[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Some articles from around the net/knetz comments about ytd's episode.

Kkuljaem:

Spoiler

a1.jpg

Mydaily - Nate: 'Reply 1988', Ra Miran and Lee Dong Hwi eliminated from 'National Singing Contest'... Choi Sung Won passes 

1. [+835, -14] Jung Bong's mom from Ssangmun-dong, Cheetah Ra Miran-ssiㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ I had tears from laughing so hard !!!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+811, -14] No Eul's good at singing~ I didn't know much about him so I looked him up and found that he's a musical actor.. I bet he'll look awesome if he had better styling ㅋㅋㅋㅋLee Dong Hwi and Ra Miran were so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+641, -16] Soo Yeon will get into the Faculty of Theater and Film in university while No Eul will get into Music. If Bora's a lawyer, there's a good chance she will meet Seo In Guk and Jung Eunji. Either Sunwoo or Junghwan is a med student and this is when the Reply 1994 cast comes in

j21.jpg

Mydaily - Nate: Park Bo Gum is understanding of Choi Moo Sung and Kim Sun Young's 
remarriage "Dad, be happy with life"

1. [+1,554, -27] He speaks beautifully. "Dad, I hope you have a warm night even without me". If I drink the water at Ssangmun-dong, do I become as beautiful and nice as these people?? ㅠ

2. [+1,351, -20]  "Dad, I hope you have a warm night even without me". Taek's so good at acting. In fact, no one is bad at acting in the drama

3. [+1,039, -17] Ah. He's so kind

4. [+95, -6] R88 is a family drama not a romcom like R97 and R94. So let's stop nagging the writer about Deoksun and Junghwan. She knows what she's doing. Let's trust what she's doing

Daum
1. [+1,663, -50] Breaks my heart seeing Taek cry ㅠㅠ

2. [+1,648, -339] Sorry Junghwan but would you please yield for Taek? I don't want to see him cry anymore

3. [+1,229, -29] Taek breaks my heart when he cries but I feel bad for Junghwan too... What's gonna happen to these two? And how do I wait 2 weeks without Reply?

4. [+548, -13] Our Taek took in so many sleeping pills to get rid of his sorrows. My heart breaks for him... Although the pace is pissing me off at this point, the downturn in their friendship is understandable

5. [+439, -27] I thought Taek was going to confess. This episode was so slow and the latter parts caught me off guard. Is there really no progress with Taek and Deoksun?!!!

Netizenbuzz:

Spoiler

1451149563683_99_20151227080004.jpg

201512262131773817_567e8a00415d5_99_2015

Article: 'Reply' love line refuses to budge... a long two weeks await

Source: X Sports News via Naver

1. [+4,360, -47] These two wasted three weeks trying to hold back their feelings without even knowing how Duksun feels ㅋㅋ

2. [+3,019, -79] At this rate, Duksun and Junghwan are the supporting roles

3. [+2,268, -39] How many weeks have been seeing the preview of the confession...

4. [+1,662, -40] Scriptwriter-nim, please speed things along...

5. [+1,419, -45] I don't care whether it's Taek or Junghwan anymore, just hurry and move things along!!!!!!!!!

6. [+498, -6] It'd be hilarious if everyone steps back and Dongryong ends up being the husband ㅋ

7. [+474, -9] I bet Junghwan doesn't even have any lines on his script, just a bunch of things in parentheses like (stare at her sadly)

8. [+358, -13] This is turning into the search of Sunwoo mom's husband....

9. [+323, -3] Not sure where the emotions are going with this ㅠ we don't even know where Duksun's headed ㅠㅠㅠ

-

Article: 'Reply' Park Bogum finds out Ryu Jun Yeol's feelings for Hyeri 'and takes a step back'

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+14,087, -507] Ha... we're in for another plot frustration. What are we supposed to do if both are stepping back for the other? At least one of them needs to step it up and confess his feelings to Duksun. The plot is moving so slowly...

2. [+8,694, -266] Ah ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ Taek-ah

3. [+6,508, -97] No preview today either, ugh...

4. [+5,269, -143] Anyone, someone, please just confess ㅠㅠㅠㅠ please

5. [+2,599, -143] How about she just dates nobody ㅋㅋㅋㅋ just keep that friendship forever ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+2,426, -133] How many episodes have we been stagnant.... Junghwan-ah, why don't you have any lines... why do you only stare at her...

7. [+2,090, -44] At this rate, Duksun should just marry her first love from junior high. I don't want to see either men getting hurt or their friendships getting ruined.

8. [+2,187, -81] I feel bad for Duksun. She's stuck in the middle without knowing anything. This is such a hopeless way of stagnating the plot.

-

Source: Nate

1. [+1,224, -29] Between love and friendship... how cruel. Don't cry, Taek-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠ The scriptwriter made Taek cry

2. [+935, -25] My heart broke when Taek started crying ㅜㅜ

3. [+1,006, -104] Dragged out so hard today... felt that the script was rushed and what do you know, next week's episode is being skipped. I hope the drama comes back in two weeks with a better plot direction.

-

Article: 'Reply' Can you ask how Hyeri feels?

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+5,481, -117] And please make Junghwan open his mouth... he's been mute for 4 weeks. ㅋ

2. [+3,480, -48] It's true.. it seems like how Duksun feels doesn't matter anymore because the two men are busy trying to spare the other... Either confess your feelings or make Duksun choose between you two.

3. [+1,533, -28] Does anyone care about how Duksun feels anymore

4. [+409, -11] Taek-ah, if you two keep holding back, she's going to marry Doryong

5. [+409, -15] The producers are failing hard at balancing screentime

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 13infamyss said:

But watching the episodes over and over again (just focusing on the main love line) made me realize that each episode had its own growth - it was a just different approach compared to the other dramas we were so used to. Very slow, subtle, little things thrown here and there, but certainly noticeable growth (if taken the time to read them between lines) which then will lead us to the final arc.

Yep, I agree, very well said :)

@ainipang Yes, it is a guy she grew up with. Older DS in 2015 mentions it in the first episode where she appears. Episode 1 or 2, I am not sure anymore. So it has to be one of the four guys.

@Ryuhan I also wondered and I agree with @MrsSoJiSub. I think it was just to illustrate he is stuck. It also represented how he felt at that time: if before he could focus on his studies to forget DS, he now arrives at a point where he cannot even do that anymore...

6 minutes ago, ainipang said:

i have question..
Does it comfirm that the husband is one of the guy? is it possible for a random guy from the future be DS husband?

Jokingly: this is a family drama, not a romance so sure it's possible that any loveline exists only in our heads and the husband is someone else. Irony part I

Seriously: it's confirmed she is married to someone she knew for a long time. Look at the poster carefully, cross out those who are unlikely (or noone lol) and all the rest are options, Irony part II

Guest ajengau

Imagining how RJY cries whenever he starts reading the script and how he casually calls Kim Sung Kyun "hyung" and calls Ra Mi Ran "noona" makes me giggle to myself.

Guest ngocdpb
4 hours ago, monsterlife said:

What I would like to see in next episodes:

- I hope they would flesh out DS maturity as good as they did to Bora's character. DS is a kind girl and I really want her to find herself (what she wants, what she loves...).

- DS prioritising her ambition. And DS realising that she is not unlove. Isn't it obvious that everyone around her easily warms up to her?  

- I love TK but I hate how he drowns himself with sleeping pills to ignore the hurt and the pain. Can he just talk it out with someone? Even if it's a stranger in a plane? Or how he used sleeping pills and headache medicines like it is food in order for him to function well and win his matches. 

As someone who is also the only child, I really understand TK's circumstances. Many people use pills to overcome hurts and pains. My high school mates and I used to use a lot of sedatives and painkillers. Even in university, I still couldn't help myself taking sleeping pills sometimes though I totally know it's not good for health in long term. There were so many problems that I couldn't tell anyone. Having no sibling usually makes me feel so lonely. And telling my parents about my teenager issues was impossible.

Being the only child, living without a mother, having no same age cousin around, hardly talking to his father, all of those may make lonely TK counts his childhood friends as his family. However, being family doesn't mean he'll tell everything to them. As far as I know, he, with a high-pressure living, never complains about anything to anyone, even a single word. He'd rather  suffer it alone and make no one worrying. It's the way that many kids choose for showing that they are mature, that they are able to handle their problems alone.

Speaking IMHO, I also think that he canceled the Sat date because of JH's photo. They're like brothers, right? Or at least, TK thinks that. Seeing JH as (older?) brother then confirming JH's crush make him unable to move on. He thinks that his backing off will make JH step up? Poor child!! He puts other's happiness beyond his own, gnaws sadness when thinking "as long as they're happy, I'm fine with my sorrow."

Well, if I were him, I would do the same thing. Sighhh...

How will the writer cope with TK's situation??? Aww, what will she do with 4 eps left? I'm fine if there'd be 1 or 2 extended eps.  ANW, I believe in the writer. She'll be wise and end the show cleverly, right?

I found Someone in twitter post this article they said RJY and Hyeri have making film a kiss scene today at Gimpo airport but they not tells where the source from ? if this article is real then JH are the DS husband but i don't trust at now anyone who knows korean please translate this article for me please Thanks.

CXN8mH_UwAAZAQv.png:large

10 hours ago, theprincessw said:

Considering adult DS saying her husband dated many women before they got married. There must be a time hop maybe from the time when they graduate to started working? Since neither Taek nor JH has dated anyone at this point.

fast forward to the future, both JH and TK dated many women. mbeeeee.......*goat sound*

7 minutes ago, phadungpon said:

I found Someone in twitter post this article they said RJY and Hyeri have making film a kiss scene today at Gimpo airport but they not tells where the source from ? if this article is real then JH are the DS husband but i don't trust at now anyone who knows korean please translate this article for me please Thanks.

I'm screaming hope it's not a hoax.

13 minutes ago, phadungpon said:

It says that someone wrote that they saw them filming a kiss scene at gimpo airport and post it at the 1988 board. Replies are "my friend was there and saw it", "i heard about it too", "thank you, producing team" etc.

Woohooo! But why the airport tho? Is DS really a flight attendant?

[+4,360, -47] These two wasted three weeks trying to hold back their feelings without even knowing how Duksun feels ㅋㅋ

Yes, knetizens say it out. 

Do these two boys really care for how DS feel? They seemed to care about how each other feel more :))

Actually, they need to care for how 5 of them feel when everybody knows about the triangle love.

And for me, I just want to know who is Kim Joo Hyuk and how DS married him :)))

12 minutes ago, lelee said:

It says that someone wrote that they saw them filming a kiss scene at gimpo airport and post it at the 1988 board. Replies are "my friend was there and saw it", "i heard about it too", "thank you, producing team" etc.

Woohooo! But why the airport tho? Is DS really a flight attendant?

@lelee Thanks Chingu

Maybe i can ask you know where this article source from if you know please send a link to me please i want to check it for sure

22 minutes ago, phadungpon said:

@lelee Thanks Chingu

Maybe i can ask you know where this article source from if you know please send a link to me please i want to check it for sure

Well I looked around in DC; people say that the article got deleted already...and netizens are all too suspicious to believe that they filmed a kiss scene in daylight like that since in 1997 they filmed the kisses in early morning when nobody was around to see.  Also since it's an airport there would be pics 100%. Hm.... I think I'll only believe it I see some pics. Rumors aren't to be believed anyway........But they'll obviously have a kiss scene anyway so... i dunno. Let's just wait for the next episode. ㅠㅠ

If anyone notice, few scenes in the bus. Person who sits will take the standing passenger's bag. Well, u cannot do it nowadays. N i'm not lying when i said.... Aaaaaa y two weeks more!!!

Luckily, i'll comeback to my family next week. So, i have something to do rather than dying for next episode. Taek, i wish u to be happy, even without deok sun as ur wife. There are so much to do in life. While u away, how about taking a vacation like normal person do? Strolling by riverside , watching scenery, sightseeing. It's much better than taking the pill. Somesaid, People with bright personality have a positive energy. :(:(:(

6 hours ago, Howlongwillthisfandomlast said:

My Mum feels that T did not confess to DS partly because he is not confident in winning. In the bus scene DR and DS talked about how T is someone who always wanted to win but seeing that photo in Junghwan's wallet make him no longer confident that he can win the girl. 

This is also why I think that TK pulls out not only becasue he confirmed JH's feelings for DS but he also did the same for DS's feelings for JH. 

2 hours ago, khrnafthmh said:

1. [+1,554, -27] He speaks beautifully. "Dad, I hope you have a warm night even without me". If I drink the water at Ssangmun-dong, do I become as beautiful and nice as these people?? ㅠ

No please dont if you are a guy because you will not be able to confess to the girl you like. TT_TT 

If you are a girl then go ahead the ssangmundong ahjummas cheer you on!

Thanks @lelee 

Finally i found where this thread from ? It's from someone in Reply 1988 board He post this article on board and said his friend at Gimpo airport today and his friend tell him the crew of 1988 has making film a kiss scene today 

Wowww!!! i don't want to trust him but in my mind hope it's real LOLL

image-FD14_567FEE62.jpg

Source : http://program.interest.me/tvn/reply1988/9/Board/View?page=5&b_seq=18001 

Archived