrong he was to think that his father was weak. Very valuable lesson but he had to go through hell to learn it.

I love these writers. How they make the drama twist and turn that way and this way.  

@zenya22,  You got like that as I did I thought it was a very valuable lesson BW learned from his war that he started at age 12.. But with JDJ becoming his teacher and with his wit BW will become ruthless and I see why look at all the abuse he would go through no wonder why he feels he deserves to be King..

I thoght they arrested BW because of LBS signature on that  agreement Elder thought he was holding LBS as is own personal and private army but because of the merger he know longer was in control..

• Like 1

I thoght they arrested BW because of LBS signature on that  agreement Elder thought he was holding LBS as is own personal and private army but because of the merger he know longer was in control..

that was probably the real reason - the fake anonymous letter was the excuse 

• Like 1

Guys, I can't wait to see ep 13. If you notice in the teaser, you can see that the writers kinda draw a parallel on our BangHee couple about how they find out about each other's identity. I mean they both accidentally spotted a "dangerous character" (I mean, c'mon, YH only spotted DS because she followed Sam Bong everywhere), and then came the shock, the way they silently followed the other, the way they look at the other from far away with infinite pain and the questions in their head that sound like they already knew the answer, that it's themselves who pushed the other down the dark road they're on. It's literally the same, ugh, my poor babies.

And what makes it hurt more is that how hard they tried to give the other the life they deserve. Back to the day they reunited/broke up again, c'mon, you really think that YH asked him to pretend not knowing each other because she couldn't forgive him? I think not. When they met that day, she knew him as a storyteller, sure, that kind of life maybe not wealthy but it seems simple and peaceful, and he saw that she seemed to have a better life. But them, they know what they have become, cold-blooded killer, ruthless devious spy (I mean, of course they're still good in the roots but on the outside they are badass killer and spy, which I love very much). So they wanted to stay out of each other's way and not interfere in the life the other's having, they didn't want the other to get involve with their dark side. That's why she made that offer, that's why he agreed with it.

And after all those efforts, after all the pains they have to take to protect each other's innocence, only to find out what the other has become, man, writer-nim you are so cruel. YH still desparately tried to keep DS out of the politic war to keep him from going darker. And I have a strong feeling that DS agrees to serve Sam Bong later is gonna have a lot to do with YH working for him after he knows. My children, watching them hurts so much but I can't get enough of them. Is there any chance that Sam Bong and YH's marriage which is gonna happen someday is just some kind of politic tricks so that my babies can still be together T.T 

12108885_528604993984075_711424516180544

• Like 5

BW and BY in the prison visit: the confession and the promise. When BY was leaving she turned around to look at BY looking at her through the prison bars and told him not to  lose faith, be strong and said to smile. BW said you smile first and she did. I thought at first that was a strange thing to say to someone imprisoned and then I realized that the “smile” stands for hope or faith just like whistling when you are afraid. BY then said she liked BW because she knows BW won’t die and won’t leave her. Wow, a confession of her feelings and her complete faith in BW. At this BW smiled and said “you like me” then said that he will not die, that he will definitely get out and told BY to wait. So full of hope and beauty, witnessing 2 young people falling in love, fulfilling their dreams together, growing through their love together. The question here is who will leave whom? Who will break the promise given?

For now they are the opposite of DS and YH. If the older lovers represent pain and despair, BY and BW represent hope, potentialities and confidence. So does the indomitable MH with his bright smile and undaunted confidence his humble gratitude.

LSG became the indeterminate or the unforeseeable factor even for the master tactician and at the expense of his nemesis YIG. The best scenes for me was the confrontation of LSG and YIG. YIG overestimated his authority and abilities. He thought that what happened long ago when he shamed LSG with a performance with a play showing LSG as the dog who bit its owner. This time YIG went too far. LSG said that the only way he could protect his people was through his honor but then YIG dared to touch the people LSG was determined to protect, his son, his family. LSG said he was a father who lost his cub. He ordered YIG to release BW. YIG tried to negotiate the release of BW for the withdrawal of the ABC Plan. He threatens LSG with swordsmen saying that LSG will leave YIG’s room dead anyway and LSG said that YIG will be dead first before anyone of the swordsman can make a move. Who is the chicken now huh, YIG

YH went running to the cave to inform JDJ that YSG came to Gaegyong alone and entered the Dohwha mansion alone accompanied only by General Ji Ran. JDJ gets panicked thinking that he misread LSG, that LSG did what he feared the exchange of BW for the withdrawal of the ABC Plan. HY informs him that the General did not go to his house and JDJ then orders LJS to find the general but then to JDJ’s surprise JSK brought the general to see him. LSSG then tells him that he will enter the Do Dang and for JDJ to be his prime mover and planner. Power, intelligence, integrity and honor working together to bigin the founding of a dynasty.

I am liking that MH brought grannie and the brood to the Lee estate. Who will train MH willit be General JI Ran or Big brother Bang Woo or both?

And JDJ also is a romantic matchmaker eh? In next week’s ep, he tells BW that BY is the little girl of his boyhood. We see BW toughing BY’s cheeks and saying “why did you not tell me?',

BS finds out thst his beloved is a spy.

Can’t wait for Monday.

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 4

Guest chajoowon

BW and BY in the prison visit: the confession and the promise. When BY was leaving she turned around to look at BY looking at her through the prison bars and told him not to  lose faith, be strong and said to smile. BW said you smile first and she did. I thought at first that was a strange thing to say to someone imprisoned and then I realized that the “smile” stands for hope or faith just like whistling when you are afraid. BY then said she liked BW because she knows BW won’t die and won’t leave her. Wow, a confession of her feelings and her complete faith in BW. At this BW smiled and said “you like me” then said that he will not die, that he will definitely get out and told BY to wait. So full of hope and beauty, witnessing 2 young people falling in love, fulfilling their dreams together, growing through their love together. The question here is who will leave whom? Who will break the promise given?

For now they are the opposite of DS and YH. If the older lovers represent pain and despair, BY and BW represent hope, potentialities and confidence. So does the indomitable MH with his bright smile and undaunted confidence his humble gratitude.

I like how down to earth, natural the romance between Bang Won and Boon Yi there is no tragedy, there is no first love flashbacks.  Its just two people who liked something in the other person, their better sides. He admired her first and she was moved by how good, different he was as a different kind of noble to poor people like her.  I was surprised how brave, upfront BY was confessing to BW.  There is no need for epic love story in this time of the drama.  They are a good contrast to the tragic love story of DS, YH.  

Also i doubt Bang Won would ever leave Boon Yi he is too fond of her, the way he sees her.  I would geuss something would happen with Boon Yi to make him lose her.  I doubt marrying the future queen girl we have seen pic of as political high nobility marriage would be problem for him and Boon Yi in his eyes.   I doubt if even LSG would dare to say to him lose the servant girl as your lover.....