[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

I'll be 100% real here. Taek's stepping back would have had more impact on me IF we had not been seeing Junghwan do the same and been suffering from making such a choice for the past 6 episodes. So yeah I understand why Taek did it and I guess I feel for you boo, but we been there done that I'm over that kind of thing. I applaud PBG acting cause that one tear, just one tear was great but the feels did not come (see what you have made me become writers) I felt more when I watched Bora and appa Sung scene. What really scared me when it came to Taek was when I saw him passed out on his bed. I hate the PD and writer for this. With the focus on the meds spread out and just the way he was sprawled at...for 3.5 seconds I though he had accidentally overdosed on his sleeping meds are started freaking out that he was dead or dying. It's the day after Christmas at 2pm. Lots of family down stairs and I was screaming "oh my god he can't be dead he can't be dead he's not dead.." My whole family rushed up and wanted to know who was dead . I just pointed to my ipad and they were like "Stop watching those damn dramas!?!" LOL. All those hospital scenes and mentions of his medicine finally got to me. 

Why was my Jungbong folding some many paper cranes. Had he read the book 'Sadko and the Thousand Paper Cranes'? :tears::tears: I know of the Japanese myth so what his wish? 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Why was my Jungbong folding some many paper cranes. Had he read the book 'Sadko and the Thousand Paper Cranes'? :tears::tears: I know of the Japanese myth so what his wish? 

He wants to prepare a birthday present for MiOk since DS says she has everything and he should give something that requires more heart. He wants to fold 1000 cranes because if you get 1000 cranes, it will become a real crane and then it will grant you your wish. He wants to let his gf's wish come true.

I obviously have all the time in the world, to be posting yet again on the same day. lol.

anyhoo.. been reading some comments that DS should at least know how our two kiddos feel about her and be given a chance to choose who she likes. But there lies the conflict... no one gets the happy ending if she knew that this 2 boys are liking her at the same time. She would have a hard time for sure, and that will ruin the friendship even more.. if she liked JH for real, I don't think she'll be a couple with him if she knew that Taek liked her too.. DS is not a book-smart but she's a street -smart... she will go a long way socially becoz she adapts well to whatever is given in her plate. Even her teacher recognized her for that. She is after all the middle child who gets handed down almost everything, and is left out to give way to her younger brother most of the time. There is a reason that she was characterized as that middle child I suppose. Patience has been one of her good traits and it will be of use while waiting for those two good young boys coming to terms with their feelings for her.

I was fine of her liking SW when her girlfriends told her he must have liked her -based on how nice and how he pays attention to her. But got the heartbreak she didn't even deserve with that assumption. She was not at fault believing her friends, becoz SW was really nice to her to a degree and with a purpose -becoz he treated her like his younger sister -becoz of BR.

Falling "in-like" so easily with someone you thought liked you is not surprising... SW was the first one whom she taught liked her.. so learning that he didn't feel that way -falling "out-of-like" so easily was understandably so. But DS liking JH when her girlfriends says its for real this time.. was a different feel. Because, my guess is that she already liked him first. Not the real-like yet but the crush-like. Remember Bora reading her diary, and telling on her that she likes a boy -and that was still the 2nd epi. Its just my opinion though that she was already crushing on JH early on.. becoz of all those 4 boys, he's always the one bickering with her, which means that she has been wanting to attract that attention from him. Not purposely but there's something there at least. my theory is that... SW was too perfect.. and Taek then was just too child-like and too-nice.. DR is just a different story all together. So there's JH left -the prickly smarty one. lol. And c'mon.. who hadn't had a crush with the smart ones who are naughty and nice in high school.. I know I did... .

from one of the earlier epi.. while Taek was drinking milk and the group going to school.. DS openly told Taek to drink his milk so he can grow up fast and marry her. Its almost like a tease but not really... I wouldn't even dare say that as a joke to someone who I have a crush on -if u know what I mean. So it was obvious for me that she didn't have that kind of interest in Taek early on. As much as I love Taek, and for him to be the possible hubby, I am not convinced yet based on the previous scenes that the show has given me. Sure, Taek says he likes her as a woman.. but DS is the only girl he's been close with. And the care she has given him, for me... is almost like that of a mom (pls. don't kill me Taek-shippers..hehe) Even the way he responds to her early on, its almost like agreeing to everything a mom would tell him to do you know. Eat on time, sleep right, don't take too much meds... and so on. Asking her one time, if its ok to lose was something that's sweet but its almost like asking your mom if its ok to fail a test or something... BUT there has been a lot of change in him after that "beach date" though.. he was more aware of her presence and he's becoming more giddy around her...  I just can't get over some certain things with them two. He's already confessed to the guys that he liked her, but the moment he was alone with her (that scene when he accidentally hit her nose and she fell asleep in his house) he just went on playing baduk. And has fallen asleep during their first movie date too. Taek's appa saying he liked DS is also sweet.. but I think he meant it not in a romantic kind of like though. I agree that he needs her, and that he's happy when he's around her.. and he thinks he could die without her.. but I haven't seen him do something sweet that she's not really aware of. All of his romantic scenes and plans -the group are very well aware of.. so I can't feel the real "more-than-a-friend-love" from just those scenes. DS might like Taek in return no doubt.. and I think she was expecting something else from that call Taek made after the game.. maybe a confession perhaps.. but I've seen her reaction when the guys teased her of taking responsibility for Taek and I don't think she even took it seriously.

And that is why I am biased to JH over Taeks' -because the show has given me more of JH-DS tension-filled scenes. with the two having that attraction that's different and more obvious for me as a viewer. On their first concert date... DS telling JH -"you can't live without me" (coz he won't have anyone to complain with) but for me is like a telling truth.. JH looks like he really can't and so is just fine that he can be by her side as a friend. His feelings have become stronger I suppose.. he considered her as one of the guys.. so when he finally realized that he's attracted to her as a woman.. he couldn't understand himself falling for her more each day... and so couldn't even admit to any of the guys how he feels becoz they would react the same way as they did when Taek confessed to them. And of all the kids that's most unlikely to fall for DS -it is him. No one would even believe him if he tried. DS would maybe, but the others would tease him to death. that's for sure.

geeshhh.. i didn't even realized that I overdid it again. lol. And of course, am still torn and just blabbing here.. mianhe..

and thanks for reading. 

6 hours ago, natkat said:

Hey can anyone tell me the name of the song is that is playing during the last scene of episode 15 with SW-BR?

It is the 1989 song by Hong Sung Min called "기억날 그 날이 와도" ("Though the Day I Can Recall to Mind Comes"). I found the lyrics translated verson here. I checked the English translation and it's accurate. As you can see, it's a sad song~~ 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gc32lcAXIQc

It looks like now is back to square one where both boys have equal chance. I like both JH and TK. It is fine either of them is the husband of DS but I just hope the story will go smoothly to jusitify the ending and it wont be like 94 giving us so many misleading scenes. Same as 94,  the writer did not tell us exactly who main actress loves.  There is no scenes on main actress expressing her thinking.  The writer can fool us this way till ep 20 and give us some flashback to conclude the husband. It looks like JH is the husband given the prevoius scenes with DS. But TK could be the husband too. For Answer me series, husband is the ones who confessed in the year of the serie like 1997 and 1994. In AM1988, TK confessed on the first snow day in 1988. Dont know tradition will follow this time.

8 minutes ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

It is the 1989 song by Hong Sung Min called "기억날 그 날이 와도" ("Though the Day I Can Recall to Mind Comes"). I found the lyrics translated verson here. I checked the English translation and it's accurate. As you can see, it's a sad song~~ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc32lcAXIQc

Thanks!!! Love this song!

9 minutes ago, Ryuhan said:

I wonder what was the significance of showing that math problem that JH couldn't solved? the camera did panned on it a few times.

I have the same question. He wrote something there and then crossed it.

18 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

@vmlli

Have no fear. I think that JH did confess first after the Gangnam McD 'date'. Although he did it in a roundabout way.

He did it in 1989?

24 minutes ago, Ryuhan said:

I wonder what was the significance of showing that math problem that JH couldn't solved? the camera did panned on it a few times.

I thought it was to symbolize the current predicament he's in with the whole "triangle" mess. Like no matter how hard he thinks on it or works at it, he can't solve it and even when he has what he thinks is the right answer and knows what to do; it's still wrong and a mess. DR helping him can be seen as Taek who through following the bro-code too in a way is giving him a solution or some kind of help that can lead to a solution? That's how I interpreted it. 

Guest nchoerunnisa

I just finished catching up on your all posts about episode 16. It's such a mess here. LOL.

Should I book a flight to South Korea and bribe the writerniim? Do you guys think this much money will be enough? :D

2015-12-27_10_50_35_zpsteuch5ge.gif

Tbh, I've prepared myself to be disappointed by this show, especially in triangle love line department. Yes, I'm so worried seeing how slow things are going. However It won't make me regret watching this show, because It has given me so many things in return that I hardly get from the other shows. I'll treasure every heartwarming and hilarious family and friendship stories in R1988. I'll continue watching this show without expecting much. I hope that will help me get through this. No?

EDITED:
Oh richard simmons! I just read GF's recap and it seems like JH suspects that TK opened his wallet. Will JH gather his courage to talk to TK about it?

Haisssh... no expectation... no expectation... no expectation... no expectation

What I would like to see in next episodes:

- I hope they would flesh out DS maturity as good as they did to Bora's character. DS is a kind girl and I really want her to find herself (what she wants, what she loves...).

- DS prioritising her ambition. And DS realising that she is not unlove. Isn't it obvious that everyone around her easily warms up to her?  

- I love TK but I hate how he drowns himself with sleeping pills to ignore the hurt and the pain. Can he just talk it out with someone? Even if it's a stranger in a plane? Or how he used sleeping pills and headache medicines like it is food in order for him to function well and win his matches. 

My Mum feels that T did not confess to DS partly because he is not confident in winning. In the bus scene DR and DS talked about how T is someone who always wanted to win but seeing that photo in Junghwan's wallet make him no longer confident that he can win the girl. 

I have a feeling DS first love is TK. It's just a feeling anyway. I mean, you have to watch the person for a long time that you have his habits and his likes and dislikes memorized. They are all friends but I doubt DS knows about SW, DR, & JH the same way she knows TK. And then that first love becomes familiarity and that familiarity bro-zoned TK. So yes, I wonder when DS finally get to know herself more & build up her self-esteem, who will she choose between TK and JH? 

7 hours ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

Personally, I was surprised that this was a debate in the first place because I had just assumed that she did not open it and see the photo.

If she did and saw the photo, it didn't seem possible to me that DS would be able to act so nonchalantly in front of JH, even if she was still mad at him after the shirt incident. Keeping that photo in the wallet would be HUGE evidence, even for DS to see, that JH still likes her. Whether or not she likes him back, is it possible for her to ignore this matter when the evidence is so crystal clear? 

But then again, I guess they can do a flashback scene in Episode 17 and show that DS was not so nonchalant about it after all. But until then, my guess is no, she didn't see. 

You took the words out of my mouth! I didn't even assume she took a look at it because nothing like that was shown. I only thought about it when all you guys mentioned it lol! But I think I'm in the 65% of DS didn't see it. Or there's gonna be a flashback, which is possible of course (it's Shin PD we're talking about) but.. I don't think so.

[241115] Ryu Joonyeol + Ryu Hyeyoung’s Old @star1 Interviews

Ryu Joonyeol  X

We’ve seen you a lot in movies. It’s your first time as a lead in a drama for ‘Answer Me 1988′ though. What are the charms of a drama?
“It’s not over yet, but the fact that we film while it’s airing? For movies, it shows after it’s all made, so I think that’s the biggest difference. I get really curious about the viewer’s reactions, so it’s fun that I can film while knowing in real time.”

How’s working with Shin Wonho PD?
“It’s so~oooo great. I only have good things to say about him. (Isn’t that too flattering?) No. I usually have good luck with people and have worked with a lot of warm directors, but Shin Wonho PD is the best of them all. Honestly, when it comes to projects, isn’t the majority of the talk about the director? Among us, we call him “Boss”. It feels like he really reaches out to all the staff beneath him and all the actors well. He’s a person that’s this charismatic, but he’s also a bit gentle too. Gentle charisma - it’s this hard? Hahaha.

You were born in ‘86, but you must still remember more than Ryu Hyeyoung. Was there something you’ve prepared for the project?
“Yes. Firstly, reading the script, 1988 isn’t as far away of a past as I thought. I have a lot of memories of my childhood in the early 90′s. I lived in an apartment during elementary school, but I got along well with the ahjummas that lived by us, and within the kids, we went around as a pack. Things like briquettes and boilers though? It was my first time seeing them, so it was awkward, but I feel for the sentiments of that time. Honestly, I cried every time I read the script. I personally like warm stories, stories about people. There are things in ‘Answer Me 1988′ that make me cry.”

How’s the mood at filming?
“It’s great, of course. Since it’s a bunch of young colleagues together, it’s loud and the mood is harmonious. Among the 5 friends, there’s quite an age difference, but we get along comfortably calling each other ‘hyung’ and ‘dongsaeng’. Generation difference? I don’t know. For Kim Sungkyun and Ra Miran sunbanim too, I call them Sungkyun Hyung and Miran Noona. I’m grateful for them letting me call them that. We all get along well.

Introduce your character.
“My character has been introduced here and there already, but honestly, not everything has be revealed in the script yet, so there are parts that I don’t know too. Everyone’s curious about lovelines, right? We don’t know anything about that either. The director and writer isn’t letting anyone know, so we’re trying to guess what’s going to happen within ourselves. We’re really aware of one another and talk back and forth about things like “Don’t get close to him” and “You play with him”. Hahaha. They said that it was like this for AM1994 too. We’re speculating and imagining things within ourselves.”

So what’s your character’s biggest charm?
“It’s what they call “tsundere”. I hope that that comes across well.”

If you had to pick one character other than yours that seems like it’ll hit daebak?
“It’s awkward to just pick one, it’s seems like someone’s going to get upset… They’re all charming. As expected, Sung Dongil’s reputation is not for naught. And Hyeri’s character, Deoksun, definitely seems like it’ll be impactful. There aren’t a lot of female characters, but isn’t Hyeri’s the biggest?”

The ‘Answer Me’ series keep on doing well. 
‘It’s be a lie if I said I didn’t feel some burden, but it’s not to the point of having an influence on me. I’m just thinking of doing the best with what’s given to me.”

Say something to the viewers and fans.
“Ehm… It’s been 30 years since I’ve been born, and it seems like a lot has changed in that time. Our drama shows a time that’s a bit warmer than it is now. “It was like that at that time, it was like this at this time” - whatever feelings they are, it seems like it’d be good. I hope it becomes a portal that allows you to feel the emotions and sentiments of that time. And… I hope that you look after me as a rookie. I’ll be thankful it you can excuse my mistakes and applaud the things I do well. I’ll work hard without changing how I’m feeling now.”

Ryu Hyeyoung  X

How do you feel about working with Shin Wonho PD?
“I think it’s an honour to have met him. It’s really touching that whenever he addresses someone, he always looks at them. He’s a really warm person. When I first auditioned, he said that a person who acts well is important, but they’re looking for someone that they can enjoyable work with. Working together, those words got me right in the heart. He’s such a warm person that I wonder when I can meet him again. And he’s so smart that he knows exactly how to direct each character… He kind of seems like a genius. He knows which people to scold and which people to keep giving carrots to in order to give them strength - he’s really knows these kinds of things well. He’s quite emotional too. There have been times where he hid his tears by himself while filming. Hehe”

So do you get carrots or scolding?
“I’m the type of person who scolds themselves a lot, so it seems like he gives me carrots instead. But even if I’m given carrots, I’m not the style that eats them deliciously. I think “Why is he giving me a carrot” and scold myself. It seems like he sees right through me. Haha.”

What is the thing you pay most attention to while filming?
“The thing I pay most attention to is when I hit Hyeri. In the script, I hit her a lot… I have to hit her realistically, so when I come back guiltily the next day. I feel sorry, since when I do it, I have to do it properly. Hyeri says ‘Unnie, do it fully’ too, so I do.

1988 isn’t a time that you’ve lived in personally - you must have needed to do a lot of studying for it.
“Firstly, I looked up the things that the director told me. Since I’m appearing as a university student again, I met up with a person who experienced university at that time and talked a lot. I searched up a lot of things in on the internet too - things like commercials from ‘88 and the Olympics.”

How do you feel after having experienced that time through acting?
“As I acted, I think I became more happy. And I wondered “If I lived during that time, how would it have been?” too. It seems like there was a lot of things like freedom then that doesn’t exist in this generation. People had a lot of affection for one another too. It feels like it was a lot warmer then than it is in this generation. How should I say it? It seems like there are parts about living that aren’t as hard too. It’s less complicated? Of course, there were a lot of incidents in and out of the country during that time, but still, I’m thinking that living was better then. Haha.”

Introduce your character.
“Sung Bora is a honour student at Seoul University. She’s Deoksun’s unnie. But she’s quite authoritative. She’s the type to do what she wants and not according to her parents. If things don’t go her way, she becomes a ‘crazy richard simmons’ that hits her dongsaengs.”

Will Sung Bora have a loveline too?
“There hasn’t been one in the script yet. But I’m anticipating one. Hehe. The actor who plays Jungbong, Ahn Jaehong, is a sunbae of mine and we’re close. Ahn Jaehong oppa asked the director to make Bora and Jungbong end up together, and if they don’t, he said he’s going to write a Bora-Jungbong romance novel himself. But I don’t know. Hahaha.”

You don’t have much experience with TV dramas - there must be a lot you’re learning.
“There’s a whole lot. It’s really like that. Honestly, I still feel a lacking about things like knowing the camera and angles. Of course I have to study, but when I go to the set and get immersed in acting, there were a lot of times when I can’t pay attention to other things. I receive a lot of direction from the director about things like ‘Stop for 3 seconds so that the camera can catch your expression’. I haven’t done a drama for long, so I have a lot to learn. I’ve only appeared on KBS’s ‘Spy’ for a small role.”

What have you prepared for 1988′s fashion?
“Honestly, it’s similar to what I like to wear. I don’t know well, but the people around me say that it’s retro fashion. When I met Shin Wonho PD, he said ‘Your clothes are pretty. It’s exactly the style of the 80-90′s. It match well with the drama’s wardrobe”. When I went for the wardrobe fitting, I thought it was really similar to the clothes I wear, so it was pretty”. They said it suited me well, so I didn’t prepare anything in particular. I enjoy wearing retro clothes.”

Say something to the viewers and fans.
“I’m happy because it seems like I really get to show everyone my crazy acting. It’s a character that can really pull your attention, so I hope people keep being interested. Ah, and I want to say something to the fans of Girl’s Day. There are a lot of scenes where I hit Hyeri, so I’m worried. I’m always feeling sorry about it. You’ll know when you see the show, but the scenes where I hit her look really real. But that’s not because I’m hitting her well, it’s because Hyeri is being hit well. I hope you don’t hate me for hitting Hyeri, and instead, compliment Hyeri for being hit so well!”

http://goonggeumhani.tumblr.com/

Archived