@zenya22 @rainmoon i hope we will see at some point his swordsmanship i like that he is able to get out of trouble with words alone but i think it would be a nice scene seeing him fight  

Hello Dragons, Happy 100 pages just a few of us and we've moving this thread, Well since it's only a few of us here enjoying this drama I like to thank all of you that watch and chat with me about it.. 

I just happen to watch raw but still need subs for this episode but understood Elder had men to snatch LBW up or was it HID I don't get torturing him would make LBS do what they want.. I like to think this is going to turn him into they political enemy   

Don't worry.. I am a silent follower. Really enjoying this drama. However too many dialogues and as non Korean speaker need really to watch with subs to follow the politicking thts going on.

• Like 3

@zenya22 @rainmoon i hope we will see at some point his swordsmanship i like that he is able to get out of trouble with words alone but i think it would be a nice scene seeing him fight  

Hello Dragons, Happy 100 pages just a few of us and we've moving this thread, Well since it's only a few of us here enjoying this drama I like to thank all of you that watch and chat with me about it.. 

I just happen to watch raw but still need subs for this episode but understood Elder had men to snatch LBW up or was it HID I don't get torturing him would make LBS do what they want.. I like to think this is going to turn him into they political enemy   

Don't worry.. I am a silent follower. Really enjoying this drama. However too many dialogues and as non Korean speaker need really to watch with subs to follow the politicking thts going on.

hi @Katrina Abdul Talib although i watch without i always discover that i understood it differently than hat it means after watching with subs or reading explanations here

but even now after watching with sub it was 74% translated only so i still dont understand a lot of it 

• Like 1

welcome aboard i see you posted great pic of JYM and KMM going on a "date" so cute

im looking for JYMin ninja costume do you know where i can find them or can you post them if you have them? thanx

U mean pictures of her in the ninja costume? Like this? 12191612_527841034060471_500969547259699

• Like 3

@homura there were never ruling queens, right?

the kings always succeeded in producing sons?

what would have happened were the king only had daughters?

Only Silla dynasty had three ruling queens. Goryeo didn't.

But there was Empress Cheonchu (964~1029) who virtually ruled Goryeo. Her grandfather, her husband, her elder brother, her son were kings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Heonae

It is somewhat complicated relationship to explain. One thing for sure is, among the royal families of Silla and early Goryeo dynasty, incestuous marriage was not a taboo at all. Royal blood married within the royal families. It was mid-Goryeo period that the incestuous marriage was forbidden.

Empress Cheonchu (Queen dowager Heonae) was the granddaughter of Wang Guhn, the founder of Goryeo dynasty.
She got married to King Gyeongjong, the 5th ruler of Goryeo dynasty. He was her cousin. (In addition, King Gyeongjong's parents were brother and sister. His mother was her aunt. )
After her husband's early death, her elder brother became King Seongjong, the 6th ruler of Goryeo dynasty.
After her brother's death, her son King Mokjong became the 7th ruler. She became the queen dowager and shielded power instead of her son. Later on, King Mokjong was dethroned by her despite being her son. She was a really powerful queen.

KBS1 broadcasted her life story in 2009.

@homura/,  yea wasn't it her uncle or cousin she married. also you can see what happen to the last kings of Goryeo in the drama the seer.. It was pitiful how that last king died before the son took over.. All the last three Kings of Goryeo were puppets just to sit on the throne and couldn't do nothing fearing when the moment comes they would be killed.. During that time Shaman played a big role in those historical times I'm wondering will this drama also show apart of they influences in the court..

These last two episode were very intense but I cab't fully understand without subs but Elder has got himself in a pickle he always thought he could make LBS submissive to him but now they have put him right were they didn't want him and trying to kill the LBW.. 

Edited by valsava
  • Like 2

@homura/,  yea wasn't it her uncle or cousin she married. also you can see what happen to the last kings of Goryeo in the drama the seer.. It was pitiful how that last king died before the son took over.. All the last three Kings of Goryeo were puppets just to sit on the throne and couldn't do nothing fearing when the moment comes they would be killed.. During that time Shaman played a big role in those historical times I'm wondering will this drama also show apart of they influences in the court..

These last two episode were very intense but I cab't fully understand without subs but Elder has got himself in a pickle he always thought he could make LBS submissive to him but now they have put him right were they didn't want him and trying to kill the LBW.. 

@valsava im sure there were no shaman in TWDR exept for the court ladies impersonating one as a ruse to implement the new letters - so actually it felt as if the writers dont believe ar would rather not have shamans 

but i think in QSD they did play a part - or maybe im confusing sajeuk dramas its been a while 

so id say its 50-50 

which ELDER? and who is LBS? 

@nevill BangJi and YeonHee's love story is so heart breaking ... hearing the OST :tears:

i was wondering if she want to separate DS and JDJ bc she still loves DS bc i think she feels more admiration and worships JDJ than really love 

also she was saying she will follow whatever JDJ decides even though she thinks differently and to me it doesnt feel that they are equal like lovers are supposed to be

of course we ave to see it through the eyes of 14th century Goryeo and JDJ & YH have their very cute moment 

but still i feel she is suppressing her feelings for DS 

Edited by nevill
  • Like 2

@yoominion Hi and welcome :)

JDJ and YeonHee do look cute together, but my heart still breaks for BangJi ... 

I feel you girl, when I see DoHee (you know, Do Jeon X Yeon Hee), I was like :" Oh, cute. Maybe I can go with this" . But then, bam, I saw BangHee (Bang Ji x Yeon Hee) in the teaser and they just like, rip my heart out of my chest and I have to relive the pain of their reunion/breakup scene all over again :'( 

tumblr_nxb9bfauq41sfaag4o3_r1_500.gif

• Like 4

@nevill BangJi and YeonHee's love story is so heart breaking ... hearing the OST :tears:

i was wondering if she want to separate DS and JDJ bc she still loves DS bc i think she feels more admiration and worships JDJ than really love 

also she was saying she will follow whatever JDJ decides even though she thinks differently and to me it doesnt feel that they are equal like lovers are supposed to be

of course we ave to see it through the eyes of 14th century Goryeo and JDJ & YH have their very cute moment 

but still i feel she is suppressing her feelings for DS 

From what I can see YH wants to seperate DS & DJ because she doesn't want him to get involve in all this madness and she knows how hard and dangerous this can be. She doesn't want him to be a killer, she just wants him to have a nice normal life. About YH & DJ, sure they have great interactions, but it's like teacher-&-student kind of interactions, not like sparkling romance. Ugh it hurts when we already know that YH & DS can't end up together. 

• Like 3

Although I know this will sound crazy my heart truly goes out to YH I can't explain it well in words but it's remembering the young girl we saw that she was. Kind,giving,tender & loving.  Even at such a young age she understands & loves DS with her whole heart.  She proves it by the loving things she does for him in their everyday life.  In just a brief moment her world goes up in flames. She is taken from heaven & placed in hell it would have been horrible to have been raped in itself but to have been raped while the one person you love most in the world is watching.  What was she thinking? Being that she was young would she have been thinking if they had traded places that she would rather have died trying to save him than to watch him being hurt like that.  I wonder if in that moment, she lost a part of her humanity. If the pain of DS doing nothing crushed her human spirit. Broke her heart to the point where she lost being able to feel compassion for others when there was none to be found for her.  I think what happened to her physically was not nearly as horrible as what happened to her spiritually.  She left her real self back in that field.  Don't get me wrong I feel for DS also because the truth is he would have been killed nothing would have been gained.  But when your a little girl all you know & want & feel must have been please someone save me.   I think she was smart enough to know in her mind that he did the best he could but in her heart she couldn't understand it.  She continues to make me believe that she still loves & cares for DS not in her words but in her actions that she tries to control but can't.   Even watching DS sing you knew she was feeling something too.  Forgive my poor knowledge of Korean history but I hope she finds her way back to herself during this drama.  I know they are not the lead couple but their story is just as moving.

Despite Ddang Sae’s suicide attempt, Master Jang Sam Bon rescues him ...

@USAFarmgirl loved you comment and i agree rapeis probably the most violating crime there is and the belief in humans is destroyed 

i actually think that since then she is on a mission to save that girl that she was by turning to a new country of fairness and just as JDJ ideals are 

and to her the greater good is more important then the few who will be sacrifice for it

it is a known notion

and i dont think she wanted to abandon BW bc of her "cold heart " but bc of her trauma she fears every little thing canbreak the plan and the vision which she shares will be gone 

for her anything can change for the worst in a mere second from wedding to the boy she liked to rape by a noble gofer  

• Like 4

@katrina-abdul-talib,  I sometimes have to go back and rewatch the last four episodes together to fully understand which way the story is moving..  The wording is so heavy in this drama compared to the regular dramas it's hard to tell what THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.  Guessing could lead you to the wrong thinking with this drama..

Episode !! I will call this episode the Temptation of Jung Do Jeon and Boon Yi’s Plea

JDJ is angry with BW and BY for their collaboration in the forging the seal in the ABC Book and convincing HIB to move the members of the Do Dang to approve the ABC. He gave BW his first unforgettable lesson that humbled and inspired the young BW. However, BW and BY replied to throw back the accusation of “thinking like a bug and becoming a bug” at JDJ’s face indirectly through the events that were instigated by that forged seal. If the last episode was a kick to prudence for BW, this episode is a wakeup call to fairness and justness for JDJ.

JDJ called BW the loose cannon but he never, ever thought that the woman, his faithful and special spy, whom he trusted unquestioningly was the loose cannon who dangled the apple and planted a bug in his scholarly head. Who would think that the beautiful ninja grew up to be a cold and ruthless woman that she has no compunction to sacrifice an innocent life for the sake of her cause? She must have deeply seated anger that she now embraced the bug of vengeance. What she said to YJS when he told her that was not the path the movement was supposed to take was chilling. “Were there innocents who lived and are there guilty who died?” The death of LBW by torture will bury the question of illegal deals accusation of LSG with HIB and GTM and will bring LSG to JDJ’s side firmly and JDJ’s reformation will begin.  She is she scary. But the idea of abandoning BW and making him the sacrifice and the reason to bring LSG to his side was a great temptation for JDJ. It was an easy solution. YH said just for want moment he can look away and pretend he did not see or know. And like the great spiritual leaders and all of humanity who faced trying dilemmas, JDJ went to reflect in the soothing beauty and calmness of nature. He went to the mountain spring to wash his face and acknowledged he caught the bug of temptation, he went to the rock to reflect more and we see his inner struggle.  Ironically it was HIB who resisted the temptation of easy solution suggested by GTM “kill BTW”. He had faith in the vaunted integrity of the scholar Jung Do Jeon.

However, YH still cared deeply for the desperado warrior singing mournful songs of the now empty village where he once ate wild gooseberries (picked and given to him by his young love). After JDJ and YH went to see the moving performance she silently pleaded for JDJ not to being DS to the movement. Ironically If DS will know that the pretty dream girl of his boyhood turned into a coldhearted woman it will really crush his already broken heart. I cried during that scene. She was willing to sacrifice the death of an innocent to save the man she loved from further agony. When YH went back to the cave and YJS was waiting to tell them that he brought BY to talk to JDJ, YH excitedly protested that she not be include in the fight and that is when JDJ realized that she was the one whom BY called Unnie YH.

When BY went to plead for JDJ to help BW, she first got a scolding but she stopped JDJ’s rant to a realization that he was wrong about the young BW he called the loose cannon. She told him that BW was different from the other nobles. Bw was the first person of nobility who helped her when when they were young and looking for their mother, he was the one person who helped her in the village, and of all the people that she knew BW was the person who truly and sincerely believed in the purpose of JDJ’s work. He was the young man who waited patiently for a long time. It was then that JDJ realized that everyone regardless of who they were followed him had hope and dreams and faith in a better future. He realized that he was right in giving BW a scolding but he was wrong in excluding him from the “cave’. That was when he made his decision to challenge YIG and changed the forged letter of false accusations to a letter of warning.

BRAVO BY, BRAVO!!

@zenya22,  Love your insight and comments they're helping me to understand the episode without it being sub yes I also believe this was a brilliant move on JDJ part switching what elder tried to falsify..  I do have to agree JDJ faithful person is scary but it seems she will throw BW under the bus a few times she don't know how scary BW is but I have to ask do she have something against JDJ (Sam Bong) because she said she will pay him back do you happen to know what she meant by this because the person she should be mad at and wanting to kill is HID he's the person responsible for what happen to her..  I'm just hoping BY brother don't follow her footstep thinking he's helping when he's causing more harm then good..  

I was looking at some of the comments that was posted on viki one of the question was why haven't JDJ mention BY to BS..  

• Like 3