Guest chajoowon

Been a fan of political historical dramas and movies since god knows when. came across this forum because i wanted to know about the political background this series was based on. Enjoyed reading all the earlier posts especially that of homura's..really grateful..
Now mind you all, this isnt just a romance series and if you looking for one then go watch one with all the romance and spare us all the headache. Enough with who is going to end up with who and the over analyzing of characters...lets watch and see them grow instead of spoiling and drawing unnecessary conclusions about the characters. How nice will it be to discuss and share opinions on what we watch or read. What i find amusing is the fact that some of you here are criticizing characters that haven't yet been introduced into the drama.  How can you draw a conclusion that one is power hungry just because they want to be queen. The queen (actual person) who as at now hasnt even been introduced was known to be depressed later in her marriage to the king due to the killing of her brothers. I like and sometimes dislike the character bong yi and find her different. lets please watch this character and the rest develope beautifully. Enough with making this character look like all she is needed for is romance. I bet the writers have more they want us the viewers to know about their characters. Enjoy the show.

For me my fav two characters in drama are Bang Won and Boon Yi because they are the two dragons that whose story i like most so far.  Their romance is down to earth, natural but only small part of their story.  I care much more about them staying on the same side in the upcoming revolution, power struggles.  Their romance i mention only because i want them to have some good times before all their struggles,wars, planning.  Im actually very glad they didnt focus on them being epic love story.  I admire their brains, strenght of character much more.   Boon Yi is needed for the story for much more than the romance.   I hope to see her as the strong woman she is right now in the future being involved in deciding the future. She is right now much more important as BW ally, right hand than his lover.

As Boon Yi fan i dislike people downgrading her to simply romance part of the story that i agree with you fully!

The future Queen character, the Lady Min he will marry soon who hasnt been shown yet i mentioned her because historically she was a real woman who was important to helping Bang Won to power through her family, allies. It can seem power hungry to help the man who killed your brothers.  Thats just real history and i didnt say anything about the drama version.   Some fans have read character info about her role in the drama but i havent and i dont care.  I look forward to seeing the dramas version of her. Marrying Bang Won the son of LSG is for political, power, future gain for her and her family thats clear in what we know of the dramas world.  Lee Syeong Gi is the Julius Ceasar of his times.

Edited by chajoowon

@paston15 as much as i like the history part i like the the romance part

and i think that the writers integrate romance and humor through MH & GTM to make it lighter and more digestible

even in programs in the history channel youll also get some subjective and a human point to make the story more relateable

and also about the character of Lady Min exactly as they did with LBW they wanted us to get a different view from what we know and for us to know we need to speculate

the writers want us to speculate and come with an formed opinion - that why it is a real character that we know - so they can surprise us or show us our misconception about her

they wouldnt have promoted the character or made her a prominent one if they didnt want us to rely on past knowledge  

its the writer wish we do that 

• Like 2

@paston15 as much as i like the history part i like the the romance part

and i think that the writers integrate romance and humor through MH & GTM to make it lighter and more digestible

even in programs in the history channel youll also get some subjective and a human point to make the story more relateable

and also about the character of Lady Min exactly as they did with LBW they wanted us to get a different view from what we know and for us to know we need to speculate

the writers want us to speculate and come with an formed opinion - that why it is a real character that we know - so they can surprise us or show us our misconception about her

they wouldnt have promoted the character or made her a prominent one if they didnt want us to rely on past knowledge  

its the writer wish we do that 

I do think that we need to reference to the historical background because the writers are not trying to re invent history but tell a great story but sticking to history even if this is a "faction" drama.

• Like 2

@chasen8888 loved you arc comment and the minute i read my mind formed the drama into arcs. 

@unnidian i LOL when i saw your post since the words themselves were also confused - funny

@oyeleyeolusina i really want to see SSK in royal garments in this drama but i think you meant the pic from the Health commercial - is tis the pic you saw?

CPzoUCNU8AEBNK4.jpg

• Like 3

@zenya22 @chajoowon although suggestive i think BW & BY reunion leads to them to being lovers - this is what is shown in the preview, IMO

i think BW being almost tortured  to death made them realize that time is "borrowed" and ppl who are revolutionaries  have limited time so they wont waste it with pride and bashfulness 

after this experience they are not certain of their future, well BY was never certain, so they will make the most of the present

Six Flying Dragons - 육룡이 나르샤 - Preview Episode 13 [ENG SUB]

to me this imply that they will become real lovers from now on

• Like 4

I have been reminded by @ homura about the timeline, this is the year when YSG submitted the ABC plan and JDJ form their alliance. So there is still 5 years to the time that YSG will take the throne. So BY and BW will have time to become lovers. The way I see it the queen to be will come in when BW will become a prince. Remember that the family of the queen to be belongs to an exclusive Goryeo nobility. So at this time they will not be interested in making an alliance by marriage to the 5th troublemaking son of a General YSG, hero he maybe but still struggling to get into power. So yes this time is for BY and BW.

@zenya22 @chajoowon although suggestive i think BW & BY reunion leads to them to being lovers - this is what is shown in the preview, IMO

i think BW being almost tortured  to death made them realize that time is "borrowed" and ppl who are revolutionaries  have limited time so they wont waste it with pride and bashfulness 

after this experience they are not certain of their future, well BY was never certain, so they will make the most of the present

Six Flying Dragons - 육룡이 나르샤 - Preview Episode 13 [ENG SUB]

to me this imply that they will become real lovers from now on

Yes, they are going to be lovers.

The Queen to be for BW is power and to BW, BY is being human.

• Like 3

@zenya22 i wonder in history when BW became a prominent figure since the writers change the history timeline from time to time to move the story in the direction they want 

after all this whole BW tricking his father into becoming a politician never really happened and probably in history at this time BW is not mentioned aside from being LSG fifth son 

so what were seeing is the future turned into present fro the dramas sake 

• Like 1

Six Flying Dragons: Episode 12

by HeadsNo2 (drama beans)
sixdragons12-00561.jpg
Oh, how I love to love this show. I would write it a sonnet if I knew how to write sonnets, or a song, or maybe even some slam poetry. Fortunately I know how to write none of those things, but it’s the thought that counts when it comes to truly great episodes of television like this. But unfortunately for Bang-won, his pain is our gain as viewers. Go on, Jung Do-jeon, teach him more hard-earned lessons about life. We can take it.
to read more:
  • Like 4

Guest chajoowon

@zenya22 i wonder in history when BW became a prominent figure since the writers change the history timeline from time to time to move the story in the direction they want 

after all this whole BW tricking his father into becoming a politician never really happened and probably in history at this time BW is not mentioned aside from being LSG fifth son 

so what were seeing is the future turned into present fro the dramas sake 

I have read upon the little info there is online on when, what BW did to help his father win the war, finish it.  He kills an important figure in this drama to help end the war, battle for his father creating the new dynasty.   

BW tricking his father for becoming politician is fictional, him becoming a prisoner is but the rest of the timeline is correct as real history.  When LSG won against the Jurchens, the years left before the war begins. Everything is on the right track.  When the war ends BW is 24-25 unlike 16 now in ep 12 so he can play an important adult role.  He had to as the 5th son to become third king. He had to become prominent figure in the war otherwise he could not get the support to fight off his older brothers for the throne.

Edited by chajoowon

BW tricking his father for becoming politician is fictional, him becoming a prisoner is but the rest of the timeline is correct as real history.  When LSG won against the Jurchens, the years left before the war begins. Everything is on the right track.  When the war ends BW is 24-25 unlike 16 now in ep 12 so he can play an important adult role.  He had to as the 5th son to become third king. He had to become prominent figure in the war otherwise he could not get the support to fight off his older brothers for the throne.

maybe it was answered bf but which brothers he will be fighting?

since he is the fifth there are 2 others that are not introduced from a different mother, will it be them or the brothers he has such a great relationship now?

• Like 4