and was YH really JDJ wife?

Frankly speaking, I don't think that Yeon-Hee is Jung Do-Jeon's wife.

• Historically, Jung Do-Jeon had only one wife. Her family name was Choi. Lady Choi gave birth to 3 sons.
  • Jung Do-Jeon was so stoic that he didn't have any concubine at all.
  • Six Flying Dragons (2015) showed that Jung Do-Jeon already had a son in ep. 1 or 2. At that time, Yeon-Hee was a teenage girl in love with Tang-Sae.
  • As I said before, in Tree with Deep Roots (2011), Jo Mal-Saeng called Yeon-Hee just  "Jung Do-Jeon's woman", not his wife, which can be interpreted ambiguously.
  • I guess the triangular relationship between Jung Do-Jeon, Yeon-Hee, Yi Bang-Ji in SFD is similar to the realationship between King Sejong, So-Yi, Kang Chae-Yoon in TWDR. Like King Sejong and So-Yi, they may be feeling platonic love or camaraderie.
Edited by homura
  • Like 7

Guest chajoowon
BW tricking his father for becoming politician is fictional, him becoming a prisoner is but the rest of the timeline is correct as real history.  When LSG won against the Jurchens, the years left before the war begins. Everything is on the right track.  When the war ends BW is 24-25 unlike 16 now in ep 12 so he can play an important adult role.  He had to as the 5th son to become third king. He had to become prominent figure in the war otherwise he could not get the support to fight off his older brothers for the throne.

maybe it was answered bf but which brothers he will be fighting?

since he is the fifth there are 2 others that are not introduced from a different mother, will it be them or the brothers he has such a great relationship now?

POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!

A quick search on wiki mentions two different strifes of Princes, it seems atleast 4 brothers will lose power, die because of BW and a 5th will wisely give up the throne as the second Joseon king to Bang Won.  

Seems like only the oldest Bang Woo who dies before than infighting of the princes got away from the power struggles.   The sons of the second wife, queen like the 8th son, other brothers of that queen is main enemy.  There are other brothers that wanted the throne too when it didnt belong to them so its not like Bang Won is the only brutal brother who is hungry to become the third king.

Not to excuse BW historical known ambition, fight for the throne but i can see why you would become angry when the 8th son becomes the crown prince before him the older son when Bang Gwa is aldready the second king.  Specially when you assassinated people for your father in the war.

Edited by chajoowon

Guest chajoowon

@homura thank you for the time line! As a history buff, I love love love timelines! 

The timeline is especially wonderful since it ties into it two other dramas that I love which is Faith and Tree With Deep Roots. Although Faith is fantasy fiction, but I loved the scenes of King Gongmin denouncing his allegiance to the Mongols, and the appointment of Choi Young to General. And the irony of a 16 year old LSG coming down with appendicitis and being saved by Yoo Eun Soo, a doctor from the future. And future wife to General Choi Young. Hehehe! I know it's just fantasy, but love it anyway. 

And looking at the timeline and comparing it to SFD, obviously the writers have taken some liberties as to the sequence for dramatic effect. For example based on the timeline. YBW marries Lady Min before the ABC gets tabled. And before LSG comes to Gaegyong and enters politics. So actually YBW married Lady Min when he was just 15, and she 17! 

Also based on the timeline, the brother that rebelled against YBW (from the same mother), was called Yi Bang Gan. YBW defeated him but didn't kill him, and sent him into exile. He only killed his brothers who were from a different mother. Has Yi Bang Gan featured in the drama? For now I only remember Yi Bang Woo and Yi Bang Gwa (King Jeongjong). 

That is interesting part of Korean dynasty, royal history in both Goryeo,Joseon that i have read.  You fight to death for the throne against other brothers of not the same mother. You dont kill your full brother, exile, abdication is enough.  

Reading about the strifes of Princes it seems it was as much power struggles between the families of the first wife/queen and second wife/queen of Taejo.   JDJ choose the 8th son from the other queen family and lost the battle with them.  Having the same father is not being the same family when your mothers have their noble family, factions.

@homura thank you for the time line! As a history buff, I love love love timelines! 

Also based on the timeline, the brother that rebelled against YBW (from the same mother), was called Yi Bang Gan. YBW defeated him but didn't kill him, and sent him into exile. He only killed his brothers who were from a different mother. Has Yi Bang Gan featured in the drama? For now I only remember Yi Bang Woo and Yi Bang Gwa (King Jeongjong). 

If I'm not mistaken, Lee Bang Gan was featured as one of the children sitting with Lee Bang Won on episode 1 when/after their father interrogated the spy.

• Like 4

If I'm not mistaken, Lee Bang Gan was featured as one of the children sitting with Lee Bang Won on episode 1 when/after their father interrogated the spy.

Thank you for the heads up.... going to rerun episode 1 and have a look!!

• Like 4

Thank you for the heads up.... going to rerun episode 1 and have a look!!

Found in YAI International FB these Lee little boys but I'm not sure who is who except for LBW. One of them is Lee Bang Gan :)

12243442_965539620170363_105617604788029

• Like 6

@lisafransisca... thank you for the hugging posts, I hope BY does not just stand there and will hug him back or else I am going to whack her. He has been tortured and he asked her to wait as he promised he will come get out alive. 'Boon Yi better hug him back. And why is she expressionless and not happy to see him? Ok, got to wait until I see the whole scene before getting mad at BY. LOL. Just saying

• Like 3

육룡이 나르샤 13회

방원이 풀려났다는 소식을 접해들은 분이는 기쁜 마음으로 방원에게 향하고 시료를 받을 수 있게 도와준다. 어린 시절 그 아이가 분이라는 사실을 알게 된 방원은 분이에게 자신의 마음을 표한다. 한편 이인겸은 실각을 하고 이성계는 홍인방과의 연합을 깬다. 땅새는 길태미에게 쫓기던 중 연희가 화사단의 흑첩이라는 사실을 알게 되는데...

Six Flying Dragons Episode 13 text preview

After hearing the news of Bang-Won's release, Boon-Yi happily goes to him and helps him receive treatment. Bang-Won expresses his feeling for Boon-Yi, knowing that she is the girl he met in his childhood. Meanwhile, Yi In-Gyem is overthrown, and Yi Seong-Gye breaks the alliance with Hong In-Bang. While being run after by Gil Tae-Mi, Tang-Sae finds out Yeon-Hee is a spy of Hwasadan.

• Like 8

Guest chajoowon

@Nevil

I hope she is crying about something else like being happy about his feelings her or just surprised BW is getting married, fiancee from out of nowhere from her POV.  

I refuse to believe Boon Yi tought a young lord like him wouldnt have to marry a girl like Lady Min in the near future.  She is a realist after all.  

@Nevil

I hope she is crying about something else like being happy about his feelings her or just surprised BW is getting married, fiancee from out of nowhere from her POV.  

I refuse to believe Boon Yi tought a young lord like him wouldnt have to marry a girl like Lady Min in the near future.  She is a realist after all.  

i dont think she expected to marry him, i think its more of the, we  just realize how we feel and want some time for ourself bf returning to reality, its a wistful tears i think

• Like 3